TeleTech Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONMay 14, 2015
Answering phone calls from customer and dealing with inquiries, complaints and other issues. I learned to multitask through a variety of computer applications in order to gain the information. Also researching the information to provide our customers on services that we were selling. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help some customers that truly deserved the help and the most enjoyable was my team and lead that i was a part of. They were my guide to information that i couldn't make available to my customers
Pros
Can have as much overtime as we could endure
Cons
Dealing with Customers that I didn't have the ability to help without clearance
Worst Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 13, 2015
Hated the job but not the people that i worked with. Got some great customer service experience and it was very satisfying when you could actually assist customers and make them happy. Overall though, was a SUPER stressful job.
Pros
helping customers, making people happy.
Cons
Over the top stressful, operating systems sucked.
Very low
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RenfrewAugust 24, 2015
Loved working there. Good benefits. Flexible hours. Great atmosphere. Great supervisors. Fun place to work. Truly enjoyed my time there. Wished they had never closed the Renfrew office.
Order Support
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 10, 2015
• Provided order support for customers warranty orders
• Replaced customers products within their 14 day return policy
• Worked with other departments to resolve customer issues with their orders or replacement products
• Received payments through the clients application to pay for current service charges or replacement orders or added accessories
A very respected corporation
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury OntarioMay 27, 2015
I loved my position at Teletech. It was very rewarding with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Although the work requirements were the same on a daily basis there was always new procedures being put into place to help us as a team better succeed.
Pros
benefits, continous learning
Cons
being a third party vendor
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work I would answer customers calls. Explain bills, take payments, activate new phones, trouble shoot phone issues. Help with training of new employees.
Very Memorable
Sales/Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 21, 2015
The days went by very quickly because of all of the different incentives and goals that we were asked to meet. The management team was a lot of fun and the job truly proved to be rewarding. I learned a lot when it came to starting out as a sales representative. I learned how to sell, what to listen for, etc.
Pros
Amazing incentives, good commission
The leaders and teachers were friendly
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONAugust 4, 2015
I honestly didn't stay long enough to get to know anybody. The lady that trained was awesome and the leaders were very friendly.
Pros
didn't stay long enough
Very Good. Too bad it closed down.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 9, 2015
A typical day was handling inbound billing or technical support calls. With a few up-sales in between.
I learned a lot of customer service skills in the training sessions, and a little bit of technical experience from it as well.
Management was very good. They listened, they helped and always lead through example.
There was very little interaction from co-worker to co-worker, at least for me, cause we were constantly on calls.
The hardest part was the long hours, and the fact that I sometimes don't communicate that well from phone calls.
The most enjoyable part was the pay. The management was also very good.
Pros
great management, good pay
Cons
phone calls
Customer focus company
Service Delivery Team and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIRJune 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Fast paced environment requiring customer service skills. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Cell phone call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The people there were nice but the job itself was not pleasant.

Most calls were coming from people that would yell at you because their bill was too high and the computer system they had to look up their usage history was terrible. A lot of times, not of my own fault, I would have to put them on hold for extended amounts of time so I can review their bill and see if there was actually something wrong or if they were mistaken. They would get stressed out and that would make doing my job efficiently and friendly all the more difficult.

I did not appreciate that their systems were not tailored so that I can provide the best help to the customers.
Pros
good hearted employees
Cons
almost zero data management
Call Center that no longer exists
Wholesale Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Very warm, welcoming call center, and experiences vary based on contract and job title. In some positions this was my most fulfilling job to date, with various management roles and always new things to learn.
answering phone's and computer sales
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 31, 2015
I needed a job at the time and they were hiring I would never work there again.
They are a calling company for time warner cable and I was constantly answering phone and talking to people that were angry because they were not happy with there service.
Teletech was a nice place to work with
customer service represenatative (Former Employee) –  ONOctober 7, 2014
Being with this company for more than years helped me a lot specially in molding my skills ,capabilities and even my communication skills.My co workers are so friendly and easy to deal with.The hardest part on this job was to have the late shift that cant change.the most enjoyable part on being with this s company is that a simple thanks are shown by giving some stuffs to all employees.
Pros
there are free lunh sometimes
Cons
overtimes are always present
Loved the challenges
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, OntarioJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work: answer and handle complaints from customers about the product from several line of business which made me the only bilingual agent across Canada to handle troubleshooting issues.
I took over some cases that other co-workers would not be able to complete. Always volunteered for overtime.

I loved socializing with my co-workers and I have a great sense of humor.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
not enough recognition
Mismanaged
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 8, 2014
I worked in the Logitech technical support for Harmony Universal Remotes. My experience at Teletech was a positive one for quite some time, I enjoyed my job and was very good at it, and I had a high rating of customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, due to high turn-over rates in Project Management, I was shuffled to another department which prompted my leaving the company, as my thoughts and feelings on the matter were not only not considered, but went unheard despite several attempts to speak to management.
Pros
great food, good people
Cons
bad management
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Sm City PampangaApril 13, 2014
I have to answer calls to perform Troubleshooting procedures like for mobile phones and internet access and call back the customer if everything is working well, normally you need to learn on how to calm a angry customer and to assure u can deliver what they need and solve the issue. the hard part is its health risky you cannot just simply go to the toilet when you need to you need to ask permission to change you status on the system just to go to toilet most of the time you'll end up holding back what you need to do. the fun part was that the people you work with are fun and engaging.
Pros
fun working place
Cons
health risky
Inbound Call Center - cell phones
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 10, 2014
Enjoyed dealing with clients enquiries, helping them with multiple issues i.e. - bill payments, explanation of billing components, purchases of upgrades, accessories, plans, insurance.

This job was fast paced, I was always learning, and enjoyed pushing the limits of my learning potential, my skills, the close 'family' network of the company.

It was challenging, exhilarating and fulfilling.
Pros
great hours, great team spirit, great benefits and incentives.
Cons
should have had continuous training of new hardware, programs, etc.
quiet
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Typical day at work was being yelled at continuously by customers calling in about something being wrong with their cable or internet.
Management was good, there was always help if needed.
I worked alone. Co-workers had own desk separated.
Hardest part of the job was being expected to leave my emotions or feeling at the door. Being yelled at all day, everyday, it's kind of hard to keep those emotions in.
There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
nothing
Good work where you can feel like you've helped someone
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 22, 2013
I would answer calls, handle the call queue
I would help the customer with questions on their statements, make adjustments if valid errors were made, or assist with basic trouble shooting

The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The trick was to remain calm and try to guide the customer towards a peaceful resolution

I enjoyed helping others, whether it be to understand their statements, help them save money on overages, or to help get their equipment working
Pros
full time hours, consistancy in hours
Cons
wears on your psyche