TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Environnement sous pression
Directeur de compte (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC3 December 2017
J’ai adoré , mais le superviseur n’eta Pas agréable
Pros
500$ de gaz par mois
Best Place I had ever worked !
Business Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS29 November 2017
Cant say enough good about this company !!! Great Owners and management , they treat you very well and actually care about their employees!! Great place to work overall ! Defiantly recommended !!
Pros
Cons
hardly any
great
UNIX System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
overall is good, many great people here, company is productive and profitable, cultrure is great, people here are nice and there are great working environment
Horrible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2017
day in, same repetition, constant holds, wait all the time for process, no one seems to know what they are doing, constantly fixing something that was broken by others
Pros
ummm
Cons
part time
sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  British Columbia24 November 2017
nice job
nice work. people are nice, manager is very cool, flexible working hours. earn as much as you can. total sales job. i love this job very much.
Doesn't deserve the public sheen it has of being a desirable place to work.
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2017
There were good things about Telus. Where I worked was in a downtown call center, so accessible via public transit, although that's not true of all Telus locations.

The workstations were quite a good size, compared to those of other companies I've worked at / interviewed at / heard about. The pay is quite decent, for what I was doing, especially for someone with my seniority.

All of that said, an example of what they did wrong: in maybe early 2015 they got it into their heads to pioneer a new way of serving customers, called Service 2.0, involving the use of new tools but discarding NONE of the existing ones, adding to call center agents' workload for every single call.

Also, they pushed too many clients into this model too quickly, because someone had decided on certain dates for bringing them in. This caused an insane amount of stress, and was a major factor in my leaving.
Pros
Quite decent wages, good-sized workstations.
Cons
Unwilling to admit when someone was hired into the wrong job to start with.
No work/life balance.
Client Account Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 November 2017
Company does not care about it's employees. A lot has changed over the years and not for the better. You are just a number to TELUS and are easily replaceable with cheaper outsourced workers.
largest IT client i have ever worked for
Computer Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 November 2017
a very challenging place to work, not enough staff and worked ridiculously long hours and on call 7 x 24. Yet great people and let me stretch the boundaries of my job description
Pros
lots of extra money to be made
Cons
left to my own devices when things went sideways
Csr 2.0
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary14 November 2017
Depending on the manager that you get you'll either have someone who cares greatly or someone who is just trying to have little attachment to employees as possible.

My day to day was very busy, high stress and the support systems that were in place were confusing and slow.
Pros
Very good pay, some good benefits, some managers who care greatly.
Cons
High stress, many times being unsure what was going to happen to your position
N/a
Technical Support Agent for home services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2017
The culture at TELUS is pretty good. Advancement is encouraged at TELUS. I am not a fan of working the evenings and weekends in my support role......
great job
LNR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
Telus is an awesome company and I highly reccomend them to any potential job seekers. They pay great, have wonderful culture and a very positive work enviorment,
Telus
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC8 November 2017
I worked for Telus for a short period getting my second job in corporate sales. The territory I'd been assigned didn't have much in the way of business development so I had moved into Fx (foreign exchange).
Productive work place culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Telus' work life balance and culture enables National team collaboration. I was able to work from home on a daily basis while working with teams all over the world.
enjoyable work culture
Integrated Solutions Executive/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 November 2017
overall a good work experience. Good place for young people to begin their career as the company has many experienced folks to mentor new employees. Company has a reasonable training program.
bonne culture
Spécialiste en Fidélisation et Rétention (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 November 2017
bon revenu, bonne culture, bonne formation, bel encadrement
Pros
environnement
Cons
aucun
Good company to stay long
Data Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 November 2017
Telus is great place to work. You don't have to work at designated spot. you can book your seat in any campus. Or you can stay your home when working.
Pros
Work life balance
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 October 2017
Fun place to work, can have too many metrics to balance but good reward for work done right. Progression is unclear though, a lot of finding it out yourself with little direct guidance.
Stressful Stats Driven Work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2017
Training has degraded over the years but the expectations continue to increase. When expectations are not met employees and system is blamed.
I learned how the Union has become powerless over the new systems put in place to protect the company and not the employees that help build and make it grow.
The only enjoyable part of the job is the friends you make along the way.
Pros
Good people around you
Cons
Work/Life balance is a joke, Performance stats are unrealistic, Opportunity for advancement are rare
Great starter sales job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 October 2017
Being on time is crucial for Telus. Working for the company has been a good experience, I have learned a lot to advance my career path. The job requires a lot of your time and you have to be willing to learn if you want to do well. Taking initiative is crucial for your success. You will come to learn that you should earn a little bit more for what you do. End of the day they are a massive corporation trying to make the most amount of money they can and it is evident.
Pros
Great learning environment for students
Cons
Climbing corporate is hard
Your direct manager dictates whether you love or hate your position
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2017
Extremely political atmosphere where you get ahead by throwing your co-workers under the bus. You're just another dollar to upper management and are extremely expendable. Tread with caution as the union can only help you so much. If you're not liked by management they will make your life miserable until you quit.
Pros
8-4 Shifts
Cons
Management/Politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.