TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
productive
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2016
Improvement, tools and one on one to set a goal every week
caring
respect
evolve
Very important to value the client and listen very carefully and empathise.
A very friendly and secure environment
Work from home program
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
I loved that most of my work time was from home. I was a management professional with Telus and I had an opportunity to work from home. Work life balance was important to me and Telus is great at that.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Feeling left out with my team.
Good team of people
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 4, 2016
It's an ok place to work. Definitely a stepping stone. Great employees are often overlooked and do not receive the necessary praise.

Managers are kind of a joke.
Productive and Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work was building interpersonal relationships with many different clients that came to the store. Driving and closing sales was a priority.
Its great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
Awesome place to work if you know how to network.

Amazing benefits.

Great managers.

Work/life balance is achievable depending on which department.

Great recognition programs
great culture and great place to work
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
very good
RAN & Core Tester (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 14, 2016
great Manager, great work environment, great company, had a very good experience working as RAN/Core Tester at Telus in 2015-2016,
Welcoming, supportive and ever-changing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2016
Having joined TELUS with its Marketing Development Program, I expected to complete 3-4 rotations before landing onto a team permanently. Instead, upon starting my second role, I joined the TELUS digital team in what never felt like a temporary position. From the depth and breadth of responsibilities I was trusted with to the amount of support I received from the sidelines, it quickly felt like home. Opting to take a Project Manager role instead of continuing to rotate through the marketing organization was a pivotal point in my career, which led to nearly five years of advocating my digital team to product managers, designers and developers alike! It's truly been a pleasure to kick off and build my career with TELUS digital.
Pros
Lean and agile, empowered, casual, collaborative, fun
Cons
Unlike TELUS' workstyles (work from home), expected to be in the office nearly daily due to the collaborative nature of our work, including annual re-structuring to suit our changing needs
What it's like to work at EPCOR
Technology Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
I start off my day by seeing if any requests came in from the night before that I missed and getting back to emails and missed calls. Then I finish up anything that is ready to be shipped or deployed out to the clients. Then if I had any appointments to set up phones or tokens, I do those.
I might not learn something new every day but I get to understand different roles and processes of other teams.
My managers usually have their own things to deal with day to day so we typically don't engage too much, unless I do have a question or just simple small talk.
My co-workers, again, have their own jobs to do, either setting up computers, moving people, or troubleshooting an issue over the phone. We do have conversations throughout the day but we are usually all pretty busy.
The hardest part of my job would be the amount of work that comes in in one day or during the week and I have to schedule my day as productive as possible to make sure I meet the company's demands. The best part of my job is getting something completed for my client's whether it was setting up their corporate phone or new computer and just seeing them happy. I do enjoy interacting with everyone and when I do get the opportunity to visit a different site, it's nice to see the people I talk to regularly in person.
Pros
Get some OT
Cons
On my feet most of the day
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!
Good Work life balance
Service Delivery Specialit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Good Work life balance. Managers were better than most other places I have worked. If I had any complaint, it was that the company is slow in implementing changes.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Telus Summary
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2016
A hard job that requires your attention almost 24/7 while at the job as it is very busy. Management is a nice and come in to see how everything is running. Co-workers are always what keep you at the job and coming back.
Too many changes makes it hard to recommend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 1, 2016
When I started working for Telus last year things were great, the pay was great, the people were great, the environment was positive. Great!

But month after month things started going further downhill.

First of all, they removed the store manager from his position before finding a replacement, it has been 3 months without any real store manager (they just got someone last week who they are training).

Secondly, they restructured the way commissions work, cutting my personal take home by about 40%. What really sucks about this structure is that if someone else does something wrong on the team, I am the one who is financially penalized.

Third, we keep getting told that if our numbers don't improve as a store then everyone will be fired and replaced ( not exactly a great motivator). Its funny, because the majority of us are hitting the goals that we are given but as we don't have a real leader in the store, we don't get the consistency to know what to improve on.

Fourth, for such a large company, they tend to avoid discussing advancement opportunities - when we bring it up we get a generic "there are opportunities to advance" but no real direction on how to get there or even what is out there.

Finally, the only real positive I can say right now, is that I don't have to take home work with me which is nice so I can go home to my family and switch off.
Pros
Great co-workers, not taking work home with me.
Cons
poor management decisions, terrible pay structure, no advancement
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
High stressful job Fast pasted environment Tied to desk
Customer Service Representative Small Business (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 31, 2016
Peers are great and always willing to assist. Fast pasted environment. clients can be a bit challenging. Managers are constantly looking for ways to discipline. High stressful job.
Pros
Great pears competitive pay. Unionized enviroment
Cons
Unreasonable Metrics. always offering packages do to outsourcing call center jobs overseas
Very outgoing and fun!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 30, 2016
Very fun always moving and learning, good team environment and get lots of customer experience! Learn how to pitch to people and help people get the best of there money!

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location