TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Generally Good
Network Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: pay
Good place to work.
Decent culture and diverse opportunities.
Pay not competitive.
Great Company
Market Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2013
For those just starting out in their careers, TELUS is an excellent employer to learn about the telecommunications industry.
Great place to work , Culture lacking ,Misguided Management
TTV FFH Client Care Representative IV (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: strong benefit package, highly competitive pay scale, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, a lazy union, no leadership from within, improper supports for medical leave, no real student supports as student scheduling can only be approved by your manager, if they like you.
I enjoyed my time working at TELUS, there road shows are well planned and executed to promote upcoming products, they do donate a lot within the communities where they operate, they pay higher than similar positions within the industry, there benefit packages and other perks extend past the norm within the industry.

Hardest part of the job is being – more... expected to work miracles with limited scope of duties, faulty operating systems, and without the proper supports, as well as a lack of cross communication between internal departments that translates to a poor client experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a close knit team that due to long hours at work became like a second family. Also resolving client issues with years of experience, and being able to quickly satisfy and resolve client issues or concerns. Making the clients happy and my relationships with my colleagues was the most rewarding part of my career at TELUS. – less
Flexible work from home policy
Project Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: has a culture to motivate employees
The company takes care of employees' work/life balance by implementing the work from home policy which allows employees to work 2 to 3 days per week from home.
Great workplace
411 Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2013
The company was great for taking care of its employees. They offered a lot of incentive to stay there and encouraged development of its employees to advance through their ranks.
An exciting career to learn new things.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: long hours, well kept enviroment, respectful staff, free parking, and staff
Cons: not much meetings to improve things at work when problems arise.
Great place to work and learn new skills. What occurs was that agent's would be responsible to ensure that customers are fully satisfied, and getting plans in which will meet there needs. I have learned to effectively communicate with my workers, managers, and clients with respect and understand importance. However, it was quite difficult to deal with – more... clients in which got a little angry with us, and we had re-directed them to our superiors for followups. I enjoyed the atmosphere a lot. – less
Very supportive team that works well together
Team Manager (Current Employee), Victoria BCJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great employee engagement, great work atmosphere, wonderful group of people, great free education program
Cons: room for advancement
I management a team that works in a contact centre specializing in HR and Payroll. I have a great team that is very successful and out performs other teams consistently. Very proud of the level of customer service we provide on a daily basis.
Excellent Company to work for
Client Solutions Fulfillment Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches once a month, recognition programs
Cons: many jobs moving off shore
Courage to Innovate

Creative
Awarded certification of Excellennce at Road show for consistently contributing and exceeded productivlty, quality and attendance.

Risk Taking & Implementing
I am able to plan and organize my work load daily making it effective by priortize what needs to be completed and when. ie With many of the toll free winbacks there – more... is a customer expectation to have these services switch to TELUS network and specific times.

Embrace and Initiate Opportunity

Deciding

Taking quick action for a customer I was able to turn around an angry customer and show that even though he had service he wanted by going through a dealer, TELUS was there to listen and do everything possible to provide better service.

Initiating

My high productivity shows I look for opportunities to help Off Shore colleges and peers whenever I can.

Adapting

Many things change often and I am open to trying and doing everything required. ie. When sox errors
effected quality scores I and my peers got together to adapt the additional expectations to get TLC ebams. I stayed positive through these types of changes which also helps my peers.

Passion for growth

Learning
I took on learning how to do toll only orders ie: learning that hold codes used for toll free did not work for LD orders and sharing that information with my peers. I also shared this learning with my peers.

Driving Results

Every order I do and each new thing I learn shows how I contribute to win in the marketplace. I have delivered to our brand promise – the future is friendly. Making sure winbacks are completed, by helping Off Shore Collegues and Peers when possible and being available for after hour cut over’s for toll free winbacks.

Developing Team Members

I provide support to a new team member when she needa and this helps improve on her skills. I am positive and supportive while she is learning I share my knowledge.

Spirited Teamwork

Collaborating
I collaborate daily with my peers on workload and often help them keep orders up to date, We share knowledge and have strong working relationships.

Demonstrating Integrity

ie. A customer was paying to obtain toll free numbers from a company in the US Doing the right thing by suggesting a better way, Taking forward to manager . I am supportive of everyone and understand everyone has different ability and learn at different pace instead of pointing fingers I offer help. – less
Door to Door is very hard work! Beware of false promises
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee), BCJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: on your feet for the full day, rejection 8 times out of 10, unprofessional supervision, unfullfilled promises.
If you can handle face to face at the consumer`s residence, you could potentially do well.
The staffing structure is not very professional, but the out of town management is there if you need them.
Large company, good pay, union.
Business Solutions Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits. secure company. share buy in plan.
Cons: very stupid union. very political environment. top heavy management.
It is a good company to work for. Must be adaptable to change. Upper management likes to do reorganizations every couple of years.
Company is controlled by union environment.
Lots of upper management decisions are not realistic.
Excellent place to work
Marketing, Customer service (Former Employee), Vancouver BCDecember 1, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: could never do enough to please management
Poor management. Great benefits, easy working conditions, good people to work with
Productive and productive workspace
Underground Structures, Eng, New Service Design (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 29, 2012
Pros: recognition and bonuses for achievements. never accepting that something can not be accomplished.
Cons: bribes and there not being enough monies allowed to complete a job in a timely and saflley manner..
TYPICAL DAY at WORK
Pickup physical & geographical information in the field.
Design and survey:
 underground support structures on public right of ways and private property.
 support structures for crossing, railway, pipelines, bridges and rivers etc.
 draft design for consultant drawings.
 inside building support structures.
 building entrance – more... support structures.
 drawings.
 communication cable and pole line requirements.
 TELUS Lightguide Transmission (fibre optic) System; Vancouver, BC to Jasper, Alberta.
 transmission loops.
 178 river crossings.
 20 bridge crossings.
Draft :
 specifications for high density building construction.
 tenders.
 specifications.
Right of Way Acquisition, public and private property.
Obtain Permits from Approving Authorities.
Prepare contracts.
Tender projects.
Cost Analysis & award tender.
Review contract prior to issuing.
Scheduling of manpower and materials.
Liaison: with approving authorities.
Ensure a professional business like approach and provide support between developer, contractor and company forces.
Coordinate construction with approving authorities, consultants and other utility companies.
Inspect projects as to compliance with design, specifications and tender requirements.
Authorize:
 design changes.
 force account work.
Process contract payments in a timely manner.
Invoice processing.
lssue letter of completion.
Compile information for As Built Drawings.
Write off and and close work orders and projects.
Administer 480 km of ROW (Jasper,Alberta to Hope, BC.)

