COMPANY: TELIPHONE NAVIGATA-WESTEL
JOB TITLE: CONTROLLER
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2013 -- 09
REPORTS TO: CFO
LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC
SALARY: BASED ON EXPERIENCE
COMMENTS: THIS IS A FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Financial Controller (FC) manages the day to day and operational financial functions of TeliPhone Corp (TeliPhone Navigata-WesTel). Enables strategic and operational decision making by ensuring internal and external reporting and compliance requirements are met. Ensures TeliPhone Navigata-WesTel’s compliance with all International and Canadian corporate, statutory and regulatory requirements is met. Responsible to create and maintain robust and effective financial reporting processes procedures and controls.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Not all inclusive or applicable to all assignments)
1) Oversees the preparation of all TeliPhone Navigata-WesTel’s financial management and statutory reports.
2) Cash Flow Management.
3) Compliance and Tax planning.
4) Develops, champions and implements procedures, policies and internal controls, to ensure efficient business processes and to support the delivery of TeliPhone Navigata-WesTel’s business objectives.
5) Drives and administers the planning, budgeting and forecasting activities of TeliPhone Navigata-WesTel to enable effective performance management and timely decision making.
6) Provides technical guidance/support on accounting policy and business development issues.
1) CMA,CPA, CGA or CA with 5+ years post qualification experience.
2) Working knowledge of USGAAP
3) Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
4) Experience working in a public company would be an asset.
5) Ability to grow the business through implementing creative and innovative business practices.
6) Strong communication skills across all levels of the company.
7) Highly accountable and proactive in meeting deadlines.
8) Goal and outcome oriented.
9) Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
Who are we?
From its beginnings as BC Rail Telecom in 1957 to its recent evolution to teliPhone Navigata-WesTel, the company is now one of the largest independent facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carriers in Canada. We provide voice, data, Internet broadband, IT support, Cloud computing, Next Layer co-location data centers and IPTV service across Canada.
We service carriers, business, government and residential clients from coast to coast in Canada on our national infrastructure which includes a wireless microwave backhaul network, a trans-Canadian SONET Fibre Optic Network, and multiple CLEC/ILEC mutual CO facilities. Teliphone also operates a US network and its voice and IPTV services are available in 47 countries.
TeliPhone also owns and operates the New York Telecommunication Exchange (NYTEX) the world's first neutral international telecommunications commodity exchange. In addition to the exchange, NYTEX works in conjunction with telecom regulators in developing economies in Africa, providing them powerful platform to manage and control their international voice traffic.
With our extraordinary team of professionals, our ambition is nothing less than to give our clients the best telecom experience ever provided.
What will we do for you?
As a member of the teliPhone family, you'll enjoy:
-- A rewarding role with a chance to have a real impact on our business.
-- A flexible and supportive team-based atmosphere.
-- Excellent opportunities for advancement as we grow.
-- Personal and technical skill development opportunities.
-- Top notch rewards and benefits.
If you feel this is the perfect job for you, we want to hear from you! Please include the job title and competition number in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in teliPhone Navigata-WesTel, however, only those shortlisted for a phone interview will be contacted.