Terex Employee Reviews

good work/life balance and culture, but early start time is not for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA11 August 2016
Good work/life balance (almost never took work home with me and rarely worked overtime). As a manufacturing engineer, I had a lot of freedom to choose my own projects (with management input), set my own deadlines, and get my work done without union restrictions or a ton of red tape. I could go into a workshop area and quickly make my own prototypes (if I didn't want to wait for a resource welder or machinist) by machining, welding, or making it out of wood. Laid back culture.
Pros
work-life balance, freedom to work on projects, no union restrictions
Cons
salary could be higher, early start time
i looked forward to going to work each day
transport clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MN12 November 2016
My days at Terex would consist of taking completed machines from the production line and doing a final inspection for quality and putting on the final decal and staging them for shipment to dealers. I would load them on trailers and tie them down and do shipping paperwork and keep a shipping log for our records. coworkers were good I actually only worked directly with one other guy and the truck drivers who picked up machines. I also had to work with management directly to get lists of machines and where they were going and then stage them accordingly. my whole job was enjoyable and I can't really pick a hard part at all.
Pros
decent benefits, good leadership
Cons
average wages, hours not consistant
Coporate
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI8 November 2016
Terex bought a family owned business 2 years ago. There was a a very big culture change. Terex has a reputation for buying smaller companies and closing them. They did this at the Waukesha location as well.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work Hours, Salary, Job Security.
Fast paced, goal oriented facility.
Paint Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI15 November 2016
My almost two years with Terex gave me the opportunity to experience management levels. The training I received from Terex was outstanding, and I had the support of both management and workers.
Pros
Good compensation, training and the opportunity to move forward within the company.
Cons
Almost unrealistic expectations, lack of support from corporate and poor staffing solutions.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA7 September 2016
Work days start at 5am and we leave at 3:30pm working overtime when necessary. Most weeks we work Monday-Thursday unless behind on units.

I have learned a lot about becoming a better welder, they have a great team willing to train and show you new skills.

Management is always willing to listen but isn't the type to breathe down a neck.

Team is a group of great guys.

Hardest part of my job is just the commute.

Most enjoyable part of working for this company is the fact that this particular group of guys is able to have a great time, joke and get the job done. Everyone is willing to help another out so we don't fall behind.
Poor management and workforce
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 November 2016
Very poor culture and short sighted management, coupled with poor product and support. Very frustrating work place. Doubt it has a future.
Pros
Four day week
Cons
Product
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA12 April 2016
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Pros
Great culture, decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Local 411
Heavy Forktruck operator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA1 August 2016
The only reason why this job was good was due to the fact that there was a union. If there wasn't management would have walked all over us.
Pros
Union benefits, Union pay
Cons
Management is lousy
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dungannon17 August 2016
This company don't care about their workers. It's production at whatever cost. No care for the health and safety of their employees nor for the mental welfare of the workers. The whole factory constantly has low moral amongst the workforce and this is further antagonised by the fact that the Human Resources department is that one sided that the workforce are alienated from it. It's happy to cover up and brush issues under the carpet, it's managed badly and I'd go so far as to say corrupt to the core! I wouldn't want anyone to take a job in it unless they want to end up with mental health issues. The management couldn't care less about the little people on the shop floor. Until there is a complete overhaul of management, supervisors and human resources they will continue to run a factory riddled with bullying and victimisation of employees. There is absaloutely no worker incentive ,no time keeping bonus or no production bonus. Regardless of who you are or what you give to the company you'll easily be replaced. Avoid at all cost would be the best advice I could give.
Pros
The road home!
Cons
Bad relations between management and shop floor workers
Great company, disorganized management.
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH2 November 2016
Great company but was hired in during a transitional period/buy out of company. Poor employee morale and regard for middle to upper management. Very poor communication within middle to upper company wide management.
Pros
Creative/managerial freedom
Cons
Poor communication, morale, organization of company structuring
Improvement
Senior TBS Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond Washington20 June 2016
The Genie brand of Terex has a healthy improvement culture and strives to offer careers. I have enjoyed the team I work with.
Decent Job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 October 2016
There's been a lot of changes in the time I've been here from management to the entire organization. The lack of communication between facilities & even within your own facility causes quite a problem most of the time. Maybe if the pay was better & they worked out some of the kinks then there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate.
Good Benefits-low pay
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IA24 October 2016
Worked at Terex for just over a year. Worked n contract until recently hired. Actually make less money then when I was on contract. Have good benefits, just low pay for as much money runs in an out of Terex.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Construction related equipment manufacturer
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA30 March 2016
Global manufacturer of construction, aerial work platform, port solutions, material processing and cranes. Dedicated, professional team focused on efficiencies, process improvement, customer care and return on invested capital.

Genie and Terex team members make the Company unique, all are focused on doing the best job possible in an environment where daily challenges to deliverability, quality, safety, competition, costs have to be analyzed, managed and addressed.

A typical day in credit and collections as well as equipment financing involved managing a high volume flow of business and demands of customers, sales leaders and dealers, but doing so within the constraints of existing policies and procedures so as to achieve desired results. We underwrote small, medium and large ticket transactions.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours to meet customer and co-workers needs.
Cons
Distinct business units.
Enjoying my time but ready for new challenge
Material's Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dungannon10 December 2015
Learned how to lead a team, how to manage my time and how to work well under pressure with a busy schedule. I completed a supervisor for success course , which helped me a lot, and improved my management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things each day
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Limited oppurtunity to progress Career
Leaderless
Employee (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH31 August 2016
Has many dedicated and hard working employees. Upper management not focused on Growth, Sales or customer service. They lack leadership. Do not communicate long term goals.
terex
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SD1 August 2016
i would go in at 3am
would clean and maintain work area fix machine if broke or went down
management was ok just didnt communicate good to workers
hardest part of job was 12 hour days
Pros
great co workers and lots of overtime
Good workplace with decent understanding people
Welder (Current Employee) –  Solon, OH10 March 2016
My typical day at work would be come in and weld the inside of the entire overhead crane.
I learned how to flux cor weld and mig weld. always had the basic concept of welding down but learned a lot about it and got my certifications here.
Management and co-workers there were understanding and very nice to work with.
Hardest part of my job is when i would have a skinny overhead crane that i had to weld out and the bottom welds were ones i couldn't see so i was welding blindfolded basically.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was actually welding, making things for the job and watching things take shape.
People were jerks
Staff (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA1 August 2016
The management and staff were nose in the air elitist. Everybody was complaining and back stabbing throughout the plant. Waverly Iowa hate the place. Mean, nasty people.
job keeps you very busy
Material Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WA23 June 2016
This a job you need to be able to multitask many projects and be able to drop everything to do projects for top management but still get your work duties complete. people were amazing but could have a better training program.