JOB TITLE: TELECOM ANALYST, NETWORK OPERATIONS (TIER 1 SUPPORT)
COMPETITION #: 2013-32
CLOSING DATE: THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
DEPARTMENT: NETWORK OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, NETWORK OPERATIONS
LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC
POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME PERMANENT
WAGE: $18.50 - $20 PER HOUR (TBD - Based on experience)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1-2
COMPETITION COMMENTS: We are a 24/7, 365 day operation, therefore workdays may include nights, weekends, and statutory holidays. The shifts will be 12 hours, rotating between nights and days, however these shifts may change to suit business requirements.
Reporting to our Director of Network Operations, the Telecom Analyst will work as part of our Tier 1 support team, acting as the first point of contact for inbound calls to our Network Operations Centre from clients experiencing issues with existing teliPhone Navigata-WesTel services and for maintaining contact with these customers for updates and call-backs during the resolution of their services.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Not all inclusive or applicable to all assignments)
1. Respond to Tier 1 technical support and account issues for teliPhone Navigata-WesTel data , voice and prepaid services.
2. Open and follow-up on trouble tickets to carriers and/or Field Technicians and escalate if required.
3. Escalate and coordinate with NOC Technicians (Tier 2) and other departments to ensure the appropriate stakeholders are involved.
4. Monitor network systems and provide Tier 1 troubleshooting on the teliPhone Navigata-WesTel network. Areas of accountability include transport, IP, environmental and power systems.
5. Process internal and external change management requests.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 1 year experience in a call center or help desk environment, preferably in telecommunications or a similar technology industry.
2. IT or Telecommunications diploma or equivalent work experience.
3. Ability to provide basic troubleshooting activities, and to follow established processes and procedures.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Excellent time management skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks and work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
6. Ability to handle customer contact with courtesy at all times, particularly when handling complaints and resolving disputes.
7. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and deal effectively with others.
8. Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
9. Fluent written and spoken English; Fluent written and spoken French an asset.
Who are we?
From its beginnings as BC Rail Telecom in 1957 to its recent evolution to teliPhone Navigata-WesTel, the company is now one of the largest independent facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carriers in Canada. We provide voice, data, Internet broadband, IT support, Cloud computing, Next Layer co-location data centers and IPTV service across Canada.
We service carriers, business, government and residential clients from coast to coast in Canada on our national infrastructure which includes a wireless microwave backhaul network, a trans-Canadian SONET Fibre Optic Network, and multiple CLEC/ILEC mutual CO facilities. Teliphone also operates a US network and its voice and IPTV services are available in 47 countries.
TeliPhone also owns and operates the New York Telecommunication Exchange (NYTEX) the world's first neutral international telecommunications commodity exchange. In addition to the exchange, NYTEX works in conjunction with telecom regulators in developing economies in Africa, providing them powerful platform to manage and control their international voice traffic.
With our extraordinary team of professionals, our ambition is nothing less than to give our clients the best telecom experience ever provided.
What will we do for you?
As a member of the teliPhone family, you'll enjoy:
-- A rewarding role with a chance to have a real impact on our business.
-- A flexible and supportive team-based atmosphere.
-- Excellent opportunities for advancement as we grow.
-- Personal and technical skill development opportunities.
-- Top notch rewards and benefits.
If you feel this is the perfect job for you, we want to hear from you! Please include the job title and competition number in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in teliPhone Navigata-WesTel, however, only those shortlisted for a phone interview will be contacted.