The Tempest Development Group Inc. was formed in 1993. We are a dynamic and fast growing company that develops and sells proprietary land management and revenue collection software to municipalities and local governments. Tempest targets mid to large size municipalities, local government and utilities in British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State. Our extensive suite of products has earned a reputation for flexibility, scalability, and ease-of-use.
As a member of the Tempest development team reporting to Project Team Leaders, you will use your sound programming and analytical skills to execute and deliver on corporate development initiatives on time and in budget, while meeting strict quality assurance guidelines.
You will be involved in software design, coding and testing, as well as communicating with customers requiring technical or end user support. The goal of the position is to develop and maintain quality software while upholding Tempest’s standards for excellence in customer service. You will be working in a culture of collaboration and creativity and must possess a passion for excellence in innovation.
Your personal values are in line with Tempest’s core values of proactive professionalism, teamwork and commitment, and empathetic responsiveness. The complexity and comprehensive nature of Tempest’s solutions makes thorough and complete communication a major requirement for success. You will be an important market representative for the Company and therefore must be open, engaging and professional at all times.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent technical education in Computer Science or related fields
- 0 to 7 years work experience in the software industry preferably in a product development role
- Strong Windows Client Server programming and analytical skills
- Relational database experience - must have a good understanding of programming for Oracle and SQL Server databases
- C#, .Net, Visual Studio programming experience is required.
- HTML5. jQuery Mobile and ColdFusion programming experience is an asset
- Experience with software applications for accounting or revenue systems is an asset
- Working knowledge of Municipal Government Revenue Services job functions and responsibilities is an asset (e.g. Tax/Utility Billing, Land Re-Zoning, Business Licensing, etc.)
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines
- Sound judgment
- High energy level
- Resourceful and well organized
- People oriented with the ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Ability to work and learn independently as well as within a team environment
- Results oriented
If you would like to join our team and become part of a successful company, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We wish to thank all applicants but will only contact those requested to attend an interview. No agencies please.