Canadian Mental Health Association-Edmonton Region (CMHA-ER) is a non-profit organization that has been making mental health matter in the Edmonton community for over 55 years. CMHA-ER promotes mental health and recovery and provides direct service to youth and adults living with severe and persistent mental illness. CMHA-ER offers training in suicide prevention and intervention, mental health first aid and peer leadership; advocacy; mental health recovery programs; family support groups and affordable housing. The Receptionist is responsible for all reception duties, internal communication and general administrative support for the agency. This position reports to the Executive Assistant.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system
- Performs reception services; answers incoming calls, transfers calls to appropriate staff, takes and distributes messages, greets visitors, responds to requests for information and directs visitors as appropriate
- Ensures that program participants, visitors, callers and staff receive welcoming, courteous and prompt service
- Receives and distributes incoming mail, faxes and general email
- Maintains a neat and orderly reception desk and waiting room
- Takes an active role as part of the Administrative Services team, helping with all administrative tasks: filing, copying, mailing, composing communications, word-processing, formatting and revising existing documents
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies, places supply orders and stocks supplies
- Ensures office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine and postage meter are in good working order and arranges for repairs as necessary
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of the agency and all services
- Works cohesively with fellow employees to maintain a professional and enjoyable work environment
Qualifications and skills:
- Understanding of mental health and mental illness
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment; photocopier, fax machine, phone system and postage meter
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Maintains professional boundaries with program participants and visitors
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrates a caring attitude. Communicates clearly, professionally, effectively, and respectfully with a diverse population of visitors, program participants and staff
- Professional, personable and outgoing
- Confidential and discrete
- Reliable and punctual
- Works equally as well as self-directed team member and in team work
- Is able to lift and move up to 35 pounds
- Current First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- A Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search must be provided
Hours of Work: 8:15am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday with some overtime requirement.
Compensation: $29,216 to $38,261 per annum. CMHA-ER offers a competitive compensation package which includes extended health benefits and pension plan along with a dynamic working environment and professional development opportunities.
Visit: www.cmha-edmonton.ab.ca to review the job description
To Apply: Email résumé and cover letter
Position will remain open till a suitable candidate has been found
Indeed - 13 months ago