TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: Good benifits and union pay
Cons: Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
Hollow Shell of a Company
Account Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Management is not interested in advancing your career or helping your development. Training budget is non-existent. Benefits are excellent and work/life balance is next to none. Work from home!
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Base pay plus commission and health care benefits, discounts, strong support system.
Cons: None that I have encountered.
Telus has shown me in the short time I have worked there that they are a great company who not only cares about all of their customers, but that they care about their employees as well.

Weekly coaching sessions with your manager will help you stay on track with performance goals. Telus is always changing and adapting to what customers need, but they listen to their sales staff who are the front line of the business.

There are tons and tons of incentives offered to staff members in order to achieve and exceed sales targets, as well as to stick with the company.

Part time team members get the same incentives as full time, the same discounts, and even health benefits!

Every day is different, management is supportive, and coworkers are all amazing.

Honestly, the hardest part of the job is just keeping up to date with the ever changing promotions. However, they have a handy online tool to help you do just that.

Telus values a continuous learning environment and is supportive to help you grow as a team member!

I highly recommend this company. I thought it would be hard to go back to a part time retail position after being in the full time work force in a career for so long, but the transition was simple since it's been such a positive experience.
One of the best companies I have worked for
Director, Systems for Business Intelligence (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Telus had a very progressive culture and provided an excellent environment for career progression. Management was very competent and educated in the key areas of business and technology.
BI and IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
TELUS is a great place with good work life balance. Well understanding senior management and supportive. Pay could be better. Training and career progress could be better as well.
fun exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: goal driven, free lunch or money bonus
Cons: hours of operation didn't fit into lifestyle
working for telus was awesome i loved being three and around the people in management and also my team in red deer. unfortunately i was forced to leave due to the hours we had to work which were 12-830 PM everyday which was conflicting with my hockey at night, there were very understanding and would allow me to leave early but that obviously came at a salary cut due to the straight commission based salary.
Technology Architect / Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Good place to work. Multi culture. Team work. Balance between work and life. Flexible work style. A lot of leaning opportunity. Different management style in different team.
“Great place to work ”
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement, great life/work balance.
Cons: As a big company, it is a pretty conservative culture. There is no entrepreneurial culture, and much of the work is heavily segmented.
Work from home policy is beneficial for work life balance.Great co-workers and support system at work. Great Benefits. Awesome compensation.
Highly recommended company
Loyalty & Retention Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Over all Telus communciations is a great company to work for. Management work hard to help their employees move within the company as well take time and effort to progress and benefit everyone.
Enjoyable Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Poor leadership
Overall had a great work experience with the company and its employees. Felt like there was no more room for growth/advancement and no longer felt challenged or engaged.
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.
Good Work life balance
Business Systems Analyst I (Finance Operations) (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: good work life balance
Great work life balance.
Best company for working mothers as they allow work from home 3 days a week.

Management is good and motivating.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons: None I can think of
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Very dynamic and fulfilling
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Workstyle, training, and benefits.
Cons: Long hours
TELUS is one of the best employers indeed. You will develop a solid foundation as a TELUS team member and have the tools to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
High paced, result driven enviroment
Client Service Manager II (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Flexiable work enviroment inncluding work from home option
Cons: Long hours. 24/7 availability is a common requirement for management positions
The organization has extremely high demands of its employees and you have to be willing to put in a hard days work for decent pay. The environment is in a constant state of change so adaptable to ambiguity is a must. Overall the TELUS team is a highly motivated and skilled group of individuals that are great to work with.
Flexible work location and great benefits.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 14, 2015
Pros: Work from Home program
Cons: Workload and long hours
My work is very analytical and report heavy. Great experience. I would recommend working for TELUS to anyone.

You have to own your career advancement. You bonus is dependent on your performance ratings.
Telus is a great place to work!
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Co workers, Compensation/benefits, lifestyle
I have really enjoyed my time at Telus and found that the people working within Telus are the best part about the job. The compensation and benefits are great. The management is well trained and genuinely care about the employees.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Very strict work life. Not much life balance
Good job security. They have a sneaky way of restructuring the company. They would find every reason to terminate an employee if they know a department is closing and they don't want to pay that employee out or pay them more by moving them to other departments. Overall it is a good company to work for and the pay is good.
Great job, tough lifestyle
sales representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Money & people
Cons: Wednesday - Sunday work days. Travelling a lot.
Door to door sales is tough for obvious reasons.

The culture is fantastic, the benefits are great if you're great, and the people that work there are fantastic.

However, personal life takes a drastic hit.
Headquarters