TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Sales / Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 20, 2016
Its very fun work place and the people are great to work with, I had quiet good time and made some great people and company through this job. but time to move on into the next big thing.
Well-paid for call center work, but beware.
Helpdesk specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 19, 2016
Go into this with your eyes open. The company won't expend managerial effort on a daily basis on tracking certain misbehaviours an employee may be engaging in, UNTIL AND IF they decide possible disciplinary action is needed for something that they ARE tracking. Then they go back over weeks or months, and look.

And then they ambush you, in the investigative meeting for the possible disciplinary action. "Look what you were doing, which we weren't actively tracking, but you were responsible for, although you had no direct way to tell you were misbehaving!"

You'll have a union rep there if you're onshore, but I found that I was paying union dues and really not getting bang for my bucks.

Also, the recent implementation of the Service 2.0 paradigm was very badly mismanaged. Externally, this is called TELUS Personal Representative. They moved too many customers onto it too quickly, every call takes more time with the new, badly unfinished tools involved in this model, and you still had to use all of the usual ones.

People were calling when it was 6:00 in the morning in BC and 7:00 in the morning in Alberta, because of horrible wait times at other times of day, and even then, THEY WERE STILL WAITING TO TALK TO AN AGENT. (I supported customers in those two provinces, while I was there).

Since my departure, I have been hearing from friends still there that the work environment has gone downhill. Agents are being pressured hard to be more productive.

As I said, if you start working for this company, have your eyes open.
Pros
Good pay, for call-center work
Cons
Unethical behaviours by management in some situations
good experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 18, 2016
overall It was a good experience working at Telus. good in work life balance. hard to get chances for development. My Manager was a great person
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 18, 2016
Very good salary
- fair flexibility
- Very good co-workers
- Good managers that help you to achieve your goals always.
- Good benefits. All my colleagues were lovel
Poative work culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 14, 2016
Only the best things to say about the management and the work environment .
There was definitely the opportunity for advancement . Management was more than willing to help with career options .
na
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 11, 2016
good company to work for. Really good pay, people at Telus are friendly and like to help each other. The pension there is the best. The reason I would like to move is to get more office hours.
Great people fun place.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2016
Easy commute, good infrastructure, fun environment, great atmosphere working with people in the company. Enjoyed co workers and perks working for the company.
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
Excellent place to work
Senior Strategy Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
The best part of working at TELUS is the team. Team members have a passion for solving complex problems and having a strong customer-experience focus.
Great worklife balance
Marketing Communications Specialist, Social Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
-high performing culture
-typical day was fast paced
-learned to work collaboratively with many teams within the organization
-processes were challenging to follow
-most enjoyable part was cooworkers
-huge perk is the flexible workstyles allows employees to work from home and determine their own in office hours
Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers
great
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Excellent place to work for. I am very happy to be part of TELUS family. I truly believe that company believes in investing in you if you're putting the effort required.
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 6, 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
An engaging workplace with leading edge technologies
Senior Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2016
I very much enjoyed my career at TELUS. With its "We Give Where We Live" philanthropic philosophy, it is very easy to align one's core values with those of the company. Extensive employee development opportunities abound for those who are ambitious.
Pros
Great place to have a career
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 3, 2016
Great company to work for with plenty to offer to hard working employees.
Opportunities to work from home and sustained job security
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
productive
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2016
Improvement, tools and one on one to set a goal every week
caring
respect
evolve
Very important to value the client and listen very carefully and empathise.
A very friendly and secure environment

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location