ABC Head Start offers a comprehensive preschool and family support program for low income families. Operating in 11 locations across Edmonton, our goal is to prepare children for a successful educational experience in partnership with the family and community. Children in the ABC Head Start program are from 3½ to 5 years of age.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the teacher plays a key role on the inter-disciplinary team providing Early Learning Programming and services that are responsive to the diversity of the population that ABC Head Start serves.
- The Teacher ensures that the children are safe and nurtured
- The Teacher establishes an inclusive Early Learning environment that stimulates the emotional, social, physical, cognitive, communication and creative growth
- The Teacher establishes supportive and respectful relationships among staff, the children, their families and the community
- The Teacher monitors and provides documentation to improve program quality
- The Teacher engages in a process of continuous learning and professional development
- The Teacher contributes to a positive team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, with courses in Early Childhood Services or Special Education
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Early Learning classroom
- Experience working with pre-school children and their families is required
- A Permanent Teaching Certificate or eligibility for Interim Certificate is required
- A valid Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
Compensation: $25.97 per hour.
Closing Date: 12 August 2013
To apply, email your résumé and a cover letter.
For detailed job descriptions, please visit our web site www.abcheadstart.org
ABC Head Start thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.