Pros: free soda
• Experience with different system nodes (Teradata 5400, 5500, Intel Romely servers & Dell PowerEdge 2800, 2900 R710 and R720).
• Replace CPU’s, RAM, motherboards, power supplies, infiniband network cards and hard drives from server systems.
• Assist with installation of new clients and build Cisco (FEX) Fabric Extender Technology racks.
• Set up IP addresses and remove protocols from the network using Bluecat Software.
• Disassemble of computer equipment for recycle including power disconnection, un-cabling, DNS configuration, un-racking and tag removal.
• Participate in ESP ticketing system and actively contribute maintaining accurate/current system records.
• Effectively work through the ticket queue while tracking tasks and proactively identifying improvements.
• Disassembly/ reconfiguration of system nodes as required for reuse or lab rearrangement including power connection, network cabling and network configuration in DNS.
• Perform computer work including UPS battery replacement, battery testing, UPS control module replacement, hard drive testing and cable labeling.
• Un-box and shelve received equipment, and generally keeping labs free of used parts
• Move of lab equipment within a campus of multiple data centers