TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

A typical TELCO
CSM, TELUS Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Overall no better or worse than the next TELCO.
Middle management appears to be restructured on an annual basis.. little room for upward mobility as the senior management is directly connected to the CEO /President
Pros
solid company with good shareholder growth
Cons
Shareholders first.. management second.. employees at bottom of the list
Good company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Telus does a great job of making their employees feel welcome. They are probably the most client focused of the 'Big Three' telecom companies, and as such there is sell of a focus on selling, and more of a focus of giving great service and retaining clients.
Good place to work for.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Work was sometimes hectic but I got to learn a lot. The co-workers were nice and friendly and the project manger was good. Work load was more but still had fun.
great benefits
Corporate Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Great benefits. Strong focus on putting clients first. Too much offshoring now. Keep jobs in Canada. Need to invest more in employees. More focus needed for Leadership Development program.
Pros
pension plan, benefits
Cons
sub par management
Not unlike any telco
Darren's slave (Current Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
My experience with Telus is very close to that at Bell Canada.
1. Great manager
2. Great director
3. Good coworkers (some not so much)
4. Interesting projects
5. Ample opportunities to learn

The downside is there is too much work and not enough people. I liken to trying to squeeze blood from a stone. There are constant reorganizations (Bell was not like this) which creates confusion, chaos, introduces new people and is not congruent with delivering exceptional customer service. I'm not sure if the end goal is outsource every piece of work to India or what. That appears to be what "executive management" is working towards.

Some within Telus still have jobs despite their gross incompetence. That shocks me. I expect that in government.

Again, everyone's experience is different based on their department and manager. I have been fortunate to work for a manager that cares.
Pros
Lots of interesting work
Cons
Too much work
telus
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC4 January 2017
Telus is focusing of more outsourcing their business than doing anything else, lots of onshore voluntary retirement was offered in last few years.

The prospect in Montreal for TELUS career is very limited and based on nepotism. One's educational background and interest for a certain position along with Key Performance Indicators are highly ignored.
Working at Telus
sales and service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Telus provides excellent training and comfortable work environment.
A good benefits package and great vacation time.

A large turn around with front line workers and management.
Constant changes in procedures and policies are a negative for me.

An option to work from home a big plus ,

Overall it has been a great experience and I was able to work with some great people.
Pros
Telus provides excellent training and comfortable work environment.
Cons
A large turn around with front line workers and management.
Good Place
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Telus is a good place to work, it is one of the top company that pays for the service, it is also unionize and makes it an equality for all employee and management
Pretty nice place to be, with nice people, and good interactions
NSO (Network Support & Operations) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Pretty nice place to work. Good Management style, practicing the servant leadership, always ready to provide what you need to achieve the company's desired result.
Pros
Good Leadership style
Cons
Hard work schedule
Creative and stimulating workplace
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
Mobile work style .

Flexible starting/ending times as long as you complete your required working hours per day.

Autonomous and self monitoring team yet but under the supervision of the manager providing guidance and help where required.(This may vary from one unit to another though)

The most enjoyable part of the job is the end to end ownership structure that allows you to navigate and interact with various players , thus understanding the need of the end customer as well as the challenges of your suppliers. You develop technical,analytical and customer service skills along the line.

The relatively difficult part is related to the high reliance on virtual communication tools which slow the development of relationship internally between the different departments /team members.
Pros
Flexibility, great work /life balance part of the company's policy
Good place to learn
Marketing Specialist - Billing Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Management really takes the time to train their employees to ensure that they will be successful in their new role. After training plenty of support still available
Telus
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 December 2016
Good company to work for. When I started it was great but by the end of the 4 years the sales targets became too much pressure. Overall it was ok working for this company.
Pros
job security
Cons
too many sales targets
Don't have a close relative die
Client Account Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 December 2016
My grandmother passed away one month into my employment with Telus. I was a contract worker on a 6 month contract, we were not allowed any time off. I had to miss being at my grandmothers bedside when she died, so I could hopefully gain full time employment. My manager had no sympathy and no understanding,
Pros
Great wage/benefits
Cons
Contract workers are at the mercy of their manager
not for front line customer care work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
the company used to be amazing, and i'm sure it depends on what department you work for so this is pertaining customer care and client facing teams.
over the last decade however they have cut fun extras, increased rates for insurance while removing more of what's covered within the insurance, there is almost no work life balance with vacation days being blocked off and managers being told NOT to make exceptions as well as scheduling being a disaster and with employees who take calls being pressured to take more calls in quicker succession, with more and harsher punishments if the company's idea of " ideals" is not being met. there is little to no advancement as openings for other departments are not considered seriously for those applying from client facing teams, and managers that are being hired seem to be only a small step up from used car salesmen both in competence and morals. this is a great place if you want to pass through, a student perhaps looking for something part time. but NOT for a career.
Pros
the pay is considered the highest in the industry
Cons
pretty much every thing else.
Excellent comany to work for. Tier 1 organization with excellent benefits, great people while mantaining a work life balance.
Manager Planning and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Tier 1 organization where culture of believing in team members success is the number one contributor to the continued success of the organization.
Progressive Culture
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
Loved working at TELUS. Progressive & positive work environment. They treat employees fairly. Continuous improvement focus.
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Customer Service Agent for Telus.

I took calls from clients and maintained a happy and pleasant voice at all times. I worked with customers who were trying to pay bills, update account information, or cancel services.
Good atmosphere
Telecom Programmer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Excellent work place environment
- great facilities and work perks
- manageable work load
- Easy to use applications
- good management
- good work life balance
Telus job experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
The typical day at work is for people who are determined to make the sales. Many of our co workers had to take the bus.I also learned how to socialize with different kinds of people and different behaviours. The management strategies were quite effective. The manager also would make us wear dress shirts and a tie. My Co-workers were very kind and helpful, whenever there was problems they would assist. And the hardest part of the job was selling to people door to door, The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside all the time and working as a team
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Gets really hot
good experience
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
nice group of guys to work with, management is good they set you up with the right tools to succeed. good experience as a stepping stone to a brighter future in Telecommunications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.