Reporting to the Agency and Community Manager, the Cook Assistant will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the kitchen. The Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre is open Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 8:15pm and Saturdays, 9:00am-4:30pm.
- Minimum 2nd Year Apprentice in a culinary program; equivalencies may be considered
- Experience planning and facilitating cooking classes
- Experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the kitchen
- Open to learning and utilizing various cooking methods
- Responsible for the effective operation of the kitchen
- Plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals to the children, parents and other agency participants
- Plan and facilitate cooking groups for children and families
- Maintain a high standard of supportive service
- Maintain health and hygiene standards and practices of the agency
- Be aware and adhere to licensing, health and safety guidelines and applicable federal and provincial legislations
- Monitor food stock and kitchen supplies; assist with replenishing stock
- Ensure effective communication with all employees of the agency
- Ensure that all activities reflect the Agency’s mission, vision and values
Hours: 21 hours a week, including evenings and Saturdays.
Salary: $16.13-$18.38 per hour plus benefits.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness and team building activities.
To apply for this opportunity, please *email your résumé and cover letter*. As part of our screening process, applications must include at least two references who may be contacted prior to interviews. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre 9516 – 114 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T5G 0K7