Tennant Company

Tennant Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tennant Company
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Extremely flexible scheduling when I was going to school.
Great co-workers.
Toxic atmosphere.
Superiors we're extremely helpful and always had the time to listen.
This was a temporary job.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Golden ValleyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: data entry wrok is fun.
Cons: long drive
I keyed in contracts and changes as needed. This was a temporary job. It was a long drive for me. Enjoyed doing the data entry.
Productive Large Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 2, 2014
Good company, not to much room for advancement.
Great benefits.
The work itself is not bad, management is.
CNC Machine operator (Current Employee), louisville KYOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: poor management, no advancement.
Brush facility is the most mismanaged place I've ever worked. We are currently on our fifth manager, and the worst by far. No organization, place in complete disarray. There is no chance of advancement. The pay and benefits are about the only good thing here. If a dead end job is what you want, here it is.
A Good Place To Work
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNJuly 31, 2014
Tennant Company is a good place to work, however, there seems to be clashes of cultures yet to be worked on and found for any future international or global success in expansion of it's company.
Fast paced environment with a wide variety of challenges.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 13, 2014
Product development is one part risk management, one part technical problem solving, and one part influence.
chanllenging, fun, exciting and rewarding
West Coast Region Service Manager (Former Employee), Brea, CaliforniaJune 5, 2014
Pros: variety of customer base and working in the field.
Cons: backordered parts holding up jobs.
A typical day could consist of, working with a field tech on a technical problem. Or, it could be working with a rep on a customer issue and trying to find a solution. A typical day could include spending the day in the field traveling with the field rep advising and coaching him for improvement. A typical day could also include reviewing reports and speaking to the reps doing well and those needing some encouragement to improve.

Working at Tennant in the service operations enabled me to learn and be exposed to various operations of the business. From hiring, firing, managing budgets, managing personnel, working with sales and other groups in our organization. Developing programs for taking care of customers and special needs customers. Developing maintenance programs tailored to the customers needs as well.

Management tended to leave me along as I had my marching orders and knew what had to be done and did it.

The hardest part of the job was turning off the switch. Working from my home office was good and bad. The bad was turning off the switch.

The most enjoyable was working with my team. A great group of guys. It was also great to win a customer over that was unhappy about a situation.
Fast paced, growth orientated company
Region Sales Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 9, 2014
Tennant Company was a great place for me to work for 21 years.

I was able to grow professionally during my time there through expanding my management responsibilities.
Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: horrible management
The guys you work with all great guys the management on the other aren't. They are the most shady people you will ever work for. No training no nothing. This job is a complete waste of time
Great environment and people working there
Accountant/Sales Incentive Specialist (Former Employee), Holland, MIApril 14, 2014
As with Nilfisk-Advance, my duties were much the same and there were various reporting deadlines. Co-workers were nice and so was mgmt. Hardest part was losing my job due to restructuring. I enjoyed the various duties and flexibility they gave me throughout my 8 years there.
productive and fun place to work with great people
Engineering Test Assistant (Contract employee) (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Everyone I have met here is amazing even most of the VP's, the workforce is very friendly as well. They make me want to have a full time position here. I have had several great bosses here who kept me motivated to work.
Clean work place
Manufacturing Engineer/ Quality Controller (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: short handed
Excellent co workers and environment. Fast pace manufacturing plant.
No loyalty,lot of back stabbing and management spineless number cruncher s.
Field Service Technician- Richmond (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: no advancement and no support from managers.
I worked for this company for 10 years and at first it was a great place to work. It was all about customer service, team work, and promoting a good product; then it went corporate. It all became about the numbers, hitting that plan, doing whatever it takes ethical or not. There is no such thing as team work there now, it's tech verses tech. There is no place to advance to out of a service vehicle because supervisor position are limited to manager buddies.If you want to advance here you must own golf clubs and knee pads,which I have neither. They like young aggressive techs. Nobody ever retires here- once you cannot hit your numbers and you get close to 50, they push you out.
Good to exalent company to work for
FSR (Current Employee), MPLS territoryJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: company vehical
Cons: cell phone and lap top
A typicl day would involve schedualing your day with external customers, traveling to customer site for equuipment repairs and planned maintenance service. I have learned a great deal being responsable for my inventory and time and territory management. The hardest part of my was the day to day challenges of keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part was seeing and dealing with different customers and situations on a daily basis,
If you believe in integrity, stay away.
Parts changer (Former Employee), Central Tx.January 10, 2014
Pros: meeting and talking with different types of people.
Cons: lies and ethics of management and supervision.
The work and the customers made this job very enjoyable. The management and supervision did not. When I started with this company I asked why they had such a high turn over rate? No worries, just bad people is what I was told. Must sell parts at all cost!! Even when the customer does not need them you are excepted to lie to them and make them purchase things they are not ready for or in need of. Most customers in the territory I covered recognized this and started either doing the repairs themselves or contracting it out to others that were HONEST. Micro managed to the max. You will be on your own but not allowed to think for yourself. "Big-brother" is always watching you. You will not be payed for the actual time you work but yet they want want you to charge the customer for that time. Please do not waste your time with these people. I am sure that all regions are not the same but ANYTHING IN Tx. Or La. Is overseen with little morals and no integrity. Customers are the livelihood of any businesses, and should be respected and not lied to achieve financial gains.
Takes pride in its Employees, and Great Co-Workers diverse
TEMP Material Handler, Machine Crater (Former Employee), Golden Valley, MNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great managers, highly competitive pay rates
Cons: sarcasm can get a little carried away
building is fully secured, being a cleaning based company, Very tidy and well kept warehouse, assembly lines are well managed by employees. Immediate supervisors always look out for you, and push you to individual success. even as a temp. Full time staff treated me with respect, and as ways gave you pointers if i had an issue completing a task. hardest part of the job for a starting out as a material handler. my first job was tackling the warehouse. its just massive. but well organized. and the most enjoyable part everyone has a chance to put forward ideas to better the company.
Mechanical work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, FLOctober 28, 2013
Work here for three years. Did mechanical and electrical work at this job.
High impact sales in large territory
Healthcare Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 27, 2013
Worked in a large territory supporting the Healthcare Market for Tennant. Traveled throughout the Northeast of US establishing relationships with Healthcare customers and increasing market share.
Good company with okay benefits.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed working at Tennant and was pleased with all the support received from upper management.
outdoor work
Shop Rep / Technician (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJApril 27, 2013
Pros: work environmnet
Cons: working in all weather conditions
the daily task are easy to manage, working outdorrs with a mix of indoor work makes this job enjoyable

About Tennant Company

Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The – Read more