TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers
great
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Excellent place to work for. I am very happy to be part of TELUS family. I truly believe that company believes in investing in you if you're putting the effort required.
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 11, 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 6, 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
An engaging workplace with leading edge technologies
Senior Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2016
I very much enjoyed my career at TELUS. With its "We Give Where We Live" philanthropic philosophy, it is very easy to align one's core values with those of the company. Extensive employee development opportunities abound for those who are ambitious.
Pros
Great place to have a career
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 3, 2016
Great company to work for with plenty to offer to hard working employees.
Opportunities to work from home and sustained job security
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
productive
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 26, 2016
Improvement, tools and one on one to set a goal every week
caring
respect
evolve
Very important to value the client and listen very carefully and empathise.
A very friendly and secure environment
Work from home program
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
I loved that most of my work time was from home. I was a management professional with Telus and I had an opportunity to work from home. Work life balance was important to me and Telus is great at that.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Feeling left out with my team.
Good team of people
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 4, 2016
It's an ok place to work. Definitely a stepping stone. Great employees are often overlooked and do not receive the necessary praise.

Managers are kind of a joke.
Productive and Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
Typical day at work was building interpersonal relationships with many different clients that came to the store. Driving and closing sales was a priority.
Its great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
Awesome place to work if you know how to network.

Amazing benefits.

Great managers.

Work/life balance is achievable depending on which department.

Great recognition programs
great culture and great place to work
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2016
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
very good
RAN & Core Tester (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 14, 2016
great Manager, great work environment, great company, had a very good experience working as RAN/Core Tester at Telus in 2015-2016,
Welcoming, supportive and ever-changing
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 12, 2016
Having joined TELUS with its Marketing Development Program, I expected to complete 3-4 rotations before landing onto a team permanently. Instead, upon starting my second role, I joined the TELUS digital team in what never felt like a temporary position. From the depth and breadth of responsibilities I was trusted with to the amount of support I received from the sidelines, it quickly felt like home. Opting to take a Project Manager role instead of continuing to rotate through the marketing organization was a pivotal point in my career, which led to nearly five years of advocating my digital team to product managers, designers and developers alike! It's truly been a pleasure to kick off and build my career with TELUS digital.
Pros
Lean and agile, empowered, casual, collaborative, fun
Cons
Unlike TELUS' workstyles (work from home), expected to be in the office nearly daily due to the collaborative nature of our work, including annual re-structuring to suit our changing needs
What it's like to work at EPCOR
Technology Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
I start off my day by seeing if any requests came in from the night before that I missed and getting back to emails and missed calls. Then I finish up anything that is ready to be shipped or deployed out to the clients. Then if I had any appointments to set up phones or tokens, I do those.
I might not learn something new every day but I get to understand different roles and processes of other teams.
My managers usually have their own things to deal with day to day so we typically don't engage too much, unless I do have a question or just simple small talk.
My co-workers, again, have their own jobs to do, either setting up computers, moving people, or troubleshooting an issue over the phone. We do have conversations throughout the day but we are usually all pretty busy.
The hardest part of my job would be the amount of work that comes in in one day or during the week and I have to schedule my day as productive as possible to make sure I meet the company's demands. The best part of my job is getting something completed for my client's whether it was setting up their corporate phone or new computer and just seeing them happy. I do enjoy interacting with everyone and when I do get the opportunity to visit a different site, it's nice to see the people I talk to regularly in person.
Pros
Get some OT
Cons
On my feet most of the day
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!
Good Work life balance
Service Delivery Specialit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Good Work life balance. Managers were better than most other places I have worked. If I had any complaint, it was that the company is slow in implementing changes.
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location