TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Transparency
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Not transparent and keep on cutting benefits. Work environment is very relaxed at Scarborough location. Management is very relaxed.
Pros
work from home, year end bonus, device discount
Cons
Not transparent
BI and IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
TELUS is a great place with good work life balance. Well understanding senior management and supportive. Pay could be better. Training and career progress could be better as well.
Amazing times
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 17, 2015
Analyze sales and compensation data across various B2B sales channels and forecast trends and challenges, and ensuring the sales incentive plan efficacy.
Recommend and implement changes to the corporate sales incentive plan and lead the negotiations with the sales management to ensure compensation is adapted to sales realities and incentivizes desired behaviors.
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2016
• As a Customer Service Representative, I was working in an inbound contact center dedicated to client account inquiries and sales support for TELUS customers. Some of my responsibilities included; reviewing requests from client and/or sales for telecom products and services, review, identify and follow-up on incomplete service requests and/or requirements, explain and discuss billing details, monitor and follow up on accounts with due dates in jeopardy, update account related documentation and initiate correspondence accordingly. On each call; sale opportunities must be identified in order to retain and enhance the customer relationship through up-selling/cross-selling
Welcoming, supportive and ever-changing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2016
Having joined TELUS with its Marketing Development Program, I expected to complete 3-4 rotations before landing onto a team permanently. Instead, upon starting my second role, I joined the TELUS digital team in what never felt like a temporary position. From the depth and breadth of responsibilities I was trusted with to the amount of support I received from the sidelines, it quickly felt like home. Opting to take a Project Manager role instead of continuing to rotate through the marketing organization was a pivotal point in my career, which led to nearly five years of advocating my digital team to product managers, designers and developers alike! It's truly been a pleasure to kick off and build my career with TELUS digital.
Pros
Lean and agile, empowered, casual, collaborative, fun
Cons
Unlike TELUS' workstyles (work from home), expected to be in the office nearly daily due to the collaborative nature of our work, including annual re-structuring to suit our changing needs
Life as a Draftsman
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCAugust 7, 2015
Telus once B.C. Tel, was a very good place for me to work. 20 years in all, and for the most part I enjoyed working there more than any other job I have ever had. I learned to work with others, most co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part came when I had to leave.....they closed the drafting department around 2010. It was a hard decision to make, but I left. I still with many other workers believe they could have done it differently but that is the way it goes. I am very thankful for those 20 years I had there. Note: I did have a break of service, worked for them twice.
Pros
Good people and benefits
Cons
They didn't see the value of keeping me, haha.
Highly recommended company
Loyalty & Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Over all Telus communciations is a great company to work for. Management work hard to help their employees move within the company as well take time and effort to progress and benefit everyone.
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Pros
free living and transportation
Cons
arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Director, Systems for Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Telus had a very progressive culture and provided an excellent environment for career progression. Management was very competent and educated in the key areas of business and technology.
Great Company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Telus Calgary SESeptember 24, 2015
Telus was a great company to work for and had great benefits with amazing pay. The Shifts were on a 12 week rotation so your shifts were constantly changing on a weekly basis.
Pros
Great Pay, lots of training, lots of supports from management
Cons
Rotating Shift work weeks
Loyalty department
Loyalty department (Current Employee) –  torontoApril 24, 2015
I've worked at telus for multiple years & salary is low for what anyone does for this company.Also I referred a friend with an out standing resume and great indepth knowledge of all divisions & no one even called him.

I would advise senior management to have your recruiting department do a better job at selecting candidates for postions.I think telus is losing strong ( individuals ) because they only seem to promote or hire from within. Search the Market for candidates that can make telus strong & a better over all profitable company.

Also if you pay your employees a decent highly competitive wage then you employees will work harder.Don't be scared to teach newer employees or newly hired employees because this can benefit telus.

I find companies don't want to teach employees any more and then they wonder why companies are failing or going bank rupt.

The system wont change unless we change it.
benefits
Cons
Not hiring out side people, low wage, and not growth within the company.
Good Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst I (Finance Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great work life balance.
Best company for working mothers as they allow work from home 3 days a week.

Management is good and motivating.
Pros
good work life balance
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Technology Architect / Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work. Multi culture. Team work. Balance between work and life. Flexible work style. A lot of leaning opportunity. Different management style in different team.
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Best Telecom company you could ever work for.
Loyalty And Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCAugust 18, 2015
Great Management, great team, advancement... The best place to start a career!

I would recommond this company to who ever that needs a great company to start a career, especially in the Telecom world.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
It's not what it seems
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2015
I work at a TELUS call center for over 3 years. At first I couldn't have been the luckiest guy on the planet at that momment. Getting the job in a large company. I thought it would be the beginning of a great career.

Then after a few years, it was unbearable dealing with Management. There are too many of them. I got 2 plus a quality control rep. It feels like a sweat shop for calls at times. It’s completely stat driven only CST etc. The managers on the other hand spend more time in the gym company or play foose ball or Nintendo Wii in the game room than anything else.

The most unprofessional environment possible. It does matter how smart you are...if the management doesn't like you. You never get anywhere. I could not even get a interview for a postion i was fully qualified for because of my call center stats.
Pros
health benefits, salary
Cons
stress, management

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location