TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Telus Summary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2016
A hard job that requires your attention almost 24/7 while at the job as it is very busy. Management is a nice and come in to see how everything is running. Co-workers are always what keep you at the job and coming back.
Too many changes makes it hard to recommend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 June 2016
When I started working for Telus last year things were great, the pay was great, the people were great, the environment was positive. Great!

But month after month things started going further downhill.

First of all, they removed the store manager from his position before finding a replacement, it has been 3 months without any real store manager (they just got someone last week who they are training).

Secondly, they restructured the way commissions work, cutting my personal take home by about 40%. What really sucks about this structure is that if someone else does something wrong on the team, I am the one who is financially penalized.

Third, we keep getting told that if our numbers don't improve as a store then everyone will be fired and replaced ( not exactly a great motivator). Its funny, because the majority of us are hitting the goals that we are given but as we don't have a real leader in the store, we don't get the consistency to know what to improve on.

Fourth, for such a large company, they tend to avoid discussing advancement opportunities - when we bring it up we get a generic "there are opportunities to advance" but no real direction on how to get there or even what is out there.

Finally, the only real positive I can say right now, is that I don't have to take home work with me which is nice so I can go home to my family and switch off.
Pros
Great co-workers, not taking work home with me.
Cons
poor management decisions, terrible pay structure, no advancement
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB1 June 2016
The environment that I worked in was awesome, the management was great to work for

I learnt a lot about the different phones, and the different phone plans
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
Challenging work enviroment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
Enjoyed the Team work environment and having to learn in order to
know the industry was very enjoyable. Customer Service was by far the most challenging yet the most rewarding.
Pros
Fun Work Enviroment, Always Learning
Cons
Not enough Support
High stressful job Fast pasted environment Tied to desk
Customer Service Representative Small Business (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 May 2016
Peers are great and always willing to assist. Fast pasted environment. clients can be a bit challenging. Managers are constantly looking for ways to discipline. High stressful job.
Pros
Great pears competitive pay. Unionized enviroment
Cons
Unreasonable Metrics. always offering packages do to outsourcing call center jobs overseas
Exciting work environment, ability to advance quickly & meet new people everyday.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
i enjoyed working with Telus. The whole work environment was very exciting and fast paced. Driving was a part of the routine. I learned how to encourage a sale through what a consumer would say about their current product. I was very successful with the company and had a great time while i was there.
Pros
many contests and great people to work with
Cons
long hours.
Very outgoing and fun!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2016
Very fun always moving and learning, good team environment and get lots of customer experience! Learn how to pitch to people and help people get the best of there money!
Productive workplace
Channel Care Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2016
I've been with TELUS for 3 years now and in this time I have gained an extensive amount of knowledge pertaining to our Channel partners and their processes and procedures. I have also learned how to easily adapt to change and also focus on creating the best customer experience possible. I have a passion to succeed and have excellent communication skills that I have learned over the years collaborating with my peers, supporting our Channel Partners (Dealers, Corporate Stores, and Retailers), and speaking directly with clients when handling escalations that aren’t able to be resolved at store level.
Conducive and open work environment with Foosball table.
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 May 2016
I find TELUS a great work culture and conducive environment. Well organised in almost all project deliverable. Your ideas are accepted and promoted with open heart.
Telus provide excellent work life balance
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 May 2016
Telus provide flexible work life balance which is great.
A person can explore various departments. All departments rely on each other so there is excellent communication among people.
There is no work security there which is negative.
The management can be friendly and helpful. It varies from individual to individual.
The salary and benefits are lesser than other TELECOM Companies.
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 May 2016
• As a Customer Service Representative, I was working in an inbound contact center dedicated to client account inquiries and sales support for TELUS customers. Some of my responsibilities included; reviewing requests from client and/or sales for telecom products and services, review, identify and follow-up on incomplete service requests and/or requirements, explain and discuss billing details, monitor and follow up on accounts with due dates in jeopardy, update account related documentation and initiate correspondence accordingly. On each call; sale opportunities must be identified in order to retain and enhance the customer relationship through up-selling/cross-selling
Very good product, very poor treatment
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2016
the general word on the street is that telus does not treat its customers that great, not bad, but not great. well be that as it may, they treat their employees a whole lot worse, at least in edmonton and when i was there...wow almost a decade ago....well perhaps they have gotten better but, well, i dont really care so moving on.
Well run and operated
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2016
This company has good direction with well managed departments. I appreciated the support from management especially during critical equipment failures.
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
Great place to build and acquire skills
Team Manager (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 May 2016
TELUS invests greatly in its employees. Good place to expand on your business acumen as well as learning about Organizational Development and Communication.
Good culture within the company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough9 May 2016
Overall, the company has a good culture. Like other corporations, they're asking everyone to do more with less, unfortunately that only lasts so long, it is the nature of the industry
Pros
work styles
Cons
politics
Client Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 May 2016
Telus is a wonderful company to work for. The transition from training to the floor was seamless. All the staff made the work environment quite enjoyable.
Productive and Fun work place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 May 2016
The organization has a good work/life balance and the management is cooperative and takes initiatives for employee welfare. Team members are amazing and supportive