TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2016
• As a Customer Service Representative, I was working in an inbound contact center dedicated to client account inquiries and sales support for TELUS customers. Some of my responsibilities included; reviewing requests from client and/or sales for telecom products and services, review, identify and follow-up on incomplete service requests and/or requirements, explain and discuss billing details, monitor and follow up on accounts with due dates in jeopardy, update account related documentation and initiate correspondence accordingly. On each call; sale opportunities must be identified in order to retain and enhance the customer relationship through up-selling/cross-selling
Very good product, very poor treatment
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2016
the general word on the street is that telus does not treat its customers that great, not bad, but not great. well be that as it may, they treat their employees a whole lot worse, at least in edmonton and when i was there...wow almost a decade ago....well perhaps they have gotten better but, well, i dont really care so moving on.
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
Great place to build and acquire skills
Team Manager (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 9, 2016
TELUS invests greatly in its employees. Good place to expand on your business acumen as well as learning about Organizational Development and Communication.
Good culture within the company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughMay 9, 2016
Overall, the company has a good culture. Like other corporations, they're asking everyone to do more with less, unfortunately that only lasts so long, it is the nature of the industry
Pros
work styles
Cons
politics
Productive and Fun work place
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  OntarioMay 6, 2016
The organization has a good work/life balance and the management is cooperative and takes initiatives for employee welfare. Team members are amazing and supportive
Excellent Workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Energetic and Cooperative People.

Help to guide Employees in their work level at their best.
Introduce New guidelines and help them to go through the process of building skills in their natural orientation.
Room for Growth within Company
SALES & PRODUCT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONMay 3, 2016
Fun, fast-paced work environment. Work front line assisting clients in their telecommunication needs.
Staff always eager to assist in training.
Telus is both client and staff oriented.
Telus is a Communication business
Technology Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I like working at Telus because I got to interact with the employees that I had to support, this give me the learn experience but answering and answering a lot of questions in this environment
Fun place to work and it was close to home.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  200 Consilium Place in ScarboroughApril 27, 2016
Good place to and had lots of fun with co-workers. We had regular team meetings, talking about any outstanding issues or personal problems.
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Pros
free living and transportation
Cons
arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
Productive and innovative work experience
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2016
working with an enthusiastic group of people, we always look for better, more fun ways of working ... it is always encourage to bring forth new ideas and way to improve company and ways of working ...
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons
A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
Amazing company to work for in every aspect
Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 24, 2016
- a typical day at work would include a "huddle" (meeting) at the beginning of each day , talking to customers and educating them on the services, setting up installation dates, checking address availability, solving issues addressed, completing tasks sent by "Order Entry," lunch break, selling services.

- I learned to multitask under pressure, how to deal with customers over the phone in a professional manner, book customers and sell products, gain knowledge on Telus TV, Phone and Internet services, learn about new changes within the company extremely fast as it was constantly changing.

- Management was amazing! They made sure to make us feel like we could be ourselves and be comfortable as long as we did our job and achieved the goals they set for us as individuals and as a team. They taught us to build each other up and acknowledged everything that went on, especially the good.

- Coworkers worked extremely hard. We were all a family but we worked everyday in "competition" to get us more focused on reaching our goals. Everyone was so sweet and caring and I still consider them my family.

-Nothing was hard about this job. The people and the environment made everything great,

- Working with a team we called Family.
Great company to work for, even as a contractor
Consulting Telecommunications Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Very well designed business management and operations. Minimum stand down time, complemented by a steady and continuous work load.
Pros
Simple process recording work hours
Cons
Good
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Great corporate culture; very structured organization and plenty of room for advancement if you are a permanent employee (not if you're a contractor).
Hard work but rewarding
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCApril 13, 2016
This was my first real job coming out of university and my first real introduction to sales. It was tough work going door to door, definitely not an easy sale. However it really is a good way to learn what works for you and what doesn't. This job taught me a lot about my own approach to sales.
Pros
Outdoors All Day
Cons
Late Nights
Horribly Bias, with Zero Rescpect for Personal Life
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Horribly Bias, with Zero Respect for Personal Life.
If you cannot drop everything you are doing at once to cover shifts of pick up someone else's mistake, you will be in the bad books.
Overly aggressive work environment for no reason.
Pros
You get paid money for being there
Cons
Everything Else
Engaging, fast paced environment with great work life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
TELUS is a great company to work for as a finance/accounting professional. The Finance team is engaging, fast paced and offers positions in many different areas (Corp FP&A, Tax, Treasury, M&A, Investor Relations etc). The work life balance is very important to TELUS and something that is taken seriously from the CEO down to customer facing sales agents.
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.