TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Supportive environment overall
Data Network Support Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
Pretty good place to work, but a lot of politics get in the way of the day to day operation. manager assigned could make or break the experience.
Productive place to work, with billiards table.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Game Room, Quiet TV Room
Amazing environment to work where all the staff are there to help and they provide the necessary tools for an employee to advance as well to problem solve.
A typical day at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
Productive learning environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Unpredictable Scheduling
Being at TELUS for the past year, I have learned how to work in a group of various backgrounds and opinions with professionalism. I have also been provided with the confidence to voice my questions and concerns about any work related areas. The hardest part of my job will be overcoming objections with different clients and speaking about all products we carry that will benefit them. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with clients and customers and assisting them in anything they may need.
High paced, result driven enviroment
Client Service Manager II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Flexiable work enviroment inncluding work from home option
Cons: Long hours. 24/7 availability is a common requirement for management positions
The organization has extremely high demands of its employees and you have to be willing to put in a hard days work for decent pay. The environment is in a constant state of change so adaptable to ambiguity is a must. Overall the TELUS team is a highly motivated and skilled group of individuals that are great to work with.
“Great place to work ”
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement, great life/work balance.
Cons: As a big company, it is a pretty conservative culture. There is no entrepreneurial culture, and much of the work is heavily segmented.
Work from home policy is beneficial for work life balance.Great co-workers and support system at work. Great Benefits. Awesome compensation.
Great Company To Work For
Client Care Representative IV (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Micro Managers
No complaints. Just ended up starting my own business.
We were always treated with respect and our opinions were taken into consideration at all times. For such a large company they could implement new things fairly quickly.
Private Contractor
Private Contractor (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Job had it's ups and downs, dealt with customer's from across North America, had to also deal with vendors on the phone which wasn't so much fun, but the overall work and experience was great.
enjoyed working at telus
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: love the work and compensation
Cons: poorly managed
Field inbound phone calls from start to finish of shift. trouble shoot issues callers would have and try to upsell all calls, try to meet and exceed sales quotas
Terrible place
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Agents are misinformed about products and mislead about advancement. poor services and poor pay. management needs to be changed
Great Company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Telus Calgary SESeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, lots of training, lots of supports from management
Cons: Rotating Shift work weeks
Telus was a great company to work for and had great benefits with amazing pay. The Shifts were on a 12 week rotation so your shifts were constantly changing on a weekly basis.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great team environment. Positive group of people. Unfortunate that the store had to close down due to a decision made by Telus.
A good workplace culture...
Implementation Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Management encourages employees to be creative in seeking solution to solving problem...a positive. Also, an environment where employees are at liberty to improve relationship with their clients/customers.
inbound customer service (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: customer complaints
Answered all customer inquiers reviewed billing placed orders for new services Ansered all customer concerns described services available also quoted costs of services and installation costs
Amazing times
Business Analyst II (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Analyze sales and compensation data across various B2B sales channels and forecast trends and challenges, and ensuring the sales incentive plan efficacy.
Recommend and implement changes to the corporate sales incentive plan and lead the negotiations with the sales management to ensure compensation is adapted to sales realities and incentivizes desired behaviors.
Great Work Culture and Benefits
Sales Specialist Manager - Unified Communications (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2015
TELUS provided me with many great opportunities to learn new skills and gain experience within the enterprise environment. There was no such thing as a typical workday. Much of my time was used building relationships with my clients, partners and internal TELUS resources. When trust in my knowledge and abilities were established, I was well positioned to assist my clients in building UC solutions. My responsibility in this regard was to manage the client and TELUS resources to build and price solutions. I worked with many different lines of business and teams to create UC solutions that would meet the needs of my client's business.

Through TELUS’ Work Styles program I had great flexibility in how, where and when I worked. As a mobile worker I had the ability to meet with clients anywhere or perform work functions from TELUS offices and at home.
Start at 8am a brief meeting in the morning and away we went to continue our job duties
Assist hearing (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 14, 2015
This company was a very good company to work for. It provided me with growth, knowledge and experience. The ability to change positions in this company was of benefit which allowed me to meet and work with various types of personality. There was a lot of chages with Telus and its ownership however I believe change is good.
review
Client Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: management
working at telus was great! the only thing i would have loved to change is the management and how everyone was all about favourites.
Some Good, Some Bad
Implementation Manger (Former Employee), VancouverSeptember 9, 2015
Interesting place to work. Some areas have very strong management and others not as strong. High expectations to put in extra time at the end of every day because the place is understaffed in so many areas.

If you land a good leader TELUS can be great if not good luck. make sure you ask others about who you will be working for
Payroll Technician (Former Employee), Saanichton, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Telus Communications has a warm environment that allows for diversity in the work place.

Good performance results in good reviews which result in better pay and bonus.
Headquarters