TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 6, 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
Great worklife balance
Marketing Communications Specialist, Social Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
-high performing culture
-typical day was fast paced
-learned to work collaboratively with many teams within the organization
-processes were challenging to follow
-most enjoyable part was cooworkers
-huge perk is the flexible workstyles allows employees to work from home and determine their own in office hours
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!
I very much enjoyed the atmosphere at TELUS; Their commitment and dedication to the local communities in which they operate is unparalleled.
Consumer Solutions Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
Great employer with many benefits!
Very engaging leadership teams throughout TELUS!
I would highly recommend TELUS for long term fulfilling employment!
I enjoyed working with young professionals who were driven to success by creating their own personal growth programs!
Pros
Excellent pension and share plan!
Cons
Lots of "time robbers".
Productive and Fun workplace
Soutien Technique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
Telus was a great place to work at. Very nice people and well organized. Easy to change your schedule and give away shifts which means that the scheduling was flexible.

It was a fun place to work at because there were TVs for you to watch on your breaks and lunch and also with some video games console like PS4 and xBox One. There were also a pool table and a fussball table to play with.

Had very fun and would recommend everyone to work there.
Pros
Furlough available if a lot of Idles.
Cons
No Cons really
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
An engaging workplace with leading edge technologies
Senior Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2016
I very much enjoyed my career at TELUS. With its "We Give Where We Live" philanthropic philosophy, it is very easy to align one's core values with those of the company. Extensive employee development opportunities abound for those who are ambitious.
Pros
Great place to have a career
Telus provide excellent work life balance
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 26, 2016
Telus provide flexible work life balance which is great.
A person can explore various departments. All departments rely on each other so there is excellent communication among people.
There is no work security there which is negative.
The management can be friendly and helpful. It varies from individual to individual.
The salary and benefits are lesser than other TELECOM Companies.
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2016
• As a Customer Service Representative, I was working in an inbound contact center dedicated to client account inquiries and sales support for TELUS customers. Some of my responsibilities included; reviewing requests from client and/or sales for telecom products and services, review, identify and follow-up on incomplete service requests and/or requirements, explain and discuss billing details, monitor and follow up on accounts with due dates in jeopardy, update account related documentation and initiate correspondence accordingly. On each call; sale opportunities must be identified in order to retain and enhance the customer relationship through up-selling/cross-selling
High stressful job Fast pasted environment Tied to desk
Customer Service Representative Small Business (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 31, 2016
Peers are great and always willing to assist. Fast pasted environment. clients can be a bit challenging. Managers are constantly looking for ways to discipline. High stressful job.
Pros
Great pears competitive pay. Unionized enviroment
Cons
Unreasonable Metrics. always offering packages do to outsourcing call center jobs overseas
a great place to work and have a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 11, 2016
A typical day consists of back to back orders, inquiries and telephone calls. To say that we multi-tasked is an understatement. As this may be hectic to most, it was a very enjoyable work environment. Team work was crucial to meet all the day to day deadlines as well as the deadlines commanded by the CRTC. Co-workers were encouraged to laugh and enjoy the workplace. We got treated very well at TELUS. If it wasn't for the offshoring, I would still be working there.
Pros
grea company
Cons
not a fan of the offshoring
Very good product, very poor treatment
Installation and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 19, 2016
the general word on the street is that telus does not treat its customers that great, not bad, but not great. well be that as it may, they treat their employees a whole lot worse, at least in edmonton and when i was there...wow almost a decade ago....well perhaps they have gotten better but, well, i dont really care so moving on.
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons
A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
great culture and great place to work
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2016
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Pros
free living and transportation
Cons
arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location