TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyed the work and people
Telecommunications Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
No two days were the same. Lots of desk work, and I now like to be away from the desk part time. I had a supportive manager. I liked the work and liked the people.
Horrible employer
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 4, 2016
A pale shadow of what once was. Greedy shareholders and a failure to implement new R&D have left them on life support. Miserly, inflexible, and incompetent / disconnected upper management make this an employer to stay away from, or watch them very, very closely.
Technology Architect / Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work. Multi culture. Team work. Balance between work and life. Flexible work style. A lot of leaning opportunity. Different management style in different team.
Good Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst I (Finance Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great work life balance.
Best company for working mothers as they allow work from home 3 days a week.

Management is good and motivating.
Pros
good work life balance
Enjoyable Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Overall had a great work experience with the company and its employees. Felt like there was no more room for growth/advancement and no longer felt challenged or engaged.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Bad management
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Job wasn't too bad until new management came in. If you apply be prepared for a very strict environment. However most reps aren't bad to work with
Collaborative and Progressive Work Environment
CONTRACT PARALEGAL, REAL ESTATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I was exposed to all other aspects of retail leasing including procurement, construction and operations. The environment is positive and helpful.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
none!
Friendly environment
Customer Systems Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Co-workers are nice and a friendly working environment. Lots of processes to follow. Flexible work hours. Very slow to adapt to the changing market
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Too many processes
Great Environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Wonderful team and exceptional training. I learned a lot about satisfying every unique customer.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Director, Systems for Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Telus had a very progressive culture and provided an excellent environment for career progression. Management was very competent and educated in the key areas of business and technology.
sales
CORPORATE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2016
This company seems to go through a restructure almost every year.
Management drives their employees hard with little appreciation
BI and IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
TELUS is a great place with good work life balance. Well understanding senior management and supportive. Pay could be better. Training and career progress could be better as well.
Great culture and values
Sr Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Fantastic place to work, great location, and supportive leadership. Too many re-orgs result in ambiguous roles and responsibilities which in turn impact productivity.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Pros
benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons
None I can think of
Monitoring all of Telus Internet Data Centers For Managed Customers (MITS).
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
My team monitors, makes requested changes, makes sure servers are up and running 24/7/365. Most coworkers are newer and less qualified so I try to help them as much as I can, but our team is lacking head-count due to Re-organizations, which has put a heavy strain/OT on our team.
Pros
3x12.5 work week
Cons
Headcount due to re-org has us falling behind a little.
no advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
If you get hired part time, you will not get promoted to full time, no matter how many times you apply, express interest, exceed targets etc..
No advancement always hire outside company
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
Good company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Good company, offers year-end bonus and share purchase plan as well as work from home work style. Currently company is going through restructuring and eliminating some positions.
Pros
bonus, shares, work from home
Cons
director, team management is not that pleasant
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership. The leadership only really cares about being Yes men to CEO and shareholders. Company is very innovative, but difficult place to work in. My co-workers were wonderful but felt the same frustrations with leadership that I did

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location