TeleTech Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional environment with a bunch of cards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMarch 5, 2013
TeleTech was my first real career-type job after high school. I really enjoyed the professional atmosphere filled with interesting characters. When I started there were over 600 employees. I loved being in a sea of people all working together as one entity. It was almost like being at a festival five days a week. Excellent training program and ongoing coaching. They really pushed employees to meet targets and gave them incentives for doing so. They was opportunity for advancement and great benefits.
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
Pros
great management, good pay
Cons
phone calls
Inbound Call Center - cell phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 10, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with clients enquiries, helping them with multiple issues i.e. - bill payments, explanation of billing components, purchases of upgrades, accessories, plans, insurance.

This job was fast paced, I was always learning, and enjoyed pushing the limits of my learning potential, my skills, the close 'family' network of the company.

It was challenging, exhilarating and fulfilling.
Pros
great hours, great team spirit, great benefits and incentives.
Cons
should have had continuous training of new hardware, programs, etc.
Deteriorating Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, OntarioMarch 6, 2012
Over the years the work atmosphere changed drastically from being a possible career choice with advancement opportunities to uncertainty in the workplace. There were cutbacks that create a volatile work environment and created high turnover. There is no stability at this company locally.
Pros
open door policy, flexibility with work schedule
Cons
little compensation, no job advancement, high turnover
my great experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2013
After this company left It made me realize how wonderful they were. We got incentives, time off, holiday lunch-ins and also a HR department that acted like they cared. The pay was wonderful. They gave yearly raises and there was the change to advance in the company. I felt like there was respect for workers and most of the concerns could be resolved with the deprtment or site manager. Dress code was casual and jeans could be worn monday-friday.
Different
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London ONMarch 12, 2012
For a customer service based company it was okay, however, more thought should have gone into the employee selection pool, because immaturity was rampant among most individuals. Being among colleagues with only high-school education and fast-food experience was a challenging en-devour, especially when you are more accustomed to being around seasoned professionals. The training and support was alright. Help was there when you needed it.
Pros
compensation
Cons
employee relations, client attitudes
a day in call centre
customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONNovember 2, 2015
i would go to work 15 mins early to open up all the programs and would take calls from incoming customers in regards to their accounts.
inbound customer service calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 23, 2015
great place to work, loved the different shifts available. Super co-workers and supervisors, always willing to help with any problem.
Pros
having group/team meetings
Cons
public transit at the time was non-existent
Productive and High pace Call Centre
Technical Support Trainer for HP (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONSeptember 28, 2015
I would normally arrive at work about 30 minutes or more prior to training classes. This allowed me to complete preparations for the day.
Pros
Meet a lot of people
guarenteed full time hours.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 14, 2013
It's a telemarketing job and I worked the later shift from 3 to midnight. I would be assisting customers with their cable issues. I also at times did some sales. I overall had a good time working with them.
Pros
every 3 months there is a raise for proper work ethic.
Cons
late work shift, due to the fact they are a 24 hour service.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONMay 14, 2015
Answering phone calls from customer and dealing with inquiries, complaints and other issues. I learned to multitask through a variety of computer applications in order to gain the information. Also researching the information to provide our customers on services that we were selling. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help some customers that truly deserved the help and the most enjoyable was my team and lead that i was a part of. They were my guide to information that i couldn't make available to my customers
Pros
Can have as much overtime as we could endure
Cons
Dealing with Customers that I didn't have the ability to help without clearance
Fast Paced and Steady work environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 30, 2014
On a computer all day long taking incoming calls from customers that were with a service provider called Charter or were wanting to sign up with this cable provider out of the US. Dealt with tech issues, customer complaints, wanting more services/products, and upselling our cliental.

I learned a lot about the cable industry and the culture/stories of peoples lives.

Management was always there to help if you were having trouble solving a issue or didn't know how to solve a problem

Worked independently but most co-workers were miserable or stressed out cause this is considered a highly stressful job. Most of them outside of work are friendly.

Hardest part of the job was meeting the metrics the company wanted which was considered almost unreachable for most to reach.

Most enjoyable part of the job was taking control and helping out customers problems and being able to solve there issues and make them happy.
Pros
bonuses for meeting required metrics at the end of the month
Cons
long hours, and talking alot, stressful at times
Contact Center
Service Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 17, 2012
Typical call center environment where staff is overworked and underpaid.
Pros
people
Cons
low salary; few career advancement opportunities; performance not recognized
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customers calls. Explain bills, take payments, activate new phones, trouble shoot phone issues. Help with training of new employees.
interesting work place with great co-workers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJuly 6, 2015
working here was an interesting experience. I learned how to understand and deal with many different types of people while helping them the my full extent. I learned about how companies manage their customers information and accoounts
Pros
great co-workers, reasonable schedules
Cons
high stress level job
Cell phone call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The people there were nice but the job itself was not pleasant.

Most calls were coming from people that would yell at you because their bill was too high and the computer system they had to look up their usage history was terrible. A lot of times, not of my own fault, I would have to put them on hold for extended amounts of time so I can review their bill and see if there was actually something wrong or if they were mistaken. They would get stressed out and that would make doing my job efficiently and friendly all the more difficult.

I did not appreciate that their systems were not tailored so that I can provide the best help to the customers.
Pros
good hearted employees
Cons
almost zero data management
Customer focus company
Service Delivery Team and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIRJune 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Fast paced environment requiring customer service skills. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
everything you need is already there
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Robinsons Novaliches Quezon cityMay 6, 2014
day shift schedule
everyday work is manageable not too stressful
Pros
proximity and compensation
Cons
not stable account
Very proud to work for iSTAT...
Team Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJanuary 14, 2014
I was a team training coordinator during my time with iSTAT. I trained employees to work on the assembly line to build a medical product. I am very proud I was able to participate in this adventure. Working in a clean room environment was a great experience. All management and co workers were fantastic. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours days. The shift was 4x4. Also the commute into Kanata everyday. I enjoyed watching my teams create and build a medical product that would eventually make it to the market and potentially save a life. My reason for leaving iSTAT was because I was needed at home for my foster children. Now my foster children are all grown.
Pros
assemble a medical product that is actually used on our space station.
Cons
long hours and long commute.
fun place to work, people were wonderful to work with
Customer sales rep, provide tech support (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONNovember 28, 2012
this was a nice company to work for, competitive wages and benefits