TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Work Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Very young company and innovative
Enjoyed working with most of the managers who supported me.
I would be happy to work for TELUS once again hopefully in the near future.
Productive work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
Telus was definitely one of the most fun learning curve jobs for me. I became tech savvy in a hurry. Its a job where learning was something I enjoyed day after day. We worked well as a team.
Pros
incentives
Cons
slow days
Flexible work location and great benefits.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 14, 2015
My work is very analytical and report heavy. Great experience. I would recommend working for TELUS to anyone.

You have to own your career advancement. You bonus is dependent on your performance ratings.
Pros
Work from Home program
Cons
Workload and long hours
Excellent Company
Security Consultant 2 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2015
Telus is a very positive company with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Telus has a multitude of members who have been with the company for 20-30+ years. Speaks volumes for a companies reputation.
Very busy day of continues work
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
lack of direction from upper management
good multicultural environment.
lots of social activity.
good time management procedures and additional benefits are plenty
Telus is a great place to work!
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 2, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time at Telus and found that the people working within Telus are the best part about the job. The compensation and benefits are great. The management is well trained and genuinely care about the employees.
Pros
Co workers, Compensation/benefits, lifestyle
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 1, 2015
Great company , great people. The benefits and salary is good, its also very easy to advance in the company. The managers also are very understandable and take the time to listen
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
Awesome place to work. I enjoyed the work and the Senior Leadership team was awesome. The projects were very challenging, but I grew a lot.
Work hard, good people development
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 24, 2015
TELUS expects a lot of its front-line team managers, from coaching and development to working primeships (non-core role work).

You learn very well how to coach individuals, and to a lesser degree how to support and develop front line team members.

Your supporting manager is definitely dependent on their style and personality, I found with working two different ones there was one that was better for me than another, however this isn't to say one was bad.

Work-life balance is decent, there is a ton of flexibility with your hours and when you choose to work. One is likely going to work greater than 8 hours a day, and you can get this back at another time, but overall look to put in 40+ a week almost always.

Performance is measured as expected for a people leader, on your team's performance, however it is also based on your 'values' score, and this in relation to your peers, so you better step up and not only perform well at your core role, but do a ton extra because there are others doing that. Your yearly bonus is based on the combo of performance and values, so the more you do all year, hopefully this is recognized through both quality and quantity.

Also, as a team manager your performance is heavily considered through team member engagement and your teams quarterly evaluation of you. Be sure if you take a role like this that you have a strong grasp of how to drive team engagement, as it is something considered with high importance.

Overall, being a front-line team manager at TELUS is rewarding, and there should be a lot of opportunity to learn (this is
  more... dependent on your support person as well). I would really suggest this role especially to someone young and upcoming, and wants to expand their knowledge and skill set as a people leader as well as their business acumen.  less
Pros
Good development, strong peer support
Cons
longer hours, don't count your earnings hourly or you will not be happy!
fast and demanding environment
I&R Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
fast and demanding environment, needs interactions with customer too, used to work with no supervision, hardest part needs to extreme weather condition without gloves.
Stressful and little to no support
Technical Customer Service Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
I worked at Telus for a few months. The call volume was insanely high. A 100+ calls day was not out of the ordinary, while expected to keep on top of emails as well. No breaks are provided besides lunch, so you are expected to work all that time with no break in between calls.

OK salary, was told it was "high" because of the requirements of the job but any other jobs doing same thing all pays the same thing. Great benefits. That's about the only good thing.

They do not care about your medical needs and will get rid of you because of that.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks, high workload with little time to do everything
Friendly environment, challenging and learning job profile
Data/Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
I feel lucky to have chance working with great friendly team, challenging work which gives opportunity to learn something new.
Great work
Test consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Great to work on latest technologies, co-workers are great, enjoy all the jobs, work life balance , Management is very friendly
Review Summary
Data Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 11, 2015
fun work place with supportive management . The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them............
Nice place to work
Sr. Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Work life balance. Can work from home a lot. But need to make sure that the manager knows what exactly is being done and jsut keep eyes ears open. To make sure you are aware of the changes happening.
Transparency
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Not transparent and keep on cutting benefits. Work environment is very relaxed at Scarborough location. Management is very relaxed.
Pros
work from home, year end bonus, device discount
Cons
Not transparent
Enjoyable team oriented environment that gives personal training everyday.
Customer Solutions Expert (Door to Door Sales) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 9, 2015
Honestly I haven't been content with going to work until I got a chance to try my hand with sales.

This opportunity with Up Stat and Customer solutions with Telus has given me the edge I need with my communication and sales skills I need to craft my future in business.

Overall the support for my team has been phenomenal and a catalyst to my personal growth.
Pros
Flexibility to produce income
Cons
Long hours that take up most of the day
Great Training.
Spécialiste Fidélisation et Rétention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
In depth training is given for several months. The company is very Customer Oriented. High expectations for quality of customer service. Many metrics to meet on a monthly basis. Selective process for hiring and aptitude tests. Must be fully bilingual.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Stressful Workplace
Great job, tough lifestyle
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
Door to door sales is tough for obvious reasons.

The culture is fantastic, the benefits are great if you're great, and the people that work there are fantastic.

However, personal life takes a drastic hit.
Pros
Money & people
Cons
Wednesday - Sunday work days. Travelling a lot.
Fast paced excellent on-the job training, develops customer service skills
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
Fast-paced work environment, high standard of customer service to assist variety of clientele. Enjoy helping people with smartphone and network related issues. After over 8 years of nights and weekend work, I am looking to work during the day and spend evenings with my young daughter. Decent amount of office politics but this is expected for a big company
Pros
discount on services and products
Cons
shift and weekend work