Terex Employee Reviews

Construction related equipment manufacturer
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
Global manufacturer of construction, aerial work platform, port solutions, material processing and cranes. Dedicated, professional team focused on efficiencies, process improvement, customer care and return on invested capital.

Genie and Terex team members make the Company unique, all are focused on doing the best job possible in an environment where daily challenges to deliverability, quality, safety, competition, costs have to be analyzed, managed and addressed.

A typical day in credit and collections as well as equipment financing involved managing a high volume flow of business and demands of customers, sales leaders and dealers, but doing so within the constraints of existing policies and procedures so as to achieve desired results. We underwrote small, medium and large ticket transactions.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours to meet customer and co-workers needs.
Cons
Distinct business units.
I enjoyed the work at Genie, when they had work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 24, 2016
After 2 1/2 years at Genie it became clear to me that the only people who work there that have job security are employees with many years with the company. Everyone else is considered expendable and replaceable.
Pros
Good money, decent benefits
Cons
virtually no job security
Enjoying my time but ready for new challenge
Material's Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DungannonDecember 10, 2015
Learned how to lead a team, how to manage my time and how to work well under pressure with a busy schedule. I completed a supervisor for success course , which helped me a lot, and improved my management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things each day
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Limited oppurtunity to progress Career
A fast paced work environment, with new challenges.
Fluid Power Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 30, 2015
A very large and well structured company, with reliable schedules and fast paced deadlines. The work was challenging, but well worth the occasional frustrations. The satisfaction of creating something as massive as a utility truck from the frame up is hard to beat. The benefits were second to none, with compensation being more than adequate.
Enjoyable Company to Work For
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 28, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for. Benefits are good compared to past employers. Shop has a good atmosphere. Hours are reasonable.
Okay company to work for with great benifits
Crane Service Technician (Current Employee) –  USAugust 19, 2015
Over all i would have to say this company is a good opportunity for anyone looking for a foot in the crane business. Benefits include a company take home vehicle and and the Medical is not too bad. The work area leaves much to be desired as it is very unorganized and not what you would expect from a fortune 500 company.
Pros
Free meals, company vehicle (take home), tool allowance
Cons
Low Hours, Unorganized, shop leaves much to be desired.
Good workplace with decent understanding people
Welder (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 10, 2016
My typical day at work would be come in and weld the inside of the entire overhead crane.
I learned how to flux cor weld and mig weld. always had the basic concept of welding down but learned a lot about it and got my certifications here.
Management and co-workers there were understanding and very nice to work with.
Hardest part of my job is when i would have a skinny overhead crane that i had to weld out and the bottom welds were ones i couldn't see so i was welding blindfolded basically.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was actually welding, making things for the job and watching things take shape.
Enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 7, 2016
I wasn't always working my job position that was broken up with frequent covering for others; taught myself Microsoft since that was the up-and-coming software of the future at the time and I wanted to keep up with the trend; co-workers could be a little overbearing; the hardest part of the job was finding the time needed to do my assigned position; the most enjoyable part of the job was it was in an area I could leave the building for lunch occasionally for a change of environment.
Pros
Situated in an area where I could leave the building for lunch or whatever.
Cons
Could be a strict working environment
Terex is good company to work for but could use better management.
Crane / Industrial Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 16, 2015
Perform maintenance of cranes and industrial maintenance.
Electrical skills, and AC/DC
Management could use improvement.
Good people to work with.
Long Hours
Good Benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours an dirty enviroment
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 12, 2016
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Pros
Great culture, decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Terex
Supply Management, Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoy working for Terex Cranes in Waverly, this career field is exactly what I have been look for but at this time the position is only a contract position so there are no benefits. I am sure sometime in the future I may have the chance to go full-time but it may be a long wait.
Productive and fun great working environment
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Charoltte NCApril 28, 2015
Now; This job was a great advancement but do to certain school opportunities I had to leave which is ok. Working for Terex gave me a hands on learning experience of how a proper factory or distribution plant should be ran.it was excellent sometimes just because of the leadership we had over us but overall it was a very great learning experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for a life time job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
People could work fatser and easier by working togther.
Very Positive and Upbeat Management
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2016
As an engineer, there is always room to learn from productivity to creativity. Terex had offered an exceptional learning tools to all of its engineers whether it is in-house training or outsourced which leads to an endless possibilities for innovations.

I've really enjoyed my challenging time there at Terex.
Pros
Continuously improvement from top down.
Cons
Cyclical market demand often lead to substantial workforce reductions
Run Lean
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 31, 2016
The people at Terex are wonderful, and you will find good mentors. In recent years the company has been run so Lean that the work/ life is skewed and I saw many individuals not getting to spend time with their families. Because they pay in the median range, there started to be increased turn-over.
Pros
The caliber of people
Cons
Too Lean
Good Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 26, 2015
Good Company to work for. Nice people, good benefits. Hard part of the job is that the department was moving out of state.
Good people to work with
LeaderShip Position (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Typical day is busy scheduling production for team members. I've learned Lean manufacturing and processes. Working with others. Good people everyone gets along like family. We have team members fun day which is also fun.
Pros
4 10hr days/3 day weekend, good on PTO time, good on keeping up with training certifications
Cons
problem with keeping all machines running and rescheduling production around the issue
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 22, 2016
The people I worked with were amazing, the management team was something to be desired. The management and the workers were very divided and could never seem to see eye to eye. This made the work atmosphere very difficult at times.
Manufacturing Company
Global Infrastructure Operations & Support (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMarch 15, 2016
Great co-workers. Terex has always been behind technology wise, but are moving forward at least with trying new things.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 20, 2016
This was a temp position. They trained me very little. Gave me very little feed back. Supervision , inappropriate and not well managed. I loved what I did , but not who worked for.
Payroll Administrator II (Current Employee) –  White House, TNApril 27, 2016
A very productive in balance place to work with wonderful people. Great area and have learned more than I could have imagined in such a small city.