Tenneco Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A Canadian subsiduary run blindly out of USA parent company
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: left alone to supervise department
Cons: No management oversight
Poorly managed company, run remotely out of USA. As a medium level employee, I was caught not having enough insight into management view of manufacturing floor performance. Too many people CYA mentality, and the lies that come with that.
Best career years of my life.
District Mgr (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Fun selling
Cons: Extensive travel
A typical day as a District Manager for Tenneco Automotive was always interesting and fun. I was given the ability to run the District as if it was my own company.

Training was second to none and part of our compensation to complete a training course yearly. From Xerox selling skill courses to Dale Carnage public speaking. Many many sales related courses too numerous to mention. I'm very thankful to Tenneco for having that opportunity in my life.

We always had budgets and a sales plans. My responsibility was to manage sales in my district by making sales calls and promoting Tenneco Marketing promotions to existing customers.
We had quarterly Regional meetings and yearly National meetings. Everyone was on the same page. My job involved extensive travel and aggressive cold calls. Probably the hardest part was traveling while I had a young family at home.
Management was always professional and first class. Co-workers were always the best and many I still associate with today.

The most enjoyable part of this job was landing the big deals and the rewards that followed.
Great Coop Opportunity
IT SUPPORT ADMIN (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Plenty of support, friendly people, good work ethics, decent wages
Cons: Lag in fixing repetitive problems for applications used daily.
Great atmosphere and a positive experience in a busy IT department that required a large knowledge base to perform a wide variety of tasks. Was the coop experience I was looking for in being exposed to a working active directory structure and learning the business expectations side of IT administration. Helpful corporate IT support assisted with more challenging incidents as well as a great supervisor who patiently shared his wealth of knowledge.
lots of perks
Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 22, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: very hot in the summer
great company to work for. not the cleanest place to work but, all in all, the work is decent. the is always overtime available to those who want it. lots of perks to rec club members
Great place to work!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: fair pay and benefits and great coworkers
Cons: the repetitiveness of the job
A typical day at work you show up on time get your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) from the locker. From there you're assigned to a machine for the day or in some departments they switch every 2 hours (after your breaks and lunch) A lot of the work there is done for you by the machines so it's just a matter of getting the part fitting snugly in the machine. It also helps once you understand how the machine works so you don't always have to call set up when the machine is down thus increasing your output.

They will train you on every job they put you on and there is quite a variety and it keeps the job fresh. The management is pretty humane when it comes to summer time heat, they will allow for extra breaks if it gets too hot.

Another nice part of the job is the overtime for which they pay you very fairly. All holidays are a potential opportunity to bring home a weeks pay in a few short days.

The people working there are are great, super easy to get along with.... as long as you're doing decent job and keeping up with the line.

The hardest part of the job would be the repetitiveness of it during that one single day but as I said you get put on different jobs each day some easier some harder when it comes to the weight of parts and ease of use of the machine.

Most enjoyable part is definitely the characters you'll meet, not sure how but almost everyone there has a great sense of humour!
Very nice place to work for
Maintenance Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONNovember 26, 2013
Learned a lot at Tenneco such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufactory.
They gave all the tool to advance
very dynamic enviroment
Plant Production Superintendent (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great management team
Cons: sometimes dealing with the union could turn ugly
fast pase
great training opportunities
friendly team
dedicated team work
Top qaulity provider
Chrome Plater (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONAugust 19, 2013
Pros: days off, pay, and co workers
Cons: 12hours can be long, and when machines run badly it is tiring.
General work hours are 12 hour continental nights.

A typical night is long but durable, working with both mono tube and strut rods alike.
Mainly a job of a chrome plater is to run the machine and know the proper skill set and procedures of how to start up and run the machine to the point to shutting down the machine only when necessary

The job requires attention to detail to watch for damaged rods or machine faults to prevent it from escalating and become worse.

I got along great with my co workers as well management found no faults in my habits.

The hardest part of the job would be probably just the 12 hours one must endure.
But when adjusted it becomes easier.

the most enjoyable would be the whole days off working 2 one week off 5 and then next week work 5 off two.

I learnt team work as well as independent worker.
How to operate machines and work in factory environments
both safely and effectively and how to spot danger when it arises.
As well as much more.
Inventory Management
Production Control Expeditor (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJuly 17, 2013
Monitor and Control negative inventory.

Production scheduling on certain working cells

Cycle Count of Finish Goods, WIP and raw materials.

Process manual purchasing transactions.

Master Planning Of Finish Goods.

Create KANBAN and educate workers about Kanban.

Create and control reports for High Volume raw material inventory
Very busy evironment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: got to be involved in some social activities, golf, xmas party, pinic
Cons: long hours every weekend
Trying make sure requirements were met on time.
This was my first supervisory position, so I got my start here with no training had to fly by the seat of my pants.
Management was pretty good supportive, i was the first team member taken from the shop floor inti the supervisor position.
The hardest part of the job was the transition from shop floor to supervisor. I lot of my co-workers viewed this as me turning on them by going into management.
There was no most enjoyable part.
Would recommend working for Tenneco, good strong products.
Materials Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: experience in building exhaust systems
Cons: focus on training is short, rely on experience of associates
Tenneco is a world class provider of automotive exhaust and ride control provider. The company has strong morel values with a focus on continouous imrovement starting from the CEO down. Increase drive in cost reduction and increase in productivity seem to fuel each plant individually.
Tenneco (Cambridge) tries to comply to these challenges, but not always with the support from other corporate disciplines/areas. Times are left to drive to their own faith or direction.
Complete change in current management structure has the plant developing new Team enviroment with the growing pains of each personalities. Power of the experience associates keeps the plant moving forward, with minumum supervision.
Hardest part of the job is challenges or opportunties are not always as achievable or attainable as presented. Support are not always capable of providing help as needed. Internal Team will always assist as requested.
Tenneco provides a great opportuntity to learn from both external customers as well the networking between plants. Associates are there to build a great product as well provide assistance to new employees.
Serious health & safety workplace no fooling around
Student Mig Welder / MFG Operator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 2, 2012
Pros: heat breaks when its hot are 30 mins, pay and benefits
Cons: fumes that you breathe in, your body can because very sore
I punch in then get straight to work in a piece work fast pace environment
I have different positions on a day to day bases, MFG machine operator such as change pipe sizes of exhaust tips, welding resonators to mufflers 360 weld, inspecting welds and air testing catalytic converters
co-workers would be very friendly and help me when i'm in need
they take health and safety precautions very seriously
hardest part of the job would be the physical part because your standing for 8-12 in 42 degrees of heat
High demand for quality and productivity, great pay and benefits, good buch of people
Robotic welding operator (Former Employee), Cambridge,ONMay 4, 2012
Pros: great pay, lots of overtime
I enjoyed every day I worked there, They are big on health and safety, and have great benifits .