Tenneco

Tenneco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Solid Company
Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Seward NEApril 29, 2015
Good Company to work for balance home and work they are solid in the fundamentals and support their people without question
Slave Ship
Machine operator (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAApril 15, 2015
Tenneco is a slave driven workplace. I would not recommend anyone to work there unless you need to work for a few months just to get you money up. Money can be made, but they also don't care about your life outside of work. All they care about is shocks being shipped out.
Amazingly safe place to work
Hourly Supervisor (Current Employee), Litchfield, MIApril 1, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, employee positivity
My typical day includes daily start up of shift production, ensuring that co-workers are maintaining hourly rate for daily goals.
Has potential to be a good place to work
Journeyman Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee), Litchfield, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management is out of touch
What once was a good place to work came out of the financial down turn in '09 doing well because of the cuts and sacrifices that were made,but when times started to improve the mindset never changed. Machines will run for awhile with no preventative maintenance,but after so long the little things that don't get taken care of or just patched together and never fixed properly turn into big expensive fixes. Management still want production,but doesn't want to spend any money to maintain the machinery. Eventually it creates a bad work enviroment.
Great place to work! My combined service is over 13 years. I am interested in relocating back to Florida for family reasons.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VaMarch 14, 2015
Manage all aspects of facilities, equipment and tool and technicians in the manufacturing of exhaust systems. I enjoy working with all levels of internal and external customers.

I enjoy the daily challenges of project management, equipment reliability and working with engineering on process improvements.
the work was easy and constant
Injection Molder Operator (Former Employee), Angola, INMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work would keep us constantly working for the start of the shift until the end of the shift. It was a good working environment.
Probably the worst place in smithville to work.
welder (Current Employee), Smithville TNFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: it pays the bills that's all.
Cons: everything in the review.
First off the management seems to think that the employees do not know anything that when it comes to having any type of common sense they know it all and we know nothing. Second they will tell you one thing and do something else. Third they expect you to have no life outside this place I'm not complaining about the hours but they need three shifts and want it all done in one most lines here only run with minimal staff and one shift. I would advise anyone to stay away from this place if you want any type of life. They talk about competitive pay saying they pay better than other factoires around smithville TN that's a load of bull. Do your research on that. Moving up in the company is ok if you have worked here for 10-12 years then you might advance but other than that no.
OK PLACE TO WORK
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Seward, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: wages and benefits were good
Cons: only one 20 min. break in 8 hrs.-layoffs
LEARNED TO DO VARIOUS FUNCTIONS TO KEEP THINGS INTERESTING,MY COWORKERS WERE VERY HELPFUL TRAINING FOR DIFFERENT POSITIONS I WAS PUT AT
Tenneco
Maintenance (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: seven days a week, no time spent with loved ones
Typical day at work would include working on machines that were fixed the night before but something ended up happening and have to fix them AGAIN
Physically demanding but well worth it
Product Expediter (Former Employee), Paragould, ARJanuary 19, 2015
The work was not easy and it was rather physically demanding. I was responsible for repackaging shocks and struts to ready them for delivery, and unpacking and prepping delivered goods for storage in the Distribution Center. The co-workers were enjoyable and the management was great. Overall it is a good place to work but it can be physically tiresome.
work for your pay
packer (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at Tenneco is long and hard work. I learned how to sound proof shocks .management was okay. My co-workers was very helpful when you need help. The hardest part was my body had to get used to working and standing for long hours/ most enjoyable was hoe good my pay check looked.
Very close and personal atmosphere
Welder (Former Employee), Marshall, MIJanuary 10, 2015
Weld quality exhaust at production rate. Run cnc and robotic welders.
Tenneco/El Paso was a delight to for for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Tenneco/El Paso gave each employee the opportunity to grow. I had the privilege to work with all levels of management and I loved my job. My supervisors gave me the opportunity to always grow and that is so important when you have been with a company for 26 years.

I opted for a package when El Paso was bought by Kinder Morgan.
harsh work environment with poor management
WELDER (Former Employee), marshall michiganOctober 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime, poor management
a typical day required i show up 10minutes early on average to begin prepping the cell for the day ahead. hours fluctuated, anywhere from an 8 - 12hour shift and overtime was mandatory without question.
i learned welding, i learned on the job and was paid during training. though i was told there would be a certificate of accomplishment, none was presented, i simply was aloud to weld within the walls of tenneco despite passing the weld test with flying colors/
management was poor, nobody higher up was able to relate to the workers and in turn made highly frustrating decisions that only hindered our ability to work rather than help.
co workers were fun, and the only reason i stayed at the job for as long as i did. people working on the line for the most part were helpful, and good spirited.
the hardest part about the job was the job itself, the hours were long with very little break time. the heat was intense, and conditions were hazardous. weld fumes were poorly vented. and hourly rate was set to high in most areas,
the most enjoyable part of the job was friends i had made. i met a great deal of good people working on the line, some i still talk to today
A Day at Tenneco
Fulltime employee I (Current Employee), Kettering, OhioSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: a job to pay bills
Cons: managment need more trainging
You go in and sometimes you do know were you will be working at and if the machine go down you might get sent home losing your pay.
fast pace and competitive
Welder (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: company picnic and parties
Cons: the exposure to the outdoor elements
Everybody in my cell was able to challenge everybody to better their self and the company
welding
Welder (Former Employee), Marshall, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: just being being a part of the company and meeting new people
Cons: dealing with the smoke from the welder
A typical day on the job is welding mufflers. I learned new skills with different machines. The management was very polite. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the smoke from the welder.
Productive Workplace,but Terrible Management
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Kettering, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: cutting hours
I worked at Tenneco going almost a year now this has been a up and down experienced, because I went from 40-60 per hour a week to right now working under 40 hours.
Same company as NG.
Production Planner (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 31, 2014
NG, Tenneco & Sperry Marine different name same building. The work enviroment prior to beening "Work Force" reduced. I worked in assembly and engineering.
A typical work day, I would be handed a problem and told "to deal with It".
Productive fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Ligonier, INAugust 12, 2014
Learned how to drive a forklift, and inventory a warehouse.

1 2 3 4

About Tenneco

Tenneco Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells automotive emission control and ride control systems and products. – Read more

Tenneco Photos