TEMISKAMING HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very challenging and stressful position.
Central Booking Outpatient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON9 July 2015
My time at Temiskaming Hospital has proven to be very challenging and stressful due to cutbacks and poor management. Just recently we have had another round of cutbacks and a changeover in management; I am seeing positive change and am hopeful for the future.

I began as a medical dictatypist working only with two other typists. This was a quiet position in which I transcribed many different documents for many different physicians. This was very relaxing and rewarding.

As Outpatient Coordinator I am responsible for the coordination of many outreach specialist clinics, two operating room suites (including booking patients, ordering preoperative testing, arranging surgeons, assistants and anesthesiologists), outreach chemotherapy suite as well as many other office duties including some medical transcription. This position is challenging and stressful. I have enjoyed the challenge of organizing this office; however, cutbacks and poor management over the years have proven to be very negative. I have very much enjoyed working with the specialists, the family physicians and nursing staff in my clinics, and have managed to stay positive and continue to provide the services our patients deserve. I have faced many challenges over the years but I continue to move forward with the hope that positive change is on the horizon.
Pros
Many friendships have been formed over the years
Cons
Poor management and cutbacks.