TeleTech Employee Reviews

Customer Assistance with Billing and Repair
CSR (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2013
A typical day with Teletech Holdings included a meeting daily to go over our goals and area's of improvement. We would then locate a work space and would assist US Based Customer's with Cable repairs over the phone.

This position assisted me in refining my Customer relations as well as my keyboarding skills.

Management was adaquate, there was never a major issue involving the Managment of Teletech Holdings.

My co-workers and I developed relationships through the course of our employment, there was never any tension between co-workers.

The hardest part of this job would be customer escalations due to equipment malfunctions and billing issues.

The most ejoyable part of working for Teletech Holdings would be the feeling after which an issue was resolved and met everyones satisfaction.
Pros
benefits and option to have charitable donations deducted from pay.
Cons
constant shift changes
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 August 2012
A typical day at work is gathering items from the locker,logging on to the computer,getting systems uploaded to get ready for work. What I've learned is working as a team,pick up the pace faster on calls,also get sales in on mostly every call to get my stats up. The management was fine, getting your schedual changed was not fun because your stats compete with 200+ people on the floor.The hardest part of the job is keeping phone time down to 8 mins when dealing with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a satisfied customer, getting there issues resolved, helping them out when they needed it.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours, not family oriented
Was great
Sr. HC Manager Canada Corporate + eLoyalty (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 May 2016
great employer. Had all the great qualities: large, flexible, caring, compassionate. Regrettably no longer in Canada.
Productive and Client drivin...
Human Capital Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS5 February 2013
As a newcomer to the field of HR and the culture of a call center I was greeted with enthusiasm from both upper management and staff. They were eager to bring me on board and helpful with all areas of knowledge for me to succeed as a Human Capital Coordinator. There was not a day that went by that I did not appreciate the position I was in.
Pros
the learning experience that i aquired at the hands of the hr team as well as the associates.
Cons
the site had to close and my expertise was no longer needed.
Professional environment with a bunch of cards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 March 2013
TeleTech was my first real career-type job after high school. I really enjoyed the professional atmosphere filled with interesting characters. When I started there were over 600 employees. I loved being in a sea of people all working together as one entity. It was almost like being at a festival five days a week. Excellent training program and ongoing coaching. They really pushed employees to meet targets and gave them incentives for doing so. They was opportunity for advancement and great benefits.
Productive workplace
Service Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 September 2015
- make outgoing phone calls to customers about the service for their vehicle
receive incoming calls and help solve any problems that the customer may have.
- i have learned patience, compassion, time management, organization, and how to be a team player.
- the co-workers are all friendly and great to be around, i enjoy coming to work to see them.
- the hardest part of the job is not staying on the phone for a long time with the customers.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to new people everyday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No over time
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario27 May 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor
Deteriorating Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario6 March 2012
Over the years the work atmosphere changed drastically from being a possible career choice with advancement opportunities to uncertainty in the workplace. There were cutbacks that create a volatile work environment and created high turnover. There is no stability at this company locally.
Pros
open door policy, flexibility with work schedule
Cons
little compensation, no job advancement, high turnover
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 July 2015
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
low pay
my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
good benifets from Rogers, friendly people
ISP Technician (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON8 August 2015
This was a call centre where the job had unusual shift times -5pm-2:15am for example I learned the importance of working with a team to achieve a common goal.The co-workers were mostly students, and had their own little "cliques" after hours,and management was mostly transient so it was hard to get to know them
Pros
cut rate Rogers bill, and and as much of a relaxed atmosphere as possible in such a place
Cons
unusual shifts, not always the same co-workers night to night
Non-stop fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON23 October 2013
Though the job as a Customer Service Representative was not for me, a day at work was nothing less than interesting.
The staff and management were very knowledgeable, and always eager to answer any questions. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing my customer was 100% satisfied when the call was over.
Pros
many staff appreciation days
Cons
long hours, inflexible hours, micromanagement
Great atmosphere and work ethic
Escalations Desk (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS29 October 2015
Teletech was a fun place to work with friendly helpful co-workers a well as management. I was only out of training 2 days when I was helping others and quickly advanced to my role of Escalations Desk after only two weeks with the company.
Cell phone call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON7 February 2015
The people there were nice but the job itself was not pleasant.

Most calls were coming from people that would yell at you because their bill was too high and the computer system they had to look up their usage history was terrible. A lot of times, not of my own fault, I would have to put them on hold for extended amounts of time so I can review their bill and see if there was actually something wrong or if they were mistaken. They would get stressed out and that would make doing my job efficiently and friendly all the more difficult.

I did not appreciate that their systems were not tailored so that I can provide the best help to the customers.
Pros
Good hearted employees
Cons
Almost zero data management
guarenteed full time hours.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 April 2013
It's a telemarketing job and I worked the later shift from 3 to midnight. I would be assisting customers with their cable issues. I also at times did some sales. I overall had a good time working with them.
Pros
every 3 months there is a raise for proper work ethic.
Cons
late work shift, due to the fact they are a 24 hour service.
Not a huge fan, wont work there again
Nissan Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 January 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. They had us train a man from Arizona on how to do our jobs under the expectations that another site would be opening to assist us - instead they completely took over our department and took away our jobs.
Pros
you can fly first class for next to nothing
I loved this job, my supervisors and my co-workers were awesome!
C.S.R. (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 August 2012
I seemed to learn something new everyday. I was given leeway to be actually able to HELP the customers. You were given a sheet with times and days to pick from for your schedule. The more seniority you had the better chance of your pick being posted. My schedule was posted weeks in advance and you were allowed to switch with someone else if it didn't suit you. The schedule you received was for 3 months at a time.
My co-workers and my supervisors are some of the best people I have ever met.
It was a really fun place to work but also professional.
Pros
just a great place to work.
Cons
the salary wasn't great, not really a place to advance too far within the company.
Fun, sociable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 January 2016
I met a lot of friends, great people. I enjoyed the work I did with little to no conflicts. It was a job position that gave me a lot of experience to put towards other job paths.
Customer Service and Sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 February 2013
I worked as a customer service representative and sales rep. I sold phone services and long distance to the consumers. I done customer service for phone, internet, and tv services where I do my best with my knowledge of the product to make the consumers day as pleasent as possible and booked technical support to their homes if couldn't resolve the situation. What I learned was excellent communicational skills. Management was extremely disorganised and I offered my help as often as possible. My co-workers were weak in the knowledge of products and had them ctach up to my knowledge in oreder to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was to make everyone happy. Some people don't like to be bothered during sales calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was making plenty of friends at work because of the team environment.
Pros
making great friends at work at free lunches and birthday celebrations
Cons
brutal management in most call centers.
Fun and productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 August 2013
Great company where employees are management are close with open-door policy. A place that offers chances for advancement and development.
Pros
lots of fun during work