TELUS Communications

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal QCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
The job was fun, the co workers were easy to get along with.. The managers were always looking for ways to point out faults in your work and was never professional
Excellent Company
High Value II Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent Pay and benefits
Cons: Advancement was difficult
I had worked at TELUS for a number of years and always enjoyed the atmosphere and team spirit. Management is well engaged and are there when needed.
Best Telecom company you could ever work for.
Loyalty And Retention Agent (Current Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Salary
Great Management, great team, advancement... The best place to start a career!

I would recommond this company to who ever that needs a great company to start a career, especially in the Telecom world.
Over 27+ years of bilingual English and french speaking background. Possess a Valid class 5 Non-Gdl Drivers License with a clean Drivers Abstract Ex
Service & Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
- Maintained Inventory control levels to balance inventory needs
- Coordinated special Projects as directed by property management
- Monitored and maintained all building systems as assigned
- Completed payroll time-sheets and mileage reimbursement and - submit to management
​- Inspected cable lines, lay-ed ground cables, repaired poles and towers.
- Maintained and serviced feeder lines that provided technological access to residential properties
Productive and fun workplace to work
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn
Cons: Sometime very stressful
Great place to learn new technologies
Learn to interact well with customers, learned real customers relations
Co-workers are very helpful and sharing, I felt TELUS was a second home to myself
Great place to work.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
TELUS really is a great company to work for. They put alot of effort into team member development and establishing a positive and engaged team environment
Life as a Draftsman
Draftsman (Former Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Good people and benefits
Cons: They didn't see the value of keeping me, haha.
Telus once B.C. Tel, was a very good place for me to work. 20 years in all, and for the most part I enjoyed working there more than any other job I have ever had. I learned to work with others, most co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part came when I had to leave.....they closed the drafting department around 2010. It was a hard decision to make, but I left. I still with many other workers believe they could have done it differently but that is the way it goes. I am very thankful for those 20 years I had there. Note: I did have a break of service, worked for them twice.
busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 6, 2015
very busy work environment,lots of good people has many positives & some negatives.. good aspect is you can work from home
Variety and challenging
Special Projects Manager - Computing Services (Former Employee), Calgary, AbAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Challenging work
Cons: extensive travel at times
As Project mgr and Business Analyst for operations I.T., I interfaced with large and small business units to seek ways to improve not only performance but work life.

I worked with a great group there through tough and good times, they were always people you could count on.
Very good work.
Cable Splicer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Work was fun.
Cons: Work could be dirty.
Working with your hands.
Learned about telecom plant and equipment.
Management was good over all.
Good team ethics.
Some heavy physical labour.
Feeling of accomplishment after each job.
Highly engaging and motivating place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Highly engaged team
Cons: worklife balance could be better
TELUS overall has a great culture and they honestly live their company values.
TELUS is very community focused and does honestly care about their employees.
TELUS
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 3, 2015
Good work life balance
DESIGN SPECIALIST (Current Employee), BurnabyJuly 26, 2015
Great company to work for! Good opportunities for growth. Worked in a challenging role, with a knowledgeable and helpful team. Highly recommend it!
busy, stressful environment
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Toronto OnJuly 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits & pay
Cons: No life balance, management changes frequently
great pay and benefits no life or social balance, stressful environment, schedules are all over, managers micromanage quite abit
Productive and fun work place
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Good medical and dental insurance
very professional environment.
managers are very cooperative
learnt various technologies.
good place to work
co maintance (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 10, 2015
great place to work but after strike lost headquarters area so telus had me going to edmonton to finish up my career paid one way move no returing here so I retired new management in 2000 joined AT&T alberta diff company now bctel to telus bean counters all the way company kinda lost the personal ways with employees new managers not knowing the job trying to tell people that have bein in a job for years how to do there job trying to justify there paychecks.hardest part of job was office politics .
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great employee discounts on devices and accessories, employee rate plan.
Cons: Standing for full shift is a requirement. Not very intellectually challenging.
As an established organization, Telus is among one of the best to work for. There are many opportunities for career growth, however the fact that it is a well-established organization could work against you in that respect.

In trying to move to head office in a Sales Rep role, there will be a number of challenges and roadblocks that could prevent you advancement.

However, at the store level, if you are looking for entry level employment that can be lucrative without any previous experience, it is a good job.
Draconian work environment
Facility Inventory Coordinator Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2015
Pros: Wage, pension
Cons: Draconian work environment.
The union before its merger with USW had absolutely no bargaining power/leverage. Your job could be contracted out at anytime. The managers are patently Machiavellian in their one-on-one dealings with employees; the labor relations dept works close with management to manipulate or impose their will and interpretation of the texts/articles of the CA that was anything but the intent at the time of writing.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Great place to work, you can balance responsibilities very well, lots of training. Flexible hours, good vacation, talented resources.
Enjoyable
sales representative (Former Employee), torontoMay 19, 2015
Good company to work for. Flexible scheduling and good sales environment. Very manageable part time work during full time school and pays well.
Headquarters