TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company
Director of Network Management Center (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Managed a NOC and teams that provided exemplary services managing outages and change events.
Productive and hands on experience
Business Solutions Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: driving everyday
Cons: working in cold weather
Installing and repairing phone and DSL lines.

I learned a lot about infrastructure of public Central Offices and PBXs. I also learned about cabling and how to install and troubleshoot.

I had my own van so I would rarely see co-workers unless we needed to help each other out.

Hardest part of this job was being 15ft up a pole in -45 degree weather – more... in Edmonton.

Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing different places everyday and coming across interesting issues. – less
Ethical and Professional workplace
Business Sales Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2014
I have a great time working here. Great management, coworkers and teamwork
Exciting and Interesting Place to Work
Customer Service - Cable Locator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB.January 29, 2014
Pros: ongoing learning
Cons: manager
Great place to work but manager was never around and when he was he worked with blinders on and did not see who the TRUE assets to the company were. Favored the "team who were all family related no matter how much they messed up and cost the company thousands of dollars.
Other than the manager I enjoyed the work environment.
Very well cultured and excited
Sales Representative & Key Holder (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 27, 2014
TELUS continues to be a very rewarding experience. Great people, great culture and provides excellent development opportunities.
Good pay, amazing stock purchase plan, but still a big corporate culture
Marketing Manager - Pricing Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: stock purchase plan, office location, overall company vision and direction
Cons: large company means lots managers, directors, senior directors, vp's, snr vp's, evp's, etc...
TELUS is a great place to work as long as you are okay with working in a big company. Each role is small in the big picture and it's difficult to see your contributions to the company's overall numbers.

Pay is fair, stock purchase plan is great and their stock is very strong.

Advancing your career is very possible on some teams, while very difficult – more... on others. Luck of the draw.

Overall a great place to work, especially now that they have a downtown Toronto office attached to Union Station. – less
Great company
Expert (Former Employee), calgary albertaJanuary 2, 2014
I loved working here although management is horrible I met so many great people here and the work environment is actually FUN so many benefits .
Excellent Business Culture
Voice Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 28, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and bonuses
Cons: long hours
I worked for this company for 32 years and was in management for 11 of those years. I was provided with all the tools required to be succesful. Education, working with people skills were all provided.
Productive work life balance
Project Manager / Senior BSA (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
I have seen employee working at Telus for over 10 to 15 years.
The environment was interesting and a steady paced.
Solutions Architect/Network Architect (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: wearing jean while at work.
On a daily basis we balance multiple projects while maintaining standards of excellence. The standards we applied to each project where Scalability, high level of resilience, and Rapid deployment designs.

I learn a fair amount about BGP routing protocol from daily use.

The management structure was responsive to need. But acquiring needed tools quickly – more... was a difficult task. – less
Great staff poor management
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: discount phone plans
Cons: poor managment
A typical day on the sales floor would start with a quick meeting and then what are quota to hit for the day would be. It taught me how to structure great sales tactics and manage time better. Also when working with great staff members it made me more comfortable and part of the team. Overall, coaching and management was where attention was needed.
Productive , business oriented workplace
Loyalty and Retention CSR (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: life balance
I Have worked for TELUS for 6 years going on 7. A typical day at work would be

Coming in
answering calls
resolving escalated client situations

It is a pretty easy job, i would say challenge is de-escalating client situations in which they are very irate, the enjoyable part is coming in having a supporting team to back you up.

This job has provided – more... me in many skills to serve customers in both face to face and over the phone situations. – less
Positive working environment but limited opportunity to grow.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Reporting (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 21, 2013
Pros: technology advancement
Cons: limited opportunities to grow.
I worked 9 years for TELUS and learned a lot about wireless technology/BI reporting.

enjoyed work from home option and free cell phone.
union?
Competitive Operating Servicing Agent (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCNovember 7, 2013
only good thing is union, long hours, unrealistic expectations of workload.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: shift work
- take calls
- troubleshoot
- book appointments
- work with IT to resolve issues
- perform tests
Amazing values and beautiful work space
Assistant to Exec.Receptionist / Corp. Real Estate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere, beautiful building, great core ethics
Cons: no management/communication, no training, little notice to shift change
TELUS is an amazing company both inside and out. From their environmental beliefs to their core values and helping their own communities through events such as "give where you live" and "back to school back pack fund" to help less fortunate children start the school year off right!

TELUS embodies everything that a great employer should.

The hardest – more... part of working for TELUS is the lack of communication between upper management and their employees. As many managers work either out of province, out of your city or even at home, it makes face to face time and any kind of communication a difficult task. It also makes advancement a difficult. When your manager is not there to help and guide you in the right path in order to advance or to see when you do go above and beyond, it makes you less visible in the company where may be standing out. Also, contractors are not able to have the same access to all the needed information and that can make finding valuable information even harder.

Working for TELUS taught me a great deal about working alone and within a team.

Overall, I did give them 3 stars out of 5. I gave them this rating based on the fact that I had a VERY tough time finding much needed information and limited resources due to the fact I had no management in my city. I also had no training for my post and had no benefits, no vacation as well as no salary increase and no bonuses because of the contractor role. I also gave them that rating because of the work/life balance. My schedule would change at a moments notice and would never be consistent and my duties were always increasing.

The best part of my job was on a daily basis when greeting the clients and being able to help out of province TELUS employees find their way around and help them with whatever they needed. I also loved that I could be of service to anyone in the office and was able to problem solve together, as a team. – less
Superior
Business Analyst / Webmaster (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 22, 2013
A great building block to knowledge and corporate experience, management always found a way to support people.
Productive and fun company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 16, 2013
Great company. i would recommend working at Telus anytime

Management was awesome and were interested in the employee's career/personal development
Great Company
Sr. Technology Specialist/Consultant (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 15, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: release schedule
TELUS is a great organization to work for with a great life / work balance environment and an overall customer first approach to how they do business. As one of the largest Telco's in Canada TELUS has not lost its identity it remains true to building a future that is truly friendly.
Out of touch
Developer III (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 11, 2013
Pros: interesting work
Cons: poor compensation
Compensation is out of touch with current market. Work is interesting and remote work is allowed.

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more