Tenneco

Tenneco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
OK PLACE TO WORK
OPERATOR (Former Employee), Seward, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: wages and benefits were good
Cons: only one 20 min. break in 8 hrs.-layoffs
LEARNED TO DO VARIOUS FUNCTIONS TO KEEP THINGS INTERESTING,MY COWORKERS WERE VERY HELPFUL TRAINING FOR DIFFERENT POSITIONS I WAS PUT AT
Tenneco
Maintenance (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: seven days a week, no time spent with loved ones
Typical day at work would include working on machines that were fixed the night before but something ended up happening and have to fix them AGAIN
Physically demanding but well worth it
Product Expediter (Former Employee), Paragould, ARJanuary 19, 2015
The work was not easy and it was rather physically demanding. I was responsible for repackaging shocks and struts to ready them for delivery, and unpacking and prepping delivered goods for storage in the Distribution Center. The co-workers were enjoyable and the management was great. Overall it is a good place to work but it can be physically tiresome.
work for your pay
packer (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at Tenneco is long and hard work. I learned how to sound proof shocks .management was okay. My co-workers was very helpful when you need help. The hardest part was my body had to get used to working and standing for long hours/ most enjoyable was hoe good my pay check looked.
Very close and personal atmosphere
Welder (Former Employee), Marshall, MIJanuary 10, 2015
Weld quality exhaust at production rate. Run cnc and robotic welders.
Tenneco/El Paso was a delight to for for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Tenneco/El Paso gave each employee the opportunity to grow. I had the privilege to work with all levels of management and I loved my job. My supervisors gave me the opportunity to always grow and that is so important when you have been with a company for 26 years.

I opted for a package when El Paso was bought by Kinder Morgan.
harsh work environment with poor management
WELDER (Former Employee), marshall michiganOctober 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, mandatory overtime, poor management
a typical day required i show up 10minutes early on average to begin prepping the cell for the day ahead. hours fluctuated, anywhere from an 8 - 12hour shift and overtime was mandatory without question.
i learned welding, i learned on the job and was paid during training. though i was told there would be a certificate of accomplishment, none was presented, i simply was aloud to weld within the walls of tenneco despite passing the weld test with flying colors/
management was poor, nobody higher up was able to relate to the workers and in turn made highly frustrating decisions that only hindered our ability to work rather than help.
co workers were fun, and the only reason i stayed at the job for as long as i did. people working on the line for the most part were helpful, and good spirited.
the hardest part about the job was the job itself, the hours were long with very little break time. the heat was intense, and conditions were hazardous. weld fumes were poorly vented. and hourly rate was set to high in most areas,
the most enjoyable part of the job was friends i had made. i met a great deal of good people working on the line, some i still talk to today
A Day at Tenneco
Fulltime employee I (Current Employee), Kettering, OhioSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: a job to pay bills
Cons: managment need more trainging
You go in and sometimes you do know were you will be working at and if the machine go down you might get sent home losing your pay.
fast pace and competitive
Welder (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: company picnic and parties
Cons: the exposure to the outdoor elements
Everybody in my cell was able to challenge everybody to better their self and the company
welding
Welder (Former Employee), Marshall, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: just being being a part of the company and meeting new people
Cons: dealing with the smoke from the welder
A typical day on the job is welding mufflers. I learned new skills with different machines. The management was very polite. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the smoke from the welder.
Productive Workplace,but Terrible Management
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Kettering, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: cutting hours
I worked at Tenneco going almost a year now this has been a up and down experienced, because I went from 40-60 per hour a week to right now working under 40 hours.
Same company as NG.
Production Planner (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAAugust 31, 2014
NG, Tenneco & Sperry Marine different name same building. The work enviroment prior to beening "Work Force" reduced. I worked in assembly and engineering.
A typical work day, I would be handed a problem and told "to deal with It".
Productive fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Ligonier, INAugust 12, 2014
Learned how to drive a forklift, and inventory a warehouse.
Fun workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Smithville, TNAugust 1, 2014
Pros: all of the breaks.
Cons: working 12 hours a night.
At Tenneco I would go into work and begin my night by starting up my machine making sure everything was running correctly. I learned how to operate a bender, cutter, sizer, and a grinder. I worked around a few people most of them I enjoyed working with. The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 12 hours straight. The best part was going home being able to relax.
worked overtime
certified setup (Former Employee), Marshall, MIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good vacation time
Cons: not consistant about policies
worked overtime by either coming in early or staying late
got along really well with most co-workers
trying to fix worn out machines
using my vacation time
did not see much of management
how to rebuild various machine
lame
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work hours work days conditions suck bad management
this job sucks they over work you and treat you horribly they work you every day and expect you to perform as if you have not been pushing your body to the max i hated this job only stayed to finish paying college
Very productive
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Hartwell, GAJune 13, 2014
the job is very productive but it also can be a fun place to work.my co workers are outstanding.you have to learn different aspects of the job.
easy work
Production Welder (Former Employee), Marshall, MIMay 14, 2014
Pros: easy work, fast paced
Cons: poor managment personnel they hold grudges and harrass the staff
work was easy straight 8 6-2 most of my co-workers where ok a lot of them were older easy to make friends but. I learned if management ask for your honest opinion don't give it! hardest part of job was being watched like a zoo animal. most enjoyable part was how easy and fast paced work was
Busy but rewarding
Material Handler (Current Employee), Litchfield, MIMay 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, overtime
Cons: shift availability, workload demands
Many opportunities for overtime. I worked over 900 hours in the first four and a half months of this year. Shift preference is dictated by employee status and seniority. All employees must enroll in a temp service before being officially hired. "Temp" status can be expected to last between nine months to a year. The pay is good. After 8 months on the job I make over $14/hour. I currently work third shift and i find it difficult to find time for much else besides work. Desire for personal financial security is what keeps me going back to work each day.
Production/Assembley
Sorter/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAMarch 7, 2014
Working on a tool related assembly line Sorting/ Inspecting parts Quality Assurance /Production operator Process and interrupt work orders to produce jobs correctly Maintain an organized and clean work environment Able to multi-task effectively and prioritize demanding workflow Effectively communicate with supervisors and employees Manage a fast paced, ever changing work environment daily Follow established procedures for achieving customer documents Was required to wear safety equipment.

1 2 3

About Tenneco

Tenneco Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells automotive emission control and ride control systems and products. – Read more

Tenneco Photos