TeleTech

1.6K reviews

TeleTech Employee Reviews

my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
fun place to work. great co workers
order support (Former Employee) –  hailfax nova scotia canadaSeptember 15, 2012
a typical day at teletech was usually 6-8 hours.
i learned how to deal with customers and co workers on a daily basis when conflicts or 'bad days' arise.
our supervisors were rotated so we always had new supervisors.
co workers were always a joy to be around.
hardest part of the job for me was the physical enviroment. I believe it had bad ventalation.
the most enjoyable part of the job was each day talking to different people from different areas.
Pros
family events
Cons
bad environment
Productive workplace
Service Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 8, 2015
- make outgoing phone calls to customers about the service for their vehicle
receive incoming calls and help solve any problems that the customer may have.
- i have learned patience, compassion, time management, organization, and how to be a team player.
- the co-workers are all friendly and great to be around, i enjoy coming to work to see them.
- the hardest part of the job is not staying on the phone for a long time with the customers.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to new people everyday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No over time
Productive and Client drivin...
Human Capital Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NSFebruary 5, 2013
As a newcomer to the field of HR and the culture of a call center I was greeted with enthusiasm from both upper management and staff. They were eager to bring me on board and helpful with all areas of knowledge for me to succeed as a Human Capital Coordinator. There was not a day that went by that I did not appreciate the position I was in.
Pros
the learning experience that i aquired at the hands of the hr team as well as the associates.
Cons
the site had to close and my expertise was no longer needed.
Positive work place with people who understand you.
French Tier 1 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 4, 2012
As contact centres go, Teletech is one of the better employers I've worked with. Management is understanding and will work with their staff through issues.

With Teletech, you get your own locker, generally get your own desk, so there's no shuffling around or cubicle hunting from shift to shift.
Pros
cafeteria onsite, reasonable prices.
Cons
unless you live in clayton park, it's quite a commute to bayer's lake
Overall Review of Teletech
Answering phones, troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Orillia OntarioMarch 15, 2013
Working at Teletech was a great job experience, it gave me a real incite on how a Cable company is operated. Some of the benefit with working there was the staff that you worked with and how they treated you. Some of the downfalls of Teletech was the companies that they worked for did not really do anything for their employees, it was mostly a very stressful environment that the company did not really take in account for. Overall the experiences there were stressful, yet it was a good job to learn from for customer service.
Pros
the staff
Cons
stressful environment
Benefits are great job security is alright as they will transfer you to another line of business if possible
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 8, 2013
They do not accomadate there employees they tell them everything will be based on your own metric scores when they are not very misleading information they will provide to you once your hired they are totally different
Pros
bonus if you are up in the stack ranking
Cons
no free lunches, no happy b-days, no extended lunches, they do not like to recognize there employees
quiet
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Typical day at work was being yelled at continuously by customers calling in about something being wrong with their cable or internet.
Management was good, there was always help if needed.
I worked alone. Co-workers had own desk separated.
Hardest part of the job was being expected to leave my emotions or feeling at the door. Being yelled at all day, everyday, it's kind of hard to keep those emotions in.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
nothing
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ONMarch 12, 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes
Loved the challenges
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, OntarioJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work: answer and handle complaints from customers about the product from several line of business which made me the only bilingual agent across Canada to handle troubleshooting issues.
I took over some cases that other co-workers would not be able to complete. Always volunteered for overtime.

I loved socializing with my co-workers and I have a great sense of humor.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
not enough recognition
Productive, but not fun
Inbound/outbound customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 20, 2012
A typical day consisted of talking to customers on the phone, helping them with questions about their wireless phone service. Learned to multitask more efficiently. Co-workers were indifferent to each other. Didn't like to work together. It wasn't really a hard job. Most enjoyable part was the free donuts and coffee occasionally.
Pros
free lunches every few months
Cons
lay off
guarenteed full time hours.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 14, 2013
It's a telemarketing job and I worked the later shift from 3 to midnight. I would be assisting customers with their cable issues. I also at times did some sales. I overall had a good time working with them.
Pros
every 3 months there is a raise for proper work ethic.
Cons
late work shift, due to the fact they are a 24 hour service.
Not a huge fan, wont work there again
Nissan Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 9, 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. They had us train a man from Arizona on how to do our jobs under the expectations that another site would be opening to assist us - instead they completely took over our department and took away our jobs.
Pros
you can fly first class for next to nothing
Non-stop fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONOctober 23, 2013
Though the job as a Customer Service Representative was not for me, a day at work was nothing less than interesting.
The staff and management were very knowledgeable, and always eager to answer any questions. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing my customer was 100% satisfied when the call was over.
Pros
many staff appreciation days
Cons
long hours, inflexible hours, micromanagement
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury OntarioMay 27, 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor
Very Memorable
Sales/Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 21, 2015
The days went by very quickly because of all of the different incentives and goals that we were asked to meet. The management team was a lot of fun and the job truly proved to be rewarding. I learned a lot when it came to starting out as a sales representative. I learned how to sell, what to listen for, etc.
Pros
Amazing incentives, good commission
Easy work, close to home, performance based.
Call-Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONNovember 19, 2013
It is like a chicken farm, only you're answering phones rather then eating all day. Every second counts. Need the soul of a used car salesman to be successful.
Pros
barely have to lift a finger. easy for handicap. close to home.
Cons
low pay. constant demanding sales from non-sales departments.
Fun atmosphere
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 4, 2014
The group of people that I worked with were amazing people.

As a call centre tech it was my responsibility to assist caller with cell phone hardware and software issues.

The only drawback of this job was the constant verbal abuse from callers. Although this was outweighed by the friendly atmosphere and the positive attitudes of my co-workers and superiors.
Pros
fun
Cons
arduous
Deteriorating Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, OntarioMarch 6, 2012
Over the years the work atmosphere changed drastically from being a possible career choice with advancement opportunities to uncertainty in the workplace. There were cutbacks that create a volatile work environment and created high turnover. There is no stability at this company locally.
Pros
open door policy, flexibility with work schedule
Cons
little compensation, no job advancement, high turnover
conflicts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONSeptember 17, 2012
This company and the ones which followed afterwards all have one thing in common: the lack to accomodate their employees. I understand that there are times when you can not accomodate the rep however you can at least try your best if it is something as simple as scheduling a shift.