Tennant Company

Tennant Company Employee Reviews

DON'T EXPECT TO RETIRE HERE
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wis.April 23, 2013
not a bad place to work / salary good / heath insurance is one of the worst in industry / have seen MANY employees let go once they get into the 50's / no chance to retire here
Pros
salary
Cons
no job security / worst health insurance
Great place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 17, 2012
Great place with benefits and a tuition reimbursement program.Co-workers are a fun group. Typical management people. Constant influx of casual workers.
a very demanding company with little reward
Equipment Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 5, 2012
very demanding company with little or no reward for the people involved
a typical work day would be to travel to customer location repair equipment and then travel to next location adnd do the same

you needed to be self taught in most cases they did not like to share information with the employees

co workers did the same hardest part of job was to make management happy
most enjoyable part of job was to see the satisfaction of others when job was completed and the friends i made
Pros
a steady income
Cons
always changing, and micro managed
Good to exalent company to work for
FSR (Current Employee) –  MPLS territoryJanuary 23, 2014
A typicl day would involve schedualing your day with external customers, traveling to customer site for equuipment repairs and planned maintenance service. I have learned a great deal being responsable for my inventory and time and territory management. The hardest part of my was the day to day challenges of keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part was seeing and dealing with different customers and situations on a daily basis,
Pros
company vehical
Cons
cell phone and lap top
If you believe in integrity, stay away.
Parts changer (Former Employee) –  Central Tx.January 10, 2014
The work and the customers made this job very enjoyable. The management and supervision did not. When I started with this company I asked why they had such a high turn over rate? No worries, just bad people is what I was told. Must sell parts at all cost!! Even when the customer does not need them you are excepted to lie to them and make them purchase things they are not ready for or in need of. Most customers in the territory I covered recognized this and started either doing the repairs themselves or contracting it out to others that were HONEST. Micro managed to the max. You will be on your own but not allowed to think for yourself. "Big-brother" is always watching you. You will not be payed for the actual time you work but yet they want want you to charge the customer for that time. Please do not waste your time with these people. I am sure that all regions are not the same but ANYTHING IN Tx. Or La. Is overseen with little morals and no integrity. Customers are the livelihood of any businesses, and should be respected and not lied to achieve financial gains.
Pros
meeting and talking with different types of people.
Cons
lies and ethics of management and supervision.
chanllenging, fun, exciting and rewarding
West Coast Region Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CaliforniaJune 5, 2014
A typical day could consist of, working with a field tech on a technical problem. Or, it could be working with a rep on a customer issue and trying to find a solution. A typical day could include spending the day in the field traveling with the field rep advising and coaching him for improvement. A typical day could also include reviewing reports and speaking to the reps doing well and those needing some encouragement to improve.

Working at Tennant in the service operations enabled me to learn and be exposed to various operations of the business. From hiring, firing, managing budgets, managing personnel, working with sales and other groups in our organization. Developing programs for taking care of customers and special needs customers. Developing maintenance programs tailored to the customers needs as well.

Management tended to leave me along as I had my marching orders and knew what had to be done and did it.

The hardest part of the job was turning off the switch. Working from my home office was good and bad. The bad was turning off the switch.

The most enjoyable was working with my team. A great group of guys. It was also great to win a customer over that was unhappy about a situation.
Pros
variety of customer base and working in the field.
Cons
backordered parts holding up jobs.
Fast paced, growth orientated company
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2014
Tennant Company was a great place for me to work for 21 years.

I was able to grow professionally during my time there through expanding my management responsibilities.
very productive
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  MIN> MN>July 10, 2015
At TENNANT I was a repair tech and traveled through out the area repairing battery/electric powered floor scrubing and cleaning equipment.
Pros
learned a lot and was on the move.
Cons
NA
A Good Place To Work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 31, 2014
Tennant Company is a good place to work, however, there seems to be clashes of cultures yet to be worked on and found for any future international or global success in expansion of it's company.
dont do it
service rep (Former Employee) –  temple texasApril 21, 2013
worked there a while back as the central texas area rep. left a good job based on false promises, the district manager at the time was a holier than thou jerk...... make sure you have a backup plan
Pros
van and fuel, good company overall
Cons
local area management never on the same page
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2014
The guys you work with all great guys the management on the other aren't. They are the most shady people you will ever work for. No training no nothing. This job is a complete waste of time
Pros
pay
Cons
horrible management
Be careful while working with this company.
NDP Engineer (Former Employee) –  HollandJuly 7, 2012
I have seen people get fired for NO reason other than the market it too slow.
Pros
great pay and bennifets
Cons
always looking over your shoulder and backstabbing
Field Service like having your own business.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 18, 2015
A typical day in the Tennant Service Rep's life is a fast paced fluid situation. Some days you go by your planned activities, some are break downs and travel.
Fast paced environment with a wide variety of challenges.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 13, 2014
Product development is one part risk management, one part technical problem solving, and one part influence.
Good company with okay benefits.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed working at Tennant and was pleased with all the support received from upper management.
Unstable
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Golden ValleyApril 14, 2013
I worked for this company for 6 years. Always walking on egg shells. Unorganized, and very mixed values. Different rules for different people. In the beginning, I loved/enjoyed my job and people. Tennant Company is no longer what it used to be. People turn over quickly. It used to be a great place to work, and you were proud to be part of their team. That no longer exists. It is not a company I would recommend.
Cons
the whole package
Tennant Company
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Extremely flexible scheduling when I was going to school.
Great co-workers.
Toxic atmosphere.
Superiors we're extremely helpful and always had the time to listen.
Great environment and people working there
Accountant/Sales Incentive Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 14, 2014
As with Nilfisk-Advance, my duties were much the same and there were various reporting deadlines. Co-workers were nice and so was mgmt. Hardest part was losing my job due to restructuring. I enjoyed the various duties and flexibility they gave me throughout my 8 years there.
This was a temporary job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden ValleyFebruary 4, 2015
I keyed in contracts and changes as needed. This was a temporary job. It was a long drive for me. Enjoyed doing the data entry.
Pros
data entry wrok is fun.
Cons
long drive
productive and fun place to work with great people
Engineering Test Assistant (Contract employee) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Everyone I have met here is amazing even most of the VP's, the workforce is very friendly as well. They make me want to have a full time position here. I have had several great bosses here who kept me motivated to work.

2.8