TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

not for front line customer care work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
the company used to be amazing, and i'm sure it depends on what department you work for so this is pertaining customer care and client facing teams.
over the last decade however they have cut fun extras, increased rates for insurance while removing more of what's covered within the insurance, there is almost no work life balance with vacation days being blocked off and managers being told NOT to make exceptions as well as scheduling being a disaster and with employees who take calls being pressured to take more calls in quicker succession, with more and harsher punishments if the company's idea of " ideals" is not being met. there is little to no advancement as openings for other departments are not considered seriously for those applying from client facing teams, and managers that are being hired seem to be only a small step up from used car salesmen both in competence and morals. this is a great place if you want to pass through, a student perhaps looking for something part time. but NOT for a career.
Pros
the pay is considered the highest in the industry
Cons
pretty much every thing else.
Excellent comany to work for. Tier 1 organization with excellent benefits, great people while mantaining a work life balance.
Manager Planning and Engineering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Tier 1 organization where culture of believing in team members success is the number one contributor to the continued success of the organization.
Progressive Culture
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
Loved working at TELUS. Progressive & positive work environment. They treat employees fairly. Continuous improvement focus.
Call Centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
Customer Service Agent for Telus.

I took calls from clients and maintained a happy and pleasant voice at all times. I worked with customers who were trying to pay bills, update account information, or cancel services.
Good atmosphere
Telecom Programmer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Excellent work place environment
- great facilities and work perks
- manageable work load
- Easy to use applications
- good management
- good work life balance
Telus job experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
The typical day at work is for people who are determined to make the sales. Many of our co workers had to take the bus.I also learned how to socialize with different kinds of people and different behaviours. The management strategies were quite effective. The manager also would make us wear dress shirts and a tie. My Co-workers were very kind and helpful, whenever there was problems they would assist. And the hardest part of the job was selling to people door to door, The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside all the time and working as a team
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Gets really hot
good experience
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
nice group of guys to work with, management is good they set you up with the right tools to succeed. good experience as a stepping stone to a brighter future in Telecommunications.
Starting point of my IT Career
DESKSIDE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON25 November 2016
This was my first IT Support job, which has given me a comprehensive understanding of the entire IT industry and all its operations. Over 700 employees to provide support.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Long Hours
What I Learned
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
I learned a lot from TELUS.
I had never worked a telecommunications job before and I really enjoyed it.
I learned how to activate and renew contracts
Ship and repair phones, as well as up-sell many interesting and beneficial add-ons so customers leave the store satisfied
Pros
Interesting line of work
Cons
Employees
Great sales atomosphere
Senior Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
Gave me a life long appreciation for management in all industries, as well as further developed my interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Great culture and environment
Client Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada, BC22 November 2016
Great company to learn and grow from. A lot of room to learn and get educated each role. Telus provides a lot of flexibility with life and work balance which create a stress free environment to work.
Awesome workplace
Corporate Activation Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Flexible work-life balance
good support from peers
good advancement opportunities
Clean &green
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2016
I loved working for this company dew to I worked hard and meat new people . I Loved working heard 5 days a week . the hours were great . the pay was not to bad .
Pros
great hours
Cons
not enough pay
Fun evnrionment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
I lead a team of sales representatives in order to meet weekly goals.
Co-workers where friendly and fun to work with. I really liked the environment
Decent place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern AB9 November 2016
Found getting further within the company hard due to cut backs and lay offs.

Management unwilling to adapt and update to less archaic ways of business
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
no recognition
Excellent place to work
Network and Design Specialist, Technology Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
TELUS is a extraordinary place to work, very learning, respectful and diverse culture.
A Techical Design Specialist in Technology Strategy our day start with Technical and project meetings, where people share and listen technical views.
My Co-workers are very respectful to each other and ready to support whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job is to balance between work and personal life.
The most important part of the job is appreciation on every end of projects.
Management is committed to follow the guidelines and vision provided by higher management.
Pros
Learning, Bonus and opportunities to grow.
Cons
extensive workload
Telus Mobility Edmonton Alberta
Mobile Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB8 November 2016
This is a decent company to work for, depending on who is your manager, and the culture the manager helps to create through his guidance of employees as well as what the manager accepts as proper behavior in the workplace.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good product
Cons
workplace culture might or might not be great depending on the circumstances.
A organization with a strong training and development focus
Database Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A training and development-focused organization with a clear roadmap for training employees to sustain and enhance the productivity of the organization as a whole. A transparent and open form of communication addressing employee’s need to feel that what they have to say has value.
Pros
Learning and development opportunities
Cons
No job security
Productive, busy and fun place to work
RECEPTIONIST & EVENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Overall satisfied with the work environment. Great place to work. Friendly people. Busy location, lots to do.
I have learnt how to better multi-task as I have multiple roles. I have also learnt how to better engage with others. It's been a pleasure working with TELUS.
Enjoy working with telus
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
Enjoy working with telus, Great place to work with. Great work ethics, people are very nice, good work life balance. good benefits. Overall i recommend everyone to work here,

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location