TELUS

TELUS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Junior Product Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Excellent salary and benefits packages
Tons of flexibilty around work location (work from Home)
Great overall culture
Awesome job environment, awesome managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: dealing with customers can be stressful
On average you would answer 20 to 30 calls a day, depending on circumstances, and provide customers with basic technical support. They train you enough to do what is required (basic internet/service provider knowledge).

The management is truly awesome though. They are there to support you and want you to succeed.
Everyday a different enviroment with various challenges and learning opportunities
Service Deliver Administrator II (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: vehicle, tools, laptop, cellphone
Cons: on call
I am a mobile worker, so I could start a typical day by logging into my laptop via VPN, at home, and checking a job Q. Or by having a scheduled install/ repair and driving to the customer premises to complete. Depending on the customer and the job I could spend all day at one customer premises or visit a variety of different customers. On a daily basis – more... I may deal with a variety different types of situations, a variety of different devices and many different opportunities to learn. Relying on collaboration from co-workers is key to being successful in my line of work because of the various devices that can be found in todays IT workplace. The hardest part of my job is being prepared for al the different challenges that I may face daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is never boring. I feel like I am always able to grow and learn because of the ever changing world of technology. – less
excellent working environment and good management
Desktop Support Analyst- Contractor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good career growth
TELUS is having very good management and one can easily balance the personnel and professional life. Above all there is no stress on work place.
Enjoyable, past paced friendly envorinment.
Frame Service Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaAugust 13, 2014
Creating batch jobs, working at Lendrum Co. & 4 remotes.
Running in and removel of jumpers for Pots lines, Adsl, various other functions.
Management unfortunately, not the greatest.
To many turn-overs for management positions. Of the 23 plus years I worked for Telus, must have had 16 different managers, some with no experience in CSD ( customer solutions – more... delivery).
Rarely had the chance to interact with co-workers, although I have trained many over the years.
Dealing with assignment issues created within batch jobs.
Taking great pride in my day to day work ethics and learning any knew tasks job related. – less
Great teamwork atmosphere
Central Office Mainetance and Build (Former Employee), Medicine Hat altaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: co workers are great and culture of teamwork is exelent
Cons: late night callouts
Great education potential. Lots of diverse co-works. The freedom and trust offered by management towards employees . The respect of peers and management is promoted .
fun place to work
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJuly 29, 2014
very organized company, good company benefits, good work environment
Great company to work for
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2014
- Best work environment
- Great company to work for
- Excellent team environment
- Fun activities conducted periodically to motivate employees
- Flexible work hours
fun workplace
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
I worked on a brief contract many years ago, I helped warp up the transition of their help desk over to Philippines, good employer.
Work environment strongly depends on which department you're in.
Senior Learning Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: additional benefits above pay are good (health, vacation, volunteer efforts, etc)
Cons: inconsistency of company values throughout company, salary
The best departments are fantastic! Fast paced, supportive, fun, good work/life balance. But others are the opposite. Recommend trying to talk to someone in the department if you really want to know.
nice place to work
Sr. Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
I worked under good management.I enjoyed my work TELUS.
I got good support from my co-workers.
An amazing place to start and build a career
Learning Specialist Level 2 (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 24, 2014
You often hear of tech firms who lavish benefits on their employees and offer exciting challenges and growth while other, older corporations continue plodding along, doing the bare minimum to keep their employees engaged.

Not so with TELUS. From the first day of my employment to the very last, I felt that my workplace offered a fair, fun and exciting – more... place to develop my professional and interpersonal skills.

Regrettably, like all long trips, this one too had to end in order for me to grow my career further. – less
Nice culture
Help Desk (Former Employee), EdmontonJune 23, 2014
It is fine, Little work life balance. Nice people. Nice benefits
TELUS Business
Small and Medium Business Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
Great company to work for that takes care of their employees but will be treated like a number and not a person. Management was more concerned in finding things you were doing wrong than to assist and encourage what you were doing right.
cool
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE PCS III (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
A lot of calls, a lot of room for growth. Good benefits and good salary.
Innovative, Customer Focused, Employee Engagement
National Sales Director - Indirect Sales Channel (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 11, 2014
Good environment to learn, advance and be engaged. The management team is focused on employee engagement. Good culture of teamwork.
good benefits
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 29, 2014
Telus has a friendly environment and has a good employee benefit.
good place to work, great staff
Provisioning Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 26, 2014
Was a great place to work, good benefits, pay and people I worked with was great.
Telus life.
Customer service rep. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 23, 2014
Working at this company was okay, i personally didnt like much of it at all.
It's all about the team.
Sales Representative, Koodo Mobile (Former Employee), Calgary/BurlingtonMay 20, 2014
Pros: good employee phone plan, good employee discount
Cons: terrible management, not team spirited
While working for TELUS I encountered differences as I moved from a store in Alberta to a store in Ontario. My experience in Alberta was phenomenal. The management team worked hard to ensure the success of each and every team member while providing constructive feedback on performance.

Upon transferring to Ontario I found it very different. I had a – more... back-room manager and worked with a cut-throat team who undermined each other as they saw fit. Upper management even went so far as to make accusations of team members based on unfounded lies.

While I picked up many skills that are useful and thoroughly enjoyed my work with my customers, I would not return to TELUS in Ontario due to the lack of professional conduct within higher management. I would however, rejoin the team I had in Alberta if ever given the opportunity. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more