TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with others and Communication is key to enjoying work environment
communications-Senior sales consultant (Current Employee), edmonton,AlbertaOctober 9, 2014
Learn the processes of making sales,relating to customers, consulting and getting issues resolved to the best of my knowledge.

Management are very understanding and are there in most senarios for assistance

Co workers are great ,friendly, and fun to be around

the hardest part of my jobs at times is leaving

The most enjoyable part of my job is mainly – more... meeting my customers and what i do make them happy – less
Good.
Java Developer (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 9, 2014
Not sure why need review here. I don't want post review for my previous company here.
Very Productive, relaxed atmosphere, great work-life balance, an awesome place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: work from home regularly
Cons: you have to pay for parking in the downtown core.
Daily processing a high volume of payroll changes for all of HHS employees (Approx. 1200). Continuous interaction with team members/clients, engaging in the enhancement of department work flow to ensure customer satisfaction.

I enjoy coming to work, working as part of a team, speaking the same language. There is a lot of work so it makes me want to – more... come in. – less
Excellent and dynamic company towork for.
Network Specialist - Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learning new technologies everyday
I have always enjoyed working at Telus. I have always enjoyed working over here as I am learning new Technologies and troubleshooting everyday. The position has given me opportunity to work with a myriad of Telus customers.
Great if you don't ever need/want time off
Sales (Former Employee), AlbertaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: no management/team
Management was absolutely horrid more of a dictator instead of a leader No where to move up When you are at the bottom you stay at the bottom Stay away the manager was great at telling you when things needed to be done but usually sat and watched you do it instead of helping the team I wouldn't go back of I was offered a million dollars way to stressful
Fun, relaxed environment
Business Analyst III, Capital Asset Management (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 4, 2014
The general environment is enjoyable and relaxed (including ping pong, pool, and fooseball tables); however most of project management appear to hate their jobs. Too much consolidation of duties.
good culture
Manager, Digital Business Self-Serve (Former Employee), toronto, OnOctober 1, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: work life balance
Over all a good company with a strong culture.
Pay is on the lower end.
fun place to work with excellent atmosphere
Business Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), montreal , quebecOctober 1, 2014
Pros: gym inside
Cons: nothing at all
great company to work for , enjoyable place to work , good program for all telus employees , good benefits , great management .
Fun Enviroment
Sales Account Manager (B2B) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, great sales training, great sales incentives
Cons: financially capped
-Achieved top sales achievement Q1, Q2. Q3.
-Managed high-level account activity.
-Aggressively promoted TELUS Business Solutions via cold calling, referrals and networking
-Expanded the territory and exceeded targets
-Managed the full sale cycle from prospecting to delivery of the product
-Developed and implemented strategic sales plans for targeted – more... business clients – less
Excellent
Sr Technology Consultant (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 20, 2014
― Migrated Unified Communication cluster of a health care provider from 5.x to 8.x on UCS platform.
― Deployed Cisco Quality Manager in HA mode with End Point recording for a manufacturing industry in HA design.
― Migrated Unified Communication cluster and end point devices from 5.x to 7.x for a large financial institution.
― Deployed projects for SMB – more... using UC 500/520/540/560 and UC 320 products.
― Deployed Unified communication setup on 8.x for a large manufacturing industry, with SRST setup across 29 branches. – less
Great company to work for
Junior Product Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Excellent salary and benefits packages
Tons of flexibilty around work location (work from Home)
Great overall culture
Awesome job environment, awesome managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: dealing with customers can be stressful
On average you would answer 20 to 30 calls a day, depending on circumstances, and provide customers with basic technical support. They train you enough to do what is required (basic internet/service provider knowledge).

The management is truly awesome though. They are there to support you and want you to succeed.
Everyday a different enviroment with various challenges and learning opportunities
Service Deliver Administrator II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: vehicle, tools, laptop, cellphone
Cons: on call
I am a mobile worker, so I could start a typical day by logging into my laptop via VPN, at home, and checking a job Q. Or by having a scheduled install/ repair and driving to the customer premises to complete. Depending on the customer and the job I could spend all day at one customer premises or visit a variety of different customers. On a daily basis – more... I may deal with a variety different types of situations, a variety of different devices and many different opportunities to learn. Relying on collaboration from co-workers is key to being successful in my line of work because of the various devices that can be found in todays IT workplace. The hardest part of my job is being prepared for al the different challenges that I may face daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is never boring. I feel like I am always able to grow and learn because of the ever changing world of technology. – less
excellent working environment and good management
Desktop Support Analyst- Contractor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good career growth
TELUS is having very good management and one can easily balance the personnel and professional life. Above all there is no stress on work place.
Enjoyable, past paced friendly envorinment.
Frame Service Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 13, 2014
Creating batch jobs, working at Lendrum Co. & 4 remotes.
Running in and removel of jumpers for Pots lines, Adsl, various other functions.
Management unfortunately, not the greatest.
To many turn-overs for management positions. Of the 23 plus years I worked for Telus, must have had 16 different managers, some with no experience in CSD ( customer solutions – more... delivery).
Rarely had the chance to interact with co-workers, although I have trained many over the years.
Dealing with assignment issues created within batch jobs.
Taking great pride in my day to day work ethics and learning any knew tasks job related. – less
Great teamwork atmosphere
Central Office Mainetance and Build (Former Employee), Medicine Hat altaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: co workers are great and culture of teamwork is exelent
Cons: late night callouts
Great education potential. Lots of diverse co-works. The freedom and trust offered by management towards employees . The respect of peers and management is promoted .
fun place to work
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 29, 2014
very organized company, good company benefits, good work environment
Great company to work for
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
- Best work environment
- Great company to work for
- Excellent team environment
- Fun activities conducted periodically to motivate employees
- Flexible work hours
fun workplace
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
I worked on a brief contract many years ago, I helped warp up the transition of their help desk over to Philippines, good employer.
Work environment strongly depends on which department you're in.
Senior Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: additional benefits above pay are good (health, vacation, volunteer efforts, etc)
Cons: inconsistency of company values throughout company, salary
The best departments are fantastic! Fast paced, supportive, fun, good work/life balance. But others are the opposite. Recommend trying to talk to someone in the department if you really want to know.

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more