TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Great culture and environment
Client Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada, BC22 November 2016
Great company to learn and grow from. A lot of room to learn and get educated each role. Telus provides a lot of flexibility with life and work balance which create a stress free environment to work.
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.
The culture was good
Channel Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 January 2017
A typical work day would involve helping clients manage their accounts.

I learned data handling skills during my time at this job.

The job was contract based to there was no real position to advance to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues in the same position.
Productive and fun place to work with good energy and people surrounding it
Chinese Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby1 October 2015
- High energy work place
- Supportive management
- Awesome work life balance
- Company engagement on point and always involved with their employees
- Plenty of benefits even for part time
- No OT cap
- Decent amount of red tape and politics
- Hard to jump silos , always have to move into managerial training role before going into different departments
fun exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2016
working for telus was awesome i loved being three and around the people in management and also my team in red deer. unfortunately i was forced to leave due to the hours we had to work which were 12-830 PM everyday which was conflicting with my hockey at night, there were very understanding and would allow me to leave early but that obviously came at a salary cut due to the straight commission based salary.
Pros
goal driven, free lunch or money bonus
Cons
hours of operation didn't fit into lifestyle
Productive and fin place to work
Customer Service/ Sales Rep - Part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Managers are usually friendly and fun to work. Perks and benefits are good. You gets hands on latest phones, chilled work environment
Pros
Good company
Cons
Recent compensation sucks
Fun workplace
Customer Service & Sales II (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 April 2016
A typical day at TELUS was fun. They always had some sort of monthly competition and you could win prizes. My co-workers were great, for the most part. The only thing that I would say I didn't like were the hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference with customers. The hardest part was not being able to work at an earlier time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic hours/no work/life balance
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 April 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons
A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
Dynamic and intense environment.
Manager, Westshore Town Centre (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2016
Great company overall. Corporate environment definitely differs from smaller franchises but both had their pros and cons.

Preferred the smaller entities as there was greater accountability compared to a behemoth with over 40 thousand employees.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 February 2016
Overall had a great work experience with the company and its employees. Felt like there was no more room for growth/advancement and no longer felt challenged or engaged.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
great place to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2017
good place to work for. nice friendly staff. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry. thr job is hard to start out at first but will get easier over time.
Pros
well paid
Cons
not able to advance with in the company
Good company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Telus does a great job of making their employees feel welcome. They are probably the most client focused of the 'Big Three' telecom companies, and as such there is sell of a focus on selling, and more of a focus of giving great service and retaining clients.
Good Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst I (Finance Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2016
Great work life balance.
Best company for working mothers as they allow work from home 3 days a week.

Management is good and motivating.
Pros
good work life balance
Fun evnrionment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
I lead a team of sales representatives in order to meet weekly goals.
Co-workers where friendly and fun to work with. I really liked the environment
Amazing company to work for in every aspect
Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 April 2016
- a typical day at work would include a "huddle" (meeting) at the beginning of each day , talking to customers and educating them on the services, setting up installation dates, checking address availability, solving issues addressed, completing tasks sent by "Order Entry," lunch break, selling services.

- I learned to multitask under pressure, how to deal with customers over the phone in a professional manner, book customers and sell products, gain knowledge on Telus TV, Phone and Internet services, learn about new changes within the company extremely fast as it was constantly changing.

- Management was amazing! They made sure to make us feel like we could be ourselves and be comfortable as long as we did our job and achieved the goals they set for us as individuals and as a team. They taught us to build each other up and acknowledged everything that went on, especially the good.

- Coworkers worked extremely hard. We were all a family but we worked everyday in "competition" to get us more focused on reaching our goals. Everyone was so sweet and caring and I still consider them my family.

-Nothing was hard about this job. The people and the environment made everything great,

- Working with a team we called Family.
Loyalty department
Loyalty department (Current Employee) –  toronto24 April 2015
I've worked at telus for multiple years & salary is low for what anyone does for this company.Also I referred a friend with an out standing resume and great indepth knowledge of all divisions & no one even called him.

I would advise senior management to have your recruiting department do a better job at selecting candidates for postions.I think telus is losing strong ( individuals ) because they only seem to promote or hire from within. Search the Market for candidates that can make telus strong & a better over all profitable company.

Also if you pay your employees a decent highly competitive wage then you employees will work harder.Don't be scared to teach newer employees or newly hired employees because this can benefit telus.

I find companies don't want to teach employees any more and then they wonder why companies are failing or going bank rupt.

The system wont change unless we change it.
benefits
Cons
Not hiring out side people, low wage, and not growth within the company.
Good
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 March 2016
Great company lots of room for advancement, poor work life balance relating to shift work poor hours/days off. Aside from this great company to work for
Good Work life balance
Service Delivery Specialit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Good Work life balance. Managers were better than most other places I have worked. If I had any complaint, it was that the company is slow in implementing changes.
“Great place to work ”
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2015
Work from home policy is beneficial for work life balance.Great co-workers and support system at work. Great Benefits. Awesome compensation.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, great life/work balance.
Cons
As a big company, it is a pretty conservative culture. There is no entrepreneurial culture, and much of the work is heavily segmented.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location