TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Telus is a Communication business
Technology Analyst 1 (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I like working at Telus because I got to interact with the employees that I had to support, this give me the learn experience but answering and answering a lot of questions in this environment
Fun place to work and it was close to home.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee), 200 Consilium Place in ScarboroughApril 27, 2016
Good place to and had lots of fun with co-workers. We had regular team meetings, talking about any outstanding issues or personal problems.
Great place to work on yourself and comunication skills
Door sales representative (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: free living and transportation
Cons: arriving at people houses when there having dinner or at a bad time and they take it out on you.
I would wake up with my team and get ready for the day. have team meetings before going on route, this was a door to door sales job need to keep a strong mindset for this kind of work. I learned a lot about Telus and there products: cell phone/home phone/internet/TV and a little bit more on how to handle certain people. co-workers are really nice, all around my age of 24 kept us all motivated and to experience work with so far from home. Hardest part of the job I would say is having customers reject you when you know it was the better option for them, or coming out with $0.00 for a days work but that is very rare.
Productive and innovative work experience
Project Manager II (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2016
working with an enthusiastic group of people, we always look for better, more fun ways of working ... it is always encourage to bring forth new ideas and way to improve company and ways of working ...
Fun and Rewarding Workplace!
Sales Representative, Key Holder (Current Employee), Regina, SKApril 24, 2016
Pros: compensation, bonuses, many contests, close relationships
Cons: A little stressful sometimes but nothing impossible
TELUS is without a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. Customers are out first priority, and it is obvious by the amount of services that are available to them. My team is fun, collaborative and very helpful! I would recommend this Employer to any one that qualifies and is interested.
Amazing company to work for in every aspect
Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 24, 2016
- a typical day at work would include a "huddle" (meeting) at the beginning of each day , talking to customers and educating them on the services, setting up installation dates, checking address availability, solving issues addressed, completing tasks sent by "Order Entry," lunch break, selling services.

- I learned to multitask under pressure, how to deal with customers over the phone in a professional manner, book customers and sell products, gain knowledge on Telus TV, Phone and Internet services, learn about new changes within the company extremely fast as it was constantly changing.

- Management was amazing! They made sure to make us feel like we could be ourselves and be comfortable as long as we did our job and achieved the goals they set for us as individuals and as a team. They taught us to build each other up and acknowledged everything that went on, especially the good.

- Coworkers worked extremely hard. We were all a family but we worked everyday in "competition" to get us more focused on reaching our goals. Everyone was so sweet and caring and I still consider them my family.

-Nothing was hard about this job. The people and the environment made everything great,

- Working with a team we called Family.
Great company to work for, even as a contractor
Consulting Telecommunications Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2016
Pros: Simple process recording work hours
Cons: None
Very well designed business management and operations. Minimum stand down time, complemented by a steady and continuous work load.
Good
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 21, 2016
Great corporate culture; very structured organization and plenty of room for advancement if you are a permanent employee (not if you're a contractor).
Hard work but rewarding
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: Outdoors All Day
Cons: Late Nights
This was my first real job coming out of university and my first real introduction to sales. It was tough work going door to door, definitely not an easy sale. However it really is a good way to learn what works for you and what doesn't. This job taught me a lot about my own approach to sales.
Horribly Bias, with Zero Rescpect for Personal Life
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: You get paid money for being there
Cons: Everything Else
Horribly Bias, with Zero Respect for Personal Life.
If you cannot drop everything you are doing at once to cover shifts of pick up someone else's mistake, you will be in the bad books.
Overly aggressive work environment for no reason.
Engaging, fast paced environment with great work life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
TELUS is a great company to work for as a finance/accounting professional. The Finance team is engaging, fast paced and offers positions in many different areas (Corp FP&A, Tax, Treasury, M&A, Investor Relations etc). The work life balance is very important to TELUS and something that is taken seriously from the CEO down to customer facing sales agents.
An excellent part-time job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2016
I have worked part-time with TELUS for over two years. As a student, this job was more than ideal - flexible hours, competitive pay (commission structure is excellent), benefits and stock options (even as a part-timer). Management was great, and I enjoyed connecting with clients to create lasting and meaningful relationships.
Employee friendly
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: Work from Home opportunity
Great place to work. Ample opportunity to learn and grow. Great team and managers. Overall a very good experience working with Telus.
Hollow Shell of a Company
Account Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Management is not interested in advancing your career or helping your development. Training budget is non-existent. Benefits are excellent and work/life balance is next to none. Work from home!
Great Place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryApril 1, 2016
Pros: Manage my own time
Cons: Too many meetings that may nit be needed
This is a fun filled environment with great colleges. Day to day is filled with challenges but reward by brain storming solutions.
Highly recommended company
Loyalty & Retention Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2016
Over all Telus communciations is a great company to work for. Management work hard to help their employees move within the company as well take time and effort to progress and benefit everyone.
I can Manage a Team and Sell myself as well :)
Outbound Sales Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2016
I managed 3 Vendor Team's for Telus and now I work Broad Connect Telecom selling Bus Phone's & Bus Internet to Business Customer's.
Productive work place
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
As an admin assistant you work to resolve problems and inquiries for internal staff and customers. Processing large amounts of customer payments, cash and balance accounts when working with outside agencies. Assisting support staff and representatives in investigations of sensitive info on accounts following company policy. Inputting/updating TCS schedule exceptions and SAP payroll for the office, posting email office schedules. I had the opportunity to work with a good team of management and co-workers. It is hard leaving a job with such a good team. I enjoyed our office gatherings during various company events.
Good working environment with security
Network Specialist, Client Solutions Assurance (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Sitting at a desk 8 hours a day
I enjoyed working at TELUS. It was an exciting environment filled with challenges.You are required to multitask working on several major accounts at the same time and are expected to prioritize to meet customer SLA.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 21, 2016
Great place to work but am having a hard time advancing my career. Have enjoyed my career at TELUS and would more than welcome advancing my career.
Headquarters