Tembec Employee Review

poorly managed , employee moral very low as a result of mis-comunication between management and union officials
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON30 January 2013
worked for Tembec since 1991 , previous owners were NewYork Times and Kimberley Clarke , who were employee and family oriented , job training was exceptional and the work place was a positive experience , sure miss that , Tembec does not operate in that fashion and makes for a terrible work environment , I believe for a company to succeed they have to respect the employees hard work and listen to there concerns .
Pros
close to home
Cons
below average incomes, poor safety program, non caring company, unionized employees left out of any decisions we have in our own futures

Other Tembec Employee Reviews

A good place to learn
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chapleau, ON31 March 2017
The shifts are 12hours long 7 days in a full rotation then 7 off rotating days and nights.

A typical day at work consist of daily rounds, readings and preventive maintenance on equipment.
Cleaned Industrial bags for reuse
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Témiscaming, QC31 October 2016
Cleaned industrial bags for reuse for a pulp and paper company located in Temiscaming, pq. It was not an easy job, we wore safety suits, goggles, and it was very hot.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hard labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tembec. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9