TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Good company
Sr. Technology Specialist/Sr. Production Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
TELUS is a good company.

The bad thing is it is going to offshore all technical job to offshore.

Making money from Canadian and provide job offer to non-Canadian, that is ....
Pros
company culture
Cons
offshore jobs
Marvelous work place. With multicultural workforce.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2017
Telus is a service based company and its mission is satisfaction of customers. Telus is the best place to refine your commercial awareness, communication, time management , stress management and people oriented skills.Working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, organisation, integrity and strong work ethics are practiced on daily basis. Telus is a multicultural company and respects every individual ethnicity and background. Telus is fair with all the employees and accommodates their personal and organistional values. The most difficult part of the job is to meet the tight deadlines.
Interaction with clients, helping them solve their problems and having a good team on board is the best part of telus.
Pros
bonuses, fair treatment
Cons
work life imbalance
Telus
Innovation Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2017
It is a good company. Hard to move up or get paid well. You can go years without receiving a raise. Work life balance depends on the teams
Great Place to Work
Complex Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
This is a great company with good support and helpful people to lean on if needed. Management understand balance between work and home life.
Pros
Understanding Management for support and education.
Work
Technology Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
I Loved working for TELUS best company ever.

Awesome working Culture. Very understanding Mangers.
I honestly can't tell you the hardest part of the job, there was none.
As long as the work was done in the timely manner, there was no issue, best part of working at TELUS.
Pros
free movies
Cons
n/z
great com pany
Field Sales Manager (contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
this is an amazing company to work for management is always open to suggestions and improvements, amazing to work for if your full time staff not for contractors thou
Pros
great work-life balance
Cons
no benefits for contractors
Review of working at Telus
Loyalty and Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2017
Telus is excellent place to work. Great management and co-workers. I greatly enjoy working at Telus. Any body who wants to work for great company which will appreciate your talent, Telus is best place to work.
Great company culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
TELUS gives you the option to work from home, with the expectation that you get your work done. It's a highly collaborative environment, with like-minded, intelligent people who are supportive and fun to work with.
Amazing Company
Install and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 February 2017
TELUS trains technicians and all employees in the work place. Very hands on, very detailed and it's paid. Tons of fun, the benefits were amazing. The other team members are what make it. Management is also very supportive and takes care of it's team members. Infinite room to develop and move on. TELUS will cover costs of learning/extra training if needed as well.
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Tons of overtime
Content employment
Telecom Technician (Former Employee) –  High Prairie, AB3 February 2017
Overall a secure job
Management made it miserable (new manager)
Prior to him taking the lead it's was a very enjoyable atmosphere and the team was great
Pros
OT availability
Telus
Time Admin / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
Busy daily and lots to juggle at times with last minute asks.

Was able to work for a number of departments and positions and learnt to be flexible and deal with change

I have worked for many good managers that always supported me

Hardest part would have been trying to get some answers to questions in the fast pace ever changing company

Always something to new to learn and working with my awesome team
Pros
Great Employees to work with
Cons
Upper Management changes for departments they are responsible for
job ok
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
great people to work with, the only problem is they outsource and contract a lot of their work now, so keeping ahead of the contractors is a bit challenging
Telus Review
BMC Remedy Developer / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Very nice place to work, environment is very nice full of new technology. A lot to learn about new technology. Staff is very friendly. Provides all kind of support to accelerate you career.
Can get a bit intense
Network technician Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2017
Job can get intense and demanding.
Having a good manger comes down to luck.
Compensation is decent.
There is room for job growth and opportunity provided.
Good
Corporate Technical Support Level I (Current Employee) –  Tech28 January 2017
Good place to work .. i would love to stay but i cant ... great college nice environement and culture .... office are really sharp and good benefits ss
Great Company
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 January 2017
Positive company to work for, many opportunities for advancement. I was able to build my skill set and advance in my career from my time at TELUS.

I appreciated the opportunity.
Very Enjoyable work environment until I moved to the head office.
Loyalty & Retention Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2017
A typical day at work would be me entering the building. Signing on at my work station receiving and accessories at my computer boxing them up and shipping them to their respective places.
When moving up to head office after the TELUS warehouse moved to Mississauga. I thought it would be a great opportunity for me.
In the beginning I loved it but close to the end they were doing a lot of job out sourcing and I feel they didn't value the Canadian workers they had.
I feel a lot of extra effort that was put into my job went unnoticed.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
n/a
If only the job had been what had been advertised
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
A warning to all those out there who apply for a job posting advertising for a specific industry skill set, complete three "tests" and two interviews. You are hired for a really good company, or so you think, only to discover that the job you applied to and was hired for was not the job you were doing. Quit, leave, do not try and make the job "work" out. You will be removed by the end of the year when they complete their annual sweep and get rid of their nasty little hiring practices.
Pros
Work-at home
Cons
Long hours and weekend when required
Outstanding environment and culture
Vice President Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
TELUS is an outstanding culture and environment. The treat their clients and employees! Tons of freedom with a focus on being productive ie. work is a thing you do and not a place you go.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Industry changes are affecting the business
not worth it
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 January 2017
I enjoyed all the people I worked with, I even enjoyed the office atmosphere and working on a computer however management was too overbearing to create a healthy long term work environment. There was a lot of interoffice drama and railroading in order to achieve advancements. I had a manager actually actively prevent me from advancing upwards in my career.
Pros
decent cell plan
Cons
bad management