Tennant Company

Tennant Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No loyalty,lot of back stabbing and management spineless number cruncher s.
Field Service Technician- Richmond (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: no advancement and no support from managers.
I worked for this company for 10 years and at first it was a great place to work. It was all about customer service, team work, and promoting a good product; then it went corporate. It all became about the numbers, hitting that plan, doing whatever it takes ethical or not. There is no such thing as team work there now, it's tech verses tech. There is no place to advance to out of a service vehicle because supervisor position are limited to manager buddies.If you want to advance here you must own golf clubs and knee pads,which I have neither. They like young aggressive techs. Nobody ever retires here- once you cannot hit your numbers and you get close to 50, they push you out.
Good to exalent company to work for
FSR (Current Employee), MPLS territoryJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: company vehical
Cons: cell phone and lap top
A typicl day would involve schedualing your day with external customers, traveling to customer site for equuipment repairs and planned maintenance service. I have learned a great deal being responsable for my inventory and time and territory management. The hardest part of my was the day to day challenges of keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part was seeing and dealing with different customers and situations on a daily basis,
If you believe in integrity, stay away.
Parts changer (Former Employee), Central Tx.January 10, 2014
Pros: meeting and talking with different types of people.
Cons: lies and ethics of management and supervision.
The work and the customers made this job very enjoyable. The management and supervision did not. When I started with this company I asked why they had such a high turn over rate? No worries, just bad people is what I was told. Must sell parts at all cost!! Even when the customer does not need them you are excepted to lie to them and make them purchase things they are not ready for or in need of. Most customers in the territory I covered recognized this and started either doing the repairs themselves or contracting it out to others that were HONEST. Micro managed to the max. You will be on your own but not allowed to think for yourself. "Big-brother" is always watching you. You will not be payed for the actual time you work but yet they want want you to charge the customer for that time. Please do not waste your time with these people. I am sure that all regions are not the same but ANYTHING IN Tx. Or La. Is overseen with little morals and no integrity. Customers are the livelihood of any businesses, and should be respected and not lied to achieve financial gains.
Takes pride in its Employees, and Great Co-Workers diverse
TEMP Material Handler, Machine Crater (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great managers, highly competitive pay rates
Cons: sarcasm can get a little carried away
building is fully secured, being a cleaning based company, Very tidy and well kept warehouse, assembly lines are well managed by employees. Immediate supervisors always look out for you, and push you to individual success. even as a temp. Full time staff treated me with respect, and as ways gave you pointers if i had an issue completing a task. hardest part of the job for a starting out as a material handler. my first job was tackling the warehouse. its just massive. but well organized. and the most enjoyable part everyone has a chance to put forward ideas to better the company.
Mechanical work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, FLOctober 28, 2013
Work here for three years. Did mechanical and electrical work at this job.
High impact sales in large territory
Healthcare Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 27, 2013
Worked in a large territory supporting the Healthcare Market for Tennant. Traveled throughout the Northeast of US establishing relationships with Healthcare customers and increasing market share.
Good company with okay benefits.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed working at Tennant and was pleased with all the support received from upper management.
outdoor work
Shop Rep / Technician (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJApril 27, 2013
Pros: work environmnet
Cons: working in all weather conditions
the daily task are easy to manage, working outdorrs with a mix of indoor work makes this job enjoyable
DON'T EXPECT TO RETIRE HERE
Service Rep (Former Employee), Wis.April 23, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no job security / worst health insurance
not a bad place to work / salary good / heath insurance is one of the worst in industry / have seen MANY employees let go once they get into the 50's / no chance to retire here
dont do it
service rep (Former Employee), temple texasApril 21, 2013
Pros: van and fuel, good company overall
Cons: local area management never on the same page
worked there a while back as the central texas area rep. left a good job based on false promises, the district manager at the time was a holier than thou jerk...... make sure you have a backup plan
Unstable
Corporate Office (Former Employee), Golden ValleyApril 14, 2013
Cons: the whole package
I worked for this company for 6 years. Always walking on egg shells. Unorganized, and very mixed values. Different rules for different people. In the beginning, I loved/enjoyed my job and people. Tennant Company is no longer what it used to be. People turn over quickly. It used to be a great place to work, and you were proud to be part of their team. That no longer exists. It is not a company I would recommend.
IT Technical Consultant - SAP Security
Contract/Consultant (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNApril 9, 2013
IT Technical Consultants are highly regarded at Tennant.

