TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
Pros: compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons: A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: Good benifits and union pay
Cons: Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Engaging, fast paced environment with great work life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
TELUS is a great company to work for as a finance/accounting professional. The Finance team is engaging, fast paced and offers positions in many different areas (Corp FP&A, Tax, Treasury, M&A, Investor Relations etc). The work life balance is very important to TELUS and something that is taken seriously from the CEO down to customer facing sales agents.
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: free living and transportation
Cons: arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons: None I can think of
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Interesting and Constantly changing and advancing.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Telus is a great place to work. There are a lot of rewards and bonuses based on how hard you work. Typical work involves getting to know your clients and how to fulfill their everyday needs with their devices. You need to be able to solve problems and do quick research to get the client the products or answers they need on a daily basis.
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
Monitoring all of Telus Internet Data Centers For Managed Customers (MITS).
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: 3x12.5 work week
Cons: Headcount due to re-org has us falling behind a little.
My team monitors, makes requested changes, makes sure servers are up and running 24/7/365. Most coworkers are newer and less qualified so I try to help them as much as I can, but our team is lacking head-count due to Re-organizations, which has put a heavy strain/OT on our team.
Amazing Experience
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
I love my job at Telus and the people I work with, this job gives me the freedom to work on my own as well as part of a team which I thoroughly enjoy. There is always something new to learn here, every day is different which I really like because I am always learning new things and growing in my position. I get along with my every single one of my co-workers and feel very lucky to consider them my friends and not just people I work with, it makes coming to work everyday very easy.
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.
Enjoyable workplace with an amazing team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Team, Great Customers, Good Pay
Cons: My distance I need to travel for work, either than that its an excellent company
-I've dramatically improved my sales ability.
-A typical day includes cleaning duties (dusting, sweeping, moping, wiping down demos and displays) as well as delivering excellent customer service to each customer, promoting our special offers, letting the customer known about our home services, tablet plans and credit card opportunities.
-We have a great team here!
-Hardest part of the job is upselling for the credit cards. I strive in the other areas however credit card applications I find very difficult, that only makes me try harder until I can learn to be as successful with that as I am with our other products.
fun exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: goal driven, free lunch or money bonus
Cons: hours of operation didn't fit into lifestyle
working for telus was awesome i loved being three and around the people in management and also my team in red deer. unfortunately i was forced to leave due to the hours we had to work which were 12-830 PM everyday which was conflicting with my hockey at night, there were very understanding and would allow me to leave early but that obviously came at a salary cut due to the straight commission based salary.
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Horribly Bias, with Zero Rescpect for Personal Life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: You get paid money for being there
Cons: Everything Else
Horribly Bias, with Zero Respect for Personal Life.
If you cannot drop everything you are doing at once to cover shifts of pick up someone else's mistake, you will be in the bad books.
Overly aggressive work environment for no reason.
Hard work but rewarding
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: Outdoors All Day
Cons: Late Nights
This was my first real job coming out of university and my first real introduction to sales. It was tough work going door to door, definitely not an easy sale. However it really is a good way to learn what works for you and what doesn't. This job taught me a lot about my own approach to sales.
working with my peers on projects is a very rewarding experience
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 19, 2016
my work on a day to day basis, consisted of upgrading and migrating clients to other domains. Troubleshooting is an ongoing daily task. Working on projects for new environments as well as communicating with external clients regarding fixing hardware and upgrading firmware.
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership. The leadership only really cares about being Yes men to CEO and shareholders. Company is very innovative, but difficult place to work in. My co-workers were wonderful but felt the same frustrations with leadership that I did
Interesting work
Network Designer (Current Employee), BCMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Work from home, good pay
Cons: It`s like every other large company - poor communication and the constant threat of layoffs
Lots of varied work to do; great manager. One`s experience always depends on the department. Some are good, some not so much. No real complaints about being at Telus.
Horrible employer
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 4, 2016
A pale shadow of what once was. Greedy shareholders and a failure to implement new R&D have left them on life support. Miserly, inflexible, and incompetent / disconnected upper management make this an employer to stay away from, or watch them very, very closely.
Headquarters