Terex Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production Control Specialist (Former Employee), Waverly, IAApril 22, 2016
The people I worked with were amazing, the management team was something to be desired. The management and the workers were very divided and could never seem to see eye to eye. This made the work atmosphere very difficult at times.
Decent pay, great culture
CNC Operator/Production/Resource/Back up Team Lead (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 12, 2016
Pros: Great culture, decent pay
Cons: Hard to advance, common layoffs, pay is not great
Genie can be stressful and hard work, but the pay is decent. Construction directly affects our business so layoffs are a regular occurrence.Depending on who your direct bosses are advancement can be difficult. The culture of the team is amazing. Almost everyone is ready and willing to lend a hand if needed. If extra training or advice is needed to effectively perform your job, the other team members a there to help.
Run Lean
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 31, 2016
Pros: The caliber of people
Cons: Too Lean
The people at Terex are wonderful, and you will find good mentors. In recent years the company has been run so Lean that the work/ life is skewed and I saw many individuals not getting to spend time with their families. Because they pay in the median range, there started to be increased turn-over.
Construction related equipment manufacturer
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Good benefits, flexible hours to meet customer and co-workers needs.
Cons: Distinct business units.
Global manufacturer of construction, aerial work platform, port solutions, material processing and cranes. Dedicated, professional team focused on efficiencies, process improvement, customer care and return on invested capital.

Genie and Terex team members make the Company unique, all are focused on doing the best job possible in an environment where daily challenges to deliverability, quality, safety, competition, costs have to be analyzed, managed and addressed.

A typical day in credit and collections as well as equipment financing involved managing a high volume flow of business and demands of customers, sales leaders and dealers, but doing so within the constraints of existing policies and procedures so as to achieve desired results. We underwrote small, medium and large ticket transactions.
Very Positive and Upbeat Management
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Continuously improvement from top down.
Cons: Cyclical market demand often lead to substantial workforce reductions
As an engineer, there is always room to learn from productivity to creativity. Terex had offered an exceptional learning tools to all of its engineers whether it is in-house training or outsourced which leads to an endless possibilities for innovations.

I've really enjoyed my challenging time there at Terex.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waverly, IAMarch 20, 2016
This was a temp position. They trained me very little. Gave me very little feed back. Supervision , inappropriate and not well managed. I loved what I did , but not who worked for.
Manufacturing Company
Global Infrastructure Operations & Support (Current Employee), Westport, CTMarch 15, 2016
Great co-workers. Terex has always been behind technology wise, but are moving forward at least with trying new things.
Good workplace with decent understanding people
Welder (Current Employee), Solon, OHMarch 10, 2016
My typical day at work would be come in and weld the inside of the entire overhead crane.
I learned how to flux cor weld and mig weld. always had the basic concept of welding down but learned a lot about it and got my certifications here.
Management and co-workers there were understanding and very nice to work with.
Hardest part of my job is when i would have a skinny overhead crane that i had to weld out and the bottom welds were ones i couldn't see so i was welding blindfolded basically.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was actually welding, making things for the job and watching things take shape.
A job
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Showed up to work everyday on time. Worked on heavy lift equipment and other machines. Learned a lot from the experience.
Good people to work with
LeaderShip Position (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: 4 10hr days/3 day weekend, good on PTO time, good on keeping up with training certifications
Cons: problem with keeping all machines running and rescheduling production around the issue
Typical day is busy scheduling production for team members. I've learned Lean manufacturing and processes. Working with others. Good people everyone gets along like family. We have team members fun day which is also fun.
I enjoyed the work at Genie, when they had work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Good money, decent benefits
Cons: virtually no job security
After 2 1/2 years at Genie it became clear to me that the only people who work there that have job security are employees with many years with the company. Everyone else is considered expendable and replaceable.
this place was a good job.
Assembler (Former Employee), Watertown, SDJanuary 7, 2016
go there in morning and exercise a little and help put large arail boom lift together that go on light trucks. i put on covers and hook up hydraulic lines together and wire a little and put decals on. i help build cat racks that go inside the machine itself. the rollers. people there was good to work with.
Enjoyable Company to Work For
Service Technician (Current Employee), OhioDecember 28, 2015
Enjoyable company to work for. Benefits are good compared to past employers. Shop has a good atmosphere. Hours are reasonable.
I personally can't tell you the worst thing because up to this po
District Sales Representative (Former Employee), Waverly, IADecember 25, 2015
The US Army for me has been very flexible with Paid Time Off, but vacation time must be submitted 15 to 30 days in advance prior to your request...”
Enjoying my time but ready for new challenge
Material's Supervisor (Former Employee), DungannonDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Limited oppurtunity to progress Career
Learned how to lead a team, how to manage my time and how to work well under pressure with a busy schedule. I completed a supervisor for success course , which helped me a lot, and improved my management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things each day
Easy place to work
Contract Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Waverly, IADecember 3, 2015
assisted students with their financial aid needs to begin or continue their education journey. I learned that detail orientation is very important with federal documents
A fast paced work environment, with new challenges.
Fluid Power Technician (Former Employee), Watertown, SDOctober 30, 2015
A very large and well structured company, with reliable schedules and fast paced deadlines. The work was challenging, but well worth the occasional frustrations. The satisfaction of creating something as massive as a utility truck from the frame up is hard to beat. The benefits were second to none, with compensation being more than adequate.
Good Plant
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Waverly, IAOctober 1, 2015
Good plant, good company, good people. I truly enjoyed my time with this company, but I got a better opportunity with another company so I had to go.
productive
Welder (Current Employee), Redmond, WASeptember 24, 2015
good environment, fun people to work with, sometimes the job varies and new parts need to be weld
good leadership and always opportunities to better your self
Production of machines in a time frequency
Operator (Current Employee), Coventry, ENGAugust 21, 2015
A typical day at work would include attention to detail and being on time with the delivery of the build
We have learnt that engineering can be very precise and consistent
There is very little problem with managment they tend to let us get on with the job in hand
Our co-workers are great support
The hardest part of the job is when occassionally something doesnt fit correctly this can impact on the time frequncy
Because we work very hard I tend to enjoy having a laugh and giggle with my team mates
Headquarters