TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

needs new management
Installation and Repair (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB28 July 2017
for what the company does for product i cant say anything bad.

i was a field tech job is easy. and pay is good.

management is terrible however. mine would force me to go to unsafe work environments that could have me killed. they micromanage to the point if your not moving after 30sec stuck at a red light your getting a call. company needs to fix the management and it does not just stop at first level. their view on people are worse then farmers view of cattle.

their training needs to be revamped so people have half a chance to grasp the idea they through out at them.
Pros
easy job once you figure it out. lots of outside work
Cons
managers, micromanaged, lots of time on the phone to fix stuff. poor safey training. lots of illegal activites for company
decent pay
APEX CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 July 2017
The rest part of working at telus would have to be the pay and phone discount. but it was very repetitive job and often times clients don't care.You are stuck in a chair all day and don't get to move around.
Best work life balance at a low pay
Market Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Opportunities for advancement internally are minimal, hiring managers show preference for external hires. In addition to countless layoffs in the recent years, the already low salaries have been frozen for 3 years (from 2016-2019). Do not expect a pay raise, even at the rate of inflation. But no company offers better work/life balance, with allowing you to work from home as often as you wish.
was a fun and active workplace but when it came down to pay there was a lot of mistakes made
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downtown Edmonton27 July 2017
A typical day at work was, showing up and going over role plays on how we approach and greet customers to tell them about our service, and then we would learn about what we did wrong and how to correct it, from there we would leave and go to a specific neighborhood and be split up to go door to door to tell customers about Telus fiber optics.. Management was a little rough on the new people but its because they wanted them to learn quickly and fully understand what they're going into, besides that workplace culture was very diverse and there was a lot of different faces. The hardest part about the job was getting rude responses from customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making friends.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary deductions
Great place to work, great environment and people to work with
NEMT Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC24 July 2017
I love Telus but Salary is not competitive according to the tax and expenses living in Quebec. I worked at Telus for almost 6 years and I don't regret one day working there because the place is amazing and fun. I would highly recommend to people who are not married and have no children yet as the schedule varies too much.
Good environment but favoritism exists with some managers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2017
I had an overall good experience at Telus. I learned a lot and had some good relationships. The salary is fair but I found it difficult to get promoted despite over performing. The work/life balance is very good with working from home on a regular basis. There was some favoritism in the workplace from some managers. Since it's a very large company, senior leadership has no idea who we are. Overall, I'm thankful for the opportunity that Telus gave me.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Favoritism with some managers
fun workplace
Loyalty & Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Telus is a service based company and its mission is satisfaction of customers. Telus is the best place to refine your commercial awareness, communication, time management , stress management and people oriented skills.Working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, organisation, integrity and strong work ethics are practiced on daily basis. Telus is a multicultural company and respects every individual ethnicity and background. Telus is fair with all the employees and accommodates their personal and organistional values. The most difficult part of the job is to meet the tight deadlines.
Interaction with clients, helping them solve their problems and having a good team on board is the best part of telus
Fun
Junior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 July 2017
Good company nice people good knoledge of tecnolgy
Good team to work with family orinted very fun job if your into dopr to door sales only reason i left is becuse im looking for indoor sales
Pros
Good team
Cons
Door to door sales
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2017
Great work/life balance. Company has many perks and people are very friendly and always there to offer any help necessary. A very positive work environment and lots of room for growth. The EA's are amazing people who work hard. I would recommend Telus to anyone who wants a positive work environment.
Pros
Workplace culture is friendly. Lots of room for growth, staff is great.
Cons
work well and you are treated well
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
overall a good place to work.

Unfortunately they are very money hungry and continually lay off employees to outsource which is frustrating. they pay is good but they corporate culture is one of micro managing,
Productive work place
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 July 2017
Pros
Excellent. Good communication. Helpful, good environment. Challenging but always willing to help with projects and sales. Open door policy with many meetings.
Cons
Wonderful problem of being too busy with expanding responsibilities and creating new business thru searches and referrals. Oversight is a lot but necessary.
Advice to Management
Continue to work to grow the co and thereby helping current employees and creating opportunities for growth..
Nice company, though no work-life balance
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Maybe I'm an exception, but in the business side I had very little work-life balance. My manager constantly asked me to work on Holidays and questioned why I didn't reply to various emails each weekend. The manager was probably "green" and trying to show off his new role to Directors, but it came out negatively on the team. Also, the manager in 1.5 years under his helm didn't take the team for drinks or lunch once - though the Director did it a couple times a year on an impromptu level. Also, worked as a contractor so pay was very good but unable to bill overtime.
Pros
Good contractor pay
Cons
Little room to move up
Awesome company to work for!
Business Analyst I (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 July 2017
TELUS is a great company to do a co-op work term! My team was great and very engaged, the culture at TELUS is awesome and there are many opportunities to move around in the company.
A Nice Place To Work For
Market Intelligence Analyst, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
If you are going to work for TELUS they have a lot of highly educated young professionals that work very hard. However the company tries to promote a work life balance that is sometimes not there/
Client Project Manager
Client Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 July 2017
 Supported intake and oversight of new residential and commercial build projects in new growth areas of BC and AB
 Ensured that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
great place to work
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 July 2017
best job ever. work alone and are left alone as long as you do your job properly. great teammates. management has your back. need to work in all weather conditions. lots to learn if your new, but they'll train you well.
Lots of potential
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
Pros
Fun, intelligent colleagues
The convenience of work from home options.
The culture is a lot of fun, and you'll have the opportunity to work with a number of driven, high performing people who love to share their knowledge.

Cons
'Work from home' often means you are expected to be there 24/ 7.
Management can be somewhat short sighted.
Salary is so-so: benefits are continually being reduced, longer-term employees often talk about salary and benefits being a lot better than they are now.

Some teams are amazing, some have a very 'boys club' feel - it depends on where you end up.
not so bad
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
It is a great place to work. there is room for advancement. leaders are helpful and encourage you and endorse you for positions if qualifies. self discipline and ownership of your career is required.
Job being outsourced in phillipines/guatemala
Helpdesk Specialist / Floor Coach / Acting Trainer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 June 2017
This job requires continuous working.

You have 2 breaks 1 lunch, if you have an emergency you cannot leave, you cannot go to the washroom if in need you have to wait till your lunch or break or else you get a warning and or get terminated.

In Montreal TELUS is working on outsourcing all these customer rep jobs to overseas and are using Montreal to teach and share knowledge and experience with offshore agents.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Lack of stability, unacceptable rules.
Productive and fun environment
Senior Technology Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
Overall experience is good. Did learn service providers network, did learn about the fibre network. Friendly co-workers, in general management was good except few thought they know everything and treated badly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.