TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Telus job experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
The typical day at work is for people who are determined to make the sales. Many of our co workers had to take the bus.I also learned how to socialize with different kinds of people and different behaviours. The management strategies were quite effective. The manager also would make us wear dress shirts and a tie. My Co-workers were very kind and helpful, whenever there was problems they would assist. And the hardest part of the job was selling to people door to door, The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside all the time and working as a team
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Gets really hot
Excellent place to work
Network and Design Specialist, Technology Strategy (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
TELUS is a extraordinary place to work, very learning, respectful and diverse culture.
A Techical Design Specialist in Technology Strategy our day start with Technical and project meetings, where people share and listen technical views.
My Co-workers are very respectful to each other and ready to support whenever needed.
The hardest part of the job is to balance between work and personal life.
The most important part of the job is appreciation on every end of projects.
Management is committed to follow the guidelines and vision provided by higher management.
Pros
Learning, Bonus and opportunities to grow.
Cons
extensive workload
Provisioning Application Support Analyst
Provisioning Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 October 2016
Telus is a fast paced innovative company embracing change and always improving to meet the demand of the customer.
Telus has a flexible team player environment allowing productive and efficient workflow throughout the organization.
Telus has a passion for growthand encourages employees to grow within the organization as well.
Pros
Flexible environment
Cons
24 hour on call can have long hours
A organization with a strong training and development focus
Database Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A training and development-focused organization with a clear roadmap for training employees to sustain and enhance the productivity of the organization as a whole. A transparent and open form of communication addressing employee’s need to feel that what they have to say has value.
Pros
Learning and development opportunities
Cons
No job security
Great company with lots of room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 October 2016
I WORKED AT TELUS MOBILITY FOR APPROXIMATELY 15 YEARS .IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I STARTED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AND WORKED MY WAY UP TO HIGHER CORPORATE POSITIONS AS I WAS A VERY HARD WORKER.. A typical day at work involved taking calls from dealers and assisting with any customer service related issues dealer may have , or issues logging into their on line portal...as well activating accounts and assisting with technical issues ..my co workers were great as it was like my second family away from home...the hardest part of the job may have been if systems were down and we could not immediately assist our clients ..i enjoyed the closeness we all had working together as a team and helping eachother out at all times
Pros
medical benefits
Productive , Very fun and enrgetic environment
Customer Solutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Amazing company to be a part of! Very dynamic and diverse employees creates a variety of culture and new ideas . Laid back but very hard working people .

Most enjoyable part was the people who work there , it makes it so enjoyable to come into work stress free and creates a very dynamic atmosphere.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Telus Mobility Edmonton Alberta
Mobile Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB8 November 2016
This is a decent company to work for, depending on who is your manager, and the culture the manager helps to create through his guidance of employees as well as what the manager accepts as proper behavior in the workplace.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good product
Cons
workplace culture might or might not be great depending on the circumstances.
Ability to grow and lead by example
Diversity and Inclusion coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2016
A typical day for me is answer multiple emails. Reviewing budgets and creating Budget vs Actuals.

I have learned during my time at TELUS that I truly love the diversity and Inclusion that TELUS holds dear. I have a keen ability to network within the community and create business opportunities where they did not exist before.
Pros
low phone plan
Cons
lack of movement
Great company with great culture!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
TELUS is a really great company to work for! The culture and work environment is beyond comparable to any other company I have ever worked for. Management is also great, and support you with career development. I've had the opportunity to work in a couple of departments in the short three years I've worked there. The benefits and compensation are also great!
Productive and a fun environment atomosphere
Customer Consultant Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 August 2016
Working for TELUS, everyday tasks make a big difference in people’s lives. We get a chance to bring technology to a customer’s first home or we get them started on a personal transformation with devices and wearable, and an app. And throughout the year, we takes time to volunteer and fundraise for groups in our communities. I love helping our customers and improving people’s lives.
What I Learned
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
I learned a lot from TELUS.
I had never worked a telecommunications job before and I really enjoyed it.
I learned how to activate and renew contracts
Ship and repair phones, as well as up-sell many interesting and beneficial add-ons so customers leave the store satisfied
Pros
Interesting line of work
Cons
Employees
Day at work
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 August 2016
A typical day at work was quite fast paced, quite steady, and very time managed. What learned from management was my strong skills and how to apply them. The hardest part of the job was making sure coding was correct for call types. The most enjoyable part was learning all the services and the the customers I got to speak to.
Pros
co-workers and celebrations, speaking to different customers
Strong Team Culture
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
There is a strong culture of working together as a team - you work hard and you play hard together. It can get a little hectic and being able to quickly synthesize large volumes of information and making decisions on the fly are skills that will go a long way. Meetings, meetings all day can make simple decisions cumbersome, but collaboration is highly encouraged. For me the pay was relatively low compared to other utilities that I've worked wit, but the opportunities to learn and develop professionally compensates for this.
Pros
Team spirit and opportunities for professional development
Cons
Long hours and many meetings
Great worklife balance
Marketing Communications Specialist, Social Media (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
-high performing culture
-typical day was fast paced
-learned to work collaboratively with many teams within the organization
-processes were challenging to follow
-most enjoyable part was cooworkers
-huge perk is the flexible workstyles allows employees to work from home and determine their own in office hours
Creative, productive work environment with a 'pay for Perfomance" Culture
Second Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 August 2016
Managing a creative design, development and training team, to work with all areas of TELUS to deliver excellent training for all areas of Product sales.
I have learned in this role, that sales are crucial to all aspects of this company, and every role, whether marketing, training, front line agent, installer, is all sales driven.
Management at TELUS is very creative and productive and really live by the Teams Vision and Mission Statements
Hardest part of this job, as with most, is the people management aspect, as all people are unique, and all require different support and requirements.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how successful the company has become in new ventures like TV, and Mobility offerings.
Pros
Free education
Cons
Large Corporation
Productive, busy and fun place to work
RECEPTIONIST & EVENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Overall satisfied with the work environment. Great place to work. Friendly people. Busy location, lots to do.
I have learnt how to better multi-task as I have multiple roles. I have also learnt how to better engage with others. It's been a pleasure working with TELUS.
Dynamic and intense environment.
Manager, Westshore Town Centre (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 October 2016
Great company overall. Corporate environment definitely differs from smaller franchises but both had their pros and cons.

Preferred the smaller entities as there was greater accountability compared to a behemoth with over 40 thousand employees.
An engaging workplace with leading edge technologies
Senior Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2016
I very much enjoyed my career at TELUS. With its "We Give Where We Live" philanthropic philosophy, it is very easy to align one's core values with those of the company. Extensive employee development opportunities abound for those who are ambitious.
Pros
Great place to have a career
Fun, easy-going work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 June 2016
For the most part the job revolves around selling accessories and devices. The overwhelming majority of the people you work with are pretty cool and easy-going. The hardest part of the job is that the customers always come before you. It's your word against theirs, and theirs always take precedent. Also they're constantly changing their focus and priorities with little to no input from employees. The most enjoyable is earning commission and working with good people.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Company culture
Outsstanding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Although our jobs were relocated over seas and are no longer available, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to someone coming straight out of College, willing to work hard, especially within an ever changing environment.

Sometimes you may have to do the work of 2 or 3 (or as I was, the work of 5 - due to a shortage of reps) however the rewards were immense.

I am however, very grateful for the break away. I thank God everyday for the knowledge and the experience. It was the experience of a lifetime.

I am even more grateful and excited to move forward!!

Thank you so very much.

Good luck and God Bless!!

TELUS Communications Reviews by Location