Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Difficult Culture
Sr. Global Product Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN1 July 2015
Tennant has a strong, proven history of financial performance. I found Tennant to be difficult to work at from culture to training to employee integrity.
Pros
Strong financials with steady growth, Strong CEO leadership, Strong compensation at the Senior level and above
Cons
Little employee training, Cut throat environment "Toxic", Sales driven, Low risk taking, Some Directors are very focused on their own career and whatever it takes to advance
Field Service like having your own business.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA18 May 2015
A typical day in the Tennant Service Rep's life is a fast paced fluid situation. Some days you go by your planned activities, some are break downs and travel.
Daily IT L2 Support
JCL Analyst / Infrastructure Support (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN29 April 2015
My typical day at work could vary, but the main emphasis was on production batch scheduling implementation/support/auditing and handling desktop support incident management.

Another portion of the day was on-boarding and off-boarding security for Windows Active Directory.

I learned how to properly manage requests and provide permanent solutions.

My co-workers were excellent! We worked as a team with each of us having a specialty or two.

The hardest part of the job was squeezing in all the work demands in allotted time-frames. My group has been doing more with less for quite some time. The best parts of the job was creating and fostering good customer support and resolving issues.
Pros
My job was a long time career and it offered plenty of learning opportunities
Cons
Not enough people
Nice place to work
SAP Architect (Current Employee) –  minneapolis, MN23 April 2015
Nice place to work, Good work environment.

Good Management, Work life balance.

All the employees are good.

Lot of weekend work,

Challangeing
Pros
Good company
Cons
Rash decisions in firing employees
If you are looking for advancement stay away from this company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY29 March 2015
Corporate treats Louisville facility as their "red headed step child". Management changes every 2 years, cannot keep them because of corporate leadership is incompetent.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list here
Tennant Company
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN19 February 2015
Extremely flexible scheduling when I was going to school.
Great co-workers.
Toxic atmosphere.
Superiors we're extremely helpful and always had the time to listen.
This was a temporary job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley4 February 2015
I keyed in contracts and changes as needed. This was a temporary job. It was a long drive for me. Enjoyed doing the data entry.
Pros
Data Entry wrok is fun.
Cons
Long Drive
Productive Large Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA2 December 2014
Good company, not to much room for advancement.
Great benefits.
The work itself is not bad, management is.
CNC Machine operator (Current Employee) –  louisville KY24 October 2014
Brush facility is the most mismanaged place I've ever worked. We are currently on our fifth manager, and the worst by far. No organization, place in complete disarray. There is no chance of advancement. The pay and benefits are about the only good thing here. If a dead end job is what you want, here it is.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management, no advancement.
A Good Place To Work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN31 July 2014
Tennant Company is a good place to work, however, there seems to be clashes of cultures yet to be worked on and found for any future international or global success in expansion of it's company.

Want to know more about Tennant Company?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment with a wide variety of challenges.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI13 July 2014
Product development is one part risk management, one part technical problem solving, and one part influence.
chanllenging, fun, exciting and rewarding
West Coast Region Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, California5 June 2014
A typical day could consist of, working with a field tech on a technical problem. Or, it could be working with a rep on a customer issue and trying to find a solution. A typical day could include spending the day in the field traveling with the field rep advising and coaching him for improvement. A typical day could also include reviewing reports and speaking to the reps doing well and those needing some encouragement to improve.

Working at Tennant in the service operations enabled me to learn and be exposed to various operations of the business. From hiring, firing, managing budgets, managing personnel, working with sales and other groups in our organization. Developing programs for taking care of customers and special needs customers. Developing maintenance programs tailored to the customers needs as well.

Management tended to leave me along as I had my marching orders and knew what had to be done and did it.

The hardest part of the job was turning off the switch. Working from my home office was good and bad. The bad was turning off the switch.

The most enjoyable was working with my team. A great group of guys. It was also great to win a customer over that was unhappy about a situation.
Pros
Variety of customer base and working in the field.
Cons
Backordered parts holding up jobs.
Fast paced, growth orientated company
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN9 May 2014
Tennant Company was a great place for me to work for 21 years.

I was able to grow professionally during my time there through expanding my management responsibilities.
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN22 April 2014
The guys you work with all great guys the management on the other aren't. They are the most shady people you will ever work for. No training no nothing. This job is a complete waste of time
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible management
Great environment and people working there
Accountant/Sales Incentive Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI14 April 2014
As with Nilfisk-Advance, my duties were much the same and there were various reporting deadlines. Co-workers were nice and so was mgmt. Hardest part was losing my job due to restructuring. I enjoyed the various duties and flexibility they gave me throughout my 8 years there.
productive and fun place to work with great people
Engineering Test Assistant (Contract employee) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN3 April 2014
Everyone I have met here is amazing even most of the VP's, the workforce is very friendly as well. They make me want to have a full time position here. I have had several great bosses here who kept me motivated to work.
Clean work place
Manufacturing Engineer/ Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY2 March 2014
Excellent co workers and environment. Fast pace manufacturing plant.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Short handed
No loyalty,lot of back stabbing and management spineless number cruncher s.
Field Service Technician- Richmond (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN20 February 2014
I worked for this company for 10 years and at first it was a great place to work. It was all about customer service, team work, and promoting a good product; then it went corporate. It all became about the numbers, hitting that plan, doing whatever it takes ethical or not. There is no such thing as team work there now, it's tech verses tech. There is no place to advance to out of a service vehicle because supervisor position are limited to manager buddies.If you want to advance here you must own golf clubs and knee pads,which I have neither. They like young aggressive techs. Nobody ever retires here- once you cannot hit your numbers and you get close to 50, they push you out.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
No advancement and no support from managers.
Good to exalent company to work for
FSR (Current Employee) –  MPLS territory23 January 2014
A typicl day would involve schedualing your day with external customers, traveling to customer site for equuipment repairs and planned maintenance service. I have learned a great deal being responsable for my inventory and time and territory management. The hardest part of my was the day to day challenges of keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part was seeing and dealing with different customers and situations on a daily basis,
Pros
Company vehical
Cons
Cell Phone and Lap Top
If you believe in integrity, stay away.
Parts changer (Former Employee) –  Central Tx.10 January 2014
The work and the customers made this job very enjoyable. The management and supervision did not. When I started with this company I asked why they had such a high turn over rate? No worries, just bad people is what I was told. Must sell parts at all cost!! Even when the customer does not need them you are excepted to lie to them and make them purchase things they are not ready for or in need of. Most customers in the territory I covered recognized this and started either doing the repairs themselves or contracting it out to others that were HONEST. Micro managed to the max. You will be on your own but not allowed to think for yourself. "Big-brother" is always watching you. You will not be payed for the actual time you work but yet they want want you to charge the customer for that time. Please do not waste your time with these people. I am sure that all regions are not the same but ANYTHING IN Tx. Or La. Is overseen with little morals and no integrity. Customers are the livelihood of any businesses, and should be respected and not lied to achieve financial gains.
Pros
Meeting and talking with different types of people.
Cons
Lies and ethics of management and supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8