Tennant Company Employee Reviews

Focus on People and Lean Initiatives
PFEP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI29 October 2017
Tennant is focused on becoming lean company. People are a priority. Focused on career advancement. Focused on quality to the customer and company metrics.
Pros
company picnics
Cons
healthcare
Innovative company looking to transform
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 October 2017
Solid work environment. Work and life balance suitable. Many opportunities to move around the organization. Challenging work environment. Good management.
Tennant Co.
Coating Analyst II, Coatings technologies (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN21 September 2017
A great company to work for. I do telecommute to Chicago. Management here is very supportive and really work with you to help you in a situation. i have learned a lot at my job
It's ok.. so long as you stay away from management/supervisors
former employee (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN24 August 2017
When I first started Tennant, it was a great place to work! There were lots of employees with over 25+ years experience, and that says something about a place. Fast forward to now, it's just a numbers game and a continuous revolving door of employees in and out because of the culture/moral. Poorly managed. However, there are still some great people that work there.
Pros
excellent salary if you can put up with management
Cons
Too much management/Micro Managing
Good ol boys club
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN4 August 2017
Tennant co., has a lot of training to do when it comes to Manager/Employee interactions. They are not the idea place to start a career unless you know someone who works there.
Pros
some workers are friendly
Cons
Managers are not in tune with the workers
at the time I was there a good place to work
State and Local Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN12 July 2017
I worked for this company for 17 years. Since I have not been there for the past 17 years I cannot attest to the current working environment. For the most part I liked the job and the company.
benefits
Cons
turned into LONG hours
Good company, good benefits, great compensations.
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN7 July 2017
Working at this company was a great experience. I learned so much over those years. I was able to make a comfortable living. I learned some of my most valuable skills at this company.

The culture of this company was good. With any company you have different cultures, and my position was in the Personnel Dept. I had the joy of learning all of those cultures, within the different departments throughout the company.

The hardest part of the job was when co-workers don't see eye to eye. Luckily you learn over the years that we are working for a common goal, and you learn to get pass your personal feelings.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing all the people who worked for this company. I worked with retirees, current, and former employees. I am a people person, so to be able to interact with all of them was really awesome.
worst place to work
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN29 June 2017
Tenante co is the worst place to work in all aspect. I hated working for this company. Poor management at all levels. No diversity at all. People are hard to work with.
Great,well rounded, rewarding incentives,
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN28 June 2017
Stressful, dont fall behind, get organised. Dont get thrown in a area where the previous tech didnt care, imposible to recover from that with a customer when you give a estimate that repairs the machine correctly. Also training person needs to be paitiant and available when they say they will be there
Pros
Trips, paid travel, lunches, company van
Cons
Stressful, no home base, packages with your parts are deliverd to your home
Ok
Assembly , production (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI26 June 2017
Nice place to work but the morale is very low nobody follows work instructions so it's hard to work in a line when no one does what they're supposed to
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Too much drama
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN25 June 2017
I learned a lot working at Tennant. I would have to say this was one of my favorite places to work. Unfortunately I was laid off during one of their transitions.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Far from home
People
Plastic Finisher (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI2 June 2017
The people I work whit they are like family. Went I get to work is like my second home. I have work in this for more that 26 years because I really like the place.
Pros
People
Cons
Healthcare.
Good company with great people
Manufacturing Engineering Manager of Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
Fast pace environment with many new products in the pipeline. NPD was a large part of my job. Working closely in cross functional teams to ensure the best product launch. People from all areas of the company were excellent to work with.
Pros
Being part of a growing company with new innovations
Cons
Long work hours - short staffing
Good benefits and culture.
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Tennant. Leads and Supervisors were good, but compensation was low with extremely high production standards. If a better balance between the two could be found, it would be ideal.
Balanced work place
SAP Sr. IT Business Analyst - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN16 May 2017
It is a balanced work place. Team work with spirit and supportive.There are projects continously going on. There are several responsibility to handle projects and production support.
Pros
Business units are very cooperative
Cons
continues projects with limited time lines
Buen ambiente
Desarrollador de Software (Former Employee) –  Querétaro de Arteaga8 May 2017
Trabajo desde casa
Pago semanal
Buena administración
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN8 May 2017
really works great with familys and employees. answer calls, work emails, do service tickets for the techs. take parts orders. also a lot of training in other fields
Tennant review
Global Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN26 April 2017
Tennant Company was a great place to work, I will miss working there. Nice culture to work in. I enjoyed working with the people. Middle Managment was also great to work with.
Pros
Great hours, good benifits
Cons
Upper management comunications
OK place to work
Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 April 2017
Compensation: pay and benefits are competitive. Culture is changing - less loyalty to employees and more bottom line focused. Some areas better than others.
Ok place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI30 March 2017
There is room no for advancement opportunities or moving around the company unless you take pay cuts because of a bracketed pay scale they seem to have a quantity over quality mindset and then you seem to always be improving but it makes it harder to do your job
Pros
Pay is good for starting out
Cons
Health care is high deductable and exspensive, very hot environment, blanket style raise not just based on individual perfornance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennant Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9