The Tempest Development Group Inc. was formed in 1993. We are a dynamic and fast growing company that develops and sells proprietary land management and revenue collection software to municipalities and local governments. Tempest targets mid to large size municipalities, local government and utilities in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State. With StarDyne Technologies Inc. acquiring majority interest in July 2005, Tempest was able to implement a strategic plan for growth and focus on operations knowing that financing and capital was secured. Tempest is located in Surrey, BC.
Our extensive suite of products has earned a reputation for flexibility, scalability, and ease-of-use. In addition, our track record for delivering on-time and on-budget continues to set a benchmark in the Software Industry.
As a member of the Tempest support team reporting to the Manager of Operations (Customer Support & Development), you will use your sound customer service, problem solving and analytical skills to provide superior technical and end user support to Tempest’s customers. You will ensure that software issues are quickly resolved so that clients can perform their day-to-day tasks using the Tempest software as expected.
You will be communicating with customers, troubleshooting, identifying and prioritizing software issues, as well as collaborating with Development staff regarding software fixes, new features, etc. The goal of the position is to uphold Tempest’s standards for excellence in customer service. You will be working in a culture of collaboration and creativity.
Your personal values are in line with Tempest’s core values of proactive professionalism, teamwork and commitment, and empathetic responsiveness. The complexity and comprehensive nature of Tempest’s solutions makes thorough and complete communication a major requirement for success. You will be an important market representative for the Company and therefore must be open, engaging and professional at all times.
In addition, you possess the following qualifications:
- 2 to 5 years work experience in a technical support or customer service role in a software development environment
- Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, and network configurations
- Technical knowledge of MS-Windows and fundamental concepts of databases (MS-SQL and Oracle)
- Degree, diploma or equivalent technical education in Computer Science / Business Admin or Municipal Government Operations
- Experience with software applications for accounting or revenue systems is an asset
- Windows Client Server programming experience is an asset
- A+ certification, or equivalent certification / experience, is an asset
- Working knowledge of Municipal Government Revenue Services job functions and responsibilities is an asset (e.g. Tax/Utility Billing, Land Re-Zoning, Business Licencing, etc.)
- Sound judgment
- High energy level
- Resourceful and well organized
- People oriented with the ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work and learn independently as well as within a team environment
- Results oriented
If you would like to join our team and become part of a successful company, please submit your resume and cover letter and we will see if you have what it takes to the be the next Software Support Desk Analyst at Tempest!
We wish to thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
No agencies please.