TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Telus
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 August 2017
The department I worked in was innovative, creative and driven. Lots of good people there who understand the customer experience and want to move the ball forwards on all levels.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Politics
Help Desk Specialist
HELP DESK SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2017
-provide technical support to residential clients
-have meetings with manager and upper management to discuss future plans and upcoming projects.
-hardest part of the job is the variable work schedule
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work schedule
Pretty good company
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst - Automation (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 August 2017
1. life balance is terrific.
2. job security fairly stable.
3. Software development process is mature, but keep improving.
4. very appreciate employee's contribution.
People & Culture Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Enjoyed working with the Telus team members and learning more about the company. The workplace culture was great. Work-life balance was also great, with opportunities to work remotely from home or at one of the offices on any given day.
Manipulation and intimidation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2017
Worst company out there. They intimidate and manipulate you, you are just a number to them, their requirements and the standards you have to meet for them will drain you mentally and emotionally. They do not care about their employees and are solely focused on the money they make. Do yourself a favour and don't fall for the false promises, the money is Not worth your sanity and dignity.
Pros
Colleagues and insurance were the only good part
Cons
Terrible management, lack of humanity and empathy, impossible standards, negative environment, no structure, no work life balance
Wonderful benefits and happy people
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 August 2017
TELUS always has something wonderful to offer. whether it be happy people or wonderful service. There's never been a time I haven't gotten a kind TELUS operator
Pros
happy people
Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do
Business Continuity & Risk Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do – listening and learning to deliver the best experience possible
Their team members are encouraged to be creative, curious and never, ever stop learning.
Pros
Happy Fun place
Cons
Long hours - no OT pay
Pretty good
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
It has been a number of years since I worked at TELUS, but the overall work experience there was pretty enjoyable. But, I cannot say that this will hold true to today.
Prestigious work place
Business Analyst- Processes Re-engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2017
Nice and challenging experience at the company.
Good to work for that company.
Learned a lot on daily basis.
I will go back to work there once i have another chance
Great company to work for and learn from
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 August 2017
Telus was a good company to work for in Kelowna. I learned a lot and gained knowledge around communications and telecommunications. It was great to work in the customer service and sales area as I love interacting with people. I left because I am looking for an opportunity that is more challenging and a company I hope to stay with and grow and eventually move up.
Pros
commision
Cons
management
physical challenge
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
It was D2D sales. the most challenge was your physical condition. You had to visited 3 or 4 communities to visit all potencial clients per day from morning until evening. Also you need to adapt all differences of refusals.
long very loud hours in the mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB8 August 2017
I worked here so briefly I dont have much to say. I think my employment dates are wrong. I ve been working at Jamic for quite some time. My mistake on the dates
Great to start and get a foot in
Business Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 August 2017
The work/life balance is fake, and you need to be a lemming with HUGE innovative ideas that management can steal and call their own.
TELUS claims they are all about their staff, but they lie. The relationships you make with your peers are the best parts.
Loved the people I worked with
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2017
Very stressful environment with zero work life balance. Managers micro manage and the union will not protect or help you if you have concerns. Hard work is not recognized and they are not supportive of any disabilities. Watched constantly throughout your shift and can't even take bathroom breaks.
Pros
Great co workers, pay and benefits
Cons
Irregular shifts, managers who micromanage, the union is a joke, not recognized for great work. Very negative work environment.
Postive Work Enviroment
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 August 2017
Telus provides you with the skills to grow both as a salesperson and as a person outside of work. You have the ability to make great money when focused on the task at hand. Providing great customer service and great experience for your customer.
Pros
Commisson Pay
Cons
Stressful Enviroment
Great group of coworkers but the days were too long for the pay. The Acquisition Group
Junior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
Despite enjoying almost every bit of working there the days we're longer than 12 hours from Monday to Friday and the pay rate for the amount of hours worked was not high enough. A day at work started with workshops on improving product knowledge and communication, usually led by some of the higher ups. After that the team would head out to different parts of the city and go door to door to interact with customers and potentially sell them cable, internet, phone or any kind of home service that Telus offers. I would say the hardest part of the job was enduring the incredibly long days of leaving for work around 9AM-10AM and not getting home until 11 PM to go to sleep and wake up to start getting ready for work again. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet an enjoyable group of people.
Pros
Excellent job advancement structure, coworkers
Cons
Over 12 hours a day for 5 days a week, not high enough pay for the work
productive and fun place
Technology Analyst (Level II) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Telus is a fun place to work.
The culture is great, their management style is innovative and the most enjoyable part of the job is the team work spirit is a core for the company
Pros
the culture
Cons
team got outsourced
Work-life balance is a joke
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
I keep reading about how wonderful Telus is for work-life balance. Maybe it exists in some departments, but definitely not where I worked in the head office! We were expected to be available 24/7, to the point where you even had to take your phone into the bathroom.

Yes, occasionally working from home was a great plus but when you can't take a vacation without answering emails it doesn't come close to making up for it.
Very collaborative environment between stake holders
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
Project management is provided as professional service with complex solution sold to big companies clients.

Good complicity between program and project managers

Project managers are specialists at their fields
Awesome career
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
I have worked in several departments during my tenure at TELUS. Each area has had challenges that made the day-to-day tasks rewarding. The teams have been second to none in each city I have been in, and the managers and directors all encouraging and supportive.

My team members are what keep me going each day. We laugh together and support each other through the rough times. My current department is a 24/7 operation, yet I feel connected to my team members because of the tools available to keep in touch with each other.

The hardest part of my job is working through performance issues with team members, however thankfully that's certainly an exception. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the team members engaged and committed in their daily tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.