As the Community Engagement Coordinator, you will be responsible for the coordination of communication, volunteer management and fund development activities including marketing activities to promote and enhance the Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre (Norwood).This is a 1 year contract position with the possibility of Extension.
Your responsibilities and daily activities will include:
- Lead and manage implementation of volunteer development programs to maximize volunteer satisfaction, engagement and support Norwood’s priorities
- Plan a volunteer recognition event for volunteers
- Plan, develop, implement and oversee fundraising activities of the organization, coordinate/participate in events to promote Norwood.
- Develop annual marketing plan
- Create, implement and evaluate an internal and external communication plan that aligns with Norwood’s strategic plan
- Responsible for creating content, updating and maintaining the Norwood’s website and associated social media
- Develop and distribute overall agency information such as the Agency’s Annual Report, Information booklets
For qualifications we are looking for:
- Post- secondary degree in business, communications, Humanities or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a non – profit agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management skills; ability to meet timelines, multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented and highly organized while maintaining perspective and understanding the big picture
- Demonstrated experience with event planning and organization
- Familiarity with marketing communications design and production would be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office(Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and social media platforms
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record Check and Child Interventions checks
Compensation: Salary of $27.80 per hour plus full benefits
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children in the community. Seen as a Centre of Excellence within the community of Edmonton, we have the opportunity to work with a variety of children and families helping them realize their full potential.
As a nonprofit we offer:
*Comprehensive Health Benefit s
*A Focus on Wellness
*Scheduled Office Closures during Easter and Christmas
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references who may be contacted prior to interviews.
The position will remain open till a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted