Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre is looking for a caring, enthusiastic, understanding individual as an Early Childhood Educator in the Early Start Program.
The Early Start Program is a child-directed, learn through play program for children birth - 6 years old. Children are encouraged to explore, learn, problem solve, and have fun as they play in a safe, nurturing environment. Positive play experiences are aimed at fostering optimal development of personal/social skills, communication skills, gross and fine motor skills, appropriate problem solving/cognitive skills, and coping/emotional skills as well as optimal physical development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Child Development Supervisor Diploma (formerly level 3)
- Triple P Certification an asset
- Experience working with young children
- Experience providing an enriched experiential environment for young children
- Experience working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- A current First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record Check and CWIS Record Check
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation), a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development.
The salary for this role is $18.64-$22.14 per hour based on a 35 hour week.
The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references
who may be contacted prior to interviews.
Closing Deadline: May 16, 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.