TeleTech Employee Reviews

my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON7 February 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
Was great
Sr. HC Manager Canada Corporate + eLoyalty (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 May 2016
great employer. Had all the great qualities: large, flexible, caring, compassionate. Regrettably no longer in Canada.
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ON12 March 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes
Degrading
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON11 March 2016
Not a fun environment to be in. Management putting down Employees. Little pay for the amount of abuse that's given by management.
guarenteed full time hours.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 April 2013
It's a telemarketing job and I worked the later shift from 3 to midnight. I would be assisting customers with their cable issues. I also at times did some sales. I overall had a good time working with them.
Pros
every 3 months there is a raise for proper work ethic.
Cons
late work shift, due to the fact they are a 24 hour service.
Good Place to work enjoyed going in every day, great coworkers good management
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON14 October 2015
Great Place no real pressure good coworkers, good management minimal office politics. I gave Quality assurance a few gray hairs but my issue resolve stats and my client loyalty was second to none and quite often they sent prospective hires to sit with me to show them job was actually fun and not as scary as other agents described it.
Pros
Generally a good enviroment to work nothing negative to report
Cons
wages lower than norm at the time.
Contact Center
Service Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2012
Typical call center environment where staff is overworked and underpaid.
Pros
people
Cons
low salary; few career advancement opportunities; performance not recognized
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 March 2015
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
Pros
Great Management, Good Pay
Cons
Phone Calls
Fast Paced and Steady work environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 June 2014
On a computer all day long taking incoming calls from customers that were with a service provider called Charter or were wanting to sign up with this cable provider out of the US. Dealt with tech issues, customer complaints, wanting more services/products, and upselling our cliental.

I learned a lot about the cable industry and the culture/stories of peoples lives.

Management was always there to help if you were having trouble solving a issue or didn't know how to solve a problem

Worked independently but most co-workers were miserable or stressed out cause this is considered a highly stressful job. Most of them outside of work are friendly.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the metrics the company wanted which was considered almost unreachable for most to reach.

Most enjoyable part of the job was taking control and helping out customers problems and being able to solve there issues and make them happy.
Pros
Bonuses for meeting required metrics at the end of the month
Cons
long hours, and talking alot, stressful at times
Not a huge fan, wont work there again
Nissan Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON9 January 2016
I worked there for over 2 years. They had us train a man from Arizona on how to do our jobs under the expectations that another site would be opening to assist us - instead they completely took over our department and took away our jobs.
Pros
you can fly first class for next to nothing
Productive workplace
Service Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 September 2015
- make outgoing phone calls to customers about the service for their vehicle
receive incoming calls and help solve any problems that the customer may have.
- i have learned patience, compassion, time management, organization, and how to be a team player.
- the co-workers are all friendly and great to be around, i enjoy coming to work to see them.
- the hardest part of the job is not staying on the phone for a long time with the customers.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to new people everyday.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No over time
fun place to work, people were wonderful to work with
Customer sales rep, provide tech support (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON28 November 2012
this was a nice company to work for, competitive wages and benefits
Very proud to work for iSTAT...
Team Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON14 January 2014
I was a team training coordinator during my time with iSTAT. I trained employees to work on the assembly line to build a medical product. I am very proud I was able to participate in this adventure. Working in a clean room environment was a great experience. All management and co workers were fantastic. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours days. The shift was 4x4. Also the commute into Kanata everyday. I enjoyed watching my teams create and build a medical product that would eventually make it to the market and potentially save a life. My reason for leaving iSTAT was because I was needed at home for my foster children. Now my foster children are all grown.
Pros
Assemble a medical product that is actually used on our space station.
Cons
Long hours and long commute.
Fun, sociable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 January 2016
I met a lot of friends, great people. I enjoyed the work I did with little to no conflicts. It was a job position that gave me a lot of experience to put towards other job paths.
first call centre
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  philippines30 July 2012
fun people great job nice experience... first time to talk with british people or customers and it is fun having conversation with them.
Pros
parties
Cons
salary
everything you need is already there
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Robinsons Novaliches Quezon city6 May 2014
day shift schedule
everyday work is manageable not too stressful
Pros
proximity and compensation
Cons
not stable account
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON13 July 2015
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
low pay
Company went out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 September 2012
Incomming Call Centre
answered phones 8hrs a day
troubleshooting pc issues
Pros
great pay & benefits
Cons
stressfull and went out of business
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON26 August 2012
A typical day at work is gathering items from the locker,logging on to the computer,getting systems uploaded to get ready for work. What I've learned is working as a team,pick up the pace faster on calls,also get sales in on mostly every call to get my stats up. The management was fine, getting your schedual changed was not fun because your stats compete with 200+ people on the floor.The hardest part of the job is keeping phone time down to 8 mins when dealing with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing a satisfied customer, getting there issues resolved, helping them out when they needed it.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours, not family oriented
good benifets from Rogers, friendly people
ISP Technician (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON8 August 2015
This was a call centre where the job had unusual shift times -5pm-2:15am for example I learned the importance of working with a team to achieve a common goal.The co-workers were mostly students, and had their own little "cliques" after hours,and management was mostly transient so it was hard to get to know them
Pros
cut rate Rogers bill, and and as much of a relaxed atmosphere as possible in such a place
Cons
unusual shifts, not always the same co-workers night to night