Teligence, the leader in voice-enabled social networking, is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join our team to cover a 13-month maternity leave with the possibility of extension.
What You'll Do
As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will provide end user support and function as liaison between end users, telecom vendors and operations staff to resolve, escalate and ensure problems reports are closed within the resolution timeframes. In addition, you will be accountable for the following.
Your key accountabilities are as follows:
- Provide local client workstation and VPN technical support including domain, e-mail account & group policy administration and assist with all releases to the client workstations following the completion of enterprise project work.
- Manage virtual PC infrastructure used by our outsourced call center.
- Maintain and administer anti-virus and Windows patching including ad hoc reporting as required.
- Support and manage the printer and backup infrastructures.
- Support local and remote Mac workstations including those running VMware Fusion.
- Log, action and close on trouble tickets while maintaining effective troubleshooting documentation and communicating updates to the rest of the team.
- Manage wireless mobile accounts including monthly invoice review and hardware upgrades, audio/visual and teleconferencing devices, software, and physical assets including license keys, workstations, accessories, etc.
- Troubleshoot and or clarify office communication systems issues for internal staff.
- Keep Teligence on the leading edge of desktop technology by staying current on physical and virtual desktop technology.
- Initiate, maintain and execute projects/requests in an accurate and timely fashion and provide input and feedback on the continuous improvement of internal systems, processes, and documentation.
- Responsible for all audio/visual needs in meeting rooms including hardware and software (e.g. Skype, Google Hangout)
- Special projects for added interest may come your way.
Who You Are
You are a team player who not only works well within your own team but also knows how to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams. You like to deal with many projects at the same time and being multi-tasks does not afraid you. You are a natural problem solver with excellent analytical skills. You come with a solid telecomm background with superior verbal and written communication skills including your success in projecting management in a technical environment. Desktop Support Specialist should be very customer service centric and committed to building solid relationships, and the best of it all, you do all of this with a great sense of humour and a positive can-do attitude!
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft desktop application suite
- Experience with Windows Server update services
- Working knowledge of Sophos Anti-Virus, virtual desktop and Vantive\PeopleSoft an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player with strong Customer Service Skills.
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail are mandatory.
- Analytical mindset with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively translate technical information and procedures to end-users
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively across a diverse organization
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a directly related position.
- Previous experience working with help desk systems
- Previous Telecom experience preferred
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or Post secondary/courses in related field a definite asset.
- A+ Certification is an asset.
Who We Are
Teligence makes it possible for millions of people worldwide to connect for friendship, dating or fun; whenever, wherever and however they want. What started off as a single chatline has evolved to creative multi-platforms pushing the boundaries of innovation for voice, mobile, and web communication.
Today, we’ve focused on growing those connections through the introduction and development of exciting new products and features, and with a focus on web and mobile for partner brands.
Why you want to be part of our team!
We are different in a good way and we are not a company that you will be able to forget. We share a passion for making people happy. Driving our edgy brands is a group of intelligent, energetic and talented people who think big, dream big, and then make those dreams a reality. Together, we are committed to creating innovative technology and powerful experiences that enrich people's lives.
We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization. Our employee recognition program reinforces our collaborative environment, which is further enhanced by our open door policy and access to management. Social events at Teligence are part of our culture and show that we are not afraid to have fun after working hard. Our summer and winter social events are an opportunity to celebrate our accomplishments throughout the year. Please check out our Facebook pictures to get a feel for Teligence culture!
In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
How to Apply
If you're interested in this position, send your cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format.
We're an adult-oriented company, and as a Desktop Support Specialist, you may be exposed to adult-oriented audio and visual content from time to time, as well as periodically may be exposed to sexually explicit conversation between members of our chatlines.
As well, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Information Resources and Computer Use Policy.