TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Dynamic and intense environment.
Manager, Westshore Town Centre (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2016
Great company overall. Corporate environment definitely differs from smaller franchises but both had their pros and cons.

Preferred the smaller entities as there was greater accountability compared to a behemoth with over 40 thousand employees.
Productive workplace
Channel Care Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2016
I've been with TELUS for 3 years now and in this time I have gained an extensive amount of knowledge pertaining to our Channel partners and their processes and procedures. I have also learned how to easily adapt to change and also focus on creating the best customer experience possible. I have a passion to succeed and have excellent communication skills that I have learned over the years collaborating with my peers, supporting our Channel Partners (Dealers, Corporate Stores, and Retailers), and speaking directly with clients when handling escalations that aren’t able to be resolved at store level.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB1 June 2016
The environment that I worked in was awesome, the management was great to work for

I learnt a lot about the different phones, and the different phone plans
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 April 2016
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Pros
free living and transportation
Cons
arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
Loyalty department
Loyalty department (Current Employee) –  toronto24 April 2015
I've worked at telus for multiple years & salary is low for what anyone does for this company.Also I referred a friend with an out standing resume and great indepth knowledge of all divisions & no one even called him.

I would advise senior management to have your recruiting department do a better job at selecting candidates for postions.I think telus is losing strong ( individuals ) because they only seem to promote or hire from within. Search the Market for candidates that can make telus strong & a better over all profitable company.

Also if you pay your employees a decent highly competitive wage then you employees will work harder.Don't be scared to teach newer employees or newly hired employees because this can benefit telus.

I find companies don't want to teach employees any more and then they wonder why companies are failing or going bank rupt.

The system wont change unless we change it.
benefits
Cons
Not hiring out side people, low wage, and not growth within the company.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2016
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Pros
benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons
None I can think of
Very dynamic and fulfilling
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 January 2016
TELUS is one of the best employers indeed. You will develop a solid foundation as a TELUS team member and have the tools to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
Pros
Workstyle, training, and benefits.
Cons
Great company to work for, even as a contractor
Consulting Telecommunications Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2016
Very well designed business management and operations. Minimum stand down time, complemented by a steady and continuous work load.
Pros
Simple process recording work hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Customer Service Agent for Telus.

I took calls from clients and maintained a happy and pleasant voice at all times. I worked with customers who were trying to pay bills, update account information, or cancel services.
Fun evnrionment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
I lead a team of sales representatives in order to meet weekly goals.
Co-workers where friendly and fun to work with. I really liked the environment
Well run and operated
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2016
This company has good direction with well managed departments. I appreciated the support from management especially during critical equipment failures.
productive and fun
Sales / Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2016
Its very fun work place and the people are great to work with, I had quiet good time and made some great people and company through this job. but time to move on into the next big thing.
Telus Manager
Manager, Customer Solutions Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 October 2016
The job entailed team building and teaching solution selling. The hours are full time with a team of 20 and three managers. Co workers are superstar young staff
Clean &green
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2016
I loved working for this company dew to I worked hard and meat new people . I Loved working heard 5 days a week . the hours were great . the pay was not to bad .
Pros
great hours
Cons
not enough pay
A Culture of High Achievers
Technical Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 March 2016
A very professional and place to work where you are afforded every opportunity to progress. The culture at TELUS is very inclusive and very respectful, a really good place to work.
Good Working Experience
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 November 2016
Good Working Experience at Telus, Its short term contract , Looking forward working with this client moving further if they needed
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
na
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 September 2016
good company to work for. Really good pay, people at Telus are friendly and like to help each other. The pension there is the best. The reason I would like to move is to get more office hours.