Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre is looking for a caring, enthusiastic, understanding individual as an Early Childhood Educator in the Early Start Program. This position starts on July 02, 2013 and ends on August 31, 2013.
The Early Start Program at Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre is a ‘child directed’, ‘learn through play’ program for children ages 0-6 years. The children are encouraged to explore, learn, problem solve, and have fun as they play in a safe, nurturing environment. Activities offered to children included field trips, cooking experiences, arts and crafts, recreational activities, multicultural activities, home visits and special events. Parent involvement opportunities are also available.
- Early Childhood Education (minimum Level 1)
- Experience working with young children
- Experience providing an enriched experiential environment for young children
- Experience working with families from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- A current First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record Check and CWIS Record Check
Salary: $18.64-$22.14 per hour based on a 35 hour week.
Hours of work: The position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your résumé and cover letter in PDF or Word formats.
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references who may be contacted prior to interviews.
Closing Deadline: June 21, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre 9516 – 114 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0K