TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
sales
CORPORATE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2016
This company seems to go through a restructure almost every year.
Management drives their employees hard with little appreciation
BI and IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
TELUS is a great place with good work life balance. Well understanding senior management and supportive. Pay could be better. Training and career progress could be better as well.
Great culture and values
Sr Market Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Fantastic place to work, great location, and supportive leadership. Too many re-orgs result in ambiguous roles and responsibilities which in turn impact productivity.
telus is an amazing place to work
Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: benefits, and coverage, co-workers
Cons: None I can think of
I have learned a lot at my time with telus, the co workers were really supportive in the fact that it was my first job. They assisted me in the first several weeks till I got adjusted. Its a great place to learn the basics on the working environment in marketing.
People here are eager to learn and move up within the company, I like working with people that are as motivated as myself.
Everything in regards to the job responsibilities was simple and clear. This company had great benefit plans.
Monitoring all of Telus Internet Data Centers For Managed Customers (MITS).
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: 3x12.5 work week
Cons: Headcount due to re-org has us falling behind a little.
My team monitors, makes requested changes, makes sure servers are up and running 24/7/365. Most coworkers are newer and less qualified so I try to help them as much as I can, but our team is lacking head-count due to Re-organizations, which has put a heavy strain/OT on our team.
no advancement
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
If you get hired part time, you will not get promoted to full time, no matter how many times you apply, express interest, exceed targets etc..
No advancement always hire outside company
Had the opportunity to work on new equipment
Network Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
A day at work could go from doing routines to a fast response on trouble reports.

I learned how to read technical manuals and follow job install orders and make sure records were updated if changes were needed.

Management provided a yearly review and asked for career ambitions. Also made sure safety courses were up date.

Co-workers were great to work with across all different departments and always willing to help solve problems.

The hardest part of the job was getting call outs at 2am to respond to trouble reports in all types of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a new part of the network go into service and meet expected time lines.
I also enjoyed to see customers happy after a service outage.
Good company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: bonus, shares, work from home
Cons: director, team management is not that pleasant
Good company, offers year-end bonus and share purchase plan as well as work from home work style. Currently company is going through restructuring and eliminating some positions.
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
Great, innovative company, horrible leadership. The leadership only really cares about being Yes men to CEO and shareholders. Company is very innovative, but difficult place to work in. My co-workers were wonderful but felt the same frustrations with leadership that I did
Very Fast Paced environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Changes happening every month, Have to stay on top of all changes, Managers Micromanage you, Lots of stats you have to reach
Amazing people to work with, great commission pay
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 26, 2016
great place to work if you enjoy helping people. not only do you sell phone but you have different scenario's with every customer, keeps you busy.
working with my peers on projects is a very rewarding experience
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 19, 2016
my work on a day to day basis, consisted of upgrading and migrating clients to other domains. Troubleshooting is an ongoing daily task. Working on projects for new environments as well as communicating with external clients regarding fixing hardware and upgrading firmware.
Amazing Experience
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2016
I love my job at Telus and the people I work with, this job gives me the freedom to work on my own as well as part of a team which I thoroughly enjoy. There is always something new to learn here, every day is different which I really like because I am always learning new things and growing in my position. I get along with my every single one of my co-workers and feel very lucky to consider them my friends and not just people I work with, it makes coming to work everyday very easy.
advancement, salary and benefits are excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: fitness centre, training, sales campaigns
Thoroughly enjoyed my work experience, training and friends I made. Love the room for advancement and promotions. Knowledgeable staff a treat to work with.
Very dynamic and fulfilling
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Workstyle, training, and benefits.
Cons: Long hours
TELUS is one of the best employers indeed. You will develop a solid foundation as a TELUS team member and have the tools to enhance current skills or develop new ones.
Good place for customers, bad for employees
Responsable des clefs (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: free clothes
Cons: no management
No management, managers have no powers over their store operations. Employee commit fraud and are not disciplined for it in any way.
Enjoyable workplace with an amazing team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Team, Great Customers, Good Pay
Cons: My distance I need to travel for work, either than that its an excellent company
-I've dramatically improved my sales ability.
-A typical day includes cleaning duties (dusting, sweeping, moping, wiping down demos and displays) as well as delivering excellent customer service to each customer, promoting our special offers, letting the customer known about our home services, tablet plans and credit card opportunities.
-We have a great team here!
-Hardest part of the job is upselling for the credit cards. I strive in the other areas however credit card applications I find very difficult, that only makes me try harder until I can learn to be as successful with that as I am with our other products.
fun place to work
loyalty (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
had a good time, nice people, a bit too much politics with management seemingly doing minimal work. They pay is higher to start.
fun exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: goal driven, free lunch or money bonus
Cons: hours of operation didn't fit into lifestyle
working for telus was awesome i loved being three and around the people in management and also my team in red deer. unfortunately i was forced to leave due to the hours we had to work which were 12-830 PM everyday which was conflicting with my hockey at night, there were very understanding and would allow me to leave early but that obviously came at a salary cut due to the straight commission based salary.
Family Oriented Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Family Oriented
Cons: Always new technology
Telus was one of the best companies I worked with.
Opportunity to progress in the company
Appreciated our hard work