Teligence, the leader in voice-enabled social networking, is looking for a full-time Systems Engineer to join our organization.
What You'll Do
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring, maintenance and administration of over 130 physical and virtual production and development servers, with significant emphasis on Linux, Vmware, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft environments. Production servers include internal corporate, QA, and external customer systems. In addition, you will be accountable for the following:
- Install, administer, support, tune, and troubleshoot enterprise Linux systems, storage area networks, backup and VMware environments, the full suite of Microsoft Server operating systems and applications including but not limited to Exchange, SQL, IIS, ISA, WSUS and Active Directory, as well as cloud services (AWS, Google Apps for Business).
- Assist in translating business requirements into systems qualities and into repeatable design strategies that enable the following: adaptability, scalability, availability, reusability.
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor software targeted for possible integration into the systems or environment, including strategic applications, tools, and utilities.
- Assist in defining the IT design methodology and best practices, as well as supporting the evaluation and selection of server hardware, operating systems and administrative toolsets to support our continuous improvement goals
This is a designated “on-call” position and will be subject to the conditions of the Company’s On-Standby/On-Call Policy. The on-call requirement for this position is the availability to provide 24x7 support when scheduled.
Who You Are
You are a strong team player who not only works well within your own team but also knows how to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams. You are a natural problem solver with excellent analytical skills. You come with superior written and verbal communication skills including your success in producing quality process documentation. Your excellent time management and organization skills allow you to always be kept on top of things, and the best of it all, you do all of this with a great sense of humour!
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced system engineer with 5 years in a similar position
- Experience in deployment, migration or administration of Amazon Web Services
- Strong background in Linux administration (preference to CentOS/Ubuntu or similar experience)
- Solid experience in the full suite of Microsoft operating systems, applications and BackOffice solutions
- Knowledgeable in Vmware installation and administration – must have experience with version 4.0 or later
- Experience in SAN administration (preferably XIV and NetApp), blade servers and monitoring/alerting systems such as Cacti, WUG, Nagios, HP SIM and IBM Director
- Knowledgeable in scripting such as VBscript, Python, PowerShell and Windows batch files is an asset
Furthermore, the following would be additional nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in a 7/24 transactional PCI environment
- Familiarity with OSSEC, Snare and Enterprise level antivirus systems
Who We Are
Teligence makes it possible for millions of people worldwide to connect for friendship, dating or fun; whenever, wherever and however they want. What started off as a single chatline has evolved to creative multi-platforms pushing the boundaries of innovation for voice, mobile, and web communication.
Today, we’ve focused on growing those connections through the introduction and development of exciting new products and features, and with a focus on web and mobile for partner brands.
What You'll Get
At Teligence, we share a passion for making people happy. Driving our edgy brands is a group of intelligent, energetic and talented people who think big, dream big, and then make those dreams a reality. Together, we are committed to creating innovative technology and powerful experiences that enrich people's lives.
We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization. From development to marketing, finance to sales and customer service, we work as a team to deliver leading-edge solutions across technology and telecommunications platforms. In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition
How to Apply
If you're interested in this position, send your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format.
We're an adult-oriented company, and as a Systems Engineer, you may be exposed to adult-oriented audio and visual content from time to time, as well as periodically may be exposed to sexually explicit conversation between members of our chatlines.
As well, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Information Resources and Computer Use Policy.