Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Not recommend
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY16 February 2018
Management plays favorites and will give their favorite employees advancement before an employee with more experience and better work ethic. I worked very hard for this company and was looked over every time for other employees that didn't do half the work I did.
not fun at all
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN16 February 2018
my manager was a person that picked and choose the people that he liked and wanted to help with problems, I lived in motels all week when was told just sometimes.
Een fijne werkomgeving
Magazijnmedewerker (Current Employee) –  Uden16 January 2018
Tennant Company is een prettig bedrijf om bij te werken. Fijne collega's en er is genoeg afwisseling in het werk.
Hard to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN4 January 2018
Hard to get time off. High turn overs. Bad leadership. You can never advance. I tried 3 times and I didn't get the position and it wasn't because of my performance. They will use you if you are good until you can't take it it more. They will never advance you.
Cons
Bad occurrence policy
Great Company
Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI 4942421 December 2017
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. Work is rewarding and management appreciates your efforts. Hardest part for me is the drive (very long) and the most enjoyable is improving company metrics
Pros
Environment
New hires and temps
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lilac Drive6 December 2017
I'm in welding and they seem to hire a lot of weld school and in experienced welders.These people tend to think they know everything and they don,t.They are hired because they can be paid a much lower rate.Also some of the older people that have been there for yrs aren't getting raises and aren't moving up but other people with less knowledge are.Not enough rules are in writing.Health ins.is too expensive!
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Lazy people
Field Admin
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN17 November 2017
I am a contractor with Tennant and it is a nice place to work. However hard to get full-time permanent roles depending on department. HR doesn't respond in a timely fashion
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
HR slow are hiring contrators
Focus on People and Lean Initiatives
PFEP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI29 October 2017
Tennant is focused on becoming lean company. People are a priority. Focused on career advancement. Focused on quality to the customer and company metrics.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
healthcare
Productive place with friendly enviroment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN16 October 2017
The other employee's in your department were happy to help as long as it was in their knowledge of what it is that needed to be fixed. The management was great they made sure you had the required documents/prints so that the correct jobs would go out.
Innovative company looking to transform
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 October 2017
Solid work environment. Work and life balance suitable. Many opportunities to move around the organization. Challenging work environment. Good management.

Want to know more about Tennant Company?

Ask a question
Okay
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Holland, MI1 October 2017
It was an okay job but not made for a lot of women. The work was heavy and always the same. The company made you work to get time for vacation. It was not easy to take time off when you had no time accumulated if you just started.
Tennant Co.
Coating Analyst II, Coatings technologies (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN21 September 2017
A great company to work for. I do telecommute to Chicago. Management here is very supportive and really work with you to help you in a situation. i have learned a lot at my job
A very ambitious company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX12 September 2017
A good place to work for. The company is going threw some changes and have not really set a real identity. At times the managers make some questionable decisions.
Pros
Good pay, smart technicians
Cons
micro management, horrible training
It's ok.. so long as you stay away from management/supervisors
former employee (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN24 August 2017
When I first started Tennant, it was a great place to work! There were lots of employees with over 25+ years experience, and that says something about a place. Fast forward to now, it's just a numbers game and a continuous revolving door of employees in and out because of the culture/moral. Poorly managed. However, there are still some great people that work there.
Pros
excellent salary if you can put up with management
Cons
Too much management/Micro Managing
Good ol boys club
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN4 August 2017
Tennant co., has a lot of training to do when it comes to Manager/Employee interactions. They are not the idea place to start a career unless you know someone who works there.
Pros
some workers are friendly
Cons
Managers are not in tune with the workers
nice co-workers
Customer Service / Field Service Admin (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN21 July 2017
nice people nice work environment everyone is helpful and courteous work at your own pace in my area the management does not micromanage, you are encouraged to think outside the box.
Pros
friendly
Cons
hard to go from temp to permant
Non-climate control - former manager was a jerk
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY16 July 2017
Work employees to the bone, no consideration of family needs and demand is insane from the previous manager - I know the newest GM and I believe he will turn it around!
Pros
No much to tell
Cons
Heat, poor corporate management
at the time I was there a good place to work
State and Local Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN12 July 2017
I worked for this company for 17 years. Since I have not been there for the past 17 years I cannot attest to the current working environment. For the most part I liked the job and the company.
benefits
Cons
turned into LONG hours
Good company, good benefits, great compensations.
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN7 July 2017
Working at this company was a great experience. I learned so much over those years. I was able to make a comfortable living. I learned some of my most valuable skills at this company.

The culture of this company was good. With any company you have different cultures, and my position was in the Personnel Dept. I had the joy of learning all of those cultures, within the different departments throughout the company.

The hardest part of the job was when co-workers don't see eye to eye. Luckily you learn over the years that we are working for a common goal, and you learn to get pass your personal feelings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing all the people who worked for this company. I worked with retirees, current, and former employees. I am a people person, so to be able to interact with all of them was really awesome.
worst place to work
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN29 June 2017
Tenante co is the worst place to work in all aspect. I hated working for this company. Poor management at all levels. No diversity at all. People are hard to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.