Tenaris

Tenaris Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Millwright Apprentice (Current Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 19, 2012
Pros: nice shifts
Cons: going to shift work
Very nice people easy to get along with.
Pretty demanding at sometimes when there is lots of break down.
Coupling Pipe Line
Machinist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
These company I was so enjoyed my day. I was ran a piece than check. Than I called Quality Control to verified and than keep in telorence(+,-.005).
CNC operator
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Run CNC Machine
make sure product is according to print.
make as much production as possible
Demanding company
Project Manager (Current Employee), Veracruz, VERJune 18, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: lack of professional growing
Held some meetings during the day, during the morning I analyze new investments, I prepared some reports for the directors and managers.
Good Company With Benifits
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Conroe, TexasMay 29, 2014
Troubleshoot equipment for steel mill take care of emergency break downs. Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair lighting, switches, and receptacles.
Company focused on Production, Safety and Quality
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2014
Daily activities included wearing proper PPE which consisted of steel toe boots, safety glasses and hard hat. We were required to adhere to customer specifications that were documented and did this by using dial calipers and MRP gauges to determine pitch diamerer. I learned how to adjust offsets to stay within tolerances and visually and physically – more... inspect parts to prevent providing customers with parts that could limit or stop their productivity. – less
Nice place to work in an international enviroment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Zug, ZGMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: no frequent trainings for employees
Tenaris is a very good Company to work in an international enviroment, with a lot of possibilities to move around the World.

Tenaris gives you the opportunity to learn every day, working in teams with a very good structure which allows everyone to define the tasks to be undertaken.

Co-workers: the Company provides a lot of facilities to contact any – more... one in every part of the world. – less
Productive place to work at and with great people
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Houston TxMay 1, 2014
Pros: you can earn a raise and are bonus pay on your checks every month
Cons: health care
A typical day at Tenaris, we get to work for 5:45 a.m. for a safety meeting and to start our day on time. I have learned to stress joints which are pipes. I would like to become lead man in the next 6 months. The hardest part of my job is standing on your feet for 8 hours in steel toe boots. The most enjoyable part of my job is stressing the joints.
Great Company, Less than average pay
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: tenaris university, market leader, financially solid company
Cons: pay below the average, very little growth opportunities
Great company to work for if you are an undergrad engineer. Business degrees not valued - middle management is for the most part Argentinean and growth opportunities are very limited once you graduate from the Tenaris University system.

The company uses a bias approach when assigning benefits. Internal procedures are overridden by personal connections.

Motivation – more... is low and resigning employees are applauded.

5 stars job security, 1 star job advancement. – less
Great work with opportunites to move up
Order Executioner Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Was a contractor there for 3 months, had a good experience, co-workers easy to get along with
Not a job for the timid.
QA Inspector (Former Employee), Westwego, LAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: direct hire, great benefits
Cons: 20 minute lunch break over a 12-hour shift
It was a great place to work. Workdays remained very steady. The most difficult part of job was order set up and calibrating gauges.
Average work place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2013
Pros: get bonus for attendance and production weekly
Cons: high probability of injury
Many entry level workers, company not big on safety and short breaks. The supervisor has to supervise 80 workers at one time. Management makes clear production is number one. "Should be safety"
Very bad work environment.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Conroe, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: received monthly bonuses
Cons: short or no breaks on 12 hr shifts. sometimes no lunch either.
They have a bad work environment and they do not value their employees.They try to keep their new employees, but are always taking things away from their valued employees (those that have been with the company for years). I enjoyed my job some days, but for the most part, the entire company is pretty bad.
Horrible work place
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: tuition's fee reimbursement, great bonus every 3 months if no accident happen at work place, friendly co-worker
Cons: dirty workshop with smoky old machine, bad maintenance, 20 mins luch, pushing people too hard for productions cause injures, hard to advanced the skill.
If you want to work for advance the CNC skill please do not try to apply to Tenaris North Fairbank. This company is good idea for any people despite of men or women, who know nothing about machinist, working with heavy jobs to get paycheck. Everyday you have to work with smoky age machine with unreasonable daily goal. Whenever u reach the daily goal, – more... they will set higher goal for tomorrow. I saw many worker try to reach the goal and be injured everyday, but they did not speak out. They worry not to pleasure the supervisor and may effect the monthly bonus. – less
Nationwide company but very unprofessional environment/hostile even
EMG Emergency Electrician (Former Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: unprofessional management
Tenaris is a nationwide, large company. My experience working for them was not a positive one. The management is very unqualified, along with unprofessional.
Tenaris in the North American Market
Helpdesk Manager North America Division (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2013
Tenaris is a good company balancing work life and personal time.
dirty, hot and dangerous
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hickman, ARAugust 29, 2013
Pros: ins was free for workers
Cons: dangerous and temps
Hot in summer and cold in winter. Dirty from all the steel dust. Stand and inspect pipe as it comes off the mill. Check for defects.
Management only was involved when there was problems. Coworkers were good bunch of people. Hard workers. Hardest part was the temperatures. Most enjoyable was the people. I learned how to run mag particle tester and was – more... certified. – less
THE JOB IS OK
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 2, 2013
Pros: leaving
Cons: beneifits
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS VERY BAD
SADLY I WAS THEIR FOR TWO YEARS AND I DID NOT RECEVIE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY
MANAGEMENT IS FORCED BY HIGHER MANAGEMENT TO OVER WORK THE EMPLOYES WITH NO CONCERN OF OSHA AND THE SAFTY RULES
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS LEAVING
Productive and fast paced.
Saw Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day was meeting a daily production. I learned to operate two saws at one time. The management was very strict with the company rules and regulations. My co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the daily production. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
My working Day
Analyst Jr. at Local Treasure (Current Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaJuly 24, 2013
The treasure Department at Tenaris is unpredictable. It could be a slow day or a rushing day. As we deals with banks, we have to close the company position before noon. However, we need information from other departments. Therefore, it is a data chain. I think that it is difficult to work with this kind of chain. For example, if the coworkers delay – more... at processing the information, we could lost profit at the market (FX exchange, taking debt). On the other hand, I enjoy the team-work environment and the challenge work itself.

I believed that working in this international firms would serve me in two ways: first, by enhancing my knowledge of financial and accounting (business language, IFRS reports, financial deadlines, etc.) and second, by providing me with an excellent introduction to the business world (international networking, the importance of the financial information for decision-making purposes, the management strategies by addressing the supplier risk issues and politics and economics regulations). – less

1 2 3

About Tenaris

TenarisSiderca's pipe dream has come true. The company is a leading maker of seamless steel pipe and the foremost operating unit – Read more