TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Hollow Shell of a Company
Account Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Management is not interested in advancing your career or helping your development. Training budget is non-existent. Benefits are excellent and work/life balance is next to none. Work from home!
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Pros
benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons
None I can think of
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 17, 2016
Telus has shown me in the short time I have worked there that they are a great company who not only cares about all of their customers, but that they care about their employees as well.

Weekly coaching sessions with your manager will help you stay on track with performance goals. Telus is always changing and adapting to what customers need, but they listen to their sales staff who are the front line of the business.

There are tons and tons of incentives offered to staff members in order to achieve and exceed sales targets, as well as to stick with the company.

Part time team members get the same incentives as full time, the same discounts, and even health benefits!

Every day is different, management is supportive, and coworkers are all amazing.

Honestly, the hardest part of the job is just keeping up to date with the ever changing promotions. However, they have a handy online tool to help you do just that.

Telus values a continuous learning environment and is supportive to help you grow as a team member!

I highly recommend this company. I thought it would be hard to go back to a part time retail position after being in the full time work force in a career for so long, but the transition was simple since it's been such a positive experience.
Pros
Base pay plus commission and health care benefits, discounts, strong support system.
Cons
None that I have encountered.
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
fun exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 2, 2016
working for telus was awesome i loved being three and around the people in management and also my team in red deer. unfortunately i was forced to leave due to the hours we had to work which were 12-830 PM everyday which was conflicting with my hockey at night, there were very understanding and would allow me to leave early but that obviously came at a salary cut due to the straight commission based salary.
Pros
goal driven, free lunch or money bonus
Cons
hours of operation didn't fit into lifestyle
Enjoyable Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Overall had a great work experience with the company and its employees. Felt like there was no more room for growth/advancement and no longer felt challenged or engaged.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Stressful and little to no support
Technical Customer Service Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
I worked at Telus for a few months. The call volume was insanely high. A 100+ calls day was not out of the ordinary, while expected to keep on top of emails as well. No breaks are provided besides lunch, so you are expected to work all that time with no break in between calls.

OK salary, was told it was "high" because of the requirements of the job but any other jobs doing same thing all pays the same thing. Great benefits. That's about the only good thing.

They do not care about your medical needs and will get rid of you because of that.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks, high workload with little time to do everything
Very dynamic and fulfilling
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2016
TELUS is one of the best employers indeed. You will develop a solid foundation as a TELUS team member and have the tools to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
Pros
Workstyle, training, and benefits.
Cons
Telus is a great place to work!
Client Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 2, 2015
I have really enjoyed my time at Telus and found that the people working within Telus are the best part about the job. The compensation and benefits are great. The management is well trained and genuinely care about the employees.
Pros
Co workers, Compensation/benefits, lifestyle
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 6, 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
“Great place to work ”
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
Work from home policy is beneficial for work life balance.Great co-workers and support system at work. Great Benefits. Awesome compensation.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, great life/work balance.
Cons
As a big company, it is a pretty conservative culture. There is no entrepreneurial culture, and much of the work is heavily segmented.
Excellent Company
Security Consultant 2 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2015
Telus is a very positive company with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Telus has a multitude of members who have been with the company for 20-30+ years. Speaks volumes for a companies reputation.
Very busy day of continues work
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 9, 2015
lack of direction from upper management
good multicultural environment.
lots of social activity.
good time management procedures and additional benefits are plenty
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
Welcoming, supportive and ever-changing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2016
Having joined TELUS with its Marketing Development Program, I expected to complete 3-4 rotations before landing onto a team permanently. Instead, upon starting my second role, I joined the TELUS digital team in what never felt like a temporary position. From the depth and breadth of responsibilities I was trusted with to the amount of support I received from the sidelines, it quickly felt like home. Opting to take a Project Manager role instead of continuing to rotate through the marketing organization was a pivotal point in my career, which led to nearly five years of advocating my digital team to product managers, designers and developers alike! It's truly been a pleasure to kick off and build my career with TELUS digital.
Pros
Lean and agile, empowered, casual, collaborative, fun
Cons
Unlike TELUS' workstyles (work from home), expected to be in the office nearly daily due to the collaborative nature of our work, including annual re-structuring to suit our changing needs
Great job, tough lifestyle
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
Door to door sales is tough for obvious reasons.

The culture is fantastic, the benefits are great if you're great, and the people that work there are fantastic.

However, personal life takes a drastic hit.
Pros
Money & people
Cons
Wednesday - Sunday work days. Travelling a lot.
fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 24, 2016
• As a Customer Service Representative, I was working in an inbound contact center dedicated to client account inquiries and sales support for TELUS customers. Some of my responsibilities included; reviewing requests from client and/or sales for telecom products and services, review, identify and follow-up on incomplete service requests and/or requirements, explain and discuss billing details, monitor and follow up on accounts with due dates in jeopardy, update account related documentation and initiate correspondence accordingly. On each call; sale opportunities must be identified in order to retain and enhance the customer relationship through up-selling/cross-selling
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location