TeleTech Employee Reviews in Canada

I loved this job, my supervisors and my co-workers were awesome!
C.S.R. (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONAugust 24, 2012
I seemed to learn something new everyday. I was given leeway to be actually able to HELP the customers. You were given a sheet with times and days to pick from for your schedule. The more seniority you had the better chance of your pick being posted. My schedule was posted weeks in advance and you were allowed to switch with someone else if it didn't suit you. The schedule you received was for 3 months at a time.
My co-workers and my supervisors are some of the best people I have ever met.
It was a really fun place to work but also professional.
Pros
just a great place to work.
Cons
the salary wasn't great, not really a place to advance too far within the company.
interesting work place with great co-workers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 6, 2015
working here was an interesting experience. I learned how to understand and deal with many different types of people while helping them the my full extent. I learned about how companies manage their customers information and accoounts
Pros
great co-workers, reasonable schedules
Cons
high stress level job
Customer Service and Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 3, 2013
I worked as a customer service representative and sales rep. I sold phone services and long distance to the consumers. I done customer service for phone, internet, and tv services where I do my best with my knowledge of the product to make the consumers day as pleasent as possible and booked technical support to their homes if couldn't resolve the situation. What I learned was excellent communicational skills. Management was extremely disorganised and I offered my help as often as possible. My co-workers were weak in the knowledge of products and had them ctach up to my knowledge in oreder to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was to make everyone happy. Some people don't like to be bothered during sales calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was making plenty of friends at work because of the team environment.
Pros
making great friends at work at free lunches and birthday celebrations
Cons
brutal management in most call centers.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customers calls. Explain bills, take payments, activate new phones, trouble shoot phone issues. Help with training of new employees.
Fun and productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 31, 2013
Great company where employees are management are close with open-door policy. A place that offers chances for advancement and development.
Pros
lots of fun during work
Telecommunications can be fun
Customer Tech Service QM (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 11, 2012
Good company. Amazing Team Managers and Executives. Teams were like families. Sure, some parts of the job were less than fun, especially when customers yelled at you. But there were always diversions and meetings to break up the stress, Could have used a real cafeteria there instead of just a lunchroom, but they had to have savings somewhere. Great training, lots of it. No question was a dumb one, and the instructors were SO patient!

Our fantasy sports teams rocked!
Pros
good people, ways to ward off stress, awesome teams.
Cons
washrooms could have been cleaner. customers sometimes really made us feel low.
Very fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONMay 14, 2013
This job was very fast-paced. A lot of customers lived in the southern states and at that time they were having a lot of hurricanes ie., Hurricane Katrina.... a very hard time for everyone. Hard for the customers and hard for the technicians trying to assist. Co-workers and management were helpful. For me, the most enjoyable part was being able to assist and fix the customers issues in a positive way.
I also enjoyed the different shift work.
Pros
shift work
Cons
was being unable to help customers when towers were down, especially the first responders (police, fire, ambulance etc)
Mismanaged
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 8, 2014
I worked in the Logitech technical support for Harmony Universal Remotes. My experience at Teletech was a positive one for quite some time, I enjoyed my job and was very good at it, and I had a high rating of customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, due to high turn-over rates in Project Management, I was shuffled to another department which prompted my leaving the company, as my thoughts and feelings on the matter were not only not considered, but went unheard despite several attempts to speak to management.
Pros
great food, good people
Cons
bad management
Contact Center
Service Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 17, 2012
Typical call center environment where staff is overworked and underpaid.
Pros
people
Cons
low salary; few career advancement opportunities; performance not recognized
Inbound Call Center - cell phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 10, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with clients enquiries, helping them with multiple issues i.e. - bill payments, explanation of billing components, purchases of upgrades, accessories, plans, insurance.

This job was fast paced, I was always learning, and enjoyed pushing the limits of my learning potential, my skills, the close 'family' network of the company.

It was challenging, exhilarating and fulfilling.
Pros
great hours, great team spirit, great benefits and incentives.
Cons
should have had continuous training of new hardware, programs, etc.
The leaders and teachers were friendly
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 4, 2015
I honestly didn't stay long enough to get to know anybody. The lady that trained was awesome and the leaders were very friendly.
Pros
didn't stay long enough
fun place to work, people were wonderful to work with
Customer sales rep, provide tech support (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 28, 2012
this was a nice company to work for, competitive wages and benefits
Worst Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 13, 2015
Hated the job but not the people that i worked with. Got some great customer service experience and it was very satisfying when you could actually assist customers and make them happy. Overall though, was a SUPER stressful job.
Pros
helping customers, making people happy.
Cons
Over the top stressful, operating systems sucked.
Had access to computers on break and lunch
Recovered Clients. Researched Customer Issues (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, On. CanadaJanuary 27, 2012
Fellow CSR's become very close to each other and wonderful bonds were formed.
More often then not when a request came down from the Corp.Office to assist a client with an issue, the agent would do all the work and the Supervisors would put their name on it and receive the Kudos as well as promotions, and it happened all the time.
They closed our site and took it Over Seas. Over 300 people lost their jobs.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
the pay was not that great.
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ONMarch 12, 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes
quiet
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Typical day at work was being yelled at continuously by customers calling in about something being wrong with their cable or internet.
Management was good, there was always help if needed.
I worked alone. Co-workers had own desk separated.
Hardest part of the job was being expected to leave my emotions or feeling at the door. Being yelled at all day, everyday, it's kind of hard to keep those emotions in.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
nothing
Comfortable working place
Customer Service Representative/ Call center Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 7, 2012
Typical day would have to be always on the phone taking orders from clients

I learned here how to cater to customers need via phone wherein it's a little bit challenging especially if the customer is an irate one.

Management wise it was good

Co-workers are all great, helping each other out.

Hardest part is the office is far from where I live

Most enjoyable part is resolving issues and making a customer satisfied.
Order Support
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 10, 2015
• Provided order support for customers warranty orders
• Replaced customers products within their 14 day return policy
• Worked with other departments to resolve customer issues with their orders or replacement products
• Received payments through the clients application to pay for current service charges or replacement orders or added accessories
Positive work place with people who understand you.
French Tier 1 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 4, 2012
As contact centres go, Teletech is one of the better employers I've worked with. Management is understanding and will work with their staff through issues.

With Teletech, you get your own locker, generally get your own desk, so there's no shuffling around or cubicle hunting from shift to shift.
Pros
cafeteria onsite, reasonable prices.
Cons
unless you live in clayton park, it's quite a commute to bayer's lake
fast paced work environment
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 20, 2014
even though it was 12 hour days, the time went very quickly because it was so fast paced.
The management obviously cared about there employees. it was a very upbeat atmosphere
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
the only challenge was when i couldn't solve customer issue