TeleTech Employee Reviews

I found it a challenging and educational place to work.
Telesales / Websales Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2012
• Escalation Specialist afforded me the uppermost resources to resolve difficult customer problems tactfully and effectively.
• Worked in Customer Care and Telesales Departments.
• Provided professional e-mail escalations support while handling telephone customers.
• Displayed fairness and flexibility with customer’s special request.
• Member of the Health and Safety committee.
• Maintained confidentiality.
• I received countless recognition awards for customer service. Weekly and Monthly quality reports were always favorable. Recognized for being solution minded and professional with clients.
Pros
there were bonuses for performance.
Cons
i can not htink of any.
quiet
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Typical day at work was being yelled at continuously by customers calling in about something being wrong with their cable or internet.
Management was good, there was always help if needed.
I worked alone. Co-workers had own desk separated.
Hardest part of the job was being expected to leave my emotions or feeling at the door. Being yelled at all day, everyday, it's kind of hard to keep those emotions in.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
nothing
Comfortable working place
Customer Service Representative/ Call center Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 7, 2012
Typical day would have to be always on the phone taking orders from clients

I learned here how to cater to customers need via phone wherein it's a little bit challenging especially if the customer is an irate one.

Management wise it was good

Co-workers are all great, helping each other out.

Hardest part is the office is far from where I live

Most enjoyable part is resolving issues and making a customer satisfied.
Positive work place with people who understand you.
French Tier 1 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 4, 2012
As contact centres go, Teletech is one of the better employers I've worked with. Management is understanding and will work with their staff through issues.

With Teletech, you get your own locker, generally get your own desk, so there's no shuffling around or cubicle hunting from shift to shift.
Pros
cafeteria onsite, reasonable prices.
Cons
unless you live in clayton park, it's quite a commute to bayer's lake
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sm City PampangaApril 13, 2014
I have to answer calls to perform Troubleshooting procedures like for mobile phones and internet access and call back the customer if everything is working well, normally you need to learn on how to calm a angry customer and to assure u can deliver what they need and solve the issue. the hard part is its health risky you cannot just simply go to the toilet when you need to you need to ask permission to change you status on the system just to go to toilet most of the time you'll end up holding back what you need to do. the fun part was that the people you work with are fun and engaging.
Pros
fun working place
Cons
health risky
Overall Review of Teletech
Answering phones, troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Orillia OntarioMarch 15, 2013
Working at Teletech was a great job experience, it gave me a real incite on how a Cable company is operated. Some of the benefit with working there was the staff that you worked with and how they treated you. Some of the downfalls of Teletech was the companies that they worked for did not really do anything for their employees, it was mostly a very stressful environment that the company did not really take in account for. Overall the experiences there were stressful, yet it was a good job to learn from for customer service.
Pros
the staff
Cons
stressful environment
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 25, 2013
A typical work day at teletech consists of answering incoming phone calls about different companys such as a states based cable company, I learned how to deal with irate customers and how to work a computer program i never thought i could run. The people you work with both co workers and bosses are awesome people, The hardest part of working at teletech is the hundreds of phone calls you get in one 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the day is listening in on someone elses calls while in training and learning new tatics on how to handle upset customers
Productive and fun workplace with gameroom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  P07July 14, 2013
We handle calls rarely in high volume that means to say that we can allow ourselves to rest for a few minutes after one call while waiting for another call to come in. Once a week we also have our theme day, we will have a little program in the floor, requiring every team to participate. Its a little way of resting our minds from the routine we usually have in our workplace.
Pros
rice subsidy, meal allowance, transportation allowance and medical insurance for employee and dependent
Cons
working in graveyard shifts
Good work where you can feel like you've helped someone
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 22, 2013
I would answer calls, handle the call queue
I would help the customer with questions on their statements, make adjustments if valid errors were made, or assist with basic trouble shooting

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The trick was to remain calm and try to guide the customer towards a peaceful resolution

I enjoyed helping others, whether it be to understand their statements, help them save money on overages, or to help get their equipment working
Pros
full time hours, consistancy in hours
Cons
wears on your psyche
Teletech was a nice place to work with
customer service represenatative (Former Employee) –  ONOctober 7, 2014
Being with this company for more than years helped me a lot specially in molding my skills ,capabilities and even my communication skills.My co workers are so friendly and easy to deal with.The hardest part on this job was to have the late shift that cant change.the most enjoyable part on being with this s company is that a simple thanks are shown by giving some stuffs to all employees.
Pros
there are free lunh sometimes
Cons
overtimes are always present
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioDecember 11, 2011
I started as an CSR and within a very short time, I was promoted to Operations Supervisor. Teletech was "huge" on employee recognition, which can dictate a teams success or not! Great place to work
Pros
lots of career development provide to employees, lots of employee incentives, lots of team building efforts
Cons
non
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 22, 2013
I love working at Tele Tech the people I work with are all great and there is a lot of advancement opportunities. I have had the opportunity to work in the training environment and interview for a leadership role. The only issue I ran in to is the pay cap.
Pros
great people, performance bonus
Cons
pay cap
Benefits are great job security is alright as they will transfer you to another line of business if possible
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 8, 2013
They do not accomadate there employees they tell them everything will be based on your own metric scores when they are not very misleading information they will provide to you once your hired they are totally different
Pros
bonus if you are up in the stack ranking
Cons
no free lunches, no happy b-days, no extended lunches, they do not like to recognize there employees
fun workplace, staff was great, job was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Enjoyed talking on the phone, taking calls and helping customers out with there cell phones problems, taking payments, billing issues and the hours were really helpful
Pros
interactions with the customers, resolving customers issues with their cell phones
Cons
some management, hourly rate
fast paced work environment
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 20, 2014
even though it was 12 hour days, the time went very quickly because it was so fast paced.
The management obviously cared about there employees. it was a very upbeat atmosphere
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
the only challenge was when i couldn't solve customer issue
No job security
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 11, 2014
When I worked there, they lost the client and laid everyone off. No ability to advance.

Management wanted more for less money and less training. Did not provide a foundation for success.

Customers were abusive and advisors had little authority to help beyond fixing the technical issues
Pros
zero
Cons
to many
fun place to work. great co workers
order support (Former Employee) –  hailfax nova scotia canadaSeptember 15, 2012
a typical day at teletech was usually 6-8 hours.
i learned how to deal with customers and co workers on a daily basis when conflicts or 'bad days' arise.
our supervisors were rotated so we always had new supervisors.
co workers were always a joy to be around.
hardest part of the job for me was the physical enviroment. I believe it had bad ventalation.
the most enjoyable part of the job was each day talking to different people from different areas.
Pros
family events
Cons
bad environment
fast paced environment
Premium Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, Ont.April 17, 2014
 Spyware and Virus Removal
 Network setup and troubleshooting wired and wireless
 Troubleshooting computer hard/software, operating systems
Pros
various shifts available
Overall low quality experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMarch 13, 2014
The company is mismanaged at a local level. They are a third party provider whose clients provide a lack of respect or dignity for its employees. Not generally a positive experience.
Pros
gainful employment
Cons
hours, job requirements, lack of communication, mismanagement.
I loved working with my coworkers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 31, 2013
In my job I assisted Supervisors in training, overseeing agents on the floor, working directly with management.

I answered calls, emails, voice mail, selling products and services to customers.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
hours ewere cut and then the comapny closed down