TeleTech Employee Reviews

Good work where you can feel like you've helped someone
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 November 2013
I would answer calls, handle the call queue
I would help the customer with questions on their statements, make adjustments if valid errors were made, or assist with basic trouble shooting

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The trick was to remain calm and try to guide the customer towards a peaceful resolution

I enjoyed helping others, whether it be to understand their statements, help them save money on overages, or to help get their equipment working
Pros
Full time hours, consistancy in hours
Cons
Wears on your psyche
Benefits are great job security is alright as they will transfer you to another line of business if possible
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 February 2013
They do not accomadate there employees they tell them everything will be based on your own metric scores when they are not very misleading information they will provide to you once your hired they are totally different
Pros
bonus if you are up in the stack ranking
Cons
no free lunches, no happy b-days, no extended lunches, they do not like to recognize there employees
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ON12 March 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes
Had access to computers on break and lunch
Recovered Clients. Researched Customer Issues (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, On. Canada27 January 2012
Fellow CSR's become very close to each other and wonderful bonds were formed.
More often then not when a request came down from the Corp.Office to assist a client with an issue, the agent would do all the work and the Supervisors would put their name on it and receive the Kudos as well as promotions, and it happened all the time.
They closed our site and took it Over Seas. Over 300 people lost their jobs.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
the pay was not that great.
Positive work place with people who understand you.
French Tier 1 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 June 2012
As contact centres go, Teletech is one of the better employers I've worked with. Management is understanding and will work with their staff through issues.

With Teletech, you get your own locker, generally get your own desk, so there's no shuffling around or cubicle hunting from shift to shift.
Pros
cafeteria onsite, reasonable prices.
Cons
unless you live in clayton park, it's quite a commute to bayer's lake
Telecommunications can be fun
Customer Tech Service QM (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 September 2012
Good company. Amazing Team Managers and Executives. Teams were like families. Sure, some parts of the job were less than fun, especially when customers yelled at you. But there were always diversions and meetings to break up the stress, Could have used a real cafeteria there instead of just a lunchroom, but they had to have savings somewhere. Great training, lots of it. No question was a dumb one, and the instructors were SO patient!

Our fantasy sports teams rocked!
Pros
good people, ways to ward off stress, awesome teams.
Cons
washrooms could have been cleaner. customers sometimes really made us feel low.
I loved this job, my supervisors and my co-workers were awesome!
C.S.R. (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 August 2012
I seemed to learn something new everyday. I was given leeway to be actually able to HELP the customers. You were given a sheet with times and days to pick from for your schedule. The more seniority you had the better chance of your pick being posted. My schedule was posted weeks in advance and you were allowed to switch with someone else if it didn't suit you. The schedule you received was for 3 months at a time.
My co-workers and my supervisors are some of the best people I have ever met.
It was a really fun place to work but also professional.
Pros
just a great place to work.
Cons
the salary wasn't great, not really a place to advance too far within the company.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 August 2012
A typical day at work is gathering items from the locker,logging on to the computer,getting systems uploaded to get ready for work. What I've learned is working as a team,pick up the pace faster on calls,also get sales in on mostly every call to get my stats up. The management was fine, getting your schedual changed was not fun because your stats compete with 200+ people on the floor.The hardest part of the job is keeping phone time down to 8 mins when dealing with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a satisfied customer, getting there issues resolved, helping them out when they needed it.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours, not family oriented
Comfortable working place
Customer Service Representative/ Call center Agent (Former Employee) –  Philippines7 September 2012
Typical day would have to be always on the phone taking orders from clients

I learned here how to cater to customers need via phone wherein it's a little bit challenging especially if the customer is an irate one.

Management wise it was good

Co-workers are all great, helping each other out.

