Terex

Terex Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day at work at terex
SOX Auditor (Current Employee), sherman txDecember 7, 2014
Pros: 40 hour work week
Cons: air conditioner goes out every summer but everyone still expected to work
A typical day at work is doing various testing for SOX purposes. Whether that's obtaining payroll reports for proper authorization for changes or a report showing fixed assets showing properly authorized writeoffs. Many things can be improved such as the process for new items, current processes, etc.
Manufacturing Company
Consultant (Former Employee), Hosur, TNDecember 6, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
1. Implementation issues
2. Supporting Management
3. Multinational Company
4. Exposure of working with skilled & qualified people.
Local and friendly place to work
Paint Sprayer (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGDecember 1, 2014
Pros: local area
Cons: no permanent contracts
I enjoyed my time at Terex as I feel that I had a good relationship with both colleagues and management alike. I feel that my skills have improved as I have learnt different techniques which I am able to take with me to my next employment. I feel that these techniques have helped me improve my skills and abilities to do my job.

I feel that I had a – more... good relationship with my work colleagues and team leaders. – less
Cool place to work
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2014
It was cool because the hours were 11am - 7pm which worked around my schedule, weekends off, good pay, and the co-workers were great in assisting with projects/tasks.
Fun place to work at!!
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Southaven, MSNovember 10, 2014
Enjoyed Learning the Regulations about Forklift Safety. All Around Nice people and Management
best job i have ever had
Buyer/Expediter (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 3, 2014
great place to work, great people, to bad cedar rapids couldnt keep them here. plant closed
Fast paced and very enjoyable
Sales Order Manager (Former Employee), Waverly, IAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: learned various types of equipment, and their capabilities.
Cons: having to leave the company because of the recession
Working with my dealer network both domestically and internationally as well as the internal staff, I learned to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
Fast Pace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Waverly, IAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It is a fast pace working environment with excellent benefits.
Lean Manufacturing Leader
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 14, 2014
I learned a lot about lean manufacturing, the Toyota Production System. Developed and integrated a new manufacturing process into a current production line to make it a mix model line. I enjoyed the time that I was there and everything I learned.
I enjoyed working for Terex.
Fabrication Team Lead (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed working for Terex and did many fulfilling tasks. It was great. I liked it. It was terrific.
Fun learning experience
Work experiencee (Former Employee), Omagh, NISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Engineering experiencee
Exploring the manufacturing process for Mobile Processing Equipment.
Using Pro-Eng to design component parts typical of the machinery manufactured there.Reviewing technical
drawings.
Organising financial information using Excel spreadsheets.
Great People to work with
Buyer (Former Employee), Southaven, MSSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management
No managerial support, at any level
No support of ideas
Great 401k
Great health insurance
Great Co-workers
Excellent Company to Work For in Interesting Markets
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Westport, CTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: interesting products and markets
Cons: company could use stronger middle management
I was brought in to turn around a core market that was unfortunately being neglected and had dwindled to almost zero percent new sales as a result. I built credibility with key target account executives and started earning their trust and business. Within 3 years we won 75% market share with the core product at target national accounts. It took a team – more... effort and a new focus on customer service and support. It was rewarding to improve the company's reputation and earn repeat sales as a result of individual and team efforts. The most challenging part of the job was working to keep the new branch company management focused on the customer needs. Product and aftermarket service parts availability during factory consolidation efforts hurt the company but Terex is a great company and will continue to improve as they integrate companies into new divisions. – less
typical manufacturing enviorment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Huron, SDAugust 6, 2014
defintly a lot of hours during the summer. its a tough job but the pay is outstanding.
Good Enviorionment to work
Business Unit Controller (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good folks to work with in a manufacturing environment
Cons: turnover of upper management causes some confusion
Great people to work with. Although there have been some cutbacks due reorganization and realignment of production, the location has survived.
Good Ol' Boy mentality
Current Employee (Current Employee), Moses LakeJune 21, 2014
Pros: compensation.
Cons: hr--do not trust them they gossip, leadership, work life balance, no creativity, micro management
Other than the compensation and benefits, if you are not golfing with the Plant Director you can count yourself out of any promotional opportunity. The HR Manager there is a complete waste of space. HR is never available to assist employees and help develop them. They are more interested in traveling in their flock of 6 and gossip about people. Managers – more... there micormanage everything you do and do not foster an innovative culture. Corporate needs to come in and talk to employees to get the real life persective of how things are Managed and make some serious leadership changes. Employees are miserable, but because the job market in Moses Lake is not that great, are forced to stay in order to provide for their families. Corporate needs to do a better job looking into the way employees are treated and how they are throwing money away by paying Managers that are not Leading. They are paying 6 HR employees to flock together and be completely unavailable. Do not work here. There are other plants coming into Moses Lake. Consider those before working there. – less
I learned more at this job than any other job I ever worked at
Mobile fluid power technician (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2014
the working conditions are less than desireable but the knowlage gained it well worth it. if you are willing to learn you can learn it here
Great people!!
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2014
Great people but unfortunately I was part of a 40% workforce reduction!!
JUNIER ENGINEER-II
JUNIER ENGINEER-II (Former Employee), INDIAApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches medical transport
Cons: 8 hrs
Able to prepare the operation standards
 Achieve the Product quality and targeted volume on the period.
 Achieve daily production targets though PQCD methods & Eliminating the NVA activities.
 Building the skill sets of shop personnel (Team members) in Production
 Ensuring the safety of the team members while working
 Developing Poka – Yoke to – more... reduce the rework in production line & there by taking corrective action with team members
 Implementing 5S’ activity
 Implementing KAIZEN activity
 Implementing KANBAN activity
 Working towards Zero BAD – less
Great people, diverse global business, inspirational CEO
Corporate Vice President IT (Former Employee), Westport, CTMarch 28, 2014
Transformational project in a growth oriented global business.

Very approachable, hands on senior executive team.

Passion for customer value proposition.

Appropriately reduced variations in operating methods at 25 acquired companies, working across business segments and international boundaries.

1 2 3 4 5

About Terex

Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing – Read more