TeleTech Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customers calls. Explain bills, take payments, activate new phones, trouble shoot phone issues. Help with training of new employees.
Very low
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RenfrewAugust 24, 2015
Loved working there. Good benefits. Flexible hours. Great atmosphere. Great supervisors. Fun place to work. Truly enjoyed my time there. Wished they had never closed the Renfrew office.
good benifets from Rogers, friendly people
ISP Technician (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ONAugust 8, 2015
This was a call centre where the job had unusual shift times -5pm-2:15am for example I learned the importance of working with a team to achieve a common goal.The co-workers were mostly students, and had their own little "cliques" after hours,and management was mostly transient so it was hard to get to know them
Pros
cut rate Rogers bill, and and as much of a relaxed atmosphere as possible in such a place
Cons
unusual shifts, not always the same co-workers night to night
The leaders and teachers were friendly
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 4, 2015
I honestly didn't stay long enough to get to know anybody. The lady that trained was awesome and the leaders were very friendly.
Pros
didn't stay long enough
Good place to work, great people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONJuly 13, 2015
Typically,we would have a 15min meeting prior to logging into our phones. We were continually learning because the systems were constantly being upgraded as were our products. Management was okay, they tried to make their team top teams but some would go to far but overall, management did the best they could considering the centre employed over 700 people and during our peak hours had over 400 people on the floor. The hardest part of the job was when we were just learning a new system and trying to give the customers the correct information. The managers learn it at the same time we do so we're all in it together. The most enjoyable times were our bbq days,or theme dress days,contests with great prizes and the people we worked with. We helped each other out all the time, it was never a competition, I worked with great people and that's what made us successful
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
low pay
interesting work place with great co-workers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 6, 2015
working here was an interesting experience. I learned how to understand and deal with many different types of people while helping them the my full extent. I learned about how companies manage their customers information and accoounts
Pros
great co-workers, reasonable schedules
Cons
high stress level job
Customer focus company
Service Delivery Team and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIRJune 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Fast paced environment requiring customer service skills. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Worst Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 13, 2015
Hated the job but not the people that i worked with. Got some great customer service experience and it was very satisfying when you could actually assist customers and make them happy. Overall though, was a SUPER stressful job.
Pros
helping customers, making people happy.
Cons
Over the top stressful, operating systems sucked.
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury OntarioMay 27, 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONMay 14, 2015
Answering phone calls from customer and dealing with inquiries, complaints and other issues. I learned to multitask through a variety of computer applications in order to gain the information. Also researching the information to provide our customers on services that we were selling. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help some customers that truly deserved the help and the most enjoyable was my team and lead that i was a part of. They were my guide to information that i couldn't make available to my customers
Pros
Can have as much overtime as we could endure
Cons
Dealing with Customers that I didn't have the ability to help without clearance
Order Support
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 10, 2015
• Provided order support for customers warranty orders
• Replaced customers products within their 14 day return policy
• Worked with other departments to resolve customer issues with their orders or replacement products
• Received payments through the clients application to pay for current service charges or replacement orders or added accessories
Very Memorable
Sales/Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 21, 2015
The days went by very quickly because of all of the different incentives and goals that we were asked to meet. The management team was a lot of fun and the job truly proved to be rewarding. I learned a lot when it came to starting out as a sales representative. I learned how to sell, what to listen for, etc.
Pros
Amazing incentives, good commission
Call Center that no longer exists
Wholesale Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Very warm, welcoming call center, and experiences vary based on contract and job title. In some positions this was my most fulfilling job to date, with various management roles and always new things to learn.
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
Pros
great management, good pay
Cons
phone calls
Cell phone call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The people there were nice but the job itself was not pleasant.

Most calls were coming from people that would yell at you because their bill was too high and the computer system they had to look up their usage history was terrible. A lot of times, not of my own fault, I would have to put them on hold for extended amounts of time so I can review their bill and see if there was actually something wrong or if they were mistaken. They would get stressed out and that would make doing my job efficiently and friendly all the more difficult.

I did not appreciate that their systems were not tailored so that I can provide the best help to the customers.
Pros
good hearted employees
Cons
almost zero data management
answering phone's and computer sales
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 31, 2015
I needed a job at the time and they were hiring I would never work there again.
They are a calling company for time warner cable and I was constantly answering phone and talking to people that were angry because they were not happy with there service.
Working in call center
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2014
An enjoyable place to work, lots to do, lots of people.

Worked there for 4 years, got to know lots of people, and learned a lot about computers and phones.

Enjoyable work environment.
Pros
comfortable work enviroment
poor management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 27, 2014
poor management, typical call centre. disinterested staff
fast paced work environment
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONOctober 20, 2014
even though it was 12 hour days, the time went very quickly because it was so fast paced.
The management obviously cared about there employees. it was a very upbeat atmosphere
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
the only challenge was when i couldn't solve customer issue
tech support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 14, 2014
Help customer resolved issue with dsl, recorded steps to resolve issue, or book tech to go out to home.
Pros
like helping customer out
Cons
angry customers