Hardest part is the office is far from where I live

Most enjoyable part is resolving issues and making a customer satisfied.
fun place to work. great co workers
order support (Former Employee) –  hailfax nova scotia canada15 September 2012
a typical day at teletech was usually 6-8 hours.
i learned how to deal with customers and co workers on a daily basis when conflicts or 'bad days' arise.
our supervisors were rotated so we always had new supervisors.
co workers were always a joy to be around.
hardest part of the job for me was the physical enviroment. I believe it had bad ventalation.
the most enjoyable part of the job was each day talking to different people from different areas.
Pros
family events
Cons
bad environment
Very fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON25 January 2013
A typical work day at teletech consists of answering incoming phone calls about different companys such as a states based cable company, I learned how to deal with irate customers and how to work a computer program i never thought i could run. The people you work with both co workers and bosses are awesome people, The hardest part of working at teletech is the hundreds of phone calls you get in one 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the day is listening in on someone elses calls while in training and learning new tatics on how to handle upset customers
Productive and Client drivin...
Human Capital Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS5 February 2013
As a newcomer to the field of HR and the culture of a call center I was greeted with enthusiasm from both upper management and staff. They were eager to bring me on board and helpful with all areas of knowledge for me to succeed as a Human Capital Coordinator. There was not a day that went by that I did not appreciate the position I was in.
Pros
the learning experience that i aquired at the hands of the hr team as well as the associates.
Cons
the site had to close and my expertise was no longer needed.
my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
Professional environment with a bunch of cards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 March 2013
TeleTech was my first real career-type job after high school. I really enjoyed the professional atmosphere filled with interesting characters. When I started there were over 600 employees. I loved being in a sea of people all working together as one entity. It was almost like being at a festival five days a week. Excellent training program and ongoing coaching. They really pushed employees to meet targets and gave them incentives for doing so. They was opportunity for advancement and great benefits.
Overall Review of Teletech
Answering phones, troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Orillia Ontario15 March 2013
Working at Teletech was a great job experience, it gave me a real incite on how a Cable company is operated. Some of the benefit with working there was the staff that you worked with and how they treated you. Some of the downfalls of Teletech was the companies that they worked for did not really do anything for their employees, it was mostly a very stressful environment that the company did not really take in account for. Overall the experiences there were stressful, yet it was a good job to learn from for customer service.
Pros
the staff
Cons
stressful environment
Very fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 May 2013
This job was very fast-paced. A lot of customers lived in the southern states and at that time they were having a lot of hurricanes ie., Hurricane Katrina.... a very hard time for everyone. Hard for the customers and hard for the technicians trying to assist. Co-workers and management were helpful. For me, the most enjoyable part was being able to assist and fix the customers issues in a positive way.
I also enjoyed the different shift work.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Was being unable to help customers when towers were down, especially the first responders (police, fire, ambulance etc)
Productive and fun workplace with gameroom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  P0714 July 2013
We handle calls rarely in high volume that means to say that we can allow ourselves to rest for a few minutes after one call while waiting for another call to come in. Once a week we also have our theme day, we will have a little program in the floor, requiring every team to participate. Its a little way of resting our minds from the routine we usually have in our workplace.
Pros
Rice subsidy, meal allowance, transportation allowance and medical insurance for employee and dependent
Cons
working in graveyard shifts
Deteriorating Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario6 March 2012
Over the years the work atmosphere changed drastically from being a possible career choice with advancement opportunities to uncertainty in the workplace. There were cutbacks that create a volatile work environment and created high turnover. There is no stability at this company locally.
Pros
open door policy, flexibility with work schedule
Cons
little compensation, no job advancement, high turnover
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 August 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customers calls. Explain bills, take payments, activate new phones, trouble shoot phone issues. Help with training of new employees.
I found it a challenging and educational place to work.
Telesales / Websales Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 September 2012
• Escalation Specialist afforded me the uppermost resources to resolve difficult customer problems tactfully and effectively.
• Worked in Customer Care and Telesales Departments.
• Provided professional e-mail escalations support while handling telephone customers.
• Displayed fairness and flexibility with customer’s special request.
• Member of the Health and Safety committee.
• Maintained confidentiality.
• I received countless recognition awards for customer service. Weekly and Monthly quality reports were always favorable. Recognized for being solution minded and professional with clients.
Pros
there were bonuses for performance.
Cons
i can not htink of any.