WHAT I LEARNED is that for every situation and challenge their is a solution and comprimise and that and that every job can be done safely and right the first time. The challenge of of doing the job right the first time and leaving/protecting the envioronment always left me with pride, integrity and self fulfillment.

MANAGEMENT and CO-WORKERS were there to help, provide input, asissit and that everyone has something to contribute.

The HARDEST PART of the JOB was when situations/projects went wrong because of glitches in the sytems.

The MOST ENJOYABLE PART of the JOB was when after puting a long day the satisfaction I got from providing answeres, solutions and designs for everyone involved with a project wither they were contractors, suppliers, equipment manufacturers, approving authorities and company work forces. – less
It was a productive and wonderful experience working with TELUS
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 29, 2012
I really enjoyed and learned a lot while working with TELUS as a Student. Their work culture is really good and you can learn a lot from the industry professionals. The best thing I like about working their is they value their employees and make you comfortable in the work environment.
changing technology/ training never an issue
retired voice&data field services technician (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 16, 2012
Pros: changing technology/ training
Cons: sometimes too much travel away from home
all of the above I would give a 5 star rating. Work was always positive & liked the social contact my career was able to give. I'm just recently moved here to Cold Lake for family reasons & would like to get back into the work force on a part time basis.
Great People but not the right fit for me
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2012
Pros: discount plans
Cons: repetitive work
Everyone at work was enjoyable to work with, but I grew tried of a job where I spend most of my time in a cubicle
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: benefits and workplace enviorment
Cons: minimal advancement
Can make a lot of money, valuable customer service skills were gained. Good team environment, staff is great to work with. Hardest part of the job is satisfaction, can end up working long hours with out pay to hit commission goals. Best part about the job is the money.
Leading edge technology, exciting and innovative industry, highly political and bureaucratic environment
Mobile Application Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: amazing coworkers, flexible hours, cool technology
Cons: frequent long hours, very rare promotions, you have to leave the company to move up, company does not invest in high-performing employees as much as it should
A typical day at work:
- Flexible hours, including abllity to work from home
- Long hours (10-12 hr work days typical)

What you learned:
- Opportunity to learn about a variety of leading-edge technologies and work with leading industry companies (Apple, Samsung, etc.)
- Appreciation for the tenacity and teamwork required to bring wireless solutions – more... to market

Management:
- Friendly and visionary management team dedicated to producing results
- Limited opportunities for advancement; a great place to start your career, but not always the best place to grow into more senior roles

Your co-workers:
- Passionate, accountable, honest, sincere, team players

The hardest part of the job:
- Inconsistent performance reviews depending on the department you are in.
- TELUS is a highly political company: At the end of the day, if you get a long with your manager, then your job is secure and you will get a better performance review. In a highly competitive environment, this can lead to stagnation and hinder the flow of new ideas and lead to group-think.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
- Playing a hand with a dedicated team to shape the future of wireless products, services, and apps – less
Great
Customer Service / Product Care (Current Employee), MississaugaOctober 17, 2012
Working for Telus is great. I get to exercise my sales skills and my technical support skills when it comes to clients that have Product care issues.
An excellent company to work for.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: manage your own time. 3wks holidays
Cons: different shifts and overtime available
If you truly like serving the customer,making friends,learning something new everyday,working outdoors and meeting new challenges,then Telus is the one to work for.At Telus you will be the best you can be,primarily because of their support structure,no customer is left hanging,if you don't know,then there is your co-worker.With bi-monthly team meeting – more... you will be kept abrest of any new procedures.The hardest part of the job is pleasing the customer,but it becomes very easy.....by listening to the customer and making sure they are ok with what you are doing,finally some follow-up and upselling.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i have made a new relationship with my customer who will call me if any new procucts or upgrades are needed thus allowing me to make bonuses. – less
TELUS
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 9, 2012
Pros: work life balance and work autonomy
The 4 years I spent working at TELUS were very postive.

For the first time, I felt truly empowered to do my job.

The TELUS management team I was fortunate to work with both empowered and supported me as an employee and a person. They truly believe in the work-life balance value.

I was given the opportunity to learn and grow. In return, I was very – more... happy, when called upon to go the extra mile.

My group provided consultng services. We were a team. We celebrated each others' personal (birthdays, anniversaries and births)and professional (promotions ad anniversaries) milestones and we supported each other through adversities (personal loss) and professional challenges.

In addition, for employees with young children, TELUS puts on very good Christmas celebration for children. It is usually a play or held at a venue like the Ontario Science Museum. The employees who buy gifts for the children put some thought into the gift buying process. My daughter was usually very pleased with the gift she got. – less

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more