TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

An engaging workplace with leading edge technologies
Senior Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
I very much enjoyed my career at TELUS. With its "We Give Where We Live" philanthropic philosophy, it is very easy to align one's core values with those of the company. Extensive employee development opportunities abound for those who are ambitious.
Pros
Great place to have a career
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 August 2016
Great company to work for with plenty to offer to hard working employees.
Opportunities to work from home and sustained job security
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
productive
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2016
Improvement, tools and one on one to set a goal every week
caring
respect
evolve
Very important to value the client and listen very carefully and empathise.
A very friendly and secure environment
Work from home program
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
I loved that most of my work time was from home. I was a management professional with Telus and I had an opportunity to work from home. Work life balance was important to me and Telus is great at that.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Feeling left out with my team.
Good team of people
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2016
It's an ok place to work. Definitely a stepping stone. Great employees are often overlooked and do not receive the necessary praise.

Managers are kind of a joke.
Productive and Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
Typical day at work was building interpersonal relationships with many different clients that came to the store. Driving and closing sales was a priority.
Its great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Awesome place to work if you know how to network.

Amazing benefits.

Great managers.

Work/life balance is achievable depending on which department.

Great recognition programs
Telus Mobility
SENIOR PRODUCT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Great atmosphere. Enjoy interacting with staff and clients. Management is always improving your skill in handling client complaints and sales techniques.
Pros
personal cell phone, employee rate plan, benefits
great culture and great place to work
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Advance Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 June 2016
Telus is an amazing place to work with many advancement and growth opportunity. Awesome pay and great benefits for health and dental. Unionised jobs.
Fun, easy-going work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 June 2016
For the most part the job revolves around selling accessories and devices. The overwhelming majority of the people you work with are pretty cool and easy-going. The hardest part of the job is that the customers always come before you. It's your word against theirs, and theirs always take precedent. Also they're constantly changing their focus and priorities with little to no input from employees. The most enjoyable is earning commission and working with good people.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Company culture
very good
RAN & Core Tester (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 June 2016
great Manager, great work environment, great company, had a very good experience working as RAN/Core Tester at Telus in 2015-2016,
Welcoming, supportive and ever-changing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 June 2016
Having joined TELUS with its Marketing Development Program, I expected to complete 3-4 rotations before landing onto a team permanently. Instead, upon starting my second role, I joined the TELUS digital team in what never felt like a temporary position. From the depth and breadth of responsibilities I was trusted with to the amount of support I received from the sidelines, it quickly felt like home. Opting to take a Project Manager role instead of continuing to rotate through the marketing organization was a pivotal point in my career, which led to nearly five years of advocating my digital team to product managers, designers and developers alike! It's truly been a pleasure to kick off and build my career with TELUS digital.
Pros
Lean and agile, empowered, casual, collaborative, fun
Cons
Unlike TELUS' workstyles (work from home), expected to be in the office nearly daily due to the collaborative nature of our work, including annual re-structuring to suit our changing needs
What it's like to work at EPCOR
Technology Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
I start off my day by seeing if any requests came in from the night before that I missed and getting back to emails and missed calls. Then I finish up anything that is ready to be shipped or deployed out to the clients. Then if I had any appointments to set up phones or tokens, I do those.
I might not learn something new every day but I get to understand different roles and processes of other teams.
My managers usually have their own things to deal with day to day so we typically don't engage too much, unless I do have a question or just simple small talk.
My co-workers, again, have their own jobs to do, either setting up computers, moving people, or troubleshooting an issue over the phone. We do have conversations throughout the day but we are usually all pretty busy.
The hardest part of my job would be the amount of work that comes in in one day or during the week and I have to schedule my day as productive as possible to make sure I meet the company's demands. The best part of my job is getting something completed for my client's whether it was setting up their corporate phone or new computer and just seeing them happy. I do enjoy interacting with everyone and when I do get the opportunity to visit a different site, it's nice to see the people I talk to regularly in person.
Pros
Get some OT
Cons
On my feet most of the day
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!
Productive and fin place to work
Customer Service/ Sales Rep - Part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Managers are usually friendly and fun to work. Perks and benefits are good. You gets hands on latest phones, chilled work environment
Pros
Good company
Cons
Recent compensation sucks
Good Work life balance
Service Delivery Specialit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Good Work life balance. Managers were better than most other places I have worked. If I had any complaint, it was that the company is slow in implementing changes.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.