TELUS

TELUS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work with great team
Network Designer 2 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee/tea, near to downtown
Cons: none (except the very cold weather)
The office is wonderful with great staff rest area equipped with variety of coffees and teas, as well as fridge and microwave.
Excellent job
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great coworker team
Cons: not enough room for advancement
During my time at AWC Communications and Telus, I throughly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. During my day, I was responsible for teaching up to 5 courses a day to clients with their new Telecommunication devices and offered further teachings if they so needed.

Management needed some work, but overall the team was strong. My co-workers – more... were the strongest asset at this job. They knew how to work as a team, and were great companions.

The hardest part of the job was having a manager present every day of the week. Having said that, my manager was the hardest worker in the room.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction given to customers once they knew how to properly use their new telecommunications device. – less
Work hard, play hard
Directeur d'√©quipe - Est du Canada (Former Employee), St-LaurentDecember 1, 2014
A face-paced environment and a national company. A fun loving culture and a just do it attitude. People are open-minded and culturally diversed.
Fun and living their values in true manner
Customer Help Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2014
It is a great work environment with lots of fun. Great upper level management. Company is heading in the right direction with regards to their services. Great recognition by immediate management and making the employees feel valuable assets.
Flexible and knowlageable workplace
Sr Business Performance & Reporting Intelligence (Current Employee), MontrealNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and no micro management
Cons: decentralization
being a part of a national team and working 80 % from home which provide me an excellent work / life Balance.
In daily basis I learn new stuff about tool features or when working on new adhoc data requests. Always discovering a hidden face of the business.
no thanks
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 19, 2014
A great deal to do
Management, PM, GHG accounting, how not to manage people
great
Breeds mediocracy
Creating positive sustainability changes
Best training and practice, Friendly management
Telecommunication Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good experience, good training, more opportunity for internal promotions
Cons: low starting pay
Work in a customer's house, meet different people everyday. More hours. Good experience. Your daily work is to install internet, TV and phone to the customer's house. Have to travel a lot in a day. It has more freedom, act like owners. Lots to learn.
Customer Focussed Organization
IT Manager, Managed IT Systems & Internal Systems (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 17, 2014
A lot of planning and operation preparation during a day. After hours support and oncall during non business hours.
productive
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), mississauga, onNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: sometimes long/ short hours
Working busy in no permanent days.
I learned to shipped and communicate with others
The hardest part is that you have no permanent time to end your work
productive
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), mississauga, onNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: sometimes long/ short hours
Working busy in no permanent days.
I learned to shipped and communicate with others
The hardest part is that you have no permanent time to end your work
Amazing job Culture
Data and Network Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: extra hours which is double pay
TELUS is a leading national telecommunications company in Canada, with $9.9 billion of annual revenue.
Every thing is good, looking for very good
Poor management
Human Resources (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good on paper
Cons: small thinking management
TELUS is a poor place to work, especially when the mobile division was separate from the rest of the organization. There were many folks who had been promoted outside of their scope/capabilities and were lousy at managing. As a consequence they squashed ideas and projects that could develop the department and ultimately their own career if they weren't – more... so short sighted and paranoid. – less
Do not apply their modos
Director, Business Development (Former Employee), Sherbrooke, QCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: pressure. dehumanised
I have work for TELUS on 2 separate contracts on 2 separate occasions. 11 years in between.

The first contract i did with them, my experience was fabulous. The best companie i ever worked for. Unfortunately that all changed. when i came back 11 years later for a new contract, i quickly noticed that they did not follow their modos and followed their – more... value system any more. You are no longer a great human being full of potential that we want to invest in and grow with. Now you are a number. someone easily replaceable. You are a puppet that will be changed for a new one if you do not agree with us and do all as we say.

in 18 months i saw 43 changes in directors for 36 stores. That means they wear changing the store directors faster then you got to now your new team mates. I have seen and hear people telling me they were getting mentally and physically sick from they work environment. mostly because of the pressure they were getting from their superiors.

On average a director, like myself, was paid a fix rate 40 hours a week but worked 50 to 55 hrs a week. – less
fun
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: team dynamic
Fun place to work, training and career advancement availability
Good work life balance
Fraud and Security Analyst (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioOctober 22, 2014
Pros: work from home flexibility
Cons: outscourcing
Good place to work with a relaxed culture and good work life balance.
A fantastic Company
Technical Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
The days worked were great.
Learned about telecommunication
Great Management team
Great team players
Most enjoyabe part of the job the people and work
n/a
Business Client Care (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
It is a very good place to be. I work part-time which is why I am seeking other employment opportunities.
Working with others and Communication is key to enjoying work environment
communications-Senior sales consultant (Current Employee), edmonton,AlbertaOctober 9, 2014
Learn the processes of making sales,relating to customers, consulting and getting issues resolved to the best of my knowledge.

Management are very understanding and are there in most senarios for assistance

Co workers are great ,friendly, and fun to be around

the hardest part of my jobs at times is leaving

The most enjoyable part of my job is mainly – more... meeting my customers and what i do make them happy – less
Good.
Java Developer (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 9, 2014
Not sure why need review here. I don't want post review for my previous company here.
Very Productive, relaxed atmosphere, great work-life balance, an awesome place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: work from home regularly
Cons: you have to pay for parking in the downtown core.
Daily processing a high volume of payroll changes for all of HHS employees (Approx. 1200). Continuous interaction with team members/clients, engaging in the enhancement of department work flow to ensure customer satisfaction.

I enjoy coming to work, working as part of a team, speaking the same language. There is a lot of work so it makes me want to – more... come in. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS

Telus is a national telecommunications company in Canada that provides a wide range of communications products and services including – Read more