Canada Summer Student (May - August)
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre is looking for two (2) caring, enthusiastic, energetic individuals to work in the Early Start Program over the summer.
The Early Start Program is a child-directed, learn through play program for children birth - 6 years old. Children are encouraged to explore, learn, problem solve, and have fun as they play in a safe, nurturing environment. Positive play experiences are aimed at fostering optimal development of personal/social skills, communication skills, gross and fine motor skills, appropriate problem solving/cognitive skills, and coping/emotional skills as well as optimal physical development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Attended school full time and planning to return to school full time in September 2014
(Secondary or post secondary, including vocational or technical program)
- Child Development Certification is ideal
- Experience working with young children an asset
- Knowledge of program planning for young children an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- A current First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record Check and CWIS Record Check
The salary for this role is $17.46 per hour based on a 35 hour week.
The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references
who may be contacted prior to interviews.
Closing Deadline: May 9, 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.