TeleTech Employee Reviews

I found it a challenging and educational place to work.
Telesales / Websales Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 September 2012
• Escalation Specialist afforded me the uppermost resources to resolve difficult customer problems tactfully and effectively.
• Worked in Customer Care and Telesales Departments.
• Provided professional e-mail escalations support while handling telephone customers.
• Displayed fairness and flexibility with customer’s special request.
• Member of the Health and Safety committee.
• Maintained confidentiality.
• I received countless recognition awards for customer service. Weekly and Monthly quality reports were always favorable. Recognized for being solution minded and professional with clients.
Pros
there were bonuses for performance.
Cons
i can not htink of any.
Productive, but not fun
Inbound/outbound customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 September 2012
A typical day consisted of talking to customers on the phone, helping them with questions about their wireless phone service. Learned to multitask more efficiently. Co-workers were indifferent to each other. Didn't like to work together. It wasn't really a hard job. Most enjoyable part was the free donuts and coffee occasionally.
Pros
free lunches every few months
Cons
lay off
Non-stop fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON23 October 2013
Though the job as a Customer Service Representative was not for me, a day at work was nothing less than interesting.
The staff and management were very knowledgeable, and always eager to answer any questions. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing my customer was 100% satisfied when the call was over.
Pros
many staff appreciation days
Cons
long hours, inflexible hours, micromanagement
inbound customer service calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 September 2015
great place to work, loved the different shifts available. Super co-workers and supervisors, always willing to help with any problem.
Pros
having group/team meetings
Cons
public transit at the time was non-existent
Very proud to work for iSTAT...
Team Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 January 2014
I was a team training coordinator during my time with iSTAT. I trained employees to work on the assembly line to build a medical product. I am very proud I was able to participate in this adventure. Working in a clean room environment was a great experience. All management and co workers were fantastic. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours days. The shift was 4x4. Also the commute into Kanata everyday. I enjoyed watching my teams create and build a medical product that would eventually make it to the market and potentially save a life. My reason for leaving iSTAT was because I was needed at home for my foster children. Now my foster children are all grown.
Pros
Assemble a medical product that is actually used on our space station.
Cons
Long hours and long commute.
Teletech is a JOKE!
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, Ontario14 February 2013
I was a Technical Support Rep, who took inbound calls for a major American cable company, I would help customers get their cable boxes working etc. The best part of that job was helping customers and also the awesome co-workers. The worst part was the management or rather lack there of and the fact that Teletech refuses to follow their own policies and procedures they have in place as a company. Plus the fact that I as well as many others have our wage capped does not help when cost of living goes up each year. The best part about that place was helping customers when you could, the 40 hrs a week, group health benefits and co-workers.
Pros
some co-workers, group health benefits
Cons
no raises, managers knowing less than you, teletech does not follow their own policies they have, a lot of pass the buck.
great working from home seasonal job
Taking inbound calls assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada28 November 2012
I enjoyed the freedom of working from home but unfortunately this job was only seasonal for Christmas time. I did learn alot of online sales experience along with tracking down customers orders. I really enjoyed working here and wish it was not just seasonal.
Pros
didn't have to spend any money on gas to commute to work
Cons
only seasonal
Fun atmosphere
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 April 2014
The group of people that I worked with were amazing people.

As a call centre tech it was my responsibility to assist caller with cell phone hardware and software issues.

The only drawback of this job was the constant verbal abuse from callers. Although this was outweighed by the friendly atmosphere and the positive attitudes of my co-workers and superiors.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Arduous
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 July 2015
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
low pay
Working environment
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 May 2014
Very fast pace and busy environment.
Continued training as clients change program requirements.
Good opportunity to interact with other employees. Good employment population base ( approx 600+).
Job requires shift work and be able to meet QA requirements and deadlines.
Pros
agent incentives
Cons
must be able to work in cubicle settings
Fun fast place work environment
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON22 July 2013
the co-workers are the best fun people you will meet
you learn to troubleshoot problems over the phone
co-workers are fun and helpful
hardest part of the job is people yelling at you on the phone
most enjoyable is when you fix a customers issue over th phone
Pros
Full time positions
Cons
Vacation pay not available
fun workplace, staff was great, job was great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 January 2014
Enjoyed talking on the phone, taking calls and helping customers out with there cell phones problems, taking payments, billing issues and the hours were really helpful
Pros
interactions with the customers, resolving customers issues with their cell phones
Cons
some management, hourly rate
Fun place to work, grate chances to advance, only wish they would have stayed in Renfrew
Service Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON13 November 2012
My typical day would include taking irate calls from customers, evaluating my staff, listening to their calls. filing, being involved in meetings. addressing issues that my staff might have.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
they up and left town.
guarenteed full time hours.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 April 2013
It's a telemarketing job and I worked the later shift from 3 to midnight. I would be assisting customers with their cable issues. I also at times did some sales. I overall had a good time working with them.
Pros
every 3 months there is a raise for proper work ethic.
Cons
late work shift, due to the fact they are a 24 hour service.
No job security
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 March 2014
When I worked there, they lost the client and laid everyone off. No ability to advance.

Management wanted more for less money and less training. Did not provide a foundation for success.

Customers were abusive and advisors had little authority to help beyond fixing the technical issues
Pros
zero
Cons
To many
Good Job experience with opportunities with-in, great people to work with
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 March 2012
I liked this position as it offered the opportunity to grow with-in the company and the option to choose lead roles. The people I worked with there are what really made my experience there as they are kind friendly.
Pros
good hours
Cons
high turnover as per stress
Productive and High pace Call Centre
Technical Support Trainer for HP (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON28 September 2015
I would normally arrive at work about 30 minutes or more prior to training classes. This allowed me to complete preparations for the day.
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario11 December 2011
I started as an CSR and within a very short time, I was promoted to Operations Supervisor. Teletech was "huge" on employee recognition, which can dictate a teams success or not! Great place to work
Pros
lots of career development provide to employees, lots of employee incentives, lots of team building efforts
Cons
non
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON22 July 2013
I love working at Tele Tech the people I work with are all great and there is a lot of advancement opportunities. I have had the opportunity to work in the training environment and interview for a leadership role. The only issue I ran in to is the pay cap.
Pros
Great people, performance bonus
Cons
Pay Cap
Could have been better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  orillia on31 January 2013
The supervisors/team leads are probably the best thing about Teletech. The only really positive thing I can say is I met some great people there. Some of my best friends I met through working there. These people will always be close to my heart. The job itself was very easy.
Cons
immaturity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TeleTech. Our community is ready to answer.