TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
A organization with a strong training and development focus
Database Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A training and development-focused organization with a clear roadmap for training employees to sustain and enhance the productivity of the organization as a whole. A transparent and open form of communication addressing employee’s need to feel that what they have to say has value.
Pros
Learning and development opportunities
Cons
No job security
Great Place to Work
Complex Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
This is a great company with good support and helpful people to lean on if needed. Management understand balance between work and home life.
Pros
Understanding Management for support and education.
Can get a bit intense
Network technician Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
Job can get intense and demanding.
Having a good manger comes down to luck.
Compensation is decent.
There is room for job growth and opportunity provided.
Review of working at Telus
Loyalty and Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Telus is excellent place to work. Great management and co-workers. I greatly enjoy working at Telus. Any body who wants to work for great company which will appreciate your talent, Telus is best place to work.
Productive , Very fun and enrgetic environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Amazing company to be a part of! Very dynamic and diverse employees creates a variety of culture and new ideas . Laid back but very hard working people .

Most enjoyable part was the people who work there , it makes it so enjoyable to come into work stress free and creates a very dynamic atmosphere.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Pretty nice place to be, with nice people, and good interactions
NSO (Network Support & Operations) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Pretty nice place to work. Good Management style, practicing the servant leadership, always ready to provide what you need to achieve the company's desired result.
Pros
Good Leadership style
Cons
Hard work schedule
Creative and stimulating workplace
Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
Mobile work style .

Flexible starting/ending times as long as you complete your required working hours per day.

Autonomous and self monitoring team yet but under the supervision of the manager providing guidance and help where required.(This may vary from one unit to another though)

The most enjoyable part of the job is the end to end ownership structure that allows you to navigate and interact with various players , thus understanding the need of the end customer as well as the challenges of your suppliers. You develop technical,analytical and customer service skills along the line.

The relatively difficult part is related to the high reliance on virtual communication tools which slow the development of relationship internally between the different departments /team members.
Pros
Flexibility, great work /life balance part of the company's policy
Excellent comany to work for. Tier 1 organization with excellent benefits, great people while mantaining a work life balance.
Manager Planning and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Tier 1 organization where culture of believing in team members success is the number one contributor to the continued success of the organization.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
Work
Technology Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
I Loved working for TELUS best company ever.

Awesome working Culture. Very understanding Mangers.
I honestly can't tell you the hardest part of the job, there was none.
As long as the work was done in the timely manner, there was no issue, best part of working at TELUS.
Pros
free movies
Cons
n/z
Work from home program
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
I loved that most of my work time was from home. I was a management professional with Telus and I had an opportunity to work from home. Work life balance was important to me and Telus is great at that.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Feeling left out with my team.
Good place to learn
Marketing Specialist - Billing Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Management really takes the time to train their employees to ensure that they will be successful in their new role. After training plenty of support still available
Productive and fun place to work
Team Manager - Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 October 2016
Attend lots of meeting, people management and coaching.
I work in a very collaborative and engaging environment. Continuous learning on evolving leadership style on how to effectively drive a successful team.
Great Company
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 January 2017
Positive company to work for, many opportunities for advancement. I was able to build my skill set and advance in my career from my time at TELUS.

I appreciated the opportunity.
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.
Telus Review
BMC Remedy Developer / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Very nice place to work, environment is very nice full of new technology. A lot to learn about new technology. Staff is very friendly. Provides all kind of support to accelerate you career.
Very Enjoyable work environment until I moved to the head office.
Loyalty & Retention Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2017
A typical day at work would be me entering the building. Signing on at my work station receiving and accessories at my computer boxing them up and shipping them to their respective places.
When moving up to head office after the TELUS warehouse moved to Mississauga. I thought it would be a great opportunity for me.
In the beginning I loved it but close to the end they were doing a lot of job out sourcing and I feel they didn't value the Canadian workers they had.
I feel a lot of extra effort that was put into my job went unnoticed.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
n/a
Good company
Sr. Technology Specialist/Sr. Production Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
TELUS is a good company.

The bad thing is it is going to offshore all technical job to offshore.

Making money from Canadian and provide job offer to non-Canadian, that is ....
Pros
company culture
Cons
offshore jobs
good experience
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
nice group of guys to work with, management is good they set you up with the right tools to succeed. good experience as a stepping stone to a brighter future in Telecommunications.