Terex Employee Reviews

i looked forward to going to work each day
transport clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MN12 November 2016
My days at Terex would consist of taking completed machines from the production line and doing a final inspection for quality and putting on the final decal and staging them for shipment to dealers. I would load them on trailers and tie them down and do shipping paperwork and keep a shipping log for our records. coworkers were good I actually only worked directly with one other guy and the truck drivers who picked up machines. I also had to work with management directly to get lists of machines and where they were going and then stage them accordingly. my whole job was enjoyable and I can't really pick a hard part at all.
Pros
decent benefits, good leadership
Cons
average wages, hours not consistant
Fast paced, goal oriented facility.
Paint Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI15 November 2016
My almost two years with Terex gave me the opportunity to experience management levels. The training I received from Terex was outstanding, and I had the support of both management and workers.
Pros
Good compensation, training and the opportunity to move forward within the company.
Cons
Almost unrealistic expectations, lack of support from corporate and poor staffing solutions.
Great company, disorganized management.
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH2 November 2016
Great company but was hired in during a transitional period/buy out of company. Poor employee morale and regard for middle to upper management. Very poor communication within middle to upper company wide management.
Pros
Creative/managerial freedom
Cons
Poor communication, morale, organization of company structuring
Used to be a good job
Welder/Fabricator machinist/forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Huron, SD13 December 2016
I wouldn't recommend working there the only perk is decent wages and great benefits but the management system sucks and they keep taking away our perks slowly they also think they are to rulers of your life and like to make mandatory overtime
Pros
GOOD BENIES PAY IS DECENT
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Fun and a highly productive work place
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA28 October 2016
Great work Environment. Communication was top of the line for everyone that worked at Terex. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wide scale training for all of the different positions that were available to anyone.
Pros
Great wages and health care
Cons
Closing of the doors for relocation to a different state
Welder (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA7 September 2016
Work days start at 5am and we leave at 3:30pm working overtime when necessary. Most weeks we work Monday-Thursday unless behind on units.

I have learned a lot about becoming a better welder, they have a great team willing to train and show you new skills.

Management is always willing to listen but isn't the type to breathe down a neck.

Team is a group of great guys.

Hardest part of my job is just the commute.

Most enjoyable part of working for this company is the fact that this particular group of guys is able to have a great time, joke and get the job done. Everyone is willing to help another out so we don't fall behind.
Fast Environment, Productive & Customer Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MS14 October 2016
Answering phones calls
Answering emails
Assisting co-workers & customers
Shipping Orders
Processing Claims
Checking available stock for orders
Inventory control
This company had a lot of potential to stay in Waverly.
Continuous Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IA14 December 2016
Great supervisors to work with as we all had great experiences in prior employments. We worked together to get things done that made the employees and the company successful.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Had some issues that didn't get resolved
Decent Job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 October 2016
There's been a lot of changes in the time I've been here from management to the entire organization. The lack of communication between facilities & even within your own facility causes quite a problem most of the time. Maybe if the pay was better & they worked out some of the kinks then there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate.
good work/life balance and culture, but early start time is not for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA11 August 2016
Good work/life balance (almost never took work home with me and rarely worked overtime). As a manufacturing engineer, I had a lot of freedom to choose my own projects (with management input), set my own deadlines, and get my work done without union restrictions or a ton of red tape. I could go into a workshop area and quickly make my own prototypes (if I didn't want to wait for a resource welder or machinist) by machining, welding, or making it out of wood. Laid back culture.
Pros
work-life balance, freedom to work on projects, no union restrictions
Cons
salary could be higher, early start time
lost and out of there depth
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 December 2016
Poor place to work, run on temps

They have no idea what they are doing.
Coventry is so disjointed, from one section to another, to many managers saying its not my job, no team work, so disappointed. Should be a great place to work. Managed badly.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Challenging environment where change was not embraced
Vice President of Sales, NA (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA15 September 2016
I worked with the Sales Team at Terex Cranes. I learned that change is hard to implement when you work with a team of very seasoned employees who are happy doing things the way that they've always done them.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Averse to outsiders
Great experience as young professional
HR Benefits and Employee Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  West11 January 2017
Without my managers I would truly be lost with the understanding of HQ operations. My support team and managers helped me understand the culture and helped me achieve my personal goals.
Good Benefits-low pay
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IA24 October 2016
Worked at Terex for just over a year. Worked n contract until recently hired. Actually make less money then when I was on contract. Have good benefits, just low pay for as much money runs in an out of Terex.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Coporate
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI8 November 2016
Terex bought a family owned business 2 years ago. There was a a very big culture change. Terex has a reputation for buying smaller companies and closing them. They did this at the Waukesha location as well.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work Hours, Salary, Job Security.
Productive Place with Flexibility @ work
Assistant General Manager - Engineering (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh17 November 2016
Growth opportunity place with Flexibility @ work
Supportive and long stability manpower
Global Organization
Opportunity o learn new things and word on different avenues
Pros
Flexibility
A fast paced, results driven construction company
ENGINEERING CHANGE COORDINATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Coventry20 September 2016
A fast paced, friendly working environment within a company that strives for continuous improvement, putting the customer's needs first. Workload is high, which is both challenging and rewarding.
Great Culture
HR Benefits & Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Westport, CT16 December 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my first summer internship with this company - Their staff is a great backbone to each division of the company and truly care about the development of young professionals.
Enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Westport, CT7 June 2016
I wasn't always working my job position that was broken up with frequent covering for others; taught myself Microsoft since that was the up-and-coming software of the future at the time and I wanted to keep up with the trend; co-workers could be a little overbearing; the hardest part of the job was finding the time needed to do my assigned position; the most enjoyable part of the job was it was in an area I could leave the building for lunch occasionally for a change of environment.
Pros
Situated in an area where I could leave the building for lunch or whatever.
Cons
Could be a strict working environment
Old school company trying to change its culture.
Operations Manager Wet Paint and HSE departments (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 November 2016
Great working people, friendly, helpful.
Lots of upgrades at the facility.
- New cafeteria