TELUS

• Salary/Benefits
Same as BWireless
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2014
Same as BWireless.

BWireless is a Telus dealership.

We were required to operate under the Telus guidelines.
productive and learning.
Installation & Repair Tech (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2014
Field work , learning in the field everyday . Skills polished in customer service, marketing, I&R, diagnostic.
Calm and formulated workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), brampton onApril 13, 2014
The hours were long but I was challenged creatively and physically everyday and that I love about the job. There is never a dull moment.
Great work environment and benefits
Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, accommodations are great, rebates
Cons: unstable schedule
I have been working at TELUS for almost a year now and I love this job. It's always a pleasure to assist customers and even with difficult ones, there is enough support that you know how to deal with them. The benefits are great, wages are comparable to other tech support jobs but with added benefits like insurance, employee share plan, employee cellphone – more... plan, etc. Team managers are supportive, there is always room for advancement and learning and you can be granted off queue time to study work related stuff or shadow someone from a different department to get a feel of what their job is and see if you want to go there or not. The only downside is the schedule, even though you can't start before 7 AM or finish after midnight, when you are part time, shifts change from one week to the other and it is difficult to make it work with school because there is no student program for scheduling. When you are full time your schedule will be picked for you but there is a bid, although it depends on seniority so if you are the newest you will automatically get the evening and weekend shifts... If it wasn't for the scheduling this job would be perfect but at least you can trade shifts with other agents without seeking approval every time so you can sort of make your own schedule but it does require some work and also to go to people to ask them. – less
Started great...then.
Sales Engineering (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers, reasonable benefits.
Cons: managers and above will step on you to make themselves look good.
I loved working at TELUS for a number of years. However, in every place there are great leaders...and there are leader wannabes. I eventually made to the category of a dedicated and loyal employee being pushed to the point of not caring.
Very productive and fun work environment as well as accommodating
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: health and medical benefits, pay, flexible schedule, amount of hours
Cons: unpredictable
A typical day at work consists of checking my email and TELUS employee site and TELUS website to check all updates and make sure I know of all current promotions and deals. After this the days are very unpredictable and it is time to help clients with whatever they need whether it is about a complaint or getting a new phone. In down times all team members – more... will stock any accessories that need stocking, making sure the demo phones are operating correctly, as well as cleaning tasks.

I learned a lot at TELUS considering there is a huge learning curve about the values and products and services that were sold. My team members and managers were very accommodating and understanding when it came to things that I was trying to learn and were patient in the time that it took me to get the hang of things.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job; the customers. Since it is a customer based job you need to be good with people. The hardest part is keeping the customers happy and when the customers are happy, it makes you happy and makes the whole experience enjoyable for both parties. – less
It's one of the best companies i ever worked with
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2014
Team work and different technologies are two important points
Awesome Company
DATA MODIFICATION CLERK (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Great company, pampered, management great, benefits great, fast paced and advancement is always possible
One of the best companies I've ever had the opportunity to work for
Store Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 20, 2014
Telus is a fabulous company, I would not have left if I didn't have to and if I had the chance to work for the company again, I would in a heartbeat...My store was very efficient, clean, friendly and understanding. I loved being a store representative and thoroughly enjoyed helping out clients and staff members when needed. The store was very professional – more... and among staff we became close like a family and if anyone has the opportunity to work for Telus, I'm sure you would feel the same way – less
Productive and a fast pace environement
Analyste support aux detaillants (Former Employee), Montreal, QCMarch 17, 2014
The job consist of answering to inbound calls from sales rep to assist them completing a transaction for the clients need.
I'v learn to be independent at my work and took take initiative on resolving clients need.
I always had a very good relation with all the managers in the management overall is very organized
My co-workers were just great, help the – more... day to pass much faster.
Most of the time, we are dealing with internal employee's, some of them might be harder to deal with because they are under pression with the client directly but most of the time its enjoyable to be able to help them with what they need and to make sure client satisfaction is met at the end of the call. – less
A good job you could make a career out of
Equipment installer, cable splicer/ maintenance, (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2014
A lot has changed at BC Tel/Telus over my 36 yrs, before retirement. It was a secure job with pretty good benefits. There were a variety of jobs within the co. you could apply for, of which I had a few.
Fun place to work.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
great culture, a lot of trust and freedom. focus on customer and delivering best for customers, friendly people, young crowd
Nice looking Work place
Tech support (Former Employee), montreal qcMarch 6, 2014
Telus was from far the best looking workplace i ever worked. Arcades, lounge, pool table and so much more was put to our convenience.
Over all amazing
SMB Loyalty and Retention Specialist Lvl 1 (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 3, 2014
Over all amazing time, great company to work with
learned to strengthen my skills
and openly review a situation and come to an understand very quick.
Fantastic Employer
HRM/Business Development & Account Manager (Current Employee), North York, OntarioFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: consistent learning, new developments, leader in telecom/ technology.
Cons: overtime required.
Continuously offering a diversity of products pertaining by target market. Offering the clients a number of solutions designed to increase overall productivity, daily efficiency and effectiveness resulting in positive experience and maintained client base.

Co-workers are fantastic- innovative and hard working team members with the willingness to contribute – more... at any time. True display of citizenship behaviour. – less
friendly environment
Application Developer (Current Employee), Montreal ,QCFebruary 26, 2014
Co-work are helping and friendly
and nice place to work
good environment
Best work & life balance environment I've ever had
Commissions Administrator (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: performance bonuses, great employee lounge, great people & work environment
I had the opportunity to work in and with different departments within Telus, which gave me invaluable insight into how to manage and deliver personal and inter-departmental objectives.

Each employee had the opportunity to give feedback on their team, department and company which I felt had a real impact.
Exciting work environment
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Fairview Pointe-ClaireFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: fast pace and continuous adaptation to a growing industry
Cons: performance & result driven industry- standards very high(room for error minimal)
This is one of the best jobs in the industry. Telus is a great company to work for and I continue to push my team to succeed every time I come in to work.

This company has taught me structure in my day to day responsibilities as well as the importance of offering excellent customer service and client experience.

The most exciting part of my role is – more... the impact that my work has on my team by reinforcing company strategies, offering effective sales tactics and ensuring continuous growth . The balance between my management role and my personal sales are crucial.

I would recommend to this company to anyone who seeks a continuous challenge and the opportunity to build their management skills. – less
Excellent company
Director of Network Management Center (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Managed a NOC and teams that provided exemplary services managing outages and change events.
Productive and hands on experience
Business Solutions Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: driving everyday
Cons: working in cold weather
Installing and repairing phone and DSL lines.

I learned a lot about infrastructure of public Central Offices and PBXs. I also learned about cabling and how to install and troubleshoot.

I had my own van so I would rarely see co-workers unless we needed to help each other out.

Hardest part of this job was being 15ft up a pole in -45 degree weather – more... in Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing different places everyday and coming across interesting issues. – less

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more