Terex Employee Reviews

good work/life balance and culture, but early start time is not for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA11 August 2016
Good work/life balance (almost never took work home with me and rarely worked overtime). As a manufacturing engineer, I had a lot of freedom to choose my own projects (with management input), set my own deadlines, and get my work done without union restrictions or a ton of red tape. I could go into a workshop area and quickly make my own prototypes (if I didn't want to wait for a resource welder or machinist) by machining, welding, or making it out of wood. Laid back culture.
Pros
work-life balance, freedom to work on projects, no union restrictions
Cons
salary could be higher, early start time
i looked forward to going to work each day
transport clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MN12 November 2016
My days at Terex would consist of taking completed machines from the production line and doing a final inspection for quality and putting on the final decal and staging them for shipment to dealers. I would load them on trailers and tie them down and do shipping paperwork and keep a shipping log for our records. coworkers were good I actually only worked directly with one other guy and the truck drivers who picked up machines. I also had to work with management directly to get lists of machines and where they were going and then stage them accordingly. my whole job was enjoyable and I can't really pick a hard part at all.
Pros
decent benefits, good leadership
Cons
average wages, hours not consistant
Coporate
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI8 November 2016
Terex bought a family owned business 2 years ago. There was a a very big culture change. Terex has a reputation for buying smaller companies and closing them. They did this at the Waukesha location as well.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work Hours, Salary, Job Security.
Fast paced, goal oriented facility.
Paint Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WI15 November 2016
My almost two years with Terex gave me the opportunity to experience management levels. The training I received from Terex was outstanding, and I had the support of both management and workers.
Pros
Good compensation, training and the opportunity to move forward within the company.
Cons
Almost unrealistic expectations, lack of support from corporate and poor staffing solutions.
Upper Management needs to be open to shop floor feedback
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA22 December 2016
Great place to work.... No trust between management and the shop floor. Offers of overtime and no parts to work with. Could not have had better co-workers or Mid-Level management.
Pros
Good benefits, Occasional free lunches, laid back work enviroment
Cons
Layoffs and Not informing workforce of Sales and parts issues
Used to be a good job
Welder/Fabricator machinist/forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Huron, SD13 December 2016
I wouldn't recommend working there the only perk is decent wages and great benefits but the management system sucks and they keep taking away our perks slowly they also think they are to rulers of your life and like to make mandatory overtime
Pros
GOOD BENIES PAY IS DECENT
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Good Company to work for
HSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX8 December 2016
This company has good benefits and has helped me professional advance in my own career. They are willing to work with all types of people. Overall a positive place to work.
Poor management and workforce
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 November 2016
Very poor culture and short sighted management, coupled with poor product and support. Very frustrating work place. Doubt it has a future.
Pros
Four day week
Cons
Product
Welder (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA7 September 2016
Work days start at 5am and we leave at 3:30pm working overtime when necessary. Most weeks we work Monday-Thursday unless behind on units.

I have learned a lot about becoming a better welder, they have a great team willing to train and show you new skills.

Management is always willing to listen but isn't the type to breathe down a neck.

Team is a group of great guys.

Hardest part of my job is just the commute.

Most enjoyable part of working for this company is the fact that this particular group of guys is able to have a great time, joke and get the job done. Everyone is willing to help another out so we don't fall behind.
Great company, disorganized management.
Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH2 November 2016
Great company but was hired in during a transitional period/buy out of company. Poor employee morale and regard for middle to upper management. Very poor communication within middle to upper company wide management.
Pros
Creative/managerial freedom
Cons
Poor communication, morale, organization of company structuring
Local 411
Heavy Forktruck operator (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IA1 August 2016
The only reason why this job was good was due to the fact that there was a union. If there wasn't management would have walked all over us.
Pros
Union benefits, Union pay
Cons
Management is lousy
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dungannon17 August 2016
This company don't care about their workers. It's production at whatever cost. No care for the health and safety of their employees nor for the mental welfare of the workers. The whole factory constantly has low moral amongst the workforce and this is further antagonised by the fact that the Human Resources department is that one sided that the workforce are alienated from it. It's happy to cover up and brush issues under the carpet, it's managed badly and I'd go so far as to say corrupt to the core! I wouldn't want anyone to take a job in it unless they want to end up with mental health issues. The management couldn't care less about the little people on the shop floor. Until there is a complete overhaul of management, supervisors and human resources they will continue to run a factory riddled with bullying and victimisation of employees. There is absaloutely no worker incentive ,no time keeping bonus or no production bonus. Regardless of who you are or what you give to the company you'll easily be replaced. Avoid at all cost would be the best advice I could give.
Pros
The road home!
Cons
Bad relations between management and shop floor workers
Great experience as young professional
HR Benefits and Employee Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  West11 January 2017
Without my managers I would truly be lost with the understanding of HQ operations. My support team and managers helped me understand the culture and helped me achieve my personal goals.
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WA12 April 2016
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Pros
Great culture, decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Decent Job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 October 2016
There's been a lot of changes in the time I've been here from management to the entire organization. The lack of communication between facilities & even within your own facility causes quite a problem most of the time. Maybe if the pay was better & they worked out some of the kinks then there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate.
Good Benefits-low pay
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IA24 October 2016
Worked at Terex for just over a year. Worked n contract until recently hired. Actually make less money then when I was on contract. Have good benefits, just low pay for as much money runs in an out of Terex.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay
Improvement
Senior TBS Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond Washington20 June 2016
The Genie brand of Terex has a healthy improvement culture and strives to offer careers. I have enjoyed the team I work with.
Productive Place with Flexibility @ work
Assistant General Manager - Engineering (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh17 November 2016
Growth opportunity place with Flexibility @ work
Supportive and long stability manpower
Global Organization
Opportunity o learn new things and word on different avenues
Pros
Flexibility
Leaderless
Employee (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OH31 August 2016
Has many dedicated and hard working employees. Upper management not focused on Growth, Sales or customer service. They lack leadership. Do not communicate long term goals.
lost and out of there depth
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 December 2016
Poor place to work, run on temps

They have no idea what they are doing.
Coventry is so disjointed, from one section to another, to many managers saying its not my job, no team work, so disappointed. Should be a great place to work. Managed badly.
Pros
na
Cons
na