TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, it's a family!
Client Care Representative (Current Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Telus is a great place to work. Everyone helps each other professionally and personally. I like the volunteer work they do as well.
Rogers
Operator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 19, 2015
Great environment, lost of support from management. Inbound customer care calls, and sales. The job was easy and you received motivation from management to excel and achieve more.
Excellent company with amazing co-workers!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
I first began my career with TELUS communications as a Loyalty & Retention Specialist in the mobility call centre. A typical day at work involved assisting clients while promoting the TELUS brand, and utilizing the skills and tools provided for retaining already existing TELUS clients. Throughout my training, and work in the call centre, I learned a lot about communicating with people, and developed strong negotiation skills that are applicable in all fields of work. The management team at TELUS are an exceptional bunch of people who provide never ending support, and kindness. The managers, along with my co-workers made the work environment fun, and welcoming. The hardest part of the job at first consisted of finding creative alternate solutions for client's concerns with their mobility accounts, however after the development of necessary skills, this part of the job was easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun things the mobility teams would arrange for all of us agents to get to know one another.

In my current role as a recruitment consultant with the talent acquisition team has given me the opportunity to utilize and expand my knowledge in the field of Human Resources. It is a very flexible working environment, and my colleagues are superb! It also has given me the opportunity to work in a more independent environment as I have the ability to be mobile by working from home, or at the office.
Too much expectations with minimum salary
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: director does not appreciate your efforts.
Nice place to gain experience.
Not a place to work more than 2 to 3 years.
Don't appreciate your efforts but expect more and more
Director is never friendly and does not care if you stay or leave.
administrator system
Technical Support 2 & 3 service center of Quebec (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCFebruary 2, 2015
• imaging deploying of Windows 7
• Configured applications: SAP, Lotus Notes, Fielview, etc
• Managed many technical problems at the same time and prioritize the most important
• Provide knowledgeable technical support and troubleshooting to Network, and Computer issues
Lots of benefits and bonus's
Sales Representative (Current Employee), cambridgeJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: commission
love working here . Love meeting new people and learning new things on a daily basis. Love the commission structure and the ability to earn a good income. Telus treats us good :)
Great Culture and Work/Life balance
Sr. Product Manager - Wireless Pricing Strategy (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Very collaborative and fun.

Flat leadership style.

Supportive leaders.

Innovative and open to change.
mentally and emotionally challenging
Technical Support (Former Employee), edmonton, abJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: exceptional wages, and benifits, friendly environment, alot of learning experiences
Cons: machine generated hours, no flexibility, little to no work life balance, too much politics in the company
a typical day at work included taking phone calls from customers, making sure their profiles were uptodate with current address, phone numbers, while keeping sewcurity measures in place, understanding the customers issue- where it was system issues or physical issues, then making sure the system was preforming at optimum measures troubleshooting the customers problem with strict procedures and practices, making sure the customer was well informed about the action that were being made as well as documenting each action that was taken. making sure the customers issues were resolved either by everything working like it should, or sending out a technician or transfereing the customer to the cvorrect department to fulfill their needs. then actively following up with the customer to make sure their services are working to their liking.

what i learned from this job was to be extremely patient with every customer, how to manage my emotions as some customers could become aggressive and rude over the phone. i also learned how to multi-task efficiently as we had alot of programs that were running all at once and we had to make sure everything corresponded with one another. i also learned how to manage my time carefully as customers were not very patient and wanted their problems resolved very quickly. i alo learned how to be thorough and communicate to others the steps i had taken to resolve conflicts in a way that every other agent would be able to follow and understand my work and actions taken.

the management was very little at the position because it was in an office call center, – more... the manager would check in with us on a need to know basis or if there was an issue with customer serveys. the only time you really got to sit down with your manager was when they would do call listenting and even then you only spoke about your performance on the call and things you could improve. otherwise it was working with little to no management

i cant really say that i had co workers as i didnt really get to interract with anyone unless we were not on a call. the people around me were fairly friendly when they were not on calls. the people that i worked directly with such as tire 2 support were sometimes rude and spoke down to you, but others were generally helpful and knowledgable.

