Tennant Company

Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Avoid sales in NE at all costs
Industrial Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2016
Good equipment ant sales training. Compensation is fair but middle management is the worst I've ever seen. Some sales reps have no college education because of family connections, managers have no experience but again have family within the company.

Avoid this disaster of a company until the management has turned over, which is not likely to happen soon.

Sales plans are unachievable, they expect 30% growth year over year, impossible.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrendous management and co workers
Corperate company creates a hostile work enviroment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2016
Work is alright as a Field Service Representative you don't hear from your manager until something goes wrong. Since your working on your own you don't know about all changes that are happening until you make a mistake. When a mistake happens they are to quick to come to conclusions and than they fire the employee. The is no corrective training as there was any in the first place. Managers will pick fights with employees. There is no customer service anymore as its all about the numbers. All the top service director says is get on the train before it leaves.
Pros
company vehcile, flex able schedule
Cons
low moral, no management
Flexible work schedule
Marketing Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 17, 2016
Management is great, offers a flexible work schedule. Big company so lots of opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part is the company culture and co-workers.
Difficult Culture
Sr. Global Product Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 1, 2015
Tennant has a strong, proven history of financial performance. I found Tennant to be difficult to work at from culture to training to employee integrity.
Pros
Strong financials with steady growth, Strong CEO leadership, Strong compensation at the Senior level and above
Cons
Little employee training, Cut throat environment "Toxic", Sales driven, Low risk taking, Some Directors are very focused on their own career and whatever it takes to advance
Had good co-workers and worked well with school
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 10, 2015
Worked at Tennant as a Temp and originally applied for a Machinist Intern position and ended up only working on the Saw as an operator. I'd much rather had the opportunity to work on a CNC with a mentor. I understand that in a work place sometimes don't necessarily get the option (right away at least) however it would've made my experience more fulfilling. I was very great full that they were able to be flexible enough to work with my school schedule. 20 hours is a lot with school and enough. I did learn other skills and other things that didn't necessarily apply to machining itself. Maybe in the future I will apply for a different position if it opens.
Pros
worked with school schedule
Cons
not many machines open, management a little disorganized on the floor
great for the end-user, not as great for the employee
Sr Linux/Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
My time with this company was heavily based on hitting a set number of dials each day and was overseen by a outstandingly difficult manager who is no longer with the company, but was the catalyst for myself and many others to seek employment elsewhere.

My recollection is that selling this product while being responsible for account management, accounts payable and more was a heavy burden that made it difficult to give any one task the attention it deserved.

This is probably a job best suited for someone straight out of college who needs to cut their teeth in tech sales.
Pros
ree snacks and beverages
Cons
micro-management
Great company to work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNNovember 4, 2015
Tennat is a good company with good benefits and compensation package. I'd recommend to anyone that is interested in working for Tennant.
Daily IT L2 Support
JCL Analyst / Infrastructure Support (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 29, 2015
My typical day at work could vary, but the main emphasis was on production batch scheduling implementation/support/auditing and handling desktop support incident management.

Another portion of the day was on-boarding and off-boarding security for Windows Active Directory.

I learned how to properly manage requests and provide permanent solutions.

My co-workers were excellent! We worked as a team with each of us having a specialty or two.

The hardest part of the job was squeezing in all the work demands in allotted time-frames. My group has been doing more with less for quite some time. The best parts of the job was creating and fostering good customer support and resolving issues.
Pros
My job was a long time career and it offered plenty of learning opportunities
Cons
Not enough people
Great place
Product Support Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 22, 2016
General Manager with extensive accomplishments in multiple markets across a diversified customer base. More than 15 years combined operations and sales management with a proven ability to expand market share, drive revenue, and increase customer retention. Strong background in Heavy Equipment, Equipment Rental, Construction, Oil and Gas, and even Aviation. This distinct experience is an added advantage to any organization to enhance problem solving abilities and developing creative business solutions. Disciplined thinker with background in Operations Management, that combines sales/marketing knowledge with financial acumen to execute winning business strategies.

Specialties: Start-Up Business Management, Multi-Business Operations, Project Management, Forecasting, Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Service Management Operations.

