Day time, evening and weekend work may be required
Start date: Effective immediately
Pay: $16.75 per hour
Canadian Mental Health Association – Edmonton Region (CMHA-ER) is a non-profit organization that has been making mental health matter in the Edmonton community for over 55 years. CMHA-ER promotes mental health and recovery while providing direct service to people living with severe and persistent mental illness. Programs include education about mental health, mental illness, and stigma; suicide education, prevention, and intervention skills training; mental health first aid training; peer leadership training; social and recreational programs; family support groups; affordable housing; and volunteer services.
Practical Supports Services is a service available to people living with mental illness who require assistance with maintaining independent living. Support may include assistance with personal errands such as grocery shopping, dental appointments, and haircuts; housekeeping tasks like basic cooking; budget and banking needs; and support attending appointments. Clients will be able to enjoy better quality of life by alleviating the challenge of day to day tasks with support from a Practical Supports Worker.
CMHA-ER is actively recruiting qualified Practical Supports Services Workers. The Practical Support Services Worker is someone who has lived experience of mental illness and is seeking an opportunity to support others with practical daily living tasks. Services may be offered Monday through Sunday, 8:30 am through 10:00 pm. The Practical Supports Worker will work casual hours on an on-call basis. The Practical Supports Worker will receive $16.75 per hour, 4% vacation pay, and will be reimbursed for travel costs and other expenses approved in advance.
- Lived experience with mental illness
- Ability to perform and complete practical life management skills
- Experience working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector an asset
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook email and calendar
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Have ready access to a reliable vehicle and provide reasonably clear driver’s abstract
- Must be very organized and able to manage own time effectively
- Strong professional work ethic
- Able to provide a recent police information check including a vulnerable sector search
To access full job description visit: www.cmha-edmonton.ab.ca
Remuneration: $16.75 /hr.wor www.terracentre.ca ww.cmha-edmonton.ab.ca
Posting open until suitable candidates found.
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter.
Note: Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted