TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

An excellent place to work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 January 2017
Incredible career with much training and trust in the employee. (at least in my case) Great management, opportunity to advance and move to different areas, and huge projects were my personal highlights of my career. Would recommend working at Telus to anyone.
Very mismanaged organization, from the top down
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 January 2017
Company seems intent on hiring contractors at whatever cost. Once good hard working union workers replaced by people who only work in fear of losing there jobs with matrix that seem unrealistic .
Great co workers who motivate one another
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC20 January 2017
Telus is a great place to work with good benefits and good coworkers who motivate each other to strive to do their best. Unfortunetly, theres no advancement within the company. Not many locations to move to because the dealership is a small company with 6-7 stores. Otherwise pay and work and life balance is good.
Pros
Good benefits and Good incentives
Cons
Not much sales due to the location of store
Great Work-Life balance
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canada19 January 2017
Very good culture. Love the option of Flexibility to work from home. Great Benefits. Compensation is at par with other companies of same size.
Pros
Workstyles - Ability to work from home
Cons
Too many layers of management. For example, to manage a small team of Recruiters - you have a manager / director, VP and EVP!!! Too much time spent on Strategic planning, meetings, reporting and presentation VS Actual work and on deliverable.
Very good place to work
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC19 January 2017
Management very supportive. We worked hard and had fun as well
Good pay and benefits. We had sick days and balance days.
very good training program. Employees are valued.
Typical corporate environment
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
In 11 years with the company I was treated fairly and compensated very well for what I was doing. I'd probably still be there if I didn't feel I was going to be dodging a severance package for the rest of my career, as many departments face outsourcing/off-shoring. I did find often, people that weren't capable of effectively managing would get promoted to management based on personal relationship as opposed to actual work experience, but that is really just how the game is played everywhere you go so nothing out of the ordinary. Co-Workers were usually phenomenal and it was most often them that kept me showing up on a daily basis. Great performing Employee Share Plan and benefits.
Pros
Occassional Free Lunches; Team Christmas Celebrations;
Cons
Employee recognition is not great; Quite often, the wrong people get promoted; Union environment doesn't separate hard workers from less productive
great place to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2017
good place to work for. nice friendly staff. I learned a lot about the telecommunications industry. thr job is hard to start out at first but will get easier over time.
Pros
well paid
Cons
not able to advance with in the company
The culture was good
Channel Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 January 2017
A typical work day would involve helping clients manage their accounts.

I learned data handling skills during my time at this job.

The job was contract based to there was no real position to advance to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues in the same position.
Telus
L & R Specialist II Mobility AHA - Scarborough (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2017
Great company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Challenging position negotiating with customers cell phone purchases and plans. As loyalty representative additional tools and perks to offer customers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Company reduced the tools to work with (customer perks) making position very challenging
Great place to work overall
Senior Technical Program / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
Offers a good work / life balance with the ability to work from various locations. A very ambitious culture that respects everyone's opinions and values; generally good management team.
Pros
Mobile work place, decent work / life balance and flexibility
A typical TELCO
CSM, TELUS Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
Overall no better or worse than the next TELCO.
Middle management appears to be restructured on an annual basis.. little room for upward mobility as the senior management is directly connected to the CEO /President
Pros
solid company with good shareholder growth
Cons
Shareholders first.. management second.. employees at bottom of the list
Good company.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Telus does a great job of making their employees feel welcome. They are probably the most client focused of the 'Big Three' telecom companies, and as such there is sell of a focus on selling, and more of a focus of giving great service and retaining clients.
Good place to work for.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Work was sometimes hectic but I got to learn a lot. The co-workers were nice and friendly and the project manger was good. Work load was more but still had fun.
great benefits
Corporate Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Great benefits. Strong focus on putting clients first. Too much offshoring now. Keep jobs in Canada. Need to invest more in employees. More focus needed for Leadership Development program.
Pros
pension plan, benefits
Cons
sub par management
Not unlike any telco
Darren's slave (Current Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
My experience with Telus is very close to that at Bell Canada.
1. Great manager
2. Great director
3. Good coworkers (some not so much)
4. Interesting projects
5. Ample opportunities to learn

The downside is there is too much work and not enough people. I liken to trying to squeeze blood from a stone. There are constant reorganizations (Bell was not like this) which creates confusion, chaos, introduces new people and is not congruent with delivering exceptional customer service. I'm not sure if the end goal is outsource every piece of work to India or what. That appears to be what "executive management" is working towards.

Some within Telus still have jobs despite their gross incompetence. That shocks me. I expect that in government.

Again, everyone's experience is different based on their department and manager. I have been fortunate to work for a manager that cares.
Pros
Lots of interesting work
Cons
Too much work
telus
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC4 January 2017
Telus is focusing of more outsourcing their business than doing anything else, lots of onshore voluntary retirement was offered in last few years.

The prospect in Montreal for TELUS career is very limited and based on nepotism. One's educational background and interest for a certain position along with Key Performance Indicators are highly ignored.
Working at Telus
sales and service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Telus provides excellent training and comfortable work environment.
A good benefits package and great vacation time.

A large turn around with front line workers and management.
Constant changes in procedures and policies are a negative for me.

An option to work from home a big plus ,

Overall it has been a great experience and I was able to work with some great people.
Pros
Telus provides excellent training and comfortable work environment.
Cons
A large turn around with front line workers and management.
Good Place
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Telus is a good place to work, it is one of the top company that pays for the service, it is also unionize and makes it an equality for all employee and management
Pretty nice place to be, with nice people, and good interactions
NSO (Network Support & Operations) Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Pretty nice place to work. Good Management style, practicing the servant leadership, always ready to provide what you need to achieve the company's desired result.
Pros
Good Leadership style
Cons
Hard work schedule
Good pay, fun work, poor job culture.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC30 December 2016
Its fun work, and its interesting and challenging. The downsides come with how the company values their employees. The management is focusing on what we aren't doing or doing badly rather than what we are doing well. They have policies about advancement that are unbelievably stupid, and I feel like I have no future there.
Pros
Good co-workers, fun work, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management, lack of worker support, questionably policies