TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Great company with lots of room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 October 2016
I WORKED AT TELUS MOBILITY FOR APPROXIMATELY 15 YEARS .IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I STARTED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND WORKED MY WAY UP TO HIGHER CORPORATE POSITIONS AS I WAS A VERY HARD WORKER.. A typical day at work involved taking calls from dealers and assisting with any customer service related issues dealer may have , or issues logging into their on line portal...as well activating accounts and assisting with technical issues ..my co workers were great as it was like my second family away from home...the hardest part of the job may have been if systems were down and we could not immediately assist our clients ..i enjoyed the closeness we all had working together as a team and helping eachother out at all times
Pros
medical benefits
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Telus Mobility Edmonton Alberta
Mobile Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB8 November 2016
This is a decent company to work for, depending on who is your manager, and the culture the manager helps to create through his guidance of employees as well as what the manager accepts as proper behavior in the workplace.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good product
Cons
workplace culture might or might not be great depending on the circumstances.
Awesome workplace
Corporate Activation Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Flexible work-life balance
great co-workers
good benefits
good interaction with management
work hard play hard
good support from peers
good advancement opportunities
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
Forward thinking business that puts customer service before all else.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
The team works together with a single goal of making the best possible customer experience. The stress level is high as nothing but the best is acceptable.
Pros
Team work and benefits
Cons
very long hours
Telus provide excellent work life balance
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 May 2016
Telus provide flexible work life balance which is great.
A person can explore various departments. All departments rely on each other so there is excellent communication among people.
There is no work security there which is negative.
The management can be friendly and helpful. It varies from individual to individual.
The salary and benefits are lesser than other TELECOM Companies.
Enjoy working with telus
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
Enjoy working with telus, Great place to work with. Great work ethics, people are very nice, good work life balance. good benefits. Overall i recommend everyone to work here,
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 September 2016
Very good salary
- fair flexibility
- Very good co-workers
- Good managers that help you to achieve your goals always.
- Good benefits. All my colleagues were lovel
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Telus Mobility
SENIOR PRODUCT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Great atmosphere. Enjoy interacting with staff and clients. Management is always improving your skill in handling client complaints and sales techniques.
Pros
personal cell phone, employee rate plan, benefits
Good team of people
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 July 2016
It's an ok place to work. Definitely a stepping stone. Great employees are often overlooked and do not receive the necessary praise.

Managers are kind of a joke.
Its great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Awesome place to work if you know how to network.

Amazing benefits.

Great managers.

Work/life balance is achievable depending on which department.

Great recognition programs
not for front line customer care work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
the company used to be amazing, and i'm sure it depends on what department you work for so this is pertaining customer care and client facing teams.
over the last decade however they have cut fun extras, increased rates for insurance while removing more of what's covered within the insurance, there is almost no work life balance with vacation days being blocked off and managers being told NOT to make exceptions as well as scheduling being a disaster and with employees who take calls being pressured to take more calls in quicker succession, with more and harsher punishments if the company's idea of " ideals" is not being met. there is little to no advancement as openings for other departments are not considered seriously for those applying from client facing teams, and managers that are being hired seem to be only a small step up from used car salesmen both in competence and morals. this is a great place if you want to pass through, a student perhaps looking for something part time. but NOT for a career.
Pros
the pay is considered the highest in the industry
Cons
pretty much every thing else.
Advance Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 June 2016
Telus is an amazing place to work with many advancement and growth opportunity. Awesome pay and great benefits for health and dental. Unionised jobs.
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 April 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons
A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.
Excellent place to work
Network and Design Specialist, Technology Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
TELUS is a extraordinary place to work, very learning, respectful and diverse culture.
A Techical Design Specialist in Technology Strategy our day start with Technical and project meetings, where people share and listen technical views.
My Co-workers are very respectful to each other and ready to support whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job is to balance between work and personal life.
The most important part of the job is appreciation on every end of projects.
Management is committed to follow the guidelines and vision provided by higher management.
Pros
Learning, Bonus and opportunities to grow.
Cons
extensive workload

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location