The technical team on the project was top notch.
great job
S-3 Mechanic (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJAugust 26, 2012
Great job, i loved my time there. Wish they kept our shop open
Don't Work Here!!!
Assembler (Former Employee), Golden Valley,Mn.July 16, 2012
Pros: no mandatory overtime
Cons: short breaks.bad time standards
They are using more and more temp workers so they don't have to pay benefits.I've seen some temps get strung along for up to 2 yrs. before they got hired full time.Management doesn't listen to employee concerns.One supervisor we had was called little Hitler.He was power hungry and seemed to forget that he was once an hourly employee.Should be unionized.When job advancement or shift openings come up management doesn't go by seniority.As for the 3rd shift robotic welder job.The training is very bad.Alot of valuable info is withheld.All jobs in the plant have time standards that are strictly enforced.The times are rediculously off.Yet people are expected to adhere to these standards even when it is rediculously hot.It is a sweat shop.
Be careful while working with this company.
NDP Engineer (Former Employee), HollandJuly 7, 2012
Pros: great pay and bennifets
Cons: always looking over your shoulder and backstabbing
I have seen people get fired for NO reason other than the market it too slow.

July 16, 2012

I've seen that too.People forced to retire or get fired when market is slow.

February 27, 2013

I used to be a S10 service rap in this company, all service managers in this company inderectly pushed their service raps to become deshonests with their costumers by given them 4 things to comply with. #1- a PM (preventive maintenance time average chart, how much time to spend in doing a PM service in a peace of equipment even if you do it in a half time of that, if you dont't comply with that you used to get a phone call about your labour average being to low, # 2- % productvity based on your last year productivity. example: if you productivity was 100% last year they raise it to 105-110% for the next year. #3 - parts sales (sweeping brushes) some % goes to the raps, service trainer and manager, that's why those brushes from tennant are so expensive, other parts sale % goes to the sales rap. I used get phone calls from my sales rap about my parts sales being low. # 4- labour sales. some % goes to the service manager and service trainer. that's why managers and trainers in this company. they pushed their raps to bill a lot labour hours. in my time in this company I saw fellow raps doing deshonest things like, inflating estimates that way the costumer will be froced to buy a new unit, adjusting brush too much down pressure so brushes worn out faster, over billing costumers, In my region I was the only one to stood up to my manager no wonder why they lay me off at the first chance they got. Don't get me wrong this company used to provided a good and honest service but it seems now is full of greedy managers, like the one here in Canda, no wonder why every day this company is losing ground on the service field, local companies are taking over. Sugestion: get rid off managers. The trainers and sales raps can do a better job, managers don't do anything anyways except play golf or hockey every day. jajajaj

a very demanding company with little reward
Equipment Repair Technician (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 5, 2012
Pros: a steady income
Cons: always changing, and micro managed
very demanding company with little or no reward for the people involved
a typical work day would be to travel to customer location repair equipment and then travel to next location adnd do the same

you needed to be self taught in most cases they did not like to share information with the employees

co workers did the same hardest part of job was to make management happy
most enjoyable part of job was to see the satisfaction of others when job was completed and the friends i made
Great place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNApril 17, 2012
Great place with benefits and a tuition reimbursement program.Co-workers are a fun group. Typical management people. Constant influx of casual workers.
Société à forte valeure sociale
RESPONSABLE COMMERCIAL REGIONAL (Current Employee), Rhone-Alpes/AuvergneFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: frais de déplacements très adaptés pour avoir de bonnes conditions de travail.
Très bonnes conditions de travail, avantages sociaux intéressant, bonne ambiance générale......etc.
Travaillant en Home Office, je choisi ma manière de travailler et de prendre mes rendez-vous et de gérer mes semaines.
Bonne ambiance avec mes collègues de travail.

About Tennant Company

Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The – Read more