TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fantastic Company
Resource Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2013
I loved working for TELUS. It was overall a positive experience.
Flexible and Beneficial
Solicitor (Former Employee), Campbell River/ Comox ValleyMay 12, 2013
Pros: incentives, free coffee and food
Cons: long days
Days at work were very low stress. I learned how to communicate with people on a business level. Our head boss would come out every couple of weeks and take us for lunch and see how we were doing. It was a competitive job but we all shared ways and ideas to help each other. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated after being shut down so many – more... times. You had to keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you connected with people and were able to help them with their problems and save them money. – less
a fun place to work in meet new people and work with them.
sales representative (Former Employee), Canada way&andWillingdone BurnabyMay 9, 2013
Pros: happy customers
Cons: less work
start up the day with a smile and good greeting, stay positive all day.
good work ethics.
I would manage my daily work every day.
I had good relationship with my co-workers.
the hardest part of the job was less work.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the many customers that would make smile on their faces the more happy that would be.
Challenging project
Consultant (Current Employee), ScarboroughMay 6, 2013
Got an opportunity to work on challenging LTE launch project with great teams.
TELUS
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, in full control of earnings
Cons: personal resources (gas, phone) were non-deductable
A typical day at work:
Meet at the office for some team building, strategy review, product knowledge. Spend the bulk of the day marketing door-to-door or at a business event. Meet back at the office at the end of the day for a recap, return applications, plan for the next day.

What you learned:
How to handle face-to-face problems: critical thinking. – more... Thinking quick on my feet to keep things going.

Management:
Mentors. (Recently) Did the work we're doing so they can teach us the right way to do it. Always on top of motivating the team.

My Co-workers:
Encouragers. Each producing on their own, but keep others at an all-time high, mindset-wise.

The hardest part of the job:
Knocking on the first door of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
That point where you get 3 people to apply in a row at the very end of the day just as you were thinking of quitting. – less
Fun Team Environment
Loyalty and Retention Specialists (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 27, 2013
Working at Telus was like working with family. The Loyalty and Retention team was a close knit unit of employees. Managers were attentive and helpful, colleagues were eager and hardworking. The experience at Telus was exceptional!.
I learned a great deal about leading edge systems at Telus.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 17, 2013
Telus had the best online employee training tools I've experienced.
Great place to work but not in the business units where I was since last reorg.
Project Manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMarch 31, 2013
Pros: perks are great, group insurance are among the best in the industries, special mobile rates and others telus products benefits
Cons: corporate cultures is not equal in every business units, execs doesn't embrace the corporate culture although they pretend to preach it, my business unit was more like an sme within a large corporation.
Co-workers in my group in Montreal are great. Very dedicated and team player. PMO is not really helping project managers but rather watching PMs moves and look at the dollars sign. As a project manager, if you are in trouble, be ready to get pinch by the PMO.
Internal communications is horrible. Beside to announcing new employee, departure and dismiss – more... are not announced to the impacted group. This situation could be acceptable but when resources in place start to be worried and rumors are spreading about the future, management has to step in. Unfortunately they don't. Either they don't see the problem or they put their head in the pit sand.

