TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CalgaryApril 1, 2016
This is a fun filled environment with great colleges. Day to day is filled with challenges but reward by brain storming solutions.
Pros
Manage my own time
Cons
Too many meetings that may nit be needed
Highly recommended company
Loyalty & Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Over all Telus communciations is a great company to work for. Management work hard to help their employees move within the company as well take time and effort to progress and benefit everyone.
I can Manage a Team and Sell myself as well :)
Outbound Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
I managed 3 Vendor Team's for Telus and now I work Broad Connect Telecom selling Bus Phone's & Bus Internet to Business Customer's.
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work but am having a hard time advancing my career. Have enjoyed my career at TELUS and would more than welcome advancing my career.
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 17, 2016
Telus has shown me in the short time I have worked there that they are a great company who not only cares about all of their customers, but that they care about their employees as well.

Weekly coaching sessions with your manager will help you stay on track with performance goals. Telus is always changing and adapting to what customers need, but they listen to their sales staff who are the front line of the business.

There are tons and tons of incentives offered to staff members in order to achieve and exceed sales targets, as well as to stick with the company.

Part time team members get the same incentives as full time, the same discounts, and even health benefits!

Every day is different, management is supportive, and coworkers are all amazing.

Honestly, the hardest part of the job is just keeping up to date with the ever changing promotions. However, they have a handy online tool to help you do just that.

Telus values a continuous learning environment and is supportive to help you grow as a team member!

I highly recommend this company. I thought it would be hard to go back to a part time retail position after being in the full time work force in a career for so long, but the transition was simple since it's been such a positive experience.
Pros
Base pay plus commission and health care benefits, discounts, strong support system.
Cons
None that I have encountered.
Interesting work
Network Designer (Current Employee) –  BCMarch 17, 2016
Lots of varied work to do; great manager. One`s experience always depends on the department. Some are good, some not so much. No real complaints about being at Telus.
Pros
Work from home, good pay
Cons
It`s like every other large company - poor communication and the constant threat of layoffs
Excellent company for IT professionals
IT Project Manager (PMO) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Excellent company for IT professionals. I had opportunity to grow and gain knowledge in PM and IT areas attending courses and working on challenging projects.
Interesting and Constantly changing and advancing.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Telus is a great place to work. There are a lot of rewards and bonuses based on how hard you work. Typical work involves getting to know your clients and how to fulfill their everyday needs with their devices. You need to be able to solve problems and do quick research to get the client the products or answers they need on a daily basis.
A Culture of High Achievers
Technical Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 7, 2016
A very professional and place to work where you are afforded every opportunity to progress. The culture at TELUS is very inclusive and very respectful, a really good place to work.
Enjoyed the work and people
Telecommunications Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2016
No two days were the same. Lots of desk work, and I now like to be away from the desk part time. I had a supportive manager. I liked the work and liked the people.
Horrible employer
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 4, 2016
A pale shadow of what once was. Greedy shareholders and a failure to implement new R&D have left them on life support. Miserly, inflexible, and incompetent / disconnected upper management make this an employer to stay away from, or watch them very, very closely.
Technology Architect / Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work. Multi culture. Team work. Balance between work and life. Flexible work style. A lot of leaning opportunity. Different management style in different team.
Good Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst I (Finance Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great work life balance.
Best company for working mothers as they allow work from home 3 days a week.

Management is good and motivating.
Pros
good work life balance
Enjoyable Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Overall had a great work experience with the company and its employees. Felt like there was no more room for growth/advancement and no longer felt challenged or engaged.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Bad management
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Job wasn't too bad until new management came in. If you apply be prepared for a very strict environment. However most reps aren't bad to work with
Collaborative and Progressive Work Environment
CONTRACT PARALEGAL, REAL ESTATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2016
I was exposed to all other aspects of retail leasing including procurement, construction and operations. The environment is positive and helpful.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
none!
Friendly environment
Customer Systems Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Co-workers are nice and a friendly working environment. Lots of processes to follow. Flexible work hours. Very slow to adapt to the changing market
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Too many processes

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location