POSTING NO.: ESSF 1063
AFFILIATION: CSU 52
TITLE: SPECIAL EXHIBIT ATTENDANT (Up to 5 positions)
TEMPORARY PART-TIME (Until April 30, 2014)
Under the direction of the Manager, Visitor Services/House Manager or their designate and through the TELUS World of Science - Edmonton Visitor Services area, the Special Exhibit Attendant has primary responsibility to ensure visitors receive a positive experience in the Special Exhibit area.
The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to maintain a presence in the exhibit and to ensure visitors have the correct admission ticket, to uphold the rules of the exhibit, to assist with crowd control ensuring the gallery does not exceed capacity, and to provide a high level of customer service at all times. The incumbent must answer all inquiries about the facility and programs in a friendly & accurate manner. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure the exhibit cases are kept clean and to report any repairs that might be necessary. This individual demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, patience, attention to detail and communications skills. The incumbent will perform their duties with little/minimal supervision.
DUTIES: The Special Exhibit Attendant reports directly to the Manager, Visitor Services, House Manager or their designate. The Special Exhibit Attendant will perform specific duties related to the Special Exhibit.
- Monitor the exhibit entrance – ensuring each visitor has the correct timed admission ticket and allowing entry.
- Monitor the exhibit gallery to ensure the rules of the exhibit are being upheld and that the exhibit gallery does not exceed capacity. Will be in contact with the House Manager to provide updates on the queuing of visitors and the progress of the timed entries.
- Report any necessary repairs to the House Manager.
- Visitor Inquiries - Understanding the major aspects of the facility in order to answer “basic” guest questions and logistic related questions related to the exhibit; referring more difficult questions to the House Manager for handling. Direct exhibit content related questions to the content information specialists in the gallery.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of all related policies/procedures for the facility as well as the exhibit.
- Housekeeping – General cleaning as required.
- Visitor Handling - Assisting the House Manager in directing or controlling guests in an emergency situation. Understanding and following all emergency procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as required
Note: A security Clearance Check is a condition of employment for successful candidates. Must be completed prior to commencement of work and is the financial responsibility of the candidate.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eye for detail
Education and Experience:
- Previous crowd control experience desirable
- High school diploma
- Customer service experience
SALARY: $12.41-$15.98 per hour as per the 2013 Collective Agreement
HOURS OF WORK: Must be available, Weekdays, Evenings & Weekends including Holidays
15-30 hours per week based on operational needs
OPENING DATE: March 3, 2014
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2014
APPLY TO: TELUS World of Science – Edmonton
11211 142 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 4A1
Attention: Human Resources
When applying please quote posting number and availability. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.