Who we are:
Terra Breads is a Vancouver-based and owned Canadian leader in artisan baking. With a team of over 150 employees, many of whom have been with us long-term, we still proudly use our original artisan methods and organic ingredients to make flavorful and nutritious bread, pastries and granola. Terra is committed to making its products slow rise “from scratch”- no mixes, flavor enhancers or added preservatives.
What the job is:
Terra Breads is looking for an Intermediate Accountant reporting to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare monthly J/E and financial statements. Perform variance analysis of G&A expenses and explain variances to Accounting Manager.
- Prepare biweekly payroll allocation and internal management labour reports. Explain variances to Management.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations.
- Negotiate with G&A suppliers for pricing and services.
- Prepare calculations for GST, PST, WCB and corporate tax instalment payments.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Act as backup for financial statement preparation, AR/AP, and payroll/benefits.
- Improve and implement processes, procedures, and internal controls.
Who you are:
You are actively pursuing a professional accounting designation. You also have a strong work ethic and have the ability work with minimal supervision. The ability to multitask with changing priorities, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy, will be essential. Other requirements as follows:
- Experience: 2 to 4 years of progressive accounting experience; experience in manufacturing and/or food production preferred.
- Education: Intermediate level CGA, CMA, or CPA and working towards designation.
- Experience using an ERP system. Working knowledge of Excel and MIS.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Overtime is seldom required but must be flexible should the need arise.
- Willingness to adapt new procedures and/or techniques within own work environment
- Willingness to design and propose new procedures and/or techniques within another team member’s work environment.
To explore this career opportunity further, please send your resume and cover letter indicating your goals and compensation expectations and use “Intermediate Accountant” in the subject line.
Competitive compensation is offered, based on qualifications.