TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

great place to start a career
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2017
it has its pros and cons like any other business. great place to start a career. high and fast paced environment . it is worth the money and hours for the job
Excellent
Data Scientist/Predictive Modeller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
Telus has an awesome working environment and has all the latest technology to work on. Team is really supportive and take care of your personal and professional goals
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
The culture and the people make it a great place to be. I have learned a lot from hands on experience both in technical and communications to help me address my audience.
doodie
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2017
Your review will appear on the site after it has been reviewed and approved. In some instances, this can take several days. View all seasonal restaurant Reviews
Nice Culture
Senior Business analyst East Region (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
Telus is one of the best place to work in Canada. Good balance work-family, good benefits and people always open to help. Always seeking for improvement and Customer focus
Pros
Cons
Sometime stresfull
fun and interesting worklplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
with shift at 8:30AM would arrive at 7:30 have breakfast insure that all my screens were then accessible to be able to work
at 8:30 would be logged in to take calls
break and lunch at 02 hour intervals
escalations processed when required

Standard schedules compatitable co-workers
update on new formats and procedures to be followed
fun times at work outside of taking calls
Pros
free lunches on special occasions
Cons
superisors not always availalbe
Great company to work for
PROJECT MANAGER/SCRUM MASTER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
Good culture.. "or was a good culture when I was working there".
Good environment to work in good work/life balance, good benefits but compensation is on the low end of median.
very productive area
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
good environment, friendly co-workers help ensure that you're in a secured role and you will never have to worry about looking over your shoulder, unless you aren't performing at all. If you're working in the call centre or as a salesperson in the stores, as long as you do your job, your job is secured. It's a great company to work for with great benefits and decent pay.
Great company to work for.
TELUS (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 September 2017
Ensure that you're in a secured role and you will never have to worry about looking over your shoulder, unless you aren't performing at all. If you're working in the call centre or as a salesperson in the stores, as long as you do your job, your job is secured. It's a great company to work for with great benefits and decent pay.
Pros
Decent pay, great benefits, great discount, career growth.
Cons
Some jobs aren't very secure.
Good Place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Good place to work as it gives good work life balance. Like any large company, restricting happens often. I find that the people are bright and are good to work with.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
Telus will work you to the point of exhaustion. Be cautious to ensure your role is clearly defined. Do not allow overtime to accumulate. Enusre your contracting firm is on your side before you engage.
Pros
Work from home is a possibility
Cons
Management not clear on direction
Challenging but declining
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
You will be challenged and not get bored. However, the management culture has been steadily going downhill in the last dozen years with a poorly implemented employee salary review process that erodes year over year earnings or burns people out to maintain your salary.

As with any job, the manager can make or break your success and good managers are becoming rare.

Managers are handicapped with lengthy approval processes that require multi-level senior approval for day to day business decisions.

Job security does not exist with many jobs going off-shore and long time experienced employees being treated as an expense.
Pros
work life balance opportunities
Cons
no autonomy
5 stars, all around.
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2017
I honestly cannot say enough good about working for TELUS. It was a fantastic environment to work in - I loved my job, my coworkers, the opportunities that were available and the community involvement that I had the chance to participate in.

A typical day at work started with speaking to people who had issues with their IPTV, Satellite TV, Internet access or home telephones. It was a pleasure to be that person who could resolve whatever issue they brought to my attention, but people would ask "What about the difficult issues? What if it was outside of your ability to resolve?" which to me was just an even greater challenge to sink my teeth into - the harder the problem just meant a more rewarding feeling once all was said and done to resolve the issue at hand.

If I'm not saying anything to the effect of what was not so good about the job is because it was far out shadowed by the great people I worked with and spoke with, coworker and customer alike, and the fantastic atmosphere that was what TELUS harboured.

If I didn't need to travel across the country to be with family in a time of need, I would absolutely still be working with these awesome people, without a doubt.
Fast paced,
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 September 2017
The best part of this job is the satisfaction that you get when someone comes in with an issue and they leave with a great solution.
The worst part of the job is that you sometimes have to try to help people who cannot be satisfied.
This is a hourly wage plus commission job with a fair bit of pressure to archive goals.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Part time
good place to work, great people!
Accounting Clerk and Comunication Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
Loved my job at TELUS, sad that they outsourced to other countries.
People had a positive attitude. TELUS always encouraged continued learning. There was excellent training and great benefits.
Great People, Great Job, Pay issues.
Real Estate Manager I – Corporate Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2017
Fabulous place to work! many opportunities to grow within the company. Great culture which supports a balanced lifestyle. Pay is simply too low to be competitive.
Pros
Telecom discounts
Cons
Pay for your coffee
Company who care for their employees
Corporate Channel Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
This company genuinely cares for each and every employee. Personal development within and external to the company is extremely important. GReat company to work for
Fun Place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great Perks and Benefits
Location is in an ideal area
Flexible hours for employees start and end time to their day
Employees have the option to work from home when needed
Experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 September 2017
From any job I've had I walked away with a new learning curve . I get the best of every job and incorporate it into my next job . I am a quick study I love to learn and find how things work. I have a passion for knowlege and every job good or bad taught me something that benefits me and what I can bring into a new environment .
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no cons
Work flexibility & Diverse culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 September 2017
Flexibility and good working environment were the main reasons why working for this company are such a great deal. There is a lot of collaboration, team support which is available across departments that allow us to work effectively amidst responsibility and work load we manage on a daily basis. Team members are not micro managed which resulted/increased in a more productive work delivery, hence it motivates team members to give more than 100% of service, going over and beyond to support company's goal. However, job security is such a great issue because company re-structure is continuously happening almost every quarter, we feel so unstable and unsecured, anxious when it would be our time to end. Overall, the company delivers and demonstrate a great balance between work place and home that gives us the ability to manage work and household issues and schedules.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
long hours / spend working vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.