Responsibility includes oversight and enforcement of company policies, HS&E, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, HR, Financial and Compliance policies. Oversee planning, developing, and implementation of the business plans. Work closely with employees to keep them safe and oversee HS&E to ensure all DOT, EPA, HAZMAT and OSHA requirements are met consistently. Responsible for exceeding shareholder expectations and meeting monthly revenue targets. Accountable for P&L management, track and manage all company assets and specialty equipment, and oversee fleet operations.
Overall Great Company
Rotoational mold operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2015
The company is great to work for. They just started this whole rotomold machine and there is little to know experience from management and they expect everyone the hire to not only work the machine but teach them about it as well. Then each shift has guys who think they know it all and instead of working together they choose to try and make the other shifts look bad.
Pros
Free Lunch, great pay, good benfits
Cons
Lack of managment experience (in RotoMold Deartment)
Don't Work Here!!!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley,Mn.July 16, 2012
They are using more and more temp workers so they don't have to pay benefits.I've seen some temps get strung along for up to 2 yrs. before they got hired full time.Management doesn't listen to employee concerns.One supervisor we had was called little Hitler.He was power hungry and seemed to forget that he was once an hourly employee.Should be unionized.When job advancement or shift openings come up management doesn't go by seniority.As for the 3rd shift robotic welder job.The training is very bad.Alot of valuable info is withheld.All jobs in the plant have time standards that are strictly enforced.The times are rediculously off.Yet people are expected to adhere to these standards even when it is rediculously hot.It is a sweat shop.
Pros
no mandatory overtime
Cons
short breaks.bad time standards
A fun workplace much of diversity.
Strategic Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antwerp, BelgiumAugust 19, 2015
I was an intern so I had a variety of task per day my job was always varied. Everyone was very nice and diverse from many parts of the world.
Pros
Free coffee and soup, great benefits, lunch vouchers, travel
Cons
not much opportunity to move up as not many jobs are opening up.
The work itself is not bad, management is.
CNC Machine operator (Current Employee) –  louisville KYOctober 24, 2014
Brush facility is the most mismanaged place I've ever worked. We are currently on our fifth manager, and the worst by far. No organization, place in complete disarray. There is no chance of advancement. The pay and benefits are about the only good thing here. If a dead end job is what you want, here it is.
Pros
pay and benefits.
Cons
poor management, no advancement.
Nice place to work
SAP Architect (Current Employee) –  minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2015
Nice place to work, Good work environment.

Good Management, Work life balance.

All the employees are good.

Lot of weekend work,

Challangeing
Pros
Good company
Cons
Rash decisions in firing employees
If you are looking for advancement stay away from this company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2015
Corporate treats Louisville facility as their "red headed step child". Management changes every 2 years, cannot keep them because of corporate leadership is incompetent.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list here
Quiet and work life balance
Ecommerce/Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 5, 2015
Responsible for using SAP software, and following department policies and procedures, to receive and process customer parts and service orders in an accurate and efficient manner.
Accountable for tracking orders and identifying and resolving issues related to customer parts and service orders, back ordered parts, online invoicing and the updating of customer account information.
Effectively utilize problem solving skills to work directly with customers to initiate, code, investigate, analyze and resolve order returns in a timely fashion.
Resilient to complicated situations, complaints, shipping issues, and highly adaptable to quick changes while multi-tasking on other job duties as assigned.
Recognized as the lead mentor and a team player for the customer service parts department with responsibility to oversee all department mentor activities, train new mentors as new hire training mentors, provide content to the both the new hire training program and new hire mentor program, and identify opportunities for mentor and training improvements.
Pros
quiet and work stays at work
Cons
too far of a commute
Productive Large Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 2, 2014
Good company, not to much room for advancement.
Great benefits.
No loyalty,lot of back stabbing and management spineless number cruncher s.
Field Service Technician- Richmond (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2014
I worked for this company for 10 years and at first it was a great place to work. It was all about customer service, team work, and promoting a good product; then it went corporate. It all became about the numbers, hitting that plan, doing whatever it takes ethical or not. There is no such thing as team work there now, it's tech verses tech. There is no place to advance to out of a service vehicle because supervisor position are limited to manager buddies.If you want to advance here you must own golf clubs and knee pads,which I have neither. They like young aggressive techs. Nobody ever retires here- once you cannot hit your numbers and you get close to 50, they push you out.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
no advancement and no support from managers.
Takes pride in its Employees, and Great Co-Workers diverse
TEMP Material Handler, Machine Crater (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 3, 2013
building is fully secured, being a cleaning based company, Very tidy and well kept warehouse, assembly lines are well managed by employees. Immediate supervisors always look out for you, and push you to individual success. even as a temp. Full time staff treated me with respect, and as ways gave you pointers if i had an issue completing a task. hardest part of the job for a starting out as a material handler. my first job was tackling the warehouse. its just massive. but well organized. and the most enjoyable part everyone has a chance to put forward ideas to better the company.
Pros
great managers, highly competitive pay rates
Cons
sarcasm can get a little carried away
DON'T EXPECT TO RETIRE HERE
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wis.April 23, 2013
not a bad place to work / salary good / heath insurance is one of the worst in industry / have seen MANY employees let go once they get into the 50's / no chance to retire here
Pros
salary
Cons
no job security / worst health insurance