Terex Employee Reviews

Construction related equipment manufacturer
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
Global manufacturer of construction, aerial work platform, port solutions, material processing and cranes. Dedicated, professional team focused on efficiencies, process improvement, customer care and return on invested capital.

Genie and Terex team members make the Company unique, all are focused on doing the best job possible in an environment where daily challenges to deliverability, quality, safety, competition, costs have to be analyzed, managed and addressed.

A typical day in credit and collections as well as equipment financing involved managing a high volume flow of business and demands of customers, sales leaders and dealers, but doing so within the constraints of existing policies and procedures so as to achieve desired results. We underwrote small, medium and large ticket transactions.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible hours to meet customer and co-workers needs.
Cons
Distinct business units.
I enjoyed the work at Genie, when they had work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 24, 2016
After 2 1/2 years at Genie it became clear to me that the only people who work there that have job security are employees with many years with the company. Everyone else is considered expendable and replaceable.
Pros
Good money, decent benefits
Cons
virtually no job security
Enjoying my time but ready for new challenge
Material's Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DungannonDecember 10, 2015
Learned how to lead a team, how to manage my time and how to work well under pressure with a busy schedule. I completed a supervisor for success course , which helped me a lot, and improved my management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things each day
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Limited oppurtunity to progress Career
good work/life balance and culture, but early start time is not for everyone
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2016
Good work/life balance (almost never took work home with me and rarely worked overtime). As a manufacturing engineer, I had a lot of freedom to choose my own projects (with management input), set my own deadlines, and get my work done without union restrictions or a ton of red tape. I could go into a workshop area and quickly make my own prototypes (if I didn't want to wait for a resource welder or machinist) by machining, welding, or making it out of wood. Laid back culture.
Pros
work-life balance, freedom to work on projects, no union restrictions
Cons
salary could be higher, early start time
Welder (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 7, 2016
Work days start at 5am and we leave at 3:30pm working overtime when necessary. Most weeks we work Monday-Thursday unless behind on units.

I have learned a lot about becoming a better welder, they have a great team willing to train and show you new skills.

Management is always willing to listen but isn't the type to breathe down a neck.

Team is a group of great guys.

Hardest part of my job is just the commute.

Most enjoyable part of working for this company is the fact that this particular group of guys is able to have a great time, joke and get the job done. Everyone is willing to help another out so we don't fall behind.
A fast paced work environment, with new challenges.
Fluid Power Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDOctober 30, 2015
A very large and well structured company, with reliable schedules and fast paced deadlines. The work was challenging, but well worth the occasional frustrations. The satisfaction of creating something as massive as a utility truck from the frame up is hard to beat. The benefits were second to none, with compensation being more than adequate.
Enjoyable Company to Work For
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 28, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for. Benefits are good compared to past employers. Shop has a good atmosphere. Hours are reasonable.
Enjoyed working with the majority of my co-workers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 7, 2016
I wasn't always working my job position that was broken up with frequent covering for others; taught myself Microsoft since that was the up-and-coming software of the future at the time and I wanted to keep up with the trend; co-workers could be a little overbearing; the hardest part of the job was finding the time needed to do my assigned position; the most enjoyable part of the job was it was in an area I could leave the building for lunch occasionally for a change of environment.
Pros
Situated in an area where I could leave the building for lunch or whatever.
Cons
Could be a strict working environment
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  DungannonAugust 17, 2016
This company don't care about their workers. It's production at whatever cost. No care for the health and safety of their employees nor for the mental welfare of the workers. The whole factory constantly has low moral amongst the workforce and this is further antagonised by the fact that the Human Resources department is that one sided that the workforce are alienated from it. It's happy to cover up and brush issues under the carpet, it's managed badly and I'd go so far as to say corrupt to the core! I wouldn't want anyone to take a job in it unless they want to end up with mental health issues. The management couldn't care less about the little people on the shop floor. Until there is a complete overhaul of management, supervisors and human resources they will continue to run a factory riddled with bullying and victimisation of employees. There is absaloutely no worker incentive ,no time keeping bonus or no production bonus. Regardless of who you are or what you give to the company you'll easily be replaced. Avoid at all cost would be the best advice I could give.
Pros
The road home!
Cons
Bad relations between management and shop floor workers
Good workplace with decent understanding people
Welder (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 10, 2016
My typical day at work would be come in and weld the inside of the entire overhead crane.
I learned how to flux cor weld and mig weld. always had the basic concept of welding down but learned a lot about it and got my certifications here.
Management and co-workers there were understanding and very nice to work with.
Hardest part of my job is when i would have a skinny overhead crane that i had to weld out and the bottom welds were ones i couldn't see so i was welding blindfolded basically.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was actually welding, making things for the job and watching things take shape.
Okay company to work for with great benifits
Crane Service Technician (Current Employee) –  USAugust 19, 2015
Over all i would have to say this company is a good opportunity for anyone looking for a foot in the crane business. Benefits include a company take home vehicle and and the Medical is not too bad. The work area leaves much to be desired as it is very unorganized and not what you would expect from a fortune 500 company.
Pros
Free meals, company vehicle (take home), tool allowance
Cons
Low Hours, Unorganized, shop leaves much to be desired.
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 12, 2016
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Pros
Great culture, decent pay
Cons
Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Challenging environment where change was not embraced
Vice President of Sales, NA (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IASeptember 15, 2016
I worked with the Sales Team at Terex Cranes. I learned that change is hard to implement when you work with a team of very seasoned employees who are happy doing things the way that they've always done them.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Averse to outsiders
Terex is good company to work for but could use better management.
Crane / Industrial Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 16, 2015
Perform maintenance of cranes and industrial maintenance.
Electrical skills, and AC/DC
Management could use improvement.
Good people to work with.
Long Hours
Good Benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours an dirty enviroment
A fast paced, results driven construction company
ENGINEERING CHANGE COORDINATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  CoventrySeptember 20, 2016
A fast paced, friendly working environment within a company that strives for continuous improvement, putting the customer's needs first. Workload is high, which is both challenging and rewarding.
for all the hard work involver , they should really pay emolyees higher wages.
INSTALLATIONS MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 12, 2016
It was formally known as dueco and then sold to Terex. It use to have a family feel to it and then everything started changing. wages should be higher for the constent difficult work employees do,
Productive and fun great working environment
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Charoltte NCApril 28, 2015
Now; This job was a great advancement but do to certain school opportunities I had to leave which is ok. Working for Terex gave me a hands on learning experience of how a proper factory or distribution plant should be ran.it was excellent sometimes just because of the leadership we had over us but overall it was a very great learning experience that I would recommend to anyone looking for a life time job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
People could work fatser and easier by working togther.
Very Positive and Upbeat Management
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2016
As an engineer, there is always room to learn from productivity to creativity. Terex had offered an exceptional learning tools to all of its engineers whether it is in-house training or outsourced which leads to an endless possibilities for innovations.

I've really enjoyed my challenging time there at Terex.
Pros
Continuously improvement from top down.
Cons
Cyclical market demand often lead to substantial workforce reductions
Great people and learning opportunities
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 18, 2016
Service Technician (Jan 2015)
• Mechanically service aerial lift truck and track units
• Diagnose and troubleshoot issues
Installation Technician
• Assembled aerial lift trucks and track units
Terex
Supply Management, Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJuly 12, 2015
I really enjoy working for Terex Cranes in Waverly, this career field is exactly what I have been look for but at this time the position is only a contract position so there are no benefits. I am sure sometime in the future I may have the chance to go full-time but it may be a long wait.