Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Ok
Assembly , production (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI26 June 2017
Nice place to work but the morale is very low nobody follows work instructions so it's hard to work in a line when no one does what they're supposed to
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Too much drama
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN25 June 2017
I learned a lot working at Tennant. I would have to say this was one of my favorite places to work. Unfortunately I was laid off during one of their transitions.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Far from home
People
Plastic Finisher (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI2 June 2017
The people I work whit they are like family. Went I get to work is like my second home. I have work in this for more that 26 years because I really like the place.
Pros
People
Cons
Healthcare.
Good company with great people
Manufacturing Engineering Manager of Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
Fast pace environment with many new products in the pipeline. NPD was a large part of my job. Working closely in cross functional teams to ensure the best product launch. People from all areas of the company were excellent to work with.
Pros
Being part of a growing company with new innovations
Cons
Long work hours - short staffing
Good benefits and culture.
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Tennant. Leads and Supervisors were good, but compensation was low with extremely high production standards. If a better balance between the two could be found, it would be ideal.
Balanced work place
SAP Sr. IT Business Analyst - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
It is a balanced work place. Team work with spirit and supportive.There are projects continously going on. There are several responsibility to handle projects and production support.
Pros
Business units are very cooperative
Cons
continues projects with limited time lines
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN8 May 2017
really works great with familys and employees. answer calls, work emails, do service tickets for the techs. take parts orders. also a lot of training in other fields
Tennant review
Global Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN26 April 2017
Tennant Company was a great place to work, I will miss working there. Nice culture to work in. I enjoyed working with the people. Middle Managment was also great to work with.
Pros
Great hours, good benifits
Cons
Upper management comunications
OK place to work
Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 April 2017
Compensation: pay and benefits are competitive. Culture is changing - less loyalty to employees and more bottom line focused. Some areas better than others.
Ok place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI30 March 2017
There is room no for advancement opportunities or moving around the company unless you take pay cuts because of a bracketed pay scale they seem to have a quantity over quality mindset and then you seem to always be improving but it makes it harder to do your job
Pros
Pay is good for starting out
Cons
Health care is high deductable and exspensive, very hot environment, blanket style raise not just based on individual perfornance
Changing culture
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  PA20 March 2017
The company is phasing into a new culture of running the business. It is more data based than personal experiences and local involvement. The business is being driven more from the corporate level.
Review
Data Transfer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN17 March 2017
Great Experiences. Loved my job. . .
Good company to work for. Pretty flexible work hours, pretty flexible with their employees. Decent benefits and insurance.
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI15 March 2017
Tennant has a very good employee base, they also have a very various employees. The hardest part about working there is trying to take everything in depending on what department an individual is working in, some departments are harder than others. The department I work in is packaging, it's pretty good there the people I work with are nice. Tennant also has a good management, they will work with you if you work with them, so let's say if you work multiple jobs or if you are just really busy with like school, and tell them they will help you figure something out with your schedule. The most enjoyable part about my job would have to be the people I work with, they are fun, they are almost always cracking jokes, and almost always have smiles on their faces. I have learned a lot in my two years of working there, and it's not just work stuff it's little life things that some people don't understand or just don't know.
Pros
Can listen to music while working, people are nice they are always willing to help out
Cons
Short break, one break, can't leave for lunch
Easy production welding
Cell captain/Welder (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN14 March 2017
Easy work, but very bad supervisor, they always has their favorite people
In this company you don' t advanced, because you're good, you only get it because they like you.
Pros
Good hours and lots over time available
Cons
Management sucks
Great place to work.
Sr. Components Launch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN8 March 2017
Great teams. Light on process controls and experience but very spirited and accepting of direction. Excellent collaboration, and Management was decentralized very nicely. Lots of excellent, very talented people.
People were free to ideate and challenge status quo.
Pros
Free to innovate
Cons
fast times to market
Very Conservative company. Culture has changed over the past few years. A lot of turnover currently
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN22 February 2017
I have enjoyed my almost decade at Tennant. It is not a very social company. There are never any company wide activities. Very flexible with work schedules which was nice. Went through several bouts of layoffs which is never good for morale. I think management could be a lot more involved with their employees. Walk the plant floor etc. I enjoyed my job because I was trusted and didn't need a lot of guidance to be successful. Not a very fast pace Company. Enjoyed doing all of the domestic and International travel and liked planning events the most. Some parts were just repetitious tasks, but that is with any job.
Pros
Flexible on work schedules
Cons
Small amount of holidays, not very social
Working in team is very good experience
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN14 February 2017
I learned to find solutions easily for bugs and gained lot of confidence.Worked in agile environment and enjoyed working with a team.
Productive environment.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NE7 February 2017
As a world leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing cleaning machines and solutions that help to create a cleaner, safer world, we strive to make a positive impact on the environments where our products and solutions are used. Tennant Company is committed to providing a rewarding work environment where employees have tremendous opportunities to contribute their unique talents and skills to building an even stronger Tennant brand and culture.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel
Exciting growing company
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI21 December 2016
Tennant company manufactures floor scrubbers from industrial to office space environments. The company focus is to always engage the personnel and to hold continuous improvement projects regularly to increase productivity and reduce costs. The company treats the employees extremely good.
Pros
Free Luncheons
Cons
Breaks are quick, but the hours are great
Productive and fun place to work
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN6 November 2016
Productive and fun place to work.
Flexible hours and good management.
very informal.friendly coworkers and very helpful management.
Agile methodology and fast paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.