Terex Employee Reviews

good work/life balance and culture, but early start time is not for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2016
Good work/life balance (almost never took work home with me and rarely worked overtime). As a manufacturing engineer, I had a lot of freedom to choose my own projects (with management input), set my own deadlines, and get my work done without union restrictions or a ton of red tape. I could go into a workshop area and quickly make my own prototypes (if I didn't want to wait for a resource welder or machinist) by machining, welding, or making it out of wood. Laid back culture.
Pros
work-life balance, freedom to work on projects, no union restrictions
Cons
salary could be higher, early start time
Enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 7, 2016
I wasn't always working my job position that was broken up with frequent covering for others; taught myself Microsoft since that was the up-and-coming software of the future at the time and I wanted to keep up with the trend; co-workers could be a little overbearing; the hardest part of the job was finding the time needed to do my assigned position; the most enjoyable part of the job was it was in an area I could leave the building for lunch occasionally for a change of environment.
Pros
Situated in an area where I could leave the building for lunch or whatever.
Cons
Could be a strict working environment
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 12, 2016
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Pros
Great culture, decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Very Positive and Upbeat Management
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2016
As an engineer, there is always room to learn from productivity to creativity. Terex had offered an exceptional learning tools to all of its engineers whether it is in-house training or outsourced which leads to an endless possibilities for innovations.

I've really enjoyed my challenging time there at Terex.
Pros
Continuously improvement from top down.
Cons
Cyclical market demand often lead to substantial workforce reductions
Good workplace with decent understanding people
Welder (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 10, 2016
My typical day at work would be come in and weld the inside of the entire overhead crane.
I learned how to flux cor weld and mig weld. always had the basic concept of welding down but learned a lot about it and got my certifications here.
Management and co-workers there were understanding and very nice to work with.
Hardest part of my job is when i would have a skinny overhead crane that i had to weld out and the bottom welds were ones i couldn't see so i was welding blindfolded basically.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was actually welding, making things for the job and watching things take shape.
job keeps you very busy
Material Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 23, 2016
This a job you need to be able to multitask many projects and be able to drop everything to do projects for top management but still get your work duties complete. people were amazing but could have a better training program.
Run Lean
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 31, 2016
The people at Terex are wonderful, and you will find good mentors. In recent years the company has been run so Lean that the work/ life is skewed and I saw many individuals not getting to spend time with their families. Because they pay in the median range, there started to be increased turn-over.
Pros
The caliber of people
Cons
Too Lean
Great people and learning opportunities
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 18, 2016
Service Technician (Jan 2015)
• Mechanically service aerial lift truck and track units
• Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
Installation Technician
• Assembled aerial lift trucks and track units
terex
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDAugust 1, 2016
i would go in at 3am
would clean and maintain work area fix machine if broke or went down
management was ok just didnt communicate good to workers
hardest part of job was 12 hour days
Pros
great co workers and lots of overtime
Good people to work with
LeaderShip Position (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Typical day is busy scheduling production for team members. I've learned Lean manufacturing and processes. Working with others. Good people everyone gets along like family. We have team members fun day which is also fun.
Pros
4 10hr days/3 day weekend, good on PTO time, good on keeping up with training certifications
Cons
problem with keeping all machines running and rescheduling production around the issue
Construction related equipment manufacturer
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
Global manufacturer of construction, aerial work platform, port solutions, material processing and cranes. Dedicated, professional team focused on efficiencies, process improvement, customer care and return on invested capital.

Genie and Terex team members make the Company unique, all are focused on doing the best job possible in an environment where daily challenges to deliverability, quality, safety, competition, costs have to be analyzed, managed and addressed.

A typical day in credit and collections as well as equipment financing involved managing a high volume flow of business and demands of customers, sales leaders and dealers, but doing so within the constraints of existing policies and procedures so as to achieve desired results. We underwrote small, medium and large ticket transactions.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours to meet customer and co-workers needs.
Cons
Distinct business units.
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 22, 2016
The people I worked with were amazing, the management team was something to be desired. The management and the workers were very divided and could never seem to see eye to eye. This made the work atmosphere very difficult at times.
Local 411
Heavy Forktruck operator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 1, 2016
The only reason why this job was good was due to the fact that there was a union. If there wasn't management would have walked all over us.
Pros
Union benefits, Union pay
Cons
Management is lousy
People were jerks
Staff (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 1, 2016
The management and staff were nose in the air elitist. Everybody was complaining and back stabbing throughout the plant. Waverly Iowa hate the place. Mean, nasty people.
I enjoyed the work at Genie, when they had work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 24, 2016
After 2 1/2 years at Genie it became clear to me that the only people who work there that have job security are employees with many years with the company. Everyone else is considered expendable and replaceable.
Pros
Good money, decent benefits
Cons
virtually no job security
this place was a good job.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJanuary 7, 2016
go there in morning and exercise a little and help put large arail boom lift together that go on light trucks. i put on covers and hook up hydraulic lines together and wire a little and put decals on. i help build cat racks that go inside the machine itself. the rollers. people there was good to work with.
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  DungannonAugust 17, 2016
This company don't care about their workers. It's production at whatever cost. No care for the health and safety of their employees nor for the mental welfare of the workers. The whole factory constantly has low moral amongst the workforce and this is further antagonised by the fact that the Human Resources department is that one sided that the workforce are alienated from it. It's happy to cover up and brush issues under the carpet, it's managed badly and I'd go so far as to say corrupt to the core! I wouldn't want anyone to take a job in it unless they want to end up with mental health issues. The management couldn't care less about the little people on the shop floor. Until there is a complete overhaul of management, supervisors and human resources they will continue to run a factory riddled with bullying and victimisation of employees. There is absaloutely no worker incentive ,no time keeping bonus or no production bonus. Regardless of who you are or what you give to the company you'll easily be replaced. Avoid at all cost would be the best advice I could give.
Pros
The road home!
Cons
Bad relations between management and shop floor workers
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 20, 2016
This was a temp position. They trained me very little. Gave me very little feed back. Supervision , inappropriate and not well managed. I loved what I did , but not who worked for.
Enjoying my time but ready for new challenge
Material's Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DungannonDecember 10, 2015
Learned how to lead a team, how to manage my time and how to work well under pressure with a busy schedule. I completed a supervisor for success course , which helped me a lot, and improved my management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things each day
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Limited oppurtunity to progress Career
Improvement
Senior TBS Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond WashingtonJune 20, 2016
The Genie brand of Terex has a healthy improvement culture and strives to offer careers. I have enjoyed the team I work with.