TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced and challenging.
IT Customer Service (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 12, 2013
Taking calls from TELUS IT clients and helping them with computer problems or contacting support groups. Working on projects related to new clients and/or new procedures and documentation. Working in teams to set up tools to improve customer service and efficiency.
Telus
Door-to-door Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 5, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: long hours
Everybody was very supportive, the thing i didnt like the most is the hours every day you get alot but I would like to be able to go home and spend more time with family.
Great work-life balance
Senior Project / Program Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2013
TELUS is one of the few companies that has a great work-life balance, and one of the few companies that is actually promoting the "work-from-home" initiative being spearheaded by Calgary.
Co-workers are great.
However, over the last few years, TELUS has undergone one too many organizational changes, which is not doing the company any good. This needs – more... to be looked at. – less
Review of current employment
CLIENT MANAGER - HIGH VALUE SALES (Former Employee), Toronto ONJune 3, 2013
A typical day at work would include about 2 hours of prospecting, as well as time set aside for funnel management. The day would also include attending meetings both internally and externally. What I've learned the most here at TELUS is that everyone in the company is invested in each other's success. TELUS has created a culture where everyone has a – more... say and everyone feels heard. Like any position, there is always pressure to perform well. At TELUS, having so many resources at hand makes dealing with the pressure that much easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is the way client's react to the way that TELUS treats them. Client's are very receptive to TELUS and that's a good feeling. – less
Lots of learning opportunities, and a great atmosphere to work in
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2013
Great place to work with lots to offer employees.

Work life balance is amazing at TELUS and really encourages employees to work in a way that is best for them
Forward thinking
Director - Network Operations (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Good forward thinking company with high moral standards and excellent values.
Great People and Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton,AlbertaMay 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches, holiday celebrations, flexible hours, benefits and high wages
Cons: no job security, slow season (winter) lay offs.
I was working as a Business Analyst for a year and a half, I would Get tickets for locates (Alberta First call) then check our facility maps to see if there is conflicts with our facilites and where the customer is excavating. If there was conflicts I would send the ticket out the have a locate complete, if there was no conflict I would then give them – more... clearance from TELUS.I also became a Team lead and would help train and manage my team, Unfortunatly I was only Temp and was laid off due to slow work in the winter. I learnt to use diffrent computer programs such as IRTHNET, Fieldview, and CISCO. I also helped Implement new procedures and standardized notes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility for work hours and my co-workers, The hardest part of the job was not having a permanent position and job security. – less
Fantastic Company
Resource Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2013
I loved working for TELUS. It was overall a positive experience.
Flexible and Beneficial
Solicitor (Former Employee), Campbell River/ Comox ValleyMay 12, 2013
Pros: incentives, free coffee and food
Cons: long days
Days at work were very low stress. I learned how to communicate with people on a business level. Our head boss would come out every couple of weeks and take us for lunch and see how we were doing. It was a competitive job but we all shared ways and ideas to help each other. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated after being shut down so many – more... times. You had to keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you connected with people and were able to help them with their problems and save them money. – less
a fun place to work in meet new people and work with them.
sales representative (Former Employee), Canada way&andWillingdone BurnabyMay 9, 2013
Pros: happy customers
Cons: less work
start up the day with a smile and good greeting, stay positive all day.
good work ethics.
I would manage my daily work every day.
I had good relationship with my co-workers.
the hardest part of the job was less work.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the many customers that would make smile on their faces the more happy that would be.
Challenging project
Consultant (Current Employee), ScarboroughMay 6, 2013
Got an opportunity to work on challenging LTE launch project with great teams.
TELUS
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, in full control of earnings
Cons: personal resources (gas, phone) were non-deductable
A typical day at work:
Meet at the office for some team building, strategy review, product knowledge. Spend the bulk of the day marketing door-to-door or at a business event. Meet back at the office at the end of the day for a recap, return applications, plan for the next day.

What you learned:
How to handle face-to-face problems: critical thinking. – more... Thinking quick on my feet to keep things going.

Management:
Mentors. (Recently) Did the work we're doing so they can teach us the right way to do it. Always on top of motivating the team.

My Co-workers:
Encouragers. Each producing on their own, but keep others at an all-time high, mindset-wise.

The hardest part of the job:
Knocking on the first door of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
That point where you get 3 people to apply in a row at the very end of the day just as you were thinking of quitting. – less
Fun Team Environment
Loyalty and Retention Specialists (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 27, 2013
Working at Telus was like working with family. The Loyalty and Retention team was a close knit unit of employees. Managers were attentive and helpful, colleagues were eager and hardworking. The experience at Telus was exceptional!.
I learned a great deal about leading edge systems at Telus.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 17, 2013
Telus had the best online employee training tools I've experienced.
Great place to work but not in the business units where I was since last reorg.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2013
Pros: perks are great, group insurance are among the best in the industries, special mobile rates and others telus products benefits
Cons: corporate cultures is not equal in every business units, execs doesn't embrace the corporate culture although they pretend to preach it, my business unit was more like an sme within a large corporation.
Co-workers in my group in Montreal are great. Very dedicated and team player. PMO is not really helping project managers but rather watching PMs moves and look at the dollars sign. As a project manager, if you are in trouble, be ready to get pinch by the PMO.
Internal communications is horrible. Beside to announcing new employee, departure and dismiss – more... are not announced to the impacted group. This situation could be acceptable but when resources in place start to be worried and rumors are spreading about the future, management has to step in. Unfortunately they don't. Either they don't see the problem or they put their head in the pit sand.

Hopefully not all business units within the organization are as such. – less
It was a great work enviroment
Logical Design (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: travel
Typical work day was great
Learned various routers configurations, databases, working with and respecting various cultures.
Management was very fair respectful and allowed personal time.
Great people and great benefits but no life outside of work
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary, perks
Cons: internal process, union
Internal processes are very poor. For a communications company they very poor internal communication between department. Right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.
Very inefficient and SLOW processes.
Met some really great people there, management was incredible. Perks are also really great - and benefits are second to none. For those who are – more... family oriented and enjoy a social lie outside of work, maybe not the best place for you. You work around the clock. – less
A good learning experience
Marketing, Sales and Training Agent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 18, 2013
I got my first taste of how marketing works. I was part of a small team and my responsibilities were to create marketing campaigns for in store sales. I was given all the tools and guidance a person could ask for. The role didn't offer much in the ways of job security but it was an overall good experience.
Ever failing computer systems. Angry clients.
loyalty and retention (Former Employee), calgary, albertaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: forced full time hours with limited flex, no vacation in first calendar year, highly stressfull job with very angry clients, constantly failing glitchy computer systems, uncomfortable chairs.
Just quit this position. I will say the benefits and pay were great. Ongoing modifications to client profile and data entry systems force ongoing training. Computer systems are unreliable making helping clients difficult and frustrating. Job is incredibly frustrating most days. Performance expectations are very high despite system malfunfunctions.
When things finally clicked in the brain, the job became so much more interesting.
Assignor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: talked to a lot of interesting people
Cons: the stress level was getting to be too much.
Working with Telus has been a great eye opener. This particular job finally got easier and more interesting and entertaining once the learning curve was breached. It isn't ony the job that makes the work fun and interesting but the people I worked with that made things go smoothly. We had a great team. I looked at this job like it was a crossword type – more... of puzzle with clues on what to do next. It took a while for me to figure out some of the clues but I did manage to get them done. Then they informed us of the office closure and the stress of that put a damper on the whole thing. – less

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more