TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Team Manager - Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 October 2016
Attend lots of meeting, people management and coaching.
I work in a very collaborative and engaging environment. Continuous learning on evolving leadership style on how to effectively drive a successful team.
Productive , Very fun and enrgetic environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Amazing company to be a part of! Very dynamic and diverse employees creates a variety of culture and new ideas . Laid back but very hard working people .

Most enjoyable part was the people who work there , it makes it so enjoyable to come into work stress free and creates a very dynamic atmosphere.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Provisioning Application Support Analyst
Provisioning Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 October 2016
Telus is a fast paced innovative company embracing change and always improving to meet the demand of the customer.
Telus has a flexible team player environment allowing productive and efficient workflow throughout the organization.
Telus has a passion for growthand encourages employees to grow within the organization as well.
Pros
Flexible environment
Cons
24 hour on call can have long hours
Telus Manager
Manager, Customer Solutions Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 October 2016
The job entailed team building and teaching solution selling. The hours are full time with a team of 20 and three managers. Co workers are superstar young staff
Forward thinking business that puts customer service before all else.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
The team works together with a single goal of making the best possible customer experience. The stress level is high as nothing but the best is acceptable.
Pros
Team work and benefits
Cons
very long hours
Great company with lots of room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 October 2016
I WORKED AT TELUS MOBILITY FOR APPROXIMATELY 15 YEARS .IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I STARTED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND WORKED MY WAY UP TO HIGHER CORPORATE POSITIONS AS I WAS A VERY HARD WORKER.. A typical day at work involved taking calls from dealers and assisting with any customer service related issues dealer may have , or issues logging into their on line portal...as well activating accounts and assisting with technical issues ..my co workers were great as it was like my second family away from home...the hardest part of the job may have been if systems were down and we could not immediately assist our clients ..i enjoyed the closeness we all had working together as a team and helping eachother out at all times
Pros
medical benefits
N/a
Corporate/Administrative Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
Through all the changes at Telus scarborough location it has been extremely difficult to maintain a balanced work/life balance.
Pros
N/A
Cons
schedules
Dynamic and intense environment.
Manager, Westshore Town Centre (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2016
Great company overall. Corporate environment definitely differs from smaller franchises but both had their pros and cons.

Preferred the smaller entities as there was greater accountability compared to a behemoth with over 40 thousand employees.
productive and fun
Sales / Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 September 2016
Its very fun work place and the people are great to work with, I had quiet good time and made some great people and company through this job. but time to move on into the next big thing.
Well-paid for call center work, but beware.
Helpdesk specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2016
Go into this with your eyes open. The company won't expend managerial effort on a daily basis on tracking certain misbehaviours an employee may be engaging in, UNTIL AND IF they decide possible disciplinary action is needed for something that they ARE tracking. Then they go back over weeks or months, and look.

And then they ambush you, in the investigative meeting for the possible disciplinary action. "Look what you were doing, which we weren't actively tracking, but you were responsible for, although you had no direct way to tell you were misbehaving!"

You'll have a union rep there if you're onshore, but I found that I was paying union dues and really not getting bang for my bucks.

Also, the recent implementation of the Service 2.0 paradigm was very badly mismanaged. Externally, this is called TELUS Personal Representative. They moved too many customers onto it too quickly, every call takes more time with the new, badly unfinished tools involved in this model, and you still had to use all of the usual ones.

People were calling when it was 6:00 in the morning in BC and 7:00 in the morning in Alberta, because of horrible wait times at other times of day, and even then, THEY WERE STILL WAITING TO TALK TO AN AGENT. (I supported customers in those two provinces, while I was there).

Since my departure, I have been hearing from friends still there that the work environment has gone downhill. Agents are being pressured hard to be more productive.

As I said, if you start working for this company, have your eyes open.
Pros
Good pay, for call-center work
Cons
Unethical behaviours by management in some situations
good experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada18 September 2016
overall It was a good experience working at Telus. good in work life balance. hard to get chances for development. My Manager was a great person
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 September 2016
Very good salary
- fair flexibility
- Very good co-workers
- Good managers that help you to achieve your goals always.
- Good benefits. All my colleagues were lovel
Poative work culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Only the best things to say about the management and the work environment .
There was definitely the opportunity for advancement . Management was more than willing to help with career options .
na
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 September 2016
good company to work for. Really good pay, people at Telus are friendly and like to help each other. The pension there is the best. The reason I would like to move is to get more office hours.
Great people fun place.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
Easy commute, good infrastructure, fun environment, great atmosphere working with people in the company. Enjoyed co workers and perks working for the company.
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
Excellent place to work
Senior Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
The best part of working at TELUS is the team. Team members have a passion for solving complex problems and having a strong customer-experience focus.
Great worklife balance
Marketing Communications Specialist, Social Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
-high performing culture
-typical day was fast paced
-learned to work collaboratively with many teams within the organization
-processes were challenging to follow
-most enjoyable part was cooworkers
-huge perk is the flexible workstyles allows employees to work from home and determine their own in office hours
Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers