Tenneco

Tenneco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
management was kinda a joke
Mig welder/Set up/ Machine op (Former Employee), Ligonier, INAugust 27, 2015
Pros: easy but fast paced work good pay
Cons: management and other issues
I was a welder and a set-up at Tenneco .....I have got down graded for listening to my manager of my department told me to do thing did them now when his boss asked why he wouldn't tell them it was his idea and I was listening to him instead he blamed me and now I have no job the work is overall vey easy to get down
Working as a team we are very productive and motivation from management.
Administrator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Only if we riches target for the month
Cons: Only if we are behind with our production
I loved Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flesh. Once i got my Mondays right, then the rest of the week will be easy for me. I never sound boring, I never give a description of my typical day as typical.
I learn to be detail oriented, even if that's not my normal mode of operation. Communicating with my colleagues or superior always make my next day easy.
To trust my co-workers production at the end of the day is always done.
As we were working as a team, if is there any delays then the final product takes time to be finalized.
Working alongside my colleagues who are fantastic and learning about new ideas.
make good money
Head Assembly (Current Employee), Hartwell, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: share money
Cons: work to hard, to hot. dont care about there employees
not a good work place to hard to move up to a higher paying job. it need to improve a lot on safety. need a lot of work in and outside of the plant.
Busy and standing all day
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Seward, NEJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Free Holiday Meals
Cons: Short Breaks, Dirty
A typical day at work requires standing all day.

What I learned alot working in the company is how to assemble muffler parts for cars. Understanding different types of people and Being patient.

The management is ok. It's not what i thought it would be but i learned from all of them.

I have experienced different types of co-workers, they are friendly, giving, patient, understanding, and helpful.

The harderst part of the job would be lifting parts that are heavy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is taking my break even though its a short time of break.
Fast pace, work 7 days a week.
Hourly Supervisor (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJuly 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Tenneco, it is a very fast paced work environment. There are many opportunities to advance and most anyone is willing to help you learn.My manager was very good at coaching me to be a very successful leader. I gained as well as gave a lot of respect from/to the employees that I supervised. If you are willing to work seven days a week in a fast paced environment that is hot/cold at times then this is the company for you.
Safe work envirionment
Machine Operator in the MHC/Control Arm Department (Current Employee), Napoleon, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, safety
Cons: hard for low seniority workers to advance
I ran various machines, so each day could be different.
I learned different ways of doing my job and problem solving techniques.
The management was fair to the employees.
My co-workers were friendly and safety conscious.
Productive and a great work place
Team leader on welding assembly line (Former Employee), hartwell gaJune 9, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Making sure the line have everything to start up for a day, keeping everyone pleased to be productive and safe while working.
Good Job with pay and hours
Welder (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: satisfactory clean and safe working area
Cons: inexperienced employers
This job had some good and bad. the site and management has a lot of potential. The only downfall is ever since management changed the process of upholding efficiency in work area also leadership has declined.
An easy going place to work
Welding Team Leader (Former Employee), Adelaide, SAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Management trusted the Team Leaders to do the best job possible and left us alone to do it.
Cons: Drop in work loads and shortage of materials to do the job.
Over the past couple of years the work culture has changed dramatically due to the announcement of the car companies closing, but before it was a happy place to work, the management were easy to work with and approach.
I was selected to learn business management, Cert 4 Engineering Cert 3 and also an electrical course,
The men I worked with were easy to get on with they knew their jobs and knew I was there to help out when necessary, I was a " hands on " Team leader and don't mind get my hands dirty.
Recently, because of the drop in morale, there were a lot of absences which meant we had to do the same job with less men or in- experienced men in my area
The most enjoyable part was the interaction and trust between me men and myself.
Solid Company
Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Seward NEApril 29, 2015
Good Company to work for balance home and work they are solid in the fundamentals and support their people without question
Slave Ship
Machine operator (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAApril 15, 2015
Tenneco is a slave driven workplace. I would not recommend anyone to work there unless you need to work for a few months just to get you money up. Money can be made, but they also don't care about your life outside of work. All they care about is shocks being shipped out.
Amazingly safe place to work
Hourly Supervisor (Current Employee), Litchfield, MIApril 1, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, employee positivity
My typical day includes daily start up of shift production, ensuring that co-workers are maintaining hourly rate for daily goals.
Has potential to be a good place to work
Journeyman Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee), Litchfield, MIMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management is out of touch
What once was a good place to work came out of the financial down turn in '09 doing well because of the cuts and sacrifices that were made,but when times started to improve the mindset never changed. Machines will run for awhile with no preventative maintenance,but after so long the little things that don't get taken care of or just patched together and never fixed properly turn into big expensive fixes. Management still want production,but doesn't want to spend any money to maintain the machinery. Eventually it creates a bad work enviroment.
Great place to work! My combined service is over 13 years. I am interested in relocating back to Florida for family reasons.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VaMarch 14, 2015
Manage all aspects of facilities, equipment and tool and technicians in the manufacturing of exhaust systems. I enjoy working with all levels of internal and external customers.

I enjoy the daily challenges of project management, equipment reliability and working with engineering on process improvements.
the work was easy and constant
Injection Molder Operator (Former Employee), Angola, INMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work would keep us constantly working for the start of the shift until the end of the shift. It was a good working environment.
Probably the worst place in smithville to work.
welder (Current Employee), Smithville TNFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: it pays the bills that's all.
Cons: everything in the review.
First off the management seems to think that the employees do not know anything that when it comes to having any type of common sense they know it all and we know nothing. Second they will tell you one thing and do something else. Third they expect you to have no life outside this place I'm not complaining about the hours but they need three shifts and want it all done in one most lines here only run with minimal staff and one shift. I would advise anyone to stay away from this place if you want any type of life. They talk about competitive pay saying they pay better than other factoires around smithville TN that's a load of bull. Do your research on that. Moving up in the company is ok if you have worked here for 10-12 years then you might advance but other than that no.
OK PLACE TO WORK
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Seward, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: wages and benefits were good
Cons: only one 20 min. break in 8 hrs.-layoffs
LEARNED TO DO VARIOUS FUNCTIONS TO KEEP THINGS INTERESTING,MY COWORKERS WERE VERY HELPFUL TRAINING FOR DIFFERENT POSITIONS I WAS PUT AT
Tenneco
Maintenance (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: seven days a week, no time spent with loved ones
Typical day at work would include working on machines that were fixed the night before but something ended up happening and have to fix them AGAIN
Physically demanding but well worth it
Product Expediter (Former Employee), Paragould, ARJanuary 19, 2015
The work was not easy and it was rather physically demanding. I was responsible for repackaging shocks and struts to ready them for delivery, and unpacking and prepping delivered goods for storage in the Distribution Center. The co-workers were enjoyable and the management was great. Overall it is a good place to work but it can be physically tiresome.
work for your pay
packer (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at Tenneco is long and hard work. I learned how to sound proof shocks .management was okay. My co-workers was very helpful when you need help. The hardest part was my body had to get used to working and standing for long hours/ most enjoyable was hoe good my pay check looked.

1 2 3 4

About Tenneco

Tenneco Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells automotive emission control and ride control systems and products. – Read more

Tenneco Photos