TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Transparency
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Not transparent and keep on cutting benefits. Work environment is very relaxed at Scarborough location. Management is very relaxed.
Pros
work from home, year end bonus, device discount
Cons
Not transparent
Amazing times
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Analyze sales and compensation data across various B2B sales channels and forecast trends and challenges, and ensuring the sales incentive plan efficacy.
Recommend and implement changes to the corporate sales incentive plan and lead the negotiations with the sales management to ensure compensation is adapted to sales realities and incentivizes desired behaviors.
Excellent Company
High Value II Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
I had worked at TELUS for a number of years and always enjoyed the atmosphere and team spirit. Management is well engaged and are there when needed.
Pros
Excellent Pay and benefits
Cons
Advancement was difficult
Telus provide excellent work life balance
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 26, 2016
Telus provide flexible work life balance which is great.
A person can explore various departments. All departments rely on each other so there is excellent communication among people.
There is no work security there which is negative.
The management can be friendly and helpful. It varies from individual to individual.
The salary and benefits are lesser than other TELECOM Companies.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
Good company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Good company, offers year-end bonus and share purchase plan as well as work from home work style. Currently company is going through restructuring and eliminating some positions.
Pros
bonus, shares, work from home
Cons
director, team management is not that pleasant
Enjoyable team oriented environment that gives personal training everyday.
Customer Solutions Expert (Door to Door Sales) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 9, 2015
Honestly I haven't been content with going to work until I got a chance to try my hand with sales.

This opportunity with Up Stat and Customer solutions with Telus has given me the edge I need with my communication and sales skills I need to craft my future in business.

Overall the support for my team has been phenomenal and a catalyst to my personal growth.
Pros
Flexibility to produce income
Cons
Long hours that take up most of the day
Great work
Test consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Great to work on latest technologies, co-workers are great, enjoy all the jobs, work life balance , Management is very friendly
High stressful job Fast pasted environment Tied to desk
Customer Service Representative Small Business (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 31, 2016
Peers are great and always willing to assist. Fast pasted environment. clients can be a bit challenging. Managers are constantly looking for ways to discipline. High stressful job.
Pros
Great pears competitive pay. Unionized enviroment
Cons
Unreasonable Metrics. always offering packages do to outsourcing call center jobs overseas
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons
A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
Great Company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Telus Calgary SESeptember 24, 2015
Telus was a great company to work for and had great benefits with amazing pay. The Shifts were on a 12 week rotation so your shifts were constantly changing on a weekly basis.
Pros
Great Pay, lots of training, lots of supports from management
Cons
Rotating Shift work weeks
It's not what it seems
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
I work at a TELUS call center for over 3 years. At first I couldn't have been the luckiest guy on the planet at that momment. Getting the job in a large company. I thought it would be the beginning of a great career.

Then after a few years, it was unbearable dealing with Management. There are too many of them. I got 2 plus a quality control rep. It feels like a sweat shop for calls at times. It’s completely stat driven only CST etc. The managers on the other hand spend more time in the gym company or play foose ball or Nintendo Wii in the game room than anything else.

The most unprofessional environment possible. It does matter how smart you are...if the management doesn't like you. You never get anywhere. I could not even get a interview for a postion i was fully qualified for because of my call center stats.
Pros
health benefits, salary
Cons
stress, management
advancement, salary and benefits are excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 16, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my work experience, training and friends I made. Love the room for advancement and promotions. Knowledgeable staff a treat to work with.
Pros
fitness centre, training, sales campaigns
Amazing company to work for in every aspect
Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 24, 2016
- a typical day at work would include a "huddle" (meeting) at the beginning of each day , talking to customers and educating them on the services, setting up installation dates, checking address availability, solving issues addressed, completing tasks sent by "Order Entry," lunch break, selling services.

- I learned to multitask under pressure, how to deal with customers over the phone in a professional manner, book customers and sell products, gain knowledge on Telus TV, Phone and Internet services, learn about new changes within the company extremely fast as it was constantly changing.

- Management was amazing! They made sure to make us feel like we could be ourselves and be comfortable as long as we did our job and achieved the goals they set for us as individuals and as a team. They taught us to build each other up and acknowledged everything that went on, especially the good.

- Coworkers worked extremely hard. We were all a family but we worked everyday in "competition" to get us more focused on reaching our goals. Everyone was so sweet and caring and I still consider them my family.

-Nothing was hard about this job. The people and the environment made everything great,

- Working with a team we called Family.
Enjoyable workplace with an amazing team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
-I've dramatically improved my sales ability.
-A typical day includes cleaning duties (dusting, sweeping, moping, wiping down demos and displays) as well as delivering excellent customer service to each customer, promoting our special offers, letting the customer known about our home services, tablet plans and credit card opportunities.
-We have a great team here!
-Hardest part of the job is upselling for the credit cards. I strive in the other areas however credit card applications I find very difficult, that only makes me try harder until I can learn to be as successful with that as I am with our other products.
Pros
Team, Great Customers, Good Pay
Cons
My distance I need to travel for work, either than that its an excellent company
Bad management
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Job wasn't too bad until new management came in. If you apply be prepared for a very strict environment. However most reps aren't bad to work with
Engaging, fast paced environment with great work life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
TELUS is a great company to work for as a finance/accounting professional. The Finance team is engaging, fast paced and offers positions in many different areas (Corp FP&A, Tax, Treasury, M&A, Investor Relations etc). The work life balance is very important to TELUS and something that is taken seriously from the CEO down to customer facing sales agents.
no advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
If you get hired part time, you will not get promoted to full time, no matter how many times you apply, express interest, exceed targets etc..
No advancement always hire outside company
Fast paced excellent on-the job training, develops customer service skills
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
Fast-paced work environment, high standard of customer service to assist variety of clientele. Enjoy helping people with smartphone and network related issues. After over 8 years of nights and weekend work, I am looking to work during the day and spend evenings with my young daughter. Decent amount of office politics but this is expected for a big company
Pros
discount on services and products
Cons
shift and weekend work
Very good product, very poor treatment
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2016
the general word on the street is that telus does not treat its customers that great, not bad, but not great. well be that as it may, they treat their employees a whole lot worse, at least in edmonton and when i was there...wow almost a decade ago....well perhaps they have gotten better but, well, i dont really care so moving on.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location