Teranga Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company formed in 2010 to acquire the Sabodala gold mine and a large regional exploration land package located in Senegal, West Africa. Our vision is to become a preeminent gold producer in West Africa while setting the benchmark for responsible mining. Our team has extensive experience in exploring, developing and operating successful gold mines globally. We have a total of 900 employees, most work on site in Africa with the remainder working out of our Corporate Office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You can learn more about us at www.terangagold.com
Integrity * Care
Our Promise to You
Teranga Gold offers a competitive remuneration package, including excellent medical and dental benefits and insurance for employees and their dependents. Teranga Gold also provides excellent on-site accommodations and amenities including meals and laundry services, single accommodation quads with en-suite facilities, tennis courts, a fitness centre, a grass soccer pitch, basketball courts, internet access and satellite television, as well as a convenience store.
You will be part of a team with fellow Mining Engineers, Geologists, Surveyors and Production personnel to ensure production target/budgets are achieved.
Planning, scheduling and tracking of all mining activities;
- Preparation and distribution of budgets, forecasts and plans;
- Collection of relevant data; interpretation and analysis of the data and management of data quality;
- Strong input to data interpretation for mine planning and scheduling and operational decision making;
- Interdepartmental liaison; periodical reporting;
- Contribute to the delivery of business outcomes by ensuring the timely distribution of accurate information to enable management decision making;
- To monitor fragmentation and production performance, with a view to constant improvement in both quality and costs;
- Fortnightly production schedules on a rolling weekly basis to meet production budget;
- Drill & Blast designs and ensure their implementation;
- To achieve the above objectives with due consideration to safety, the environment, statutory obligations and the efficient management of the company’s assets and human resources;
- Production of all weekly, monthly and yearly reports;
- Compilation of all mining data for budgeting purposes;
- Generation and review of current and future pit designs, waste dumps, haul roads and any other mining infrastructure.
- Engineering degree
- More than five (5) years of experience in mining
- Good working knowledge of mining activities and operations
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite, CAD software, mining software including Vulcan etc.
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak and write in English. French is a strong preference.
- Ability to liaise and promote liaison between maintenance, mining and contracting personnel
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with, coaching and mentoring employees with diverse backgrounds
- Maintenance of safe working environment practices
Indeed - 22 months ago
Teranga Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company formed in 2010 to acquire the Sabodala gold mine and a large...