TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Excellent place to work
Network and Design Specialist, Technology Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
TELUS is a extraordinary place to work, very learning, respectful and diverse culture.
A Techical Design Specialist in Technology Strategy our day start with Technical and project meetings, where people share and listen technical views.
My Co-workers are very respectful to each other and ready to support whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job is to balance between work and personal life.
The most important part of the job is appreciation on every end of projects.
Management is committed to follow the guidelines and vision provided by higher management.
Pros
Learning, Bonus and opportunities to grow.
Cons
extensive workload
Awesome workplace
Corporate Activation Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Flexible work-life balance
good support from peers
good advancement opportunities
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
not the phone company I once knew
Technology Analyst: Digital Signage operation (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2016
A typical day at Telus is usually working on projects or working on trouble issues. I did not learn anything at this job and did not gain any new skills. I had asked for training but was refused several times due to BUDGET. My manager was terrible and non existent and we would not hear from him for up to 2 weeks. It seems the managers are not accountable for their time and to their employees. My manager could not answer any of my questions and did not make any effort to help.
I enjoyed my co-workers but since Telus is all about Spirited Team work it seemed to make unnecessary competition when in reality your working as a team. The hardest part of the job was not having work life balance and the team was always short staffed due to budget which made it impossible to have a week off.
The absence of management to make a decision made the job hard to navigate through.
Telus is all about the managers EGO and not the employee.
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home after a long days work.
Telus is all talk and the only people who get the perks are the Senior manager, if your just an employee you JUST an employee.

Sad to say, Just like when you get your Telus bill be prepared to be disappointed
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Manager EGOs, lack of work life balance
Telus provide excellent work life balance
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 May 2016
Telus provide flexible work life balance which is great.
A person can explore various departments. All departments rely on each other so there is excellent communication among people.
There is no work security there which is negative.
The management can be friendly and helpful. It varies from individual to individual.
The salary and benefits are lesser than other TELECOM Companies.
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
Telus Mobility Edmonton Alberta
Mobile Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB8 November 2016
This is a decent company to work for, depending on who is your manager, and the culture the manager helps to create through his guidance of employees as well as what the manager accepts as proper behavior in the workplace.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good product
Cons
workplace culture might or might not be great depending on the circumstances.
Great company with lots of room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 October 2016
I WORKED AT TELUS MOBILITY FOR APPROXIMATELY 15 YEARS .IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I STARTED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND WORKED MY WAY UP TO HIGHER CORPORATE POSITIONS AS I WAS A VERY HARD WORKER.. A typical day at work involved taking calls from dealers and assisting with any customer service related issues dealer may have , or issues logging into their on line portal...as well activating accounts and assisting with technical issues ..my co workers were great as it was like my second family away from home...the hardest part of the job may have been if systems were down and we could not immediately assist our clients ..i enjoyed the closeness we all had working together as a team and helping eachother out at all times
Pros
medical benefits
Stressful and disfunctional management. They are only managers by title, but good at barking on command.
Telus Deployment Completion Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2016
Telus does not foster good employer management practices. I have had several managers while working at Telus, all of which used negative feedback and coercion. Lack of real support and positive coaching methods.
Co-workers are competitive with each other and there is little real team work.
Maybe the future is friendly, but the present working environment is not. It seems the company values it's customers (i.e. dollars and share value) more than it's employees.
Pros
Good benifits and union pay
Cons
Stress and bullying in the work place by management.
Poative work culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Only the best things to say about the management and the work environment .
There was definitely the opportunity for advancement . Management was more than willing to help with career options .
Forward thinking business that puts customer service before all else.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
The team works together with a single goal of making the best possible customer experience. The stress level is high as nothing but the best is acceptable.
Pros
Team work and benefits
Cons
very long hours
Telus job experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
The typical day at work is for people who are determined to make the sales. Many of our co workers had to take the bus.I also learned how to socialize with different kinds of people and different behaviours. The management strategies were quite effective. The manager also would make us wear dress shirts and a tie. My Co-workers were very kind and helpful, whenever there was problems they would assist. And the hardest part of the job was selling to people door to door, The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside all the time and working as a team
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Gets really hot
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 August 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
Enjoy working with telus
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2016
Enjoy working with telus, Great place to work with. Great work ethics, people are very nice, good work life balance. good benefits. Overall i recommend everyone to work here,
Good atmosphere
Telecom Programmer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Excellent work place environment
- great facilities and work perks
- manageable work load
- Easy to use applications
- good management
- good work life balance
Not good if you are a contractor
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2016
meetings every tuesday, found it a bit of a waste of time. Asked same question 2 different times and got 2 different answers from the same person. Missed getting paid on the day we were suppose to because management didn't have access to payroll info. Got paid someone else's commission by mistake. No place for advancement as it seems that it would be cheaper to keep contractors as contractors.
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.
Hollow Shell of a Company
Account Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2016
Management is not interested in advancing your career or helping your development. Training budget is non-existent. Benefits are excellent and work/life balance is next to none. Work from home!
Work from home program
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
I loved that most of my work time was from home. I was a management professional with Telus and I had an opportunity to work from home. Work life balance was important to me and Telus is great at that.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Feeling left out with my team.

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location