Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children in the community.
Reporting to the Family Support Program Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator provides supervision to members of the team responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of Family Support programming, which includes home visitation, supportive counseling, group facilitation and family advocacy.
The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
As a member of the management team, the Family Support Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Provide direct supervision to Family Support Workers who deliver the home visitation and supportive counseling services to Norwood’s participants
- Identify and support professional training and development opportunities for individual staff
- Provide regular and ongoing feedback to members of the Family Support team, including performance reviews
- Coordinate staff schedules and attendance and review leave requests
- Participate in the recruitment process on behalf of the Family support team and provide orientation to new team members
- Support the Family Support team regarding significant and/or sensitive child or family issues
- Link program plans and individual staff performance plans to agency strategic goals
- Conduct evaluations to determine the effectiveness of the Family Support Program to meet agency and funder outcomes
- Implement appropriate documentation and protocol measures, best practices in conjunction with Norwood’s policies and practices, funder requirements and program outcomes
- Oversee the assessment and screening of all clients requesting access to services
- Work with the program manager to develop and administer the annual program budget
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of three years in a role supervising program or outreach staff
- Degree/diploma in Social Work or a related Human Services field
- Experience with program evaluation and performance management processes
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, with experience in Excel and database systems
- Strong written skills with the ability to prepare evaluation and funder reports
- A criminal record check, child welfare check and first aid prior to the commencement of employment
The salary for this role is $27.80 per hour based on a 35 hour week.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation) , a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your résumé and cover letter.
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references who may be contacted prior to interviews.
The position will remain open till a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre
9516 – 114 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0K7