the hardest part of my job would have to be the multitasking and being thourough. if these two things were not mastered then the job would definitly be very difficult. the customers would be very judgemental, and impatient if the calls took to long, and if your not able to multi task thouroughly then alot of mistakes would be made, and this job has absolutly no room for mistakes. another hard part is trying to resolve customer complaints and leaving your emotions out of it. it wasnt a common occurance but thrre would be atleast two customers a day that would be very rude and demeaning because of their frustration with their services and they would take out that anger and frustration on you because you are the first line of support.

the most enjoyable part of this job was being able to talk to customers about life outside of troubleshooting and getting to know people while waiting for programs to load or refresh as we worked with the alberta and british columbia customer base. – less
Technical representative and network support
Technical representative and network support (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 25, 2015
I Loved working at Telus.
Telus has a super good environment and values but it didn't have that opportunity for me to grow since i started as a regular technical support and i was a bit over qualified for the job.

Worked there from August 2014 to January 2015 and learned great skills , especially communication skills how to talk, address customers and especially if they are in a bad mood : how to calm them.
Fraud Analyst
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: fantastic coworkers
Cons: 24/7 operation
Strong customer service skills cultivated through years of negotiating with internal and external customers.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Expertise in Fraud Investigations leveraging strong analytical skills and detail orientation.
Highly organized, proven ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines using time management and leadership skills
Great Workplace With Great Staff
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Selling phones for Telus and Koodo
Learned how to successfully up sell products
Great Culture but Closed Club
Senior Director, Healthcare (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: cell phones
Cons: too much coolaid drinking
good place to start a career, exposure to good concepts, but advancement is hard, closed club and old boys network
n/a
customer service rep (Former Employee), downtownJanuary 13, 2015
i was a customer service agent helped customers with inquiries with services and about products.
CP Rail
Appointment Notification Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: long hours, weekends
CP was a great place to work. Made many friendships while working there. Was very sad to leave.
installing and repairs
Telus / AFL Technician (Current Employee), kelowna, british columbiaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free tim hortons cards, meetings .
Cons: 8 hours a day
installing fibre optic to households.

repairs on tv and cable and internet.
fun place to work. oportunity for growth and careeer advancement
Customer Implementation Manager III (Former Employee), Burnaby BC.December 26, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement. discounts on telus tv, and personal mobility plans
Cons: pay requires updating to industry trending pay
I enjoyed working in an environment where my efforts were recognized . coaching is available to allow for success and personal and career growth.
Good
Telecommunication Services Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 25, 2014
• Provisioning and maintaining outside plant facilities including aerial and underground buried copper services
• Installing, diagnosing and maintaining facilities (POTS) including associated components such as POTS splitters, ADSL and IPTV
• Involves customer contact including progress reports, discussing issues and applicable charges
• Performing wiring, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair support for POTS, ADSL
• Preparation of the cable for Splicing and Termination.
• Splicing Fiber Optic Cable inside the closures
• Terminating Fiber Optic Cable in ODF
• Testing & commissioning of Fiber Optic Cable by using the required test equipment
• Prepare timely field report, work order
• Provide test results and necessary documentation in line with customer requirements.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Fantastic work/life balance
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 25, 2014
After 15 years at TELUS, the company is definitely headed in the right direction. Forward thinking, opportunity to work from home in most roles, gives back to the community and head office is environmentally friendly.

Senior Leadership team are generally great... true leaders.
Telus Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: three rate increases in two months= angry customers
Telus was a extremely busy and demanding job when I worked for them. Some of the major changes that happened while I was employed there were not properly planned out. Which resulted in call drivers that were not prepared for, putting the stress on the CSRs. I enjoyed my training and pay while there but would never consider going back as the pace was unforgiving and nothing but angry customers at Telus.
Good Company
Core Network (Former Employee), ABDecember 22, 2014
One of the best telecom companies in Canada to work for. Latest technologies.

1 2 3 4 5

About TELUS Communications

We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. – Read more