TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Pros
free living and transportation
Cons
arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
A Culture of High Achievers
Technical Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 7, 2016
A very professional and place to work where you are afforded every opportunity to progress. The culture at TELUS is very inclusive and very respectful, a really good place to work.
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
Flexible work location and great benefits.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 14, 2015
My work is very analytical and report heavy. Great experience. I would recommend working for TELUS to anyone.

You have to own your career advancement. You bonus is dependent on your performance ratings.
Pros
Work from Home program
Cons
Workload and long hours
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
Telus is a great place to work!
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 2, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time at Telus and found that the people working within Telus are the best part about the job. The compensation and benefits are great. The management is well trained and genuinely care about the employees.
Pros
Co workers, Compensation/benefits, lifestyle
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Loyalty department
Loyalty department (Current Employee) –  torontoApril 24, 2015
I've worked at telus for multiple years & salary is low for what anyone does for this company.Also I referred a friend with an out standing resume and great indepth knowledge of all divisions & no one even called him.

I would advise senior management to have your recruiting department do a better job at selecting candidates for postions.I think telus is losing strong ( individuals ) because they only seem to promote or hire from within. Search the Market for candidates that can make telus strong & a better over all profitable company.

Also if you pay your employees a decent highly competitive wage then you employees will work harder.Don't be scared to teach newer employees or newly hired employees because this can benefit telus.

I find companies don't want to teach employees any more and then they wonder why companies are failing or going bank rupt.

The system wont change unless we change it.
benefits
Cons
Not hiring out side people, low wage, and not growth within the company.
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
High paced, result driven enviroment
Client Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
The organization has extremely high demands of its employees and you have to be willing to put in a hard days work for decent pay. The environment is in a constant state of change so adaptable to ambiguity is a must. Overall the TELUS team is a highly motivated and skilled group of individuals that are great to work with.
Pros
Flexiable work enviroment inncluding work from home option
Cons
Long hours. 24/7 availability is a common requirement for management positions
Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 24, 2015
Good job security. They have a sneaky way of restructuring the company. They would find every reason to terminate an employee if they know a department is closing and they don't want to pay that employee out or pay them more by moving them to other departments. Overall it is a good company to work for and the pay is good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very strict work life. Not much life balance
Great worklife balance
Marketing Communications Specialist, Social Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
-high performing culture
-typical day was fast paced
-learned to work collaboratively with many teams within the organization
-processes were challenging to follow
-most enjoyable part was cooworkers
-huge perk is the flexible workstyles allows employees to work from home and determine their own in office hours
fun place to work
loyalty (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
had a good time, nice people, a bit too much politics with management seemingly doing minimal work. They pay is higher to start.
Excellent Company
Security Consultant 2 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2015
Telus is a very positive company with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Telus has a multitude of members who have been with the company for 20-30+ years. Speaks volumes for a companies reputation.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location