TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Bad management
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Job wasn't too bad until new management came in. If you apply be prepared for a very strict environment. However most reps aren't bad to work with
Collaborative and Progressive Work Environment
CONTRACT PARALEGAL, REAL ESTATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I was exposed to all other aspects of retail leasing including procurement, construction and operations. The environment is positive and helpful.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
none!
Friendly environment
Customer Systems Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Co-workers are nice and a friendly working environment. Lots of processes to follow. Flexible work hours. Very slow to adapt to the changing market
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Too many processes
Great Environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Wonderful team and exceptional training. I learned a lot about satisfying every unique customer.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Director, Systems for Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Telus had a very progressive culture and provided an excellent environment for career progression. Management was very competent and educated in the key areas of business and technology.
sales
CORPORATE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2016
This company seems to go through a restructure almost every year.
Management drives their employees hard with little appreciation
BI and IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
TELUS is a great place with good work life balance. Well understanding senior management and supportive. Pay could be better. Training and career progress could be better as well.
Great culture and values
Sr Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Fantastic place to work, great location, and supportive leadership. Too many re-orgs result in ambiguous roles and responsibilities which in turn impact productivity.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Pros
benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons
None I can think of
Monitoring all of Telus Internet Data Centers For Managed Customers (MITS).
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
My team monitors, makes requested changes, makes sure servers are up and running 24/7/365. Most coworkers are newer and less qualified so I try to help them as much as I can, but our team is lacking head-count due to Re-organizations, which has put a heavy strain/OT on our team.
Pros
3x12.5 work week
Cons
Headcount due to re-org has us falling behind a little.
no advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
If you get hired part time, you will not get promoted to full time, no matter how many times you apply, express interest, exceed targets etc..
No advancement always hire outside company
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
Good company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Good company, offers year-end bonus and share purchase plan as well as work from home work style. Currently company is going through restructuring and eliminating some positions.
Pros
bonus, shares, work from home
Cons
director, team management is not that pleasant
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership. The leadership only really cares about being Yes men to CEO and shareholders. Company is very innovative, but difficult place to work in. My co-workers were wonderful but felt the same frustrations with leadership that I did
Very Fast Paced environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Changes happening every month, Have to stay on top of all changes, Managers Micromanage you, Lots of stats you have to reach
Amazing people to work with, great commission pay
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 26, 2016
great place to work if you enjoy helping people. not only do you sell phone but you have different scenario's with every customer, keeps you busy.
working with my peers on projects is a very rewarding experience
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 19, 2016
my work on a day to day basis, consisted of upgrading and migrating clients to other domains. Troubleshooting is an ongoing daily task. Working on projects for new environments as well as communicating with external clients regarding fixing hardware and upgrading firmware.
Amazing Experience
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
I love my job at Telus and the people I work with, this job gives me the freedom to work on my own as well as part of a team which I thoroughly enjoy. There is always something new to learn here, every day is different which I really like because I am always learning new things and growing in my position. I get along with my every single one of my co-workers and feel very lucky to consider them my friends and not just people I work with, it makes coming to work everyday very easy.
advancement, salary and benefits are excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 16, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my work experience, training and friends I made. Love the room for advancement and promotions. Knowledgeable staff a treat to work with.
Pros
fitness centre, training, sales campaigns
Very dynamic and fulfilling
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2016
TELUS is one of the best employers indeed. You will develop a solid foundation as a TELUS team member and have the tools to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
Pros
Workstyle, training, and benefits.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location