Hopefully not all business units within the organization are as such. – less
It was a great work enviroment
Logical Design (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2013
Pros: travel
Typical work day was great
Learned various routers configurations, databases, working with and respecting various cultures.
Management was very fair respectful and allowed personal time.
Great people and great benefits but no life outside of work
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2013
Pros: benefits, salary, perks
Cons: internal process, union
Internal processes are very poor. For a communications company they very poor internal communication between department. Right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.
Very inefficient and SLOW processes.
Met some really great people there, management was incredible. Perks are also really great - and benefits are second to none. For those who are – more... family oriented and enjoy a social lie outside of work, maybe not the best place for you. You work around the clock. – less
A good learning experience
Marketing, Sales and Training Agent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 18, 2013
I got my first taste of how marketing works. I was part of a small team and my responsibilities were to create marketing campaigns for in store sales. I was given all the tools and guidance a person could ask for. The role didn't offer much in the ways of job security but it was an overall good experience.
Ever failing computer systems. Angry clients.
loyalty and retention (Former Employee), calgary, albertaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: forced full time hours with limited flex, no vacation in first calendar year, highly stressfull job with very angry clients, constantly failing glitchy computer systems, uncomfortable chairs.
Just quit this position. I will say the benefits and pay were great. Ongoing modifications to client profile and data entry systems force ongoing training. Computer systems are unreliable making helping clients difficult and frustrating. Job is incredibly frustrating most days. Performance expectations are very high despite system malfunfunctions.
When things finally clicked in the brain, the job became so much more interesting.
Assignor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: talked to a lot of interesting people
Cons: the stress level was getting to be too much.
Working with Telus has been a great eye opener. This particular job finally got easier and more interesting and entertaining once the learning curve was breached. It isn't ony the job that makes the work fun and interesting but the people I worked with that made things go smoothly. We had a great team. I looked at this job like it was a crossword type – more... of puzzle with clues on what to do next. It took a while for me to figure out some of the clues but I did manage to get them done. Then they informed us of the office closure and the stress of that put a damper on the whole thing. – less
Great people to work with
Senior Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 12, 2013
Great co-workers
good work life balance
able to work from home
meeting new people
productive team oriented supportive workplace
Systems Analyst 2 (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 1, 2013
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: rotating shifts
A constantly changing and challenging work environment. Opportunities to identify, become educated in and move forward into other challenging positions.Hard working, smart people to work with. The tough part was challenging myself to become better each day. Fortunately, they provided an excellent team environment and great leadership. The hardest past – more... was also the most enjoyable and rewarding. – less
I moved around to many different jobs at Telus to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 1, 2013
Pros: i enjoy learning new skills and making new friends
Cons: rush hour to and from work
Hello. All of my supervisors in the many positions I worked at in Telus told me they were very impressed with my work and how I was able to take a stressful department where people didn't get along and turned it into a fun place to work. I have great social skills and am very independent. I have been told I am very intelligent and can pick up any new – more... skill easily.
I moved around alot to gain more and more skills, I worked in payroll for five years. My boss hated it when I was on days off because anyone who did my job which required you to multi task well.Since my desk was the busiest in the department nobody wanted to cover my breaks or days off. I had aquired two months off with pay before I started working from home. I am still an employee and union member with 24 yrs seniority now. – less
9 years with TELUS
SMB Account Manager (Former Employee), barrieFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: sourcing a new position as opposed to lay off.
I worked at TELUS for 9 years and adored this company. Sadly, I was in the wrong position at the wrong time and my program was cancelled and I was laid off. I would ABSOLUTLY recommend working for this company to anyone.
Not your fathers phone company
Access Techician (Former Employee), VancouverFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: less and less every day
Cons: too many to list
I saw a huge shift to the downside of working here shortly after the merger of BC Tel and Telus in 2000. The focus now is on NEW vs WORKS. I have no problem with embracing change if it improves something, but it was my experience that currently Telus is so dissorganised that management will try anything new in an effort to show thier bosses that they – more... are progressive.

The main problem with the culture at Telus is that nobody is willing to tell the Emporer that he has no clothes, so he continues to horify his subjects with his failure to grasp reality.

There's a reason that everybody there says that the only Telus people you see smiling are the EX's. – less
Great experience for a summer job
Residential Consultant (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: free meals, benefits, base pay plus comission
Cons: hard to sell door-to-door, weather was not always good
Sold home services door-to-door daily. Had recurring training sessions though out the summer. All of the employees were around the same age so it was a fun work environment. There many added benefits including gift cards and free meals. THe hardest part of the job was getting to know the product knowledge and learning how to sell it. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Great work place
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee), Canal Flats, BCFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: worked on my own time
Cons: no complaints
Enjoyed to work for telus..The management and co-workers are very nice to work with..

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more