TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Transparency
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Not transparent and keep on cutting benefits. Work environment is very relaxed at Scarborough location. Management is very relaxed.
Pros
work from home, year end bonus, device discount
Cons
Not transparent
Enjoyable team oriented environment that gives personal training everyday.
Customer Solutions Expert (Door to Door Sales) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 9, 2015
Honestly I haven't been content with going to work until I got a chance to try my hand with sales.

This opportunity with Up Stat and Customer solutions with Telus has given me the edge I need with my communication and sales skills I need to craft my future in business.

Overall the support for my team has been phenomenal and a catalyst to my personal growth.
Pros
Flexibility to produce income
Cons
Long hours that take up most of the day
Great Training.
Spécialiste Fidélisation et Rétention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
In depth training is given for several months. The company is very Customer Oriented. High expectations for quality of customer service. Many metrics to meet on a monthly basis. Selective process for hiring and aptitude tests. Must be fully bilingual.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Stressful Workplace
Great job, tough lifestyle
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
Door to door sales is tough for obvious reasons.

The culture is fantastic, the benefits are great if you're great, and the people that work there are fantastic.

However, personal life takes a drastic hit.
Pros
Money & people
Cons
Wednesday - Sunday work days. Travelling a lot.
Fast paced excellent on-the job training, develops customer service skills
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
Fast-paced work environment, high standard of customer service to assist variety of clientele. Enjoy helping people with smartphone and network related issues. After over 8 years of nights and weekend work, I am looking to work during the day and spend evenings with my young daughter. Decent amount of office politics but this is expected for a big company
Pros
discount on services and products
Cons
shift and weekend work
Productive and state-of-the-art office
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Telus has build high performance sales and IT teams which are aligned to work hard for it's clients business goals and always strive to improve it's bottom line.
Pros
Employee centric company
Cons
Can't really think of
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work, with supportive management, and great co workers. would recommend to any student looking for a job
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 24, 2015
Good job security. They have a sneaky way of restructuring the company. They would find every reason to terminate an employee if they know a department is closing and they don't want to pay that employee out or pay them more by moving them to other departments. Overall it is a good company to work for and the pay is good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very strict work life. Not much life balance
Supportive environment overall
Data Network Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
Pretty good place to work, but a lot of politics get in the way of the day to day operation. manager assigned could make or break the experience.
Productive place to work, with billiards table.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 21, 2015
Amazing environment to work where all the staff are there to help and they provide the necessary tools for an employee to advance as well to problem solve.
Pros
Game Room, Quiet TV Room
A typical day at work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
Productive learning environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 14, 2015
Being at TELUS for the past year, I have learned how to work in a group of various backgrounds and opinions with professionalism. I have also been provided with the confidence to voice my questions and concerns about any work related areas. The hardest part of my job will be overcoming objections with different clients and speaking about all products we carry that will benefit them. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with clients and customers and assisting them in anything they may need.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable Scheduling
High paced, result driven enviroment
Client Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
The organization has extremely high demands of its employees and you have to be willing to put in a hard days work for decent pay. The environment is in a constant state of change so adaptable to ambiguity is a must. Overall the TELUS team is a highly motivated and skilled group of individuals that are great to work with.
Pros
Flexiable work enviroment inncluding work from home option
Cons
Long hours. 24/7 availability is a common requirement for management positions
“Great place to work ”
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
Work from home policy is beneficial for work life balance.Great co-workers and support system at work. Great Benefits. Awesome compensation.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, great life/work balance.
Cons
As a big company, it is a pretty conservative culture. There is no entrepreneurial culture, and much of the work is heavily segmented.
Great Company To Work For
Client Care Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 1, 2015
No complaints. Just ended up starting my own business.
We were always treated with respect and our opinions were taken into consideration at all times. For such a large company they could implement new things fairly quickly.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Micro Managers
Private Contractor
Private Contractor (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Job had it's ups and downs, dealt with customer's from across North America, had to also deal with vendors on the phone which wasn't so much fun, but the overall work and experience was great.
enjoyed working at telus
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Field inbound phone calls from start to finish of shift. trouble shoot issues callers would have and try to upsell all calls, try to meet and exceed sales quotas
Pros
love the work and compensation
Cons
poorly managed
Terrible place
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Agents are misinformed about products and mislead about advancement. poor services and poor pay. management needs to be changed
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Telus Calgary SESeptember 24, 2015
Telus was a great company to work for and had great benefits with amazing pay. The Shifts were on a 12 week rotation so your shifts were constantly changing on a weekly basis.
Pros
Great Pay, lots of training, lots of supports from management
Cons
Rotating Shift work weeks
Enjoyable
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Great team environment. Positive group of people. Unfortunate that the store had to close down due to a decision